• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Since November 2006 <3...

How was everyone's first month? I was out of town (again) while the clocks pointed to the new month... But what's new?

2vttkxe.png

Special thanks to HUELEN10 for the new banner!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Crappy phone pic but just recently picked these up:

DSC00132.jpg

Assassin's Creed 2 - I like this game so much. I thought I wouldn't like it but I was wrong.
Silent Hill Shattered Memories - Have to try it out more, it's freaky because of too much running.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I have a feeling this will go down as my favorite and most important pick-up of 2010. Not only do I enjoy how easy and impulsive buying books through the device is, but it has re-ignited my love for reading. I was worried that I would regret ordering it just days before the iPad announcement, but now I'm only more confident with my decision.

4311723601_a74cc73835_o.jpg

4320762826_2f79948879_o.jpg

Yazuka

Here are ll my pickups from January.
Finally got a HDTV, wow. Never thought it would look so much better with one compared to an SDTV. Its a 32 inch model.
Darksiders, Sonic Unleashed and Transformers ROTF (It'll be leaving my possession soon enough..)

january2010.jpg

Mutagenic said:
I have a feeling this will go down as my favorite and most important pick-up of 2010. Not only do I enjoy how easy and impulsive buying books through the device is, but it has re-ignited my love for reading. I was worried that I would regret ordering it just days before the iPad announcement, but now I'm only more confident with my decision.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4311723601_a74cc73835_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4320762826_2f79948879_o.jpg
I got one last month and pretty much share your same sentiments. I already blazed through one long book already.

My first pick up of Feb.

(Dantes on PS3 soon to follow)

Evil Sticks (and my dog modeling them)

4971dea8.jpg

Here is some pics with the glove on the controller.

0e825a64.jpg

5651de4e.jpg

urge26

Eaten By A Grue said:
I got one last month and pretty much share your same sentiments. I already blazed through one long book already.

I just got a DX as well (mainly for studying with my Cisco Press PDF's). I love it, don't regret the pick-up for a second in light of the iPad announcement.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn. &#9829;

feb.jpg

Picked those up end of January, along with Assassin's Creed 2. Really liking Tatsunoko and the Fallout 3 DLC (while buggy) is a blast.

Forsete

I've been without a "everyday watch" since my old Seiko got its glass smashed in. I have a nice watch with a leather bracelet but thats not something I can wear to work.

I found this nice little Seiko Automatic (actually I wanted a different model but they didn't have that one in stock, and the delivery time for that was a bit much).

Its a all mechanical watch from what I understand, it rewinds itself by wrist movement, however I wonder how long that lasts. If I put it on the table when I go to sleep will it have lost all energy? We'll see tonight/tomorrow. :p

I hope Onkel approves. :D

4323170314_09463469a1_b.jpg

The back-side is see through, so you can watch all the little parts move.
4322436917_c7454e4f72_b.jpg

Some reading material, yes I know.. Dan Brown :p In my defense I have only read The Da Vinci Code before. (The lost symbol and Zodiac arrived today, the others a few days ago, I have Hollywood Crows incoming soon)
4322438559_24db0c4c46_b.jpg

Gouken

Banned
please tell me I'm not screwed, i have a U.S 360, nut i bought a wireless N adapter(january purchase thread) from a local store that sells PAL games, not i was under the impression installation discs are region free, but when i inter the dist i get a "Mixed Media Disc" :( does that mean it's region locked? is there a way round it?

also is installing the DVD essential to setting up the N adapter?

:(

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Forsete said:
I've been without a "everyday watch" since my old Seiko got its glass smashed in. I have a nice watch with a leather bracelet but thats not something I can wear to work.

I found this nice little Seiko Automatic (actually I wanted a different model but they didn't have that one in stock, and the delivery time for that was a bit much).

Its a all mechanical watch from what I understand, it rewinds itself by wrist movement, however I wonder how long that lasts. If I put it on the table when I go to sleep will it have lost all energy? We'll see tonight/tomorrow. :p

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4323170314_09463469a1_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4322436917_c7454e4f72_b.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup!

The Power Reserve on the Seiko 7S26 Movements is around 30-40 hours, so once the watch is wound to full, it should run for about 30 hours without getting moved before it stops. putting it off overnight shouldn't do no harm.

here is a great writeup on the Movement, which is considered an all time classic among watch afficionados:
[url]http://www.thepurists.com/watch/features/8ohms/7s26/[/url]

WEGGLES

Forsete said:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4323170314_09463469a1_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4322436917_c7454e4f72_b.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
Sick watch. I got a watch that winds via wrist movement as well. I usually shake it for a minute or 2 every morning and I've never had issues with it.
What model was that watch? I'm in need of a new watch.

Cell_Biology said:
Awesome! I am really jealous, how much did you get it for?

I got it for $80 which is reasonable compared to the $100-150 it goes for online. I really want the strategy guide, but that's even tougher to find than the game. Of course this means I have to hold off a bit on some other games I'd like, but EB is definitely worth it.

Got the SNES off Craigslist for $50 with Zelda, SMW, Starfox, F-Zero, and Mega Man X (all in boxes w/manuals and maps except for SMW)

th3dude

Datwheezy said:
Where did you pick up that Eternal Sunshine Blu-ray?!?!?!

