• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

HUELEN10

the key is to do it overnight/when you're out. i did that about a year ago, and now i have all these unused 1tb drives

Problem is, after this is done, then I have to index and then do a full backup mount. Shit's gonna take like 3 days total. Gonna suck not having my computer at the ready.

Ultimadrago

Finally picked up a new laptop: MSI GT70 OD. It has been awesome so far!

img_0486ykkh1.jpg
img_04988dsbi.jpg

img_0517z2kiq.jpg
pickup33h7jt4.jpg

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4700MQ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
LCD: 17.3 Anti-Glare Screen w/ 72% NTSC Color Gamut
DDRIII(L) 12 GB RAM
SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

And two sets of Philips Fidelio X1/28 Premium Over-Ear Headphones to match!

Today's pickups:

(2) Lightning Cables & (1) 13-inch sleeve from Amazon
a6c69a6866e7aef0bbf8e1118544e8b9_zps870c89d5.jpg

(2) MegaBloks for strapping my u-lock to my bike
85350cf80733a7714b61e79ac51a6e9a_zpsebb07c2a.jpg

(1) Rain cover for my backpack
836d3c640ded351c5250476f4f099676_zps960085d2.jpg

(1) Package of candy from Trader Joe's
3d161c823230dbc5d01bdd26228414e4_zps4f62aa53.jpg

Not pictured: Ordered my number & patches for my Arsenal jersey that I posted yesterday.

Genuinely curious: Is it standard with soccer jerseys to buy the jersey and patches/name plate separately and put them on yourself?

Genuinely curious: Is it standard with soccer jerseys to buy the jersey and patches/name plate separately and put them on yourself?

You can either buy the jersey with the name plate/patches already on (which I've seen mostly on online websites) or you can buy it separately (which is what I usually do) from the jersey. The few times I've seen a jersey with a name plate on it already in-store, it never has the patches on it so you'd have to order it.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Found a LOT of games this week. especially on Saturday morning:

The NES game above is Super Block Ball for the power glove. I'm gonna have to get me one of those one day. The Chicago Syndicate is a spinoff game of Eternal Champions.

It's nice to find a sealed brand new Gamecube controller. That Scart adapter might come in handy one day.

Magic Pengel is a somewhat obscure pokemon-ish game for the PS2 where you create your own custom drawn monsters and fight with them. The package of DVD's was a great deal. There were a bunch of sports games, but it also included SSX3, Star Wars Battlefield II, NFS Carbon and Medal of Honor Frontline. not a bad deal. It was 19 discs in all.

Starting up a small PSP collection. This gamestop still had some in stock.

Speaking of great deals. Mega Man V for the Gameboy for only $15 and it was sitting on the shelf for more than a week. I now have 2 copies of this game and I'll probably be trading one sometime in the future. Eternal Champions was only 2$ which is about as much as I'd want to spend on it. :p

CROSSPOST FROM PS2 THREAD

Went to GameStop today, didn't expect anything PS2 to be there...

(CAUTION SHITTY PIC QUALITY!)

gsps2full_zps91407a16.jpg

gsps21_zps4ba0a73d.jpg

gsps22_zpsc44fd5d5.jpg

gsps23_zps1480074e.jpg

Longest receipt I've gotten at GS

gsps2longassreceipt_zpsbd562047.jpg

$25. Worth it.

Nothing mind blowing but was surprised to find a few of these:

TOTAL HAUL:
Onimusha: War Lords
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Obscure: Aftermath
Rampage Total Destruction
Jaws Unleashed
Samurai Legend: Musashi
Soul Reaver 2
Maximo
Dark Cloud
Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask
The Thing
Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2
War of the Monsters
Destroy All Humans!
Katamari Damacy
Mark of Kri
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Bloodrayne
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: IX
The Bouncer
Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel
Godzilla: Save the Earth

and

Taiko DRUM MASTER

------
I literally have no foreknowledge about 95% of these games. Help me out GAF, which ones are good, which should I pop into the disc tray first?

Open to trades by the way if you been looking for some of these!

kubus

My first pick up thread post ever!

Picked up these beauties <3. Excuse the crappy quality. Phone camera :(

Surface Pro 128GB + Type Cover 2
So glad I got this. My iPad 2 just felt way too restricting. I had to resort to Dropbox for file management and constantly converting Word documents to Pages documents and vice versa kept ruining my work. Having full Windows 8.1 on a tablet is really amazing, and so is the Type Cover.

Best of all? I got super lucky and managed to buy it for 393 euro because they made a mistake twice when I bought it. I was supposed to get it for 496 instead of 600 because of Mediamarkt tax free days (17% off). They forgot to change the price in the store though, so I approached someone and they fixed it. But the guy made a mistake and made it 469 instead of 496. Then I went to pay for the thing and the register added another 17% off LOL. It was a great day.

GB Micro + Zelda ALttP + Metroid Fusion (and Luigi diorama)
Also managed to grab these. The GB Micro was never taken out of the box, everything was in its original seal. So not a single scratch! Metroid was in super good condition, only downside is that the original retailer put some stickers on the back. Zelda was 100% mint, I don't think it was ever taken out of the box. Paid 120 euro for the entire lot, excluding the Luigi diorama that I got from Club Nintendo. I think I got extremely lucky with this deal.

