• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! Show us your gaming goods!

AwRy108

This little thing came today:

476982281.jpg

477088800.jpg

Sweet styling, but please, please, PLEASE say you didn't pay the actual asking price for that on PlayAsia... ($669 USD)

Cdammen

1324463709-2011-12-21%20IMG_2193.jpg

Plustek OpticFilm 7400 negative and slide film scanner with the awesome scanning software Silverfast.

Does quite a good job with photos shot with a 50 year-old camera, on budget Fujifilm and developed in a cheap lab. Love the look of film, and I'm not looking at the display after I've taken a photo which makes photography somehow more pleasant for me. I also love the anticipation of handing in and waiting for film to be developed. Gonna try doing some B&W soon and maybe even try to develop some of my own, it looks quite easy.

Still love digital as much as film, it's perfect for people shots and experimentation.

More film shots.

(EDIT) Oh yeah, and I bought a truck load of Steam games.

Congratulations mr_toa!

Melchiah

F5r24.jpg

The 1st one is a behind the scenes book about the making of The Evil Dead, and the 2nd is a comic adaptation of my all-time favorite movie.

Just got these Yule presents from my girlfriend. We tend to give presents to each other before the 24th day when we're by ourselves, as that date is always more for the parents than for us children, who have grown adults.

CrankyJay

Banned
From my recent trip

Im building the chillout area for the apartment. So far, Eames Chair, CEntrance Dacmini, Audiotechnica ART A-900 phones running JRiver on my HP Notebook
38306551.jpg

Closer look - ignore the update on my laptop i had just shut everything down.

74977708.jpg

and my new friends chilling out.

74658652.jpg

e3if.jpg

Don't see a bong or bowl or a bottle of Jergens...and you call this a chill out area? =)

BFIB

How is this working for ya? I've been debating between different price points (Sony Stereo Headset, X41, PX5). Should I ante up for the PX5's or is the X41 substantial?

I'm pleased w/ what the X41 offers. Just keep in mind to not keep the cradle near anything that emits a wifi signal, as you can hear crackling, etc. with the headphones. Moved the cradle up to the top of my desk, and everything is crystal clear now. Have even used them a few times to watch late night TV when the fiance is off to bed.

I'd invest in a decent set of rechargeable batteries though. You'll get around 25 hrs per charge, so if you use regular batteries, you'll use them up quickly.

http://i.imgur.com/F5r24.jpg[IMG]

The 1st one is a behind the scenes book about the making of The Evil Dead, and the 2nd is a comic adaptation of my all-time favorite movie.[/QUOTE]
Nice! I didn't even know there was a "behind the scenes" sort of book for the film. I might need to look into picking that up some time.

How is the comic?

Melchiah

Nice! I didn't even know there was a "behind the scenes" sort of book for the film. I might need to look into picking that up some time.

How is the comic?

I've seen good reviews about the book, but haven't read it myself yet. There seems to be quite a lot of pics of Sam Raimi's early films. I just hope the book stays in the subject, and doesn't wander into other territories too much.
EDIT: The book is about the Evil Dead trilogy, not the 1st film alone, but hopefully it concentrates more on the 1st than the last two. ;)

The comic was good and very beautifully drawn, but as a Evil Dead purist I was somewhat bothered by the changed dialogue, and the extra scenes the writer had added weren't that great. I'd recommend it to fans of the 1st movie though.

zmet

A very used (the cart is in good shape though) Disney's Aladdin for the Super Famicom
dc12.jpg

Futurama Vol. 6 and Dirty Pair OVA Series
dc13.jpg

This release of the Dirty Pair OVAs looks a lot better than the A.D. Vision version since it's spread over 3 DVDs.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You are giving me buyer's remorse for the FFXIII Lightning edition one I bought.

Really? I'm much happier with my version one. Very simple and stylistic, not to mention the pink on white looks much better than that magenta on black. Also the 13-2 logo is kinda obtrusive.

krae_man

Fuck. So tempting. $35, though, for a 12"? :[

Plus $15 shipping?

Ugh. Can't do it. :'( $35 if it included shipping, maybe... let alone exceptionally steep shipping... :'{

Maybe if I win the lottery.

It's coming from New Zealand and a very limited production run what do you expect? It's totally worth it.

See, I'd be afraid of shipping something so fragile like that period and receiving it shattered.

They packed them properly.

Got a package in the mail today :)
It's a 'mystery gaming box' I bought from some dude on the Racketboy Forums.
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Pretty psyched to have a US PS1 (I'm in Australia), wanted one for a while.

Top Bottom