• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

USF

gt5n.jpg

Yes Boss!

Nostalgia overload! Picked up The Seventh Guest for iPhone. Runs great and just as cool as ever. Last time I played this was the early nineties when it was released for the CD-i.

Only $3!

094bad78.jpg

Yes Boss!

Gouken said:
Holy....7th Guest on the iPhone? Since when? I'm getting it now!!! Major nostalgia!
I guess it came out last week. Half a gig. You might go for the iPad version since you have one of those. Plays so quick now!

11th Hour is coming next year too!

Yes Boss! said:
Nostalgia overload! Picked up The Seventh Guest for iPhone. Runs great and just as cool as ever. Last time I played this was the early nineties when it was released for the CD-i.

Only $3!

094bad78.jpg

Check your mail and answer your calls!

Yes Boss!

DoctorWho said:
Check your mail and answer your calls!
I would if I could but the phone has been deactivated for eight months!I just use it has an iPod, gaming system, and wifi device (my only computer). Ha, my hotmail account has 18,000 emails in its inbox!

I never played 7th guest. I was introduced to the soundtrack some time ago and liked what I heard. I'll have to check out the game on the app store.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
I never played 7th guest. I was introduced to the soundtrack some time ago and liked what I heard. I'll have to check out the game on the app store.
Definitely worth a shot, especially for $3...as long as you are OK with FMV-style games like Burn: Cycle, Night Trap, Voyeur. This one is more of a point-and-click style puzzler in a super high-tech wrapper (for 1993). As a significant piece of gaming history it is great that Trilobyte rereleased it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Yes Boss! said:
Fuck that green cake puzzle forever, I could never figure out what it wanted me to do as a kid.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Christmas from my boyfriend, and courtesy of the amazing deals going on with the systems lately. + Games & another set of accessories for the Wii. Don't have them yet though; waiting on Amazon!

.la1n

Koralsky said:
Nope, I live in Bulgaria :)

HA funny, I was shopping at best buy the other day and those exact same blu-rays were on sale when I was on my way out.

(they like to line up a bunch of on sale merchandise you must dodge to get to the register in order to increase impulse buys)

isny

napkin dispenser
Fan Collectives for under $10 from Inet, ordered Talk to Me for like $1.29 for free shipping =D

29m6jdh.jpg

Some holiday reading =D (To get me back into the Doctor Who mindset before the Christmas special!)

2ywdb20.jpg

I just cleaned it and did some touch up work on the paint , tomorrow I put the monitor back in and fire it up for the first time :D

Akim

Banned
sorry for the crappy camera

1. Annual Dean's List letter
2. SNES games (someone at goodwill had good taste)

F6z7S.gif

AnkitT

Yes Boss! said:
Couple of new indian blu-rays...one tamil and one telugu.

c04e9b9e.jpg
Oh man, the movies from the south have so much better transfers than the bollywood ones. Recently bought the Swades blu-ray and it was so crappy.

CrankyJay

Banned
Yes Boss! said:

Only $3!

094bad78.jpg

OMG...I can't believe 7th Guest is on the iPhone. I played the fuck out of this game as a kid. Creepy as fuck too. I may have to get it.

Yes Boss!

AnkitT said:
Oh man, the movies from the south have so much better transfers than the bollywood ones. Recently bought the Swades blu-ray and it was so crappy.

Totally a crapshoot with the hindi titles. YRF, Big and some of the T-Series are really great but then there are the crappy Eros, Moserbear, and UTV stuff.

Anygaran is like Criterion for me...mostly perfect transfers (considering the source material), and I buy them all. Even small Bhavani put out a geat telugu disc in Don Seenu.

I can't explain it either! Hindi industry has so much more money but they still put out a lot of dreadful quality stuff, transfer-wise. :-(

Gameboy415

At long last, here are my pickups for the last 4 months! :D

Long story short, I ended up moving into my late-Grandmother's house, finally got my (HUGE) pension refund from Japan, and got a job. Basically everything's coming up Milhouse! :lol

In addition to the stuff below, I bought a ton of stuff for the house like a new washer & dryer, vacuum cleaner, etc. but I figured that'd be a bit boring in picture-form, haha.
Oh and a Samsung Epic smart-phone, which I absolutely LOVE.

