• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11675437044_931a8a9806_o.png

Happy Lunar New Year! 1 month down in 2014, 11 more to go! The challenge of February is upon us, are you ready?

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Here are some of my favorite pickups of January + some stories lol !

This one is my highlight...

12215498835_68a91e5157_b.jpg

12216096506_a22d0e0f4c_b.jpg

The Nike PlayStation Air Force 1 was first released in 2006 as a promotional item and joint collaboration between Nike and Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Only 150 pairs were released (individually numbered). The shoe was never sold at retail.

In 2009, Sony reached out to Nike again to produce more of the now coveted sneaker. This time a limited run of 50 pairs(silver boxes) and 40 pairs (black boxes) were made (with slight differences from the 2006 version) and given to Sony employees/executives/media to help celebrate the upcoming 10th anniversary of the PlayStation 2 console.

In 2012 Complex Magazine ranked the 'PlayStation' AF1 as #11 on their list of 'The 100 Best Nike Air Force 1s of All Time'. A notable feat for a sneaker that was first released in 1982, which is now going on in age into it's 30s.

The legendary Bruce Kilgore (also did the Jordan 2) designed this iconic shoe that continues to impress decades after it first left his lab. Shortly after it was released, the sneaker was actually discontinued due to lack of sales. However in the New York tri-state area, the shoe began to pick up in popularity and was eventually re-released a few years later, and has been a regular ever since.

In case you didn't know. I like sneakers and video games a lot. I actually work in the gaming industry in product/design and marketing. I look at the sneaker trends & culture with inspiration often when creating products. The result, often times are amazing.

I first saw this shoe in person at E3 2006. It was the same time that I met my good friend Alex Wang, better known to the internet as 'retrokid.' Yes, the same 'retrokid' that helped launch Sole Collector magazine and one of the true OGs of Nike Talk (NT). He was rocking' them and we just talked about gaming/sneakers and our passions for both. Since then, I've been wanting a pair of these. Finally almost 8 years later, I got 'em!

Now to go after a 2009 pair. ;)

---

Here are the rest of my fun pick ups from Jan...

2a89b4a8742211e3a45b0ebf321b217b_8.jpg

7896b436781c11e39e6c122aa7b9c56f_8.jpg

e66cdfc478e111e38d5b12ed3ec6d65a_8.jpg

dff87b2e7a8c11e3947b128f706f3c2c_8.jpg

73cb67b47e3711e3ac8b12812f0cc8a2_8.jpg

c2298f867e6311e3ab2d124a45374a2f_8.jpg

d3bb1c60811511e39e920a9f02b5d8ac_8.jpg

435bd7b6815811e3bfe2124c49cf34ce_8.jpg

I'm going to Tokyo at the end of this month so expect more awesome <3

In the last week or so got back into the Neo Geo MVS with an Omega, AES sticks, two from Hit-Japan and one locally (replaced the tops with some balltops from my candy cab days), and some games. Got about 8 more coming in the next week or two. Also picked up some shockboxes for my games.

(still waiting on the Windjammers, MSX, and Soccer Brawl Carts)

Grief.exe

Here are my pickups for January

I technically picked up DayZ on launch day at the end of December, but I've been playing it so much might as well keep the train rolling.

i3vCLD0RBOc85.png

Will be stopping by my local footie shop to get patches and numbers for it:
c813fd0b26c10e34e62451a9576cbf71_zps6932b07c.jpg

A shirt from Uniqlo:
3b4d5cb0121071c4511da00bc4fc9acd_zpsfc240883.jpg

And a cross-post from the January thread:
No pic, but just bought MS Office 2011 for my Mac off the MS HUP site through work.

Can't say no to $9.95 versus the $219.95 retail price.

Beck

I broke down and bought this beauty.

kc88Xsj.jpg

Slowly finding the differences between Intuos and Bamboo. Almost considered a Cintiq 13" I don't have that kind of money to throw around.

Seik

Banned
Got these goodies in the mail.

These two from amazon. Indy box set for 25 bucks, I had no choice, same for Ghostbusters that was 8$.

oFsU5Tg.jpg

Skyrim on Ebay, got both Killer is Dead and SC5 sealed for free. Got Killer is Dead in exchange of Assassin's Creed IV on Wii U and SC5 was a gift from a buddy of mine that worked for Ubisoft France when they collaborated with Namco everyone got this collector.

nfjCQM5.jpg

ArchAngel

Why did you buy a Galaxy Nexus?

