• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Dave_6

This just came in:
DSC03201_zps5fbd5a43.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
These came today:
15 red DS cases from Nintendo. I plan to make these hold my Virtual Boy games.
Yoshi's Cookie for SNES. Loved this as a kid, esp the puzzle mode.
Resident Evil for Sega Saturn
Ecco the Dolphin for Sega CD
Sonic & Knuckles
Night Trap for Sega CD
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner for Sega Saturn
Super Nintendo S-Video cable

pay a lot for the saturn RE?

Nugg

Hey everyone, this is my first post in one of those threads, and I'm starting big. This month, I bought myself this nice piece of land in the south of France, and a little over a year from now, my house is going to stand there. I'm so excited (and, well, broke)!

sBtVyy3.jpg

Grief.exe

Picked myself up a used Gamecube off of Amazon, works like a charm :) Previous owner even threw in a memory card with it.

dsc01340ye.jpg

Picked up five of my favorite games from the GC era that I missed the most.

dsc01339kw.jpg

I seriously loved the tie-in Lord of the Rings hack n' slashers. Still a good time even after ten years. Now I begin the task of rebuilding my Gamecube library from the ground up.

I'm playing through Metroid: Prime on Dolphin right now.

First time I've ever played it and its amazing! 25% through on the save game screen.

nny

DSC08306_zps5bfa1cdc.jpg

Sigur Rós concert spoils: a Tour t-shirt and I got from the stage what I think is the lyrics to one of the new songs;

DSC08291_zps4d2b1168.jpg

Machinarium's Robot Josef. Here he can barely contain his excitement for finding a walkthrough that'll solve all his problems;

DSC08313_zpsd6ad950f.jpg

I picked a LEGO minifig from the new series and also a Rurouni Kenshin mini-figure - I got a lovely battousai! Here he is with his non-SD version:

DSC08321_zpsa7db6b69.jpg

DSC08309_zpsa64fe12b.jpg

I went to a comics store and finally found for a reasonable price one of my most sought-after mangas - Tezuka's Phoenix #10. Barbara is also becoming pricier, so I was also glad to find it! Below is an Idle Thumbs postcard;

DSC08307_zpsd4125cc8.jpg

More comic books and some mags;

DSC08283_zps0ce4d760.jpg

Games! Klonoa for the "Let's play" thread;

DSC08316_zpsfb4710f0.jpg

After playing PlayStation's Klonoa I was curious to try the Wii remake;

DSC08310_zpsa8e8015a.jpg

...and my gaming highlight - Ni no Kuni. The book is lovely!

Drippy and Josef quickly became friends:

DSC08323_zpsb73522ac.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
February has been a big month so far.

I picked up this a week before release:
iHsqlO2l.jpg

Valentine's Day gift because my GF is awesome, she even admitted she forgot the apostrophe but that's okay, I still <3 her (and she got me Mario, so cool).
7KUdccOl.jpg

Went overboard with this one ... but I've never watched The Godfather films before nor Skyfall.
q0PP0arl.jpg

Just because:
W2vBYT8l.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
These came today!
Chuck Rock CIB.
Shadow Man 2 for PS2.
Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, and the N64 transfer pack
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Donkey Kong Country

I'm jealous of your copy of Turtles in Time. I still feel ripped off from that stupid Xbox Live Arcade version.

I really wish I had a way to play it again!

mikeBlack

Neo Member
Hey everyone, this is my first post in one of those threads, and I'm starting big. This month, I bought myself this nice piece of land in the south of France, and a little over a year from now, my house is going to stand there. I'm so excited (and, well, broke)!

sBtVyy3.jpg

Looks like a great spot. Epic pickup!

You want to try the Cajun squirrel ones if you get them in the states. That was one of the flavors selected when walkers did that promo over here.

Some friends brought bags of each of those a while back. The cajun squirrel was surprisingly decent. Builders Breakfast was horrible, though. Can't believe that won. Tasted like eggs and farts.

I couldn't resist:
photo%25203.JPG

Dat southern drank:
photo%25202.JPG

Some good movies:
photo%25201.JPG

Best pickup thus far. Setpson (oldest son enlisted yesterday) Departs May 6th:
photo%25202.JPG

sBtVyy3.jpg

In my 7 years on GAF, this is one of my favorite pickups.
Congrats!!!
Screw the house, start a vineyard ; P

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For dinner tonight... My daughter picked this...

376eea0278bb11e2a52022000a1f9e5e_7.jpg

Some random pickups from this month so far...

451834fc772011e2bf3622000a9f1886_7.jpg

65775aa2772011e2a5d622000a1e94d6_7.jpg

7b6ff4a4772011e2808622000a1f9aaf_7.jpg

cc0ba5be714611e29a3e22000a1f90ce_7.jpg

f2f87a72768b11e2942122000aaa0535_7.jpg

Got these for my daughter on Valentine's Day. Some AJ Vs...

f5be5bae764111e2b41b22000a1f9a15_7.jpg

64e71b5874c911e2896422000a1fb003_7.jpg

36b0398a749d11e2890a22000a1fbc9a_7.jpg

0d67b71a748911e2a7d422000a9e0846_7.jpg

I failed trying to get them online, no time to camp for shoes like when I was a kid. :O

I'll try to get the Black/Royal AJ1s some other way ;)

I got the XX8 Stealths coming in tho!

Yea it has been a bad day to drop all these releases. I got the royals, but had to order them from Italy..."ain't no one got time for that.." Get back to making sticks!!! ; P

Vancha

D8Pfwud.jpg

Some stuff to watch this month, always loved Beast Wars and Beast Machines, alltho I can't find the Beast Wars series anywhere :(

6djE6xv.jpg

And some games, Under Defeat is actually harder then anticipated, but using twin sticks instead of buttons helps a ton.

