• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

ithorien

Bye bye crappy Asus monitor, hello Samsung hotness (never thought I'd be saying that). Samsung P2450H as my big xmas present and Sony's PS3 Bluetooth headset.

2010-12-24_12-58-37_121.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Smokey said:
model number?
G73 I believe, I'm at work ATM (yes I'm working Xmas weekend it sux I know) so I cant verify the exact model number. I read reviews about problems ppl have had but so far nothing and I've ran everything from WoW to the Witcher on it on max settings. Such a bad ass laptop and it was only $1100 at Best Buy on sale. :D Perfect upgrade from my old Toshiba Sattelite.

nny

Let's update the pick-ups before the Christmas goodies:

DSC05512.jpg

New Yotsuba&! \o/

DSC05516.jpg

gaston1.jpg

gaston2.jpg

Digital Downloads (more to come...'tis the sale season)

telltale-bttf.jpg

stm-docclock.jpg

max.png

gog-bs.png

Cya!

DSC05515.jpg

5288844512_a414a47a3d_b.jpg

Hellooo, what's this?

5288832264_895ca9e04d_b.jpg

Omigawd, pickup of the forever for me. I had ordered this earlier this week and had no idea it would get here this fast.

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music
...............Modal Soul
...............Modal Soul Classics

Hydeout Productions Artists - Hydeout Productions First Collection
...........................................Hydeout Productions Second Collection
...........................................Modal Soul Classics II (Dedicated to Nujabes)

Uyama Hiroto - A Son of the Sun

Ridiculously expensive but so worth it. I have almost all of Hydeout Productions stuff now. I'm just missing a CD each from Jemapur, Kenmochi Hidefumi, Emancipator, and the Mellow Beats, Friends & Lovers collection.

So happy to get it on christmas eve.

Wormdundee said:
Omigawd, pickup of the forever for me. I had ordered this earlier this week and had no idea it would get here this fast.

Modal Soul
Modal Soul Classics

Hydeout Productions Second Collection
Modal Soul Classics II (Dedicated to Nujabes)

Ridiculously expensive but so worth it. I have almost all of Hydeout Productions stuff now. I'm just missing a CD each from Jemapur, Kenmochi Hidefumi, Emancipator, and the Mellow Beats, Friends & Lovers collection.

Holy fuck. Best pick-up in this thread. Can I come over? :D

Ezalc said:
I can't express how jealous I am right now into words. But I can ask, how much did all of that cost you? And where did you buy it?

Roughly 215 CAD. I got them from hmv.co.jp as they have better deals than amazon.co.jp when you buy a good number of CDs together. So yeah, an average of about 30 dollars per cd, japanese music = expensive :/

Empty

Wormdundee said:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5288844512_a414a47a3d_b.jpg[/MG]

Hellooo, what's this?

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/5288832264_895ca9e04d_b.jpg[/MG]

.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's a fucking amazing pickup man.

I won a contest held by Simon & Schuster (book publisher) in November and didn't know it until this showed up on my doorstep yesterday unannounced. This makes my third copy of the book, but that's okay because this one is autographed by the author, my biggest celebrity crush, Hilary Duff. Best Christmas present ever (for me, anyway)! Now I have two of her autographs and one of Selena Gomez, my other celeb crush.

fynb5w.jpg

143jhxl.jpg

:D :D :D

neoism

Wormdundee said:
5288844512_a414a47a3d_b.jpg

Hellooo, what's this?

5288832264_895ca9e04d_b.jpg

...........................................Hydeout Productions Second Collection
...........................................Modal Soul Classics II (Dedicated to Nujabes)

20it548_th.jpg

Pickup of the forever!

Nujabes(my favorite artist ever)... :( RIP

ithorien

PNstyle said:
HIGH FIVE! I have the P2470LHD :)

Bling, bling.

Can't believe how nice this monitor is in comparison to some others I've seen last couple of days. My friend thought I was crazy for buying a Samsung, but I can't be happier atm.

ngower

Couple of apologies: I don't have a camera and had to use my cell phone. The lighting in my room is awful right now because I just got back from break, which is also the reason for the state of my room in the background. Had to photoshop the brightness up immensely! Please don't hurt me...

These are a combination of Christmas, my own personal shopping, and some clothes shopping. I'd say this has been a pretty ****ing rad couple of days!

5288756947_e15e224e6c_b.jpg

Short sleeves:

Red Gap polo
Purple Banana Republic t-shirt
Brown Banana Republic t-shirt
Black Banana Republic v-neck
Black Gap polo

5289358936_f9fa436188_b.jpg

Long sleeves:

Grey/white/orange Levi's wool button up (colors are way off in the pic)
Various monochromatic shades from a no-name brand button up
Blue and white Converse button up
Sonoma boot socks

5288757069_a87733e79c_b.jpg

Pants:

Brown Gap corduroys
Gray Banana Republic chinos
Blue Gap denim/canvas/khaki time-and-space melting pants
Blue/grey Banana Republic chinos
Dark grey Banana Republic khakis

5288757129_fa65b53b97_b.jpg

Thermals:

Grey Gap thermal
Faded burgundy Gap thermal
Blue Gap thermal
Black no-name thermal (not pictured)
Grey no-name thermal (not pictured)
Sandstone Clarks Desert Boots

