• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

WEGGLES

See, I'd be afraid of shipping something so fragile like that period and receiving it shattered.
That some sort of pun?

If not, you don't need to worry about vinyl shattering. I've ordered tons of records online and have received some pretty beat up specimens but never has the disc been cracked/shattered.
It's coming from New Zealand and a very limited production run what do you expect? It's totally worth it.

They packed them properly.

$35 for a starting price just seems rather steep.

I've bought single LPs with even smaller production runs than 1000 for under $20.

Really dig the soundtrack but the price is too much :[. I'd totally love to own it too. Really cool stuff.

Sagitario

1324463709-2011-12-21%20IMG_2193.jpg

Plustek OpticFilm 7400 negative and slide film scanner with the awesome scanning software Silverfast.

Does quite a good job with photos shot with a 50 year-old camera, on budget Fujifilm and developed in a cheap lab. Love the look of film, and I'm not looking at the display after I've taken a photo which makes photography somehow more pleasant for me. I also love the anticipation of handing in and waiting for film to be developed. Gonna try doing some B&W soon and maybe even try to develop some of my own, it looks quite easy.

Still love digital as much as film, it's perfect for people shots and experimentation.

More film shots.

(EDIT) Oh yeah, and I bought a truck load of Steam games.

Congratulations mr_toa!

Those are some awesome pictures.

Lombaszko

i'd be interested in impressions after you open it. been debating on getting it for a while.
Sure, I gave it a quick flip through at lunch yesterday. It's basically a manual for being Batman. It's filled with fake newspaper clippings and files along with notes by "Bruce". The writing is very good and the author has done his research. It seems to mention most of the Batman villains and allies going all the way up to Batman Inc.
It actually reminds me a lot of the game Arkham Asylum in the way you're learning about various characters through dossiers and audio tape accounts. The paper quality and binding is very good also. It's a great Batman encyclopedia that reads more like his journal than a text book.

Ashler

I know what you mean... I just got through a 110 hour play-through of Dark Souls and still have to play Skyrim and Skyword Sword. :)

Envious... just what i'll get in two months. I could'nt bring myself to import since I've so many unfinished games left but...sigh!

I haven't had the change to play it myself, but from the youtube videos, yes. :)

I sooo much want this game. Does it have english menus etc ?

Monas

Eventhough December is obviously a VITA month, here are my pick-ups

4UkoUl.jpg

And i'm still waiting for the Alice RTM artbook.
(Sorry for the crap image)

Congrats mr_toa! Is mrs_toa a GAFfer too?

Majine

Banned
Eventhough December is obviously a VITA month, here are my pick-ups

4UkoUl.jpg

And i'm still waiting for the Alice RTM artbook.
(Sorry for the crap image)

Congrats mr_toa! Is mrs_toa a GAFfer too?

Wait, what? They finally scrapped those godawful platinum cases in favor of a simple yellow sticker? Hallelujah!

Theonik

Wait, what? They finally scrapped those godawful platinum cases in favor of a simple yellow sticker? Hallelujah!
Sony has always had stickers for older runs of games when they go platinum. Platinum price, original packaging. All copies printed after that have the platinum case.
Edit: So many Vitas in here have made me really jealous... Why can't it be February...

Yes Boss!

Pick up of the month: RED Scarlet. Bought, but not yet delivered. More pics when it arrives.

A5xNQ.jpg

Definitely give us pics when it arrives! I follow scarletuser.com but it would be nice to see it here.

Will be getting one later next year. My last major camera was a Panny HVX200 about five years ago so I'm excited to finally switch to Red.

Yes Boss!

Prices go up 2000 dollars for the body you know that right?

Yeah, but I'm not in the market till late 2012 since I'm currently deployed. And I don't want to get back into the business till 2014 anyways. It has been so many years and so many changes I'm just happy to see it finally come to out.

Desmond

Sony has always had stickers for older runs of games when they go platinum. Platinum price, original packaging. All copies printed after that have the platinum case.
Edit: So many Vitas in here have made me really jealous... Why can't it be February...

That was the first time I've ever seen it before.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just $5 each at Best Buy! They're killing it this year!

6558599629_3bb2820707_z.jpg

Netto-kun

Books from last month and October (forgot to post them), got Epic Mickey and the DS games for cheap, while FFXIII-2 + guide book arrived yesterday.

SSL22409.jpg

SSL22410.jpg

SSL22411.jpg

SSL22412.jpg

SSL22413.jpg

Pick up of the month: RED Scarlet. Bought, but not yet delivered. More pics when it arrives.

A5xNQ.jpg

Pride shirt

Gpu4K.jpg

NiGHTS art by Ashley Davis with the courageous Red Ideya

wHzPi.jpg

Canon 24-105 1.4L coffee mug

vmZqx.jpg

dude i bought 70-200 IS II L for my epic-m :) Canon L series FTW! i use Cooke Panchro and RPP on epic now but i love L series more..
lightweight in the end..

LiK

Bastion Bundle
Bastionpack.jpg

GWLTT - finally got it
GirlTimeBlu.jpg

CEs
SWTORCE.jpg

SkyrimCE.jpg

Amazon Black Friday games
2011-12-10_18-06-23_370.jpg

Best Buy sale