So yeah, February is a good month :D

IaN_GAF

Lp7WkCe.jpg

Boom! Right in the childhood! Though it's not as impressive as some of the "retro" pick-ups featured all over GAF, this is the exact version of the first console I have ever owned in my life (the Sonic 2 pack) with all of the games I used to own (except for Boogerman which I could not find). Somehow I managed to lose track of both the console and all the games throughout the years, and I felt now is as good a time as any to right that wrong.

As soon as I've had my coffee, I shall be hooking it up to see if my gaming skills have improved in the last ten years.

meppi

Quite a bit of random stuff this past week:

ibmNGcp8aVecmE.jpg

Started playing E.X. Troopers last night and ended up playing for 4 hours straight till 3 AM.
Really fun game. Bit heavy on the story and the first hour of tutorials really drags on, but once past that, the game is a blast and dare I say, the real Lost Planet 3. :)
Yes I do have Lost Planet 3 as well, but haven't unwrapped it yet. ;P

iDgxZ9GVfrhuo.jpg

Some movies as well.
Couldn't ignore the better transfer of Ghostbusters, even though I own the movie so many times already.

VanWinkle

Okay guys, I'm ECSTATIC. I've had a 32" Sharp Aquos 720p TV for six years now. It's served me well, but it's got really bad image retention now, contrast and color isn't that great, and 720p feels like a massive drawback now, having a PS4. Yesterday I bought a 2014 (edit: apparently it's a 2013, actually) E-Series 42" Vizio Smart TV. GUYS. I know it's not the highest end, but IT'S AMAZING. I'm blown away by it. 1080p, local dimming with a full backlight array for even lighting and nice black levels and contrast, .4 inch bezel, 120hz, etc. FOR FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I've had that old TV for so long, but I'm so happy right now.

ii5ZfCq4zY0Tj.jpg

Quite a bit of random stuff this past week:

ibmNGcp8aVecmE.jpg

Started playing E.X. Troopers last night and ended up playing for 4 hours straight till 3 AM.
Really fun game. Bit heavy on the story and the first hour of tutorials really drags on, but once past that, the game is a blast and dare I say, the real Lost Planet 3. :)
Yes I do have Lost Planet 3 as well, but haven't unwrapped it yet. ;P

I LOVED EX Troopers. I was so shocked at how good it was. Very easy game, but it was just such a blast to play.

Okay guys, I'm ECSTATIC. I've had a 32" Sharp Aquos 720p TV for six years now. It's served me well, but it's got really bad image retention now, contrast and color isn't that great, and 720p feels like a massive drawback now, having a PS4. Yesterday I bought a 2014 E-Series 42" Vizio Smart TV. GUYS. I know it's not the highest end, but IT'S AMAZING. I'm blown away by it. 1080p, local dimming with a full backlight array for even lighting and nice black levels and contrast, .4 inch bezel, 120hz, etc. FOR FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I've had that old TV for so long, but I'm so happy right now.

That center channel blocking a part of the lower part of the screen doesn't bother you?

M.W.

Okay guys, I'm ECSTATIC. I've had a 32" Sharp Aquos 720p TV for six years now. It's served me well, but it's got really bad image retention now, contrast and color isn't that great, and 720p feels like a massive drawback now, having a PS4. Yesterday I bought a 2014 E-Series 42" Vizio Smart TV. GUYS. I know it's not the highest end, but IT'S AMAZING. I'm blown away by it. 1080p, local dimming with a full backlight array for even lighting and nice black levels and contrast, .4 inch bezel, 120hz, etc. FOR FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS.

ii5ZfCq4zY0Tj.jpg

Nice man. I have that exact TV and it's awesome. I just bought it with my PS4 back in November. Enjoy!

Chris_IWS

836681722.jpg

A desk for my room. Still have my gaming PC hooked up downstairs, but I finally have a decent setup for my general browsing PC and dead consoles.
Yes, I do consider the Dreamcast a dead console.

Yay, I've finally joined the new generation! One down, two to go :D

ps4_zpsc749692b.jpg

Grabbed a year of PS+ and Killzone to go along with that.

CrazyKyle

Neo Member
Hi everyone been using NeoGaf for years and now have an account!

Here is my favorite stuff from 2013 and stuff I bought in January!

Got My PlayStation 4 on release day and a New 42inch LG 3D Smart tv for it.

x9x8eO6.jpg

yahTZ4i.jpg

thtjefC.jpg

And got these blu-rays cheap in the sales and bought the 9H for my PS4 as it is meant to work but cant get mic or sound to work? Any Ideas?

6XeYSAy.jpg

bt5fPCA.jpg

Also whats the best site to use to host the pictures?

D-e-f-

Banned
Hi everyone been using NeoGaf for years and now have an account!

Here is my favorite stuff from 2013 and stuff I bought in January!

Got My PlayStation 4 on release day and a New 42inch LG 3D Smart tv for it.

x9x8eO6.jpg

yahTZ4i.jpg

thtjefC.jpg

And got these blu-rays cheap in the sales and bought the 9H for my PS4 as it is meant to work but cant get mic or sound to work? Any Ideas?

6XeYSAy.jpg

bt5fPCA.jpg

Also whats the best site to use to host the pictures?

Was this in the gift bag at the entrance? If so, why didn't I get one?

ys45

I have not posted here since December :

3AbfJ7g.jpg

Christmas presents from my GF

hS0msyI.jpg

got this in January

6edz0fw.jpg

qd8zscH.jpg

Got this today , my first Figma figures I'm really impressed by the quality so far .

Top Bottom