I'm just a Junior as well, but I think its 'proper' to not quote an entire wall of images and instead break the tags of irrelevant images and only show the one you are referring to, if any at all.

Slappy967

Neo Member
Earthbound is so worth it especially in comparison with some modern drivel like Army of two! I got mine off of a CAG for $65 about 6 months ago in great shape and have enjoyed every minute of it. Alas the guide and Mother 3 for GBA are the last pieces of my EB puzzle lol.

Forsete

OnkelC said:
Nice pickup!

The Power Reserve on the Seiko 7S26 Movements is around 30-40 hours, so once the watch is wound to full, it should run for about 30 hours without getting moved before it stops. putting it off overnight shouldn't do no harm.

here is a great writeup on the Movement, which is considered an all time classic among watch afficionados:
http://www.thepurists.com/watch/features/8ohms/7s26/

Ah, thanks. :) Ill check out that article.
Clocks are amazing, how they ever figured out how to design them.. well its over my head.

Sick watch. I got a watch that winds via wrist movement as well. I usually shake it for a minute or 2 every morning and I've never had issues with it.
What model was that watch? I'm in need of a new watch.

Thanks. The model name was SNK607K1.

Slappy967 said:
Earthbound is so worth it especially in comparison with some modern drivel like Army of two! I got mine off of a CAG for $65 about 6 months ago in great shape and have enjoyed every minute of it. Alas the guide and Mother 3 for GBA are the last pieces of my EB puzzle lol.

I got Mother 3 complete about 2 years ago at The Exchange in Pittsburgh. Printed out the whole translation from GFAQs and played through the whole game (luckily I used the college's printers!)

One of my favorites of all time. I need to buy the M3 guide from Starmen.net b/c it looks fantastic.

Lunchbox said:
why would you ruin the controller with those shit sticks?

youre supposed to replace the d-pad....not the sticks

Shit sticks? I won't even reply to you.

sn1pes said:
What don't you like about the default sticks?

They were chewed off the controller by the dog in the picture.

Saw those on the net and figured being I play PS3 and 360 why not get some sticks like the PS3's.

Also..... I own around 10 controllers..... so it's not like i have to stick to that one controller.

th3dude

MidnightRider said:
They were chewed off the controller by the dog in the picture.

Saw those on the net and figured being I play PS3 and 360 why not get some sticks like the PS3's.

Also..... I own around 10 controllers..... so it's not like i have to stick to that one controller.

Ah, makes sense. I wasn't criticizing you in any way, but was genuinely curious as to what your thoughts were. :lol @ the dog being in the picture now that I know the story!

Maximus.

Forsete said:

i have a seiko watch thats powered the same way. If you leave it for like 3 days without wearing or shaking it, it will stop ticking and you will have to manually correct it, but if you wear it all day or just for a few hours and take it off, it will be good to go the next day.

ibu

First of the month, though I am waiting on a few more goodies to arrive throughout the month.

2ikaydk.jpg

Rocksteady33

Forsete said:

Nice, I just got an "everyday watch" that's a Seiko as well. I think they are pretty damn nice and reasonably priced. Mine was $200 and was on sale for the day and I had gift cards so I picked mine up for only $75. Mine's pretty similar to your front, but it's a black face and a little less "casual" (not sure if that's the right term, but that's what I'm using). Definitely like it though!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Fuck I forgot that it's February and posted in the Jan thread.

Anyways my first pick-ups of the month:

Picked up the poster, scarf and frames today.

fkpb4p.jpg

ofwm50.jpg

eumvqc.jpg

2mgl4oz.jpg

Owzers

Just got my two Captain America Omnibus...ses. Omnibi, Supreme Power vol 1 and 2 and...more ( not all of them this month but just about everything to the right of Supreme power Xp )

Echoes

Mutagenic said:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4311723601_a74cc73835_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4320762826_2f79948879_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree and confirm the greatness of Amazon Kindle. Easily the best purchase I had done (March 2009) in a very long time, and I don't think any purchase will outdone it. It's the most used device in my house, and I grab it everywhere whether it's work or even for traveling; I took it with me while going to both Dubai and UK. Simply perfect. It's so damn funny when people think of the iPad as a "superior Kindle" when it just sucks as a reading device IMO (I will get it day one, probably, so no I'm not in the hate-wagon). E-ink or bust, baby. Anyway, congrats fellow bookworm!

I'm sick of GAF's usual hentai and moe figures. So sick. Glaze at the best figure you will ever see!

[IMG]http://qkpic.com/67fa8

8fdf5

2fbee

Some FF stuff;

2887b

839dd

4e8bc

f3a11

Some Poke-love &#9829; I'm back to TCG after 4 years of absence. I still have a soft spot for holo cards &#9829; Hate reverse holo, though. Got cool cards from the box (Rayquaza C, Rayquaza C LV.X, Garchomp C LV.X, the holo-rare Articuno and Moltres that outnumbers the expansion; 148/147 and 149/147! And maaaany more)

82deb

4136b

I'm building a killer Water/Psychic deck right now.

Top Bottom