• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Chorazin said:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/Chorazin_bucket/a71dd5c5.jpg[IMG]

Just found these at a local convenience store! I'm in SE Pennsylvania if anyone else is looking. They had Pepsi Throwback as well, also with the old school label. The Dr. Pepper is WONDERFUL![/QUOTE]
[b]MADE WITH REAL SUGAR!!!*[/b]

*for a limited time only.

:lol :lol :lol WTF?!

Needed some HD audio to do all my blu-rays justice. Perfect for my room.

2zzp7h1.jpg

Few new blu's from Christmas vouchers.

20jhemh.jpg

My girlfriend again has gone and done something crazy for Christmas and has gotten me this:

2009-12-28194903.jpg

This and the A/V Famicom for my birthday have blown my mind thorougly this year. :D

Also not pictured because I'm using it is my Samsung Moment, I am loving Android!

In turn I gave my girlfriend a gift certificate to a day spa, she loved it :D

Believe it or not... that Duo and 2 games w/ Avenue Pad 6? $250 BIN on Ebay... I kid you not.

<EDIT> A day SPA, not a day spay! *lol*

JEKKI

lol! I have no idea what any of these animes are (except for Gantz... Gantz is awesome!!)

all I kno is... they got HELLA of these animes at the 99 cent store!

2rr51zl.jpg

the more important pickup of the day... I haz new job!!

I will be moving out the desert and closer to Los Angeles now!!

2010!! the year of new money!!
and the loss of health benefits until new employment decides to take me off probation >_<

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
4224072067_098fe85a1c_o.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy

4224839910_9954e445fa_o.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum

4224071883_785e7f4374_o.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

4224071943_168e5b3687_o.jpg

Fruit Gushers, as good as I remember them being.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
G-Shock series wake up timer aka Official Clock Of The Death Star(tm)
P1040918_Medium.jpg

Nixie Clock (not my pic, but there were only two of this model made, so chances are 50/50 that this is the actual clock, which is still in transit):
queen-front.jpg

queen-side.jpg

queen-night-side.jpg

WEGGLES

Xmas booty ahoy!

Click for full size

Beastie Boys has got to be my favourite white jewish rap trio.

Contains 3 episodes of family guy with chicken fighting in it. :lol

I really dug it in the theatres, figured it'd be worth it on Blu Ray

Really enjoyed it, and heard that pixar movies are totally worth it on bluray (They are!)

Probably the greatest interviewer of all time!

Inb4 PC version is better. Truly this is the age of dragons.

Cruddy box art is cruddy.

Got a set of 4 Old style Scottish Ales. 1/4

2/4

Sweet little remote control helicopter.

Batman :)

New monitor :D

New sound system.

And the back 2 speakers, and my new coat :0 (Ignore the mess, selling the stuff in the background)

Yes Boss!

Damn,

Nice (future) pick-up Onkel! Give us the real pics when it arrives.

Also, I was actually trying to see your new pad in the background of the G-Shock Wake-up clock. :lol More pics in the cooking thread please!

P1040918_Medium.jpg

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yes Boss! said:
What is the text underneath? Looks like a handwriting a little french kid would do.
4224956898_1bc583ea3f_o.jpg

Wardrobe, a book detailing Björk's career up through Vespertine. A close friend of mine (who lives on the other side of the country) and I exchange mix tapes every Christmas, and she introduced me to Björk 10 years ago. This Christmas, she included this book along with the tape. I really dig things like this. Here's a quick look at a few random pages:

4224957002_7639b1d363_o.jpg
4224957020_7cd357d31b_o.jpg

4224957042_9441f9e972_o.jpg
4224189039_4f9f22db0d_o.jpg

4224189021_0168e6fa93_o.jpg
4224956916_09187c52df_o.jpg

Aspiring

cjdunn said:
Yet another very end of the month image dump:

Amazon sale
20091201.jpg

This doesn't come with the Back To Earth series does it? Anyway best pick p of the month. I watch Red Dwarf daily, its my favourite show ever. Period. The ending to me is as bad as the whole Shenmue incident. They left it open and never completed it. Why?!? And to make it worse, the Back To Earth series, should have been the end. They should of just wrapped it up, because even thogh i loved it and they still have it, who knows if another season would get financed. Instead they made like a spinoff series. Real silly IMO and i wish they jst finished the story so i could find out what happens!

Hitmeneer

OnkelC said:
Nixie Clock (not my pic, but there were only two of this model made, so chances are 50/50 that this is the actual clock, which is still in transit):
queen-front.jpg

-side.jpg[/IMG]

Wow. That is sooo awesome :eek: , especially in motion. But it wouldn't fit into my interior of my student room and it is a bit to expensive :') . I really need to remember this, so when I start working I can buy this.

cjelly said:
MADE WITH REAL SUGAR!!!*

*for a limited time only.

:lol :lol :lol WTF?!

Soft Drinks are loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) instead of sugar because it's cheaper for the company but shit tons bad for your body. The Throwback lines from Pepsi taste better and not as "heavy"...I'm a big fan of the Mtn Dew Throwback.

Beq

Neo Member
OnkelC said:
]

Might want to take those pics down of the nixie clock. No stock pictures or pictures you haven't taken yourself.

There is a good chance that you are gonna get banned =/

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
C'mon folks, I'm sure Beq meant it politely and my guess would be that glaurung still can read, so keep it civilized. Just wanted to share the joy of this particular purchase.

scotcheggz

Shin Johnpv said:
Very nice pickup, Tozando make's some really nice Iaitos. How much was it if I can ask?

