• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

I've only been a member for two days, but this type of thread is exactly what lured me to NeoGAF :lol

NeoGAF + 1
A Master Ninja + 1
Jeff Bell + 1

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shig said:
Am I, uh, missing a smiley or something? It didn't sound like he was trying to be funny, it sounded like he was being a condescending dick.

Yet everyone is saying he's the man now (dawg)? Take one part soulless, out-of-touch corporate salesman and add one part holier-than-though jerk and the result is Official NeoGAF Awesome Dude? Zwuh?

Minor celebrity worship issues much, guys?

Why thank you, mister party pooper

Maverick

I was thinking this thread is going to get me fired.

Then I remembered that Jeff Bell had to be posting that from work.

The internet. :lol

LOLz at Bell getting his feelings hurt on the intArwebs.

He needs to come to the OT and join some political discussions. He'd toughen up quickly!

Shig said:
Am I, uh, missing a smiley or something? It didn't sound like he was trying to be funny, it sounded like he was being a condescending dick.

Yet everyone is saying he's the man now (dawg)? Take one part soulless, out-of-touch corporate salesman and add one part holier-than-though jerk and the result is Official NeoGAF Awesome Dude? Zwuh?

It makes people here feel special that Jeff Bell would even bother with NeoGAF. I understand that feeling, but yeah... that message in itself was kind of shit.

Gaf's been fairly meh for months now. The VGCats topics have been uneventful and the Photoshops non-existent. Petty arguments over Wii graphics and PS3 sales.

Redemption ++

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Man, I just watched his interview on Youtube, he sounds so insincere. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he doesn't even play games.

USC-fan

Banned
159fs863160.gif

*runs*

AltogetherAndrews said:
It makes people here feel special that Jeff Bell would even bother with NeoGAF. I understand that feeling, but yeah... that message in itself was kind of shit.
That's the whole point. He said "and what do you contribute exactly to society?" there was no reason for him to say that yet he in essence trolled himself and exposed himself to everyone.

Hence why it's so damn funny.:lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Geezer said:
Man, I just watched his interview on Youtube, he sounds so insincere. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he doesn't even play games.

not even...golden axe? ::tear::

I hear what you're saying, and you're right, he is a soulless holier-than-thou jerk, but this is neogaf, dude.

Victrix

*beard*
AltogetherAndrews said:

I don't think anyone is being serious (I hope?)

It's hilarious because he's a (relatively?) major exec and he's wasting his time responding to an utter non-event?

It's either hilarious vanity on his part, proof that GAF reaches deep into the industry, or some combination of the two. And he's either a jackass, or completely hilarious.

Either way it's still :lol :lol :lol

Geezer said:

I honestly can't imagine someone who likes Roxy Music THAT MUCH being insincere about anything.

WE'RE TALKING ROXY ****ING MUSIC.

Luckyman

Banned
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32007/articles/trixieinterviewsjeffbell.htm

TriXie: I'm really excited about Scene It?® Lights, Camera, Action. I was surprised that people didn't ooh and aww more over that one.

TriXie: I'm really excited about Scene It?® Lights, Camera, Action. I was surprised that people didn't ooh and aww more over that one.

Jeff: Well the E3 audience is more hardcore, so the Call of Duty 4 demo and Assassin's Creed™ were more their speed, but when people back home get their hands on Scene It?, they're going to love it.

TriXie: And they can only get it on Xbox 360™.

Oh god..

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Dear Doug,

Years ago as the newsgroups where dying out, you suggest I come to GAF to post... I didn't really understand why back then, but I came over.

Thank you for that.... because threads like this have just made it so worth it. ;)

BenjaminBirdie said:
I honestly can't imagine someone who likes Roxy Music THAT MUCH being insincere about anything.

WE'RE TALKING ROXY ****ING MUSIC.

he probably heard his cousin talking about it and decided it was a cool hip thing to say. Jeff Bell has probably never enjoyed music or video games or any other form of entertainment not involving a mirror in his entire life.

BigJonsson said:
Mod confirmation means what exactly?
Do you know how the mod was able to confirm it? No
They haven't said whether its an MS email or Ip or anything
using your logic, saying how they confirmed it means what exactly?

there's be no confirmation good enough for you short of jeff bell on a youtube video with major nelson saying it was him all along, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

ElectricBlue187 said:
he probably heard his cousin talking about it and decided it was a cool hip thing to say. Jeff Bell has probably never enjoyed music or video games or any other form of entertainment not involving a mirror in his entire life.

He's the Michael Scott of the game industry?

drohne said:
maybe the most interesting thing about this thread is that jeff bell thinks he contributes to society by being an corporate vice president of marketing. if he'd said 'i make big money and drive a porsche and do blow off the toned stomachs of expensive prostitutes while you sit in your basement and photoshop my five-hundred-watt smile,' well...then he'd have a point. maybe he thinks he's advanced race relations in america by calling reggie bush 'brother.'

Egomaniac confirmed!

bud

DarienA said:
Dear Doug,

Years ago as the newsgroups where dying out, you suggest I come to GAF to post... I didn't really understand why back then, but I came over.

Thank you for that.... because threads like this have just made it so worth it. ;)

no problem dude.

ElectricBlue187 said:

:lol

"Spell that for me? "R-O-C-K-S -- Oh, R-O-X! Okay, thanks cuz!!"

:lol :lol :lol

Y2Kev said:
winner, but Bell trolls him too and For Whom the Bell Trolls sounds better :D
QFT That guy is a f-ing douche for sending that. :lol

Jeff Bell your contribution to society is................ what?

PM me.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
ElectricBlue187 said:

He just looked so stiff in that interview, dudes like Moore and Harrison can at least relax!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

"Spell that for me? "R-O-C-K-S -- Oh, R-O-X! Okay, thanks cuz!!"

Picturing him saying this with that trademark toothpaste smile of his... oh boy :lol :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Geezer said:

Why not send him a friend request and find out.

Did he reply yet?
If not why don't you reply to his PM and link this thread to it......

He just might check his pms to see if you replied.....
Things could get interesting......:)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
OnWarmerMusic said:
I wouldn't worry about that; based on this thread, he seems near-redeemed already.
Seems like people love em now so yeah you're right. I hope he becomes a regular.

Odrion

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I've only been a member for two days, but this type of thread is exactly what lured me to NeoGAF :lol

NeoGAF + 1
A Master Ninja + 1
Jeff Bell + 1

You're a member already?! :lol

Top Bottom