• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Alright, big month for me.

Picked up an Alienware M17X Laptop, 2xGTX280m SLI, 1tb HDD, 4gb DDR3 Ram, Blu Ray ReWriter, 2.6ghz T9600.

2iayj2a.jpg

1qsbhe.jpg

v3f4zn.jpg

Finally got a PS3 after months of owning 10 or so games, finally saw a special that was worth it. It usually costs 500 USD in my country, got it at $400 USD.

o73osw.jpg

Mass Effect 2 finally arrived today after being delivered to the wrong address twice. Also found Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Far Cry 2 for $10 in a bargain bin. Realised HD-DVDs are only like $2 each which is actually cheaper than downloading them in my country.

317bcox.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
025.jpg

Cutting way back on my gaming budget for a little while so not too many games for January. I spent more on the shit load of steam games not pictured.

003.jpg

007.jpg

I haven't built a model since I was a kid and from out of nowhere my girlfriend surprises me with this for my birthday.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Conflict NZ said:

Picked up an Alienware M17X Laptop, 2xGTX280m SLI, 1tb HDD, 4gb DDR3 Ram, Blu Ray ReWriter, 2.6ghz T9600.

2iayj2a.jpg

v3f4zn.jpg

That design represents absolutely everything I hate about 'gaming' computers. Good lord. :lol

I'm sure it's a beast performance-wise though.

Forsete said:

Nice watch, and even nicer camera!

Ignis

2hezqrc.jpg

A bit pricey but I needed this to complete my set of the Hymnos albums.

Those two discs will probably prove to be the most controversial, though.

On the positive side, I consider the Hymns of Ar Tonelico III to be the best in the whole saga. Quality, my friends, quality right there.

Unfortunately, the proportion of filler songs has gone way up since the previous albums. And they're as sugar-coated as ever. So I'll probably skip them almost every time.

On a side note, I wonder what they were thinking when recording "EXEC_CUTYPUMP/."
It sounds like "Birthday Cake" from Jet Set Radio Future being thrown into a sound blender.
Un-bear-able.

Edit : Forgot to mention "EXEC_EP=NOVA/.", which can get a bit on my nerves too.

Oh, and "EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/." probably is the best hymn in the whole series.

AcridMeat

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
003.jpg

007.jpg

I haven't built a model since I was a kid and from out of nowhere my girlfriend surprises me with this for my birthday.

Not sure if it's just how I read it, but you don't sound too thrilled :lol. Regardless, post pics when you finish it please. I haven't built a model since I was a kid either, but they still interest me. :D

I got a cheap ass black shirt from Wal-Mart...

6yjw95.jpg

to go with my new Sox jersey!

v3i178.jpg

I don't really care about baseball... at all, but it matches my shoes and cost less than the Jordan jersey...

52e7n6.jpg

Mithel

Neo Member
darkcloud2.png

I remember playing this at a friend's house around the time of release and really liking it. Finally, about seven years later, I have my own copy.

Risible

sillymonkey321 said:

Just got my two Captain America Omnibus...ses. Omnibi, Supreme Power vol 1 and 2 and...more ( not all of them this month but just about everything to the right of Supreme power Xp )

You have some excellent taste in comics. And by that I mean, of course, that it matches mine :).

Those two Cap trades rock. Plus gotta love Invincible, Iron Fist, Runaways.....

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Conflict NZ said:

The design of that laptop looks like it was inspired by Tron and the original Xbox.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AcridMeat said:
Not sure if it's just how I read it, but you don't sound too thrilled :lol. Regardless, post pics when you finish it please. I haven't built a model since I was a kid either, but they still interest me. :D
:lol No I'm actually really excited. I just don't really know where to begin. The model instructions suggest using Gunze Sangyo paint (makes sense Japanese model company suggest Japanese paint) but the paint though a popular brand seems to be really hard to find. After a little research I find as of 01/01/10 US stores won't be stocking that brand because Gunze Sangyo is no longer providing an MSDS with their product. GAH!

If anybody who builds plastic models reads this advice would be greatly suggested.

renzengeki

Neo Member
ibu said:
First of the month, though I am waiting on a few more goodies to arrive throughout the month.

2ikaydk.jpg

wow this is a different cover. i got the one where there's a raven soldier on the front.

witness

My most important pick up ever, thanks to my dad being a season ticket holder and being a winner in the ticket lottery he sold them to me. Second game my girlfriend is ever going to is the freakin Super Bowl!:lol Its her first season being a Saints fan, well just being a football fan too, and look at what our team does!