Rhapsody A Musical Adventure is a nice quircky RPG with some anime love thrown into it. Not to bad but not the greatest showing for an RPG on DS either.

Danielsan

Well, you got me again Nintendo. I really shouldn't have purchased a new gaming handheld/console, especially given the fact that my most recent purchase (The Wii U) has been collecting dust like nobody's business. Still, the recent Nintendo direct paired with the upcoming (late) release of Fire Emblem means I just had to cave.

CZC8GJ3.jpg

When I got home yesterday I found out that the 3DS XL in the initial bundle that I picked up had a small but visible scratch underneath the screen. So I had to run back to the store to trade it. Not a great first experience. I'm also not digging how perfectly still you need to hold the screen for the 3D not to warp, or the short battery life. That said, when the 3D works, it's great and Super Mario 3D Land is a stellar Mario game. It shits all over New Super Mario Brothers U. The Galaxy team knows how to make amazing games.

Also picked up Pullblox (Pushmo) which is a lot of fun in small bursts.

MarkusRJR

Well, you got me again Nintendo. I really shouldn't have purchased a new gaming handheld/console, especially given the fact that my most recent purchase (The Wii U) has been collecting dust like nobody's business. Still, the recent Nintendo direct paired with the upcoming (late) release of Fire Emblem means I just had to cave.

CZC8GJ3.jpg

When I got home yesterday I found out that the 3DS XL in the initial bundle that I picked up had a small but visible scratch underneath the screen. So I had to run back to the store to trade it. Not a great first experience. I'm also not digging how perfectly still you need to hold the screen for the 3D not to warp, or the short battery life. That said, when the 3D works, it's great and Super Mario 3D Land is a stellar Mario game. It shits all over New Super Mario Brothers U. The Galaxy team knows how to make amazing games.

Also picked up Pullblox (Pushmo) which is a lot of fun in small bursts.
Oh man the white XL looks so good. I wish NA gets it eventually (or the Animal Crossing bundle). My only concern would be the shoulder buttons turning yellow over time. My old DS lite turned yellow after a few years despite me being a partial germaphobe.

Oh and the warping doesn't happen on the OG 3DS, only with XL units. On the original 3DS it just stays consistent until I leave the sweet spot and on the XL is darkens on the sides while still technically being in the sweet spot (if that makes sense). Not entirely sure why but it's possibly related to the larger screens.

A few more things from yesterday:

4EAFDA03-71FF-4AE2-9684-AED21C6FF8E1-218-0000000A32A26591_zps2ed8cf3a.jpg

P4Golden comic book, some buttons & a handmade valentine from the artist I bought the buttons from.

7B7B93C0-3D27-4EA8-9D25-3B98D6AF3659-218-0000000A3A00788C_zps403bb705.jpg

Game is CRACK ADDICTING... My other two friends bought it too, due to BB's sale and right now, they're holding a fashion show against each other at this very moment (they stayed over at my house for the night).

F210BD0F-E378-4BD0-B715-FFFB39234A88-558-000000B815CC728A_zps5a80a74f.jpg

2440BA1E-8CD0-4027-96C1-22895D43CD19-558-000000B81EF90228_zps7fed10cf.jpg

More Uniqlo x Pixar shirts...

sBtVyy3.jpg

Wow, congratulations.

I dream of living in a French countryside; I hope all works out well for you in the future.

Oh man the white XL looks so good. I wish NA gets it eventually (or the Animal Crossing bundle). My only concern would be the shoulder buttons turning yellow over time. My old DS lite turned yellow after a few years despite me being a partial germaphobe.

Oh and the warping doesn't happen on the OG 3DS, only with XL units. On the original 3DS it just stays consistent until I leave the sweet spot and on the XL is darkens on the sides while still technically being in the sweet spot (if that makes sense). Not entirely sure why but it's possibly related to the larger screens.

Won't happen. Reggie said we don't like white handhelds...

That white 3DS XL looks decent; nice pickup!

Goddamn, why won't nintendo release proper colors in the US? They're so backwards when it comes to marketing, ffs. I would buy an XL if there were a decent selection. I never play my original 3DS b/c it's so awkward to hold.

AlexBasch

Blockbuster MX has some kickass offers, got rid of old 360 games and got these for almost one dollar.

I know it's not as impressive as most of your purchases and that maybe I'll get banned for buying Borderlands 2, but 1 was a blast with a friend, and I wanted to join him in the game. :p

Or maybe getting banned for posting with cellphone camera instead of a pro one? Oh well.

Bought me a PS3 Deli Slim (top looks like a deli slicer to me) Uncharted 3/Eve Dust 514 bundle that came with a free wired licensed headset and also added Ni No Kuni on top since it was on sale for $50 and was the game i really bought the ps3 for.

Bought it all for $350. The only issue i'm going through is dealing with PSN support to update my email address since i no longer have access to it because it was for an old isp email address that was closed. It's going to take a few days fro them to confirm the change even though i know the email and password... it's just been a while since i signed in so i need to update my password.... looks like no ps+, downloading my old PSN games and what not for a few days... oh well... time to play some ni no kuni!!!

QD02D85.jpg

jbueno

Blockbuster MX has some kickass offers, got rid of old 360 games and got these for almost one dollar.

I know it's not as impressive as most of your purchases and that maybe I'll get banned for buying Borderlands 2, but 1 was a blast with a friend, and I wanted to join him in the game. :p

Or maybe getting banned for posting with cellphone camera instead of a pro one? Oh well.

I have a BlockBuster nearby, like half a block distance, perhaps I should give it a visit after work.

Top Bottom