5288757259_2aed78d70a_b.jpg

Phillips earbuds for working out (had Sennheisers before, they got ruined, going the cheapo route for something like this, still have nice cans in my room)
Couple of Rolling Stone magazines from the past few months
Some odd beer pong type game for kids that my sister bought me:lol
Cobain: Unseen (nifty coffee table book on Kurt Cobain)
The Fountain
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia S1 & S2
Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany's bobblehead
Thermacare back pads
Shoe insoles
Gift certificate for a German restaurant in Boston

5289359242_417844ff26_b.jpg

Mississippi John Hurt - The Complete Studio Recordings (CD)
Pro-Ject Debut III Turntable
Minor Threat - Complete Discography (CD)
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (12")
Joanna Newsom - Joanna Newsom and the Ys Street Band (12")
Godspeed You Black Emporer! - F#A#∞ (12")
Elliot Smith - Elliot Smith (12")
Elliot Smith - Figure 8 (CD)

5289359086_80f4ff2ce1_b.jpg

Anderson Cooper - Dispatches from the Edge
$15 Amazon.com Gift Card
Altoids
Kandle reading light for Kindle

5288757199_e2f47ea6ff_b.jpg

Amazon Kindle 3 Wi-Fi

mehdi_san

Gameboy415 said:
At long last, here are my pickups for the last 4 months! :D

Long story short, I ended up moving into my late-Grandmother's house, finally got my (HUGE) pension refund from Japan, and got a job. Basically everything's coming up Milhouse! :lol
It's good to see you back in this thread :)

Salsa

SuperÑ said:
Thanks EA! 0$, 0€, totally free!

http://i.imgur.com/yuJbk.png[/ IMG]

Just use a UK proxy with the HotUKdeals link to the EAStore (Install EADownloadManager first).
[url]http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=15038&q=834553[/url]
[url]http://www.docoja.com/blue[/url][/QUOTE]

no steam key right ?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wormdundee said:

I approve of this message, though to be a real pick-up of the forever, you should have bought everything day 1 :(

Christmas presents :)
2010-12-25144217.jpg

Didn't ask for the special edition but I really like it!
2010-12-25144307.jpg

Random Dec pick ups include
2010-12-25144606.jpg

Because it was £5

2010-12-25144523.jpg

Anti Malaria tablets for when I got to India in two weeks!
Insect repellent supposedly really strong stuff used by aid workers etc
Factor 50 for my tattoo

Also Got Titan Quest gold box and Oddbox off Steam so far.

Edit: holy fuck I need to buy a camera rather that using my phone :lol

Gameboy415 said:
1012StarFox.jpg

StarFox Super Weekend Competition Cart - Miraculously found this at Half-Price Books and was able to use a 50% off coupon on it! :D
Holy shit, are you serious? This might be one of the craziest finds I've heard of in awhile.

Christ I'm jealous.

Virro

Johnlenham said:
2010-12-25144523.jpg

Anti Malaria tablets for when I got to India in two weeks!
Insect repellent supposedly really strong stuff used by aid workers etc
Factor 50 for my tattoo

Also Got Titan Quest gold box and Oddbox off Steam so far.

Edit: holy fuck I need to buy a camera rather that using my phone :lol

Good luck with the Doxy. I was in Africa for 3 weeks and the company I worked for was militant about not forgetting your doses. Also remember to keep taking it once you get back. I'm sure you had lots of fun vaccinations as well.

Virro said:
Good luck with the Doxy. I was in Africa for 3 weeks and the company I worked for was militant about not forgetting your doses. Also remember to keep taking it once you get back. I'm sure you had lots of fun vaccinations as well.

Yeah 2 days before we leave and 2 weeks after we get back of the top of my head, fun times! Had to get 3 vaccinations cant remember what the were mind you but one booster in 6 months and Im set for 10 years or so.

Here's a photo of my pick ups from the last 30 days -

Last30haul-1.jpg

I bought the macbook air in November.. (11.6" model, 128GB of storage)

Bought the boots this week.. pair of Russell Traveling Sportsmans.. hopefully will get a good 10 years out of them before they need to be resoled.

Kincect for 360 (no games for it aside from kinect adventures right now)
GT5 for PS3
and Inception and The Other Guys on blu-ray

this is what I got this Christmas morning...semi game related.
these are all from my wife...who put SO much thought into what I might want

not posted is a new north face denali jacket...which I needed as my older one is 7 years strong...
those are Uniqlo shirts...which I didn't know you can buy over the phone/online..but she made it happen...I know about the NY store...
JYo1Tl.jpg

Xmas stuff...already had the iPad but mom got me the $8 wood Crowncase from Amazon that I wanted and it has a great look and feel for around the house...will still use the Apple case out of captivity.

The rubber mats were a nice surprise and a must with all the damn winter salt everywhere.

And Nightmare USA, wow...incredible book if you're into drive-in/exploitation movies from the 60s-80s.

5ebbe6be.png

338e9a40.png

HighAmperage said:
Xmas stuff...already had the iPad but mom got me the $8 wood Crowncase from Amazon that I wanted and it has a great look and feel for around the house...will still use the Apple case out of captivity.

The rubber mats were a nice surprise and a must with all the damn winter salt everywhere.

And Nightmare USA, wow...incredible book if you're into drive-in/exploitation movies from the 60s-80s.

5ebbe6be.png

338e9a40.png

Is that EGM on the iPad? When did that happen? And who do I give my money to?

Vinterbird said:
Is that EGM on the iPad? When did that happen? And who do I give my money to?

Actually it's the old Electronic Games magazine from the early 80s. There are CBZs of a few issues floating around out there.

Top Bottom