I like your choice in Ito, and Saya colors. Mine are a light brown, I'm so tired of seeing black saya, black ito. Hammon looks really nice on it too. Definitely a nice pick up dude.

Thanks very much! Yeh I know what you mean, everyone in my club has black everything, on one hand I felt kind of bad being the odd one out, but on the other, I just wanted something that I liked, if you know what I mean. I was thinking of going light brown too, I like the earthy colours. It was a pretty good price I think, all in sword+shipping+import tax was £357, which is still cheaper than an off the shelf model we can buy from the only shop that sells them in UK. I got to choose everything on this one, which is nice. can't wait to actually use it now!

glaurung

sturmdogg said:
You didn't read the thread title did you?
I know full well the regulations in place within the monthly pick-up threads.

I also read Onkel's original post and he said that since there are just ***two*** of those clocks made, chances are that is the object in question. And surely he will post a picture once he's got the delivery and it's up'n'running somewhere where he lives.

Jeez.

Well here's that one last hurrah for the year or so they say....

ix4jzr.jpg

After months of hard work I got myself a HP 22 inch monitor, Logitech speakers/subwoofer & a PS3 60 GB.

2dhckrk.jpg

2pt86mr.jpg

The most welcomed gifts for Christmas and my birthday the day following, fashionable vests....and a few games.

2cdd3sl.jpg

I renewed my contract with sprint(as well as lowering the bill) and bought a LG rumor 2. Never bother to buy accessories in store

galvatron2k1

Neo Member
Here's my loot from the last 2 months:

Probably my best decision, I swapped the HTC Imagio for the Motorola Droid early in November before my 30 day return was up. It's 100x better than the Imagio.

Got the Tekken 6 Bundle from the Amazon lightning deal and slowly building my PC. Pictured is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler (for a quad core Intel Q8200). It was missing some parts inside the box so Cooler Master is sending me the replacements. Not pictured, Antec 300 Case and Acer X213H monitor.

Small power supply that was cheap, it does the job for now, but I know I will need to upgrade. Also snagged EA Active from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Some Blu-rays and new PS3 controllers. Got the Office Mac Business Edition for free from Microsoft. Also bought a broken 60GB PS3 for $100 and fixed the faulty blu-ray drive (not pictured). Not bad for a reserve PS3 (roughly $170 total after parts).

Yes, Amazon killed my wallet this Christmas. Tons of games for great prices...

And Blu-rays. Best series I've ever seen + Star Trek is fantastic. J.J. Abrams is the man!

Finally, you have to love Target after Christmas Clearance. 50% off. Here's to my wallet recovering in 2010.

Yes Boss! said:
Spending my christmas gift card from Trader Joes:

[IG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1030408.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1030395.jpg[/IMG]

And now my mouth is watering!

Rolf NB

Last round of related purchases of the year. Not showing gifts.

28s4sxl.jpg

For the benefit of the search engine, that's Monster Lab, Rebelstar: Tactical Command, Dungeon Maker DS, Prince Of Persia 2008, The Dark Knight and Pan's Labyrinth.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Urban Scholar said:
Well here's that one last hurrah for the year or so they say....

ix4jzr.jpg

After months of hard work I got myself a HP 22 inch monitor, Logitech speakers/subwoofer & a PS3 60 GB.
Heh, that was my first PS3 setup as well. Which model did you get? Is it 16:10? Chances are PS3 might not take advantage of the 1:1 option so you'd have to play stretched. Doesn't botter some people but I found it kinda annoying

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Urban Scholar said:
my monitor is in fact 16:9
Cool, didn't know they made that monitor in 16:9 now. I really liked how you could position that thing in every way possible, even vertically. Might get it back now that it's 16:9

FHIZ

My christmas haul + the ones I bought with christmas gift certificates

5agtms.jpg

And as with trying to keep up with Batman now, I got the first 6 issues of Red Robin (I love the way Drake has been taken in the series) and Arkham Reborn which leaves me dying to figure out who
the Jester aka the joker's "evil twin brother"
is as well as my theories that
Jeremiah Arkham
is the new Black Mask.

123mohy.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Onkel finally posted in here. I was like a schoolgirl the last time he did.

This thread is incomplete without .hacked and marwan.

LiK

buh.

D9_IB.jpg

seems like i missed out on the preorder bonus visual book, dammit.
QB_LE.jpg

edit: also got a new subwoofer as a xmas gift. it rocks (literally)

Kagami

LiK said:
Hah, wondered if anyone besides me got that.
I'm not much into figures so I skipped the LE and went for the 4000-yen-cheaper game-only package.
t0nw1w.jpg

This is my first PSP game, so I needed a PSP to play it on.
As luck would have it, one particular PSP model was on sale for $30 less than the normal model...
x2uss6.jpg

:D

Not only is it cheaper, it even comes with a memory card! Score!
rbkyg6.jpg

Won't be needing these...
2wqh05y.jpg

Next, time to stuff a man's game into this baby's virgin slot:
2nqvckn.jpg

Awwww yeahhh

And since this is a December thread, here's some BD pickups from throughout the year:
e8jour.jpg

Megami Magazine and Nyantype have been aiding me in my project to create the Queen's Blade equivalent of Toy Soldier's room.
33v2sf9.jpg

Top Bottom