• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
NES: Sword Master
swordmaster_zps2c1506f0.jpg

I haven't posted on GAF in well over a year, but I lurk constantly. Figured I'd make a post in my favorite thread. These are all my highlights from last year. I like books (especially RPG books) a lot.

E2kteH1.jpg

• Numenera and Shadows of Esteren were kickstarter campaigns setting/ruleset books and they are of unbelievably high quality. I was very impressed.
  • The Game of Thrones RPG books are excellent as well.
  • I'm currently reading Blood and Bone, which I believe is Esslemont's final Malazan entry and the latest Malazan book to have been published. I've read all the others.
  • The Dragon Age book is very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed delving further into the lore. I loved both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II.

Vig7FG4.jpg

More Books.
  • Haven't started Abercrombie's series yet, but I've heard very good things. I'm excited to start after Blood and Bone.
  • 13th is another Kickstarter RPG. It's really good, but not as strong as the other RPG books I own.
  • Pathfinder Mythic Adventures and the Mythic Realms looks really great from a cursory glance, but I haven't started to really read them yet.
  • Yggrasil RPG is amazing. Dark, easy to die, and great rules. Think Game of Throne + Dark Souls in a Skyrim-like setting.
  • I got really into the television show Walking Dead this year, so I decided to start reading the graphic novels. I'm about a third through volume 1 compendium so far.

yEXX2fm.jpg

• Witcher books!! I have replayed both Witcher 1 and 2 at least 4 times to date, and I just started up another playthrough last week. I really enjoyed all three books. Right up there with Martin and Erikson in my mind.
  • Diablo Book of Tyreal is the sister book to Book of Cain released in 2012. It's not as good as its predecessor but still very worthwhile. Obvious ties to the next expansion are everywhere throughout its pages.
  • Collector's Edition of Rome II: Total War - I had to get it delivered to my friend who lives in the USA and have him mail it to me in Canada, as the collector's edition wasn't available up here. It's still sealed as I double dipped with a digital version as well.
  • I already have all the previous Elder Scrolls games but I couldn't pass up buying a collected volume.
A few other things I picked up last year:
qNBejpJ.jpg

tiwpvQe.jpg

rklT2sJ.jpg

bBQWfwt.jpg

uVVqHAT.jpg

GwCqktm.jpg

Forgive the glare.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hope you guys don't mind... but please allow me to share my recent pick-up/story...

12215498835_68a91e5157_b.jpg

12216096506_a22d0e0f4c_b.jpg

The Nike PlayStation Air Force 1 was first released in 2006 as a promotional item and joint collaboration between Nike and Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Only 150 pairs were released (individually numbered). The shoe was never sold at retail.

In 2009, Sony reached out to Nike again to produce more of the now coveted sneaker. This time a limited run of 50 pairs(silver boxes) and 40 pairs (black boxes) were made (with slight differences from the 2006 version) and given to Sony employees/executives/media to help celebrate the upcoming 10th anniversary of the PlayStation 2 console.

In 2012 Complex Magazine ranked the 'PlayStation' AF1 as #11 on their list of 'The 100 Best Nike Air Force 1s of All Time'. A notable feat for a sneaker that was first released in 1982, which is now going on in age into it's 30s.

The legendary Bruce Kilgore (also did the Jordan 2) designed this iconic shoe that continues to impress decades after it first left his lab. Shortly after it was released, the sneaker was actually discontinued due to lack of sales. However in the New York tri-state area, the shoe began to pick up in popularity and was eventually re-released a few years later, and has been a regular ever since.

In case you didn't know. I like sneakers and video games a lot. I actually work in the gaming industry in product/design and marketing. I look at the sneaker trends & culture with inspiration often when creating products. The result, often times are amazing.

I first saw this shoe in person at E3 2006. It was the same time that I met my good friend Alex Wang, better known to the internet as 'retrokid.' Yes, the same 'retrokid' that helped launch Sole Collector magazine and one of the true OGs of Nike Talk (NT). He was rocking' them and we just talked about gaming/sneakers and our passions for both. Since then, I've been wanting a pair of these