SuperBowlTickets002edited.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
:lol No I'm actually really excited. I just don't really know where to begin. The model instructions suggest using Gunze Sangyo paint (makes sense Japanese model company suggest Japanese paint) but the paint though a popular brand seems to be really hard to find. After a little research I find as of 01/01/10 US stores won't be stocking that brand because Gunze Sangyo is no longer providing an MSDS with their product. GAH!

If anybody who builds plastic models reads this advice would be greatly suggested.

Oh okay, my mistake :lol. Unfortunately I was never good at painting them, so I couldn't give much help there. I think the only times I did paint them was when the paint came in the packaging :/. Good luck though!

Witness, you are a very lucky man! Enjoy the game, go Saints!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Mutagenic said:
I have a feeling this will go down as my favorite and most important pick-up of 2010. Not only do I enjoy how easy and impulsive buying books through the device is, but it has re-ignited my love for reading. I was worried that I would regret ordering it just days before the iPad announcement, but now I'm only more confident with my decision.

4311723601_a74cc73835_o.jpg

I'm seriously considering picking up an e-reader(leaning heavily towards the Kindle) and I was wondering how hard is it to read in low light, is there any sort of backlighting? Anyone here suggest the nook over the kindle? Should I even consider the iPad?

th3dude

witness said:
My most important pick up ever, thanks to my dad being a season ticket holder and being a winner in the ticket lottery he sold them to me. Second game my girlfriend is ever going to is the freakin Super Bowl!:lol Its her first season being a Saints fan, well just being a football fan too, and look at what our team does!

Wow. So jealous. Not a primary fan of either team (Steelers :D) but I'm really pulling for the Saints. Enjoy the game and enjoy winning the thread this month!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
esc said:
Jive Turkey, that is one dirty keyboard.
It isn't nearly as dirty as it looks. It's an old shop keyboard I was using in my studio. What looks like dirt are actually chemical stains in the plastic.

But yeah I really need an new one.

Carnby

DSC04457.jpg

i ordered this from an American seller, and i was shipped a Canadian version. im going to keep it as ive been told they are harder to find than the U.S. version.

seady

witness said:

Super Bowl tickets are priced at $800?!

witness said:

For $800 I sure hope a BJ comes with that seat. (I'm really just upset about my Pats, grumble...grumble...Brady having a kid and marrying a supermodel...grumble...grumble...)

jaekwon15 said:
DSC04457.jpg

i ordered this from an American seller, and i was shipped a Canadian version. im going to keep it as ive been told they are harder to find than the U.S. version.

What kills me about seeing these copies is about 6 years ago when I was stationed in Okinawa the PA store on base had these on a shelf for free and you could take as many as you wanted. They had 100 copies and I was too stupid to grab them as I wasn't that into games at the time. Think about that... 100 copies for at least $25 bucks each on ebay... oh well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
witness said:

[IM]Super Bowl tickets[/IMG]

Thanks for the barcode!

PEZIX

Banned
Jago[url=http://i46.tinypic.com/2qlep1w.jpg said:
I love irish car bombs but i cant get over the fact that guinn tastes like soy sauce to me(thats sad since im irish lol), but i do admire the glasses, shits fire bro nice pick ups

New pick-ups!

Tatsunoko v. Capcom
IMG_1595.jpg

Track jacket from Ben Sherman (hard to see, but it's light blue on brown)
IMG_1616.jpg

Adidas Star Wars (Skywalkers)
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

*These are still in they're packaging, but I can take pics without.

WEGGLES

Auron_Kale said:
Adidas Star Wars (Skywalkers)
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

*These are still in they're packaging, but I can take pics without.
Considering they're starwars shoes and all... those are quite schnazzy :)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Big Ass Ramp said:
I'm seriously considering picking up an e-reader(leaning heavily towards the Kindle) and I was wondering how hard is it to read in low light, is there any sort of backlighting? Anyone here suggest the nook over the kindle? Should I even consider the iPad?
There isn't a backlight, as that would defeat the purpose of the e-ink display. It reads about as well in low-light conditions as paper does. From what I've heard, the Nook uses the exact same screen while providing the additional LCD touchscreen + Android. Unfortunately, it sounds like they have some kinks to work out before it becomes a smooth experience. I'm sure the iPad will be fine for casual reading, but I wouldn't spend a full day reading off the screen.

Also, I'm really happy with Amazon's digital book prices.

Top Bottom