Cheapest "modern" Nexus I could get. It's just for flashing and trying things out that I wouldn't on my N5.
With that it's not a problem if the GN dies from all these things - because it was cheap ;-)

haikira

Was hoping Wolf Children would arrive this weekend, to join my spending spree, but it's probably arriving Monday now. Ack well, plenty else to watch.

Annie Hall, Manhattan and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Butch Cassidy is one of my favourite films ever and I recently watched and loved Annie Hall. Looking forward to seeing Manhattan.
img_34254hrtj.jpg

Sightseers, The Raid and Land of the Dead
Haven't seen Sightseers, but I've seen the Raid and Land of the Dead, which are both fun little films.
img_3428z4rqi.jpg

Steins; Gate: Part 01, Brave and Tangled
Haven't seen any of these, but I'm looking forward to checking them out.
img_3431tqo5k.jpg

jonno394

Stuff from Jan that I can show off today :)

All this

12251115693_3f419993ac_b.jpg

became this

12251107413_6d6a75d397_b.jpg

12251372194_c4f821c2e1_b.jpg

I decided to buy some games to play (all new purchases)

12251226903_eac3bfc676_b.jpg

12251491084_ba66a5383e_b.jpg

12251304983_5de92237a6_b.jpg

PC gaming here I come :)

Yasawas

I used to wonder who on earth bought art books then I bought the Dark Souls one last month, mainly just to give From more money. Now I get it. I've got my eye on the Bravely Default one, might order that soon if I can be bothered setting up a Honto account. Anyway I have this now and it's fantastic:

Getting into Disgaea finally, I've always been interested, but I felt I needed help understanding it. This has been useful in filling in the gaps in what the game doesn't tell you:

One cheap game (Bit.Trip), one from France that's impossible to get for a reasonable price in the UK (Cave Story) and the cheapest version of Apollo Justice I could find. It's from Greece where all new games are apparently opened by the official local distributor and resealed so everything feels second-hand, sucks to be those guys:

And I impulse-bought one of those blind-packed KidRobot Street Fighter figures and got my boy 'Sim. Chuffed.

Shengar

This baby actually arrived two days ago. But I'm too lazy to search for the January thread, and wait for this instead.

The design of the book is nice, but I rather dissapointed with the content. They just showing bunch of categorized concept art without putting any commentary in them, which makes it really boring to. But I feel my purchase wholely justified by the interview alone. The interview in the artbook is really insighful not only to the game, but also to Miyazaki as a game designer. That interview really make me wish they bother to release Demon's Souls Artbook, with commentary on concept art and another exclusive interview.

aznpxdd

Amazon's walking dead Vita bundle.

lZrOO14.jpg

These games + Killzone: M, Hotline Miami, Super Stardust, Retro City Rampage, Uncharted, Guacamelee...pretty good collection I'd say

4wxcX8r.jpg

KPnUDeR.jpg

y0ChbtM.jpg

Zelda

ghLSuy9.jpg

32gb Nexus 5

BBjVrL7.jpg

Bond007

Stopped by a few yard sales today and grabbed these for $5 a pop. Perfect conditions
Thinking about going back and grabbing a few more

Have a bit of a pick-up post backlog, so bear with me:

I bought a Sony NEX-5R to replace my trusty Canon Rebel XS (neither is pictured; 5R took the following pics).

At launch, I nabbed a PS4. Love this system, even at this early stage. The lack of media streaming is a downer.

Also grabbed a used Wii on the cheap to play Gamecube games through component (F-Zero, people), as well as play some titles I have missed.

I bought games for both.

I also bought a 3DSXL, because my launch 3DS is a piece of shit. Nintendo should've released the XL as the launch 3DS, IMO.

Grabbed some movies along the way.

And finally, grabbed this beauty from eBay.

HUELEN10

0GZfet7.png

Bought this today after one of my disks failed. Said to myself, might as well consolidate disks as well, copying things shouldn't take too...
knmLGIO.png

Fuck my life.

zychi

Banned
the key is to do it overnight/when you're out. i did that about a year ago, and now i have all these unused 1tb drives

Top Bottom