First off, the games. Most of these were gotten DIRT cheap on clearance, at Goodwill/Flea Markets, or via sales:

1012Sony2.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition - my first CoD game. Good stuff!
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II LE
Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition - a bit disappointing
Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Enslaved
Final Fantasy XIII
Front Mission Evolved
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
NBA Jam
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit LE
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Rock of the Dead
Super Street Figher IV
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
White Knight Chronicles
Wolfenstein

1012Sony1.jpg

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Zombie Ninja Pro-Am
Futurama
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures 1
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Stitch: Experiment 626
Taito Legends 2
Trapt
After Burner: Black Falcon
Lumines II

1012Nintendo1.jpg

Calling
Data East Arcade Classics
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey
Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers
FlingSmash
Ivy the Kiwi?
Ju-On: The Grudge
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The Munchables
Saint
Sonic Colors
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
Super Mario All-Stars
Tournament of Legends

1012Lastgen.jpg

Conker: Live & Reloaded
Amazing Island
NBA Courtside 2002
NBA Street V3

1012Nintendo3.jpg

Midnight Blue DSiXL
Space Bust-A-Move
QuickSpot
Color Cross
Mega Man Zero Collection
Sonic Colors

100 Classic Books - finally tracked down a copy! Pretty sure it's OOP.
Art Academy - Also apparently OOP.

1012Nintendo2.jpg

Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
Adventure Island
Bionic Commando
Blaster Master
A Boy and His Blob
BurgerTime
City Connection
Defenders of the Crown
Dragon Warrior II
Eggsplode/Short Order
Faxanadu
Fester's Quest
Gumshoe
Jurassic Park
Joust
Kickle Cubicle
Little Mermaid
LOLO
Mickey's Mouscapade
Monster in My Pocket
Pin-Bot
Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
Sesame Street Countdown
Schezzerade
Snake's Revenge (AKA: Metal Gear 2)
Snoopy's Olympics
Super Pitfall
Star Wars
Tiny Toon Adventures 2
Tiny Toon Adventures Cartoon Workshop
Trog
Werewolf
Operation Wolf (CIB!)

1012SEGA1.jpg

A Dinosaur's Tale
Bubsy
Chiki Chiki Boys
Fantastic Dizzy
GODS
Jewel Master
Pac-Man 2
Puggsy
Sword of Vermillion
Wild Woody

1012StarFox.jpg

StarFox Super Weekend Competition Cart - Miraculously found this at Half-Price Books and was able to use a 50% off coupon on it! :D

On top of all that great stuff, I finally built my dream game room:

1012TV.jpg

Sony KD-34XBR960 HDTV - Arguably the greatest CRT ever produced. All the classic consoles look stunning on it and it does 720p/1080i for the modern stuff too.
I have every system hooked up via the best cables available (mostly component and/or S-Video for the older consoles) and they all look and sound great.
Seriously amazing colors and black levels and the speakers kick ass!
Got it on eBay with the original stand and remote for a great price. :D

1012Sofa.jpg

Sofa (with pull-out bed) - A custom-designed Walter E. Smithe sofa that is comfy as hell. Got it at Salvation Army.
Storage Ottoman - Got it @ Goodwill for half-price. Still had the Target tags on it but one leg was loose. Brought it home and screwed the leg back into place with ease. :D

1012Gameroom1.jpg

1012Gameroom2.jpg

Gaming/Media Racks - Finally found some awesome shelves to hold my entire game collection (...well, everything besides my Game Boy, GBC, GBA, DS, and misc other handheld games anyway! :lol ).
Left wall is for modern games and Sony stuff, right wall is for classic Nintendo and SEGA stuff.

robot said:
Where'd you get them there stools?

These are super rare Limited Edition Capcom Arcade Eggs designed especially for Capcom's exclusive 25 year Arcade anniversary event !

Not ! , just some cheap stools and 2 Capcom stickers from the Fleabay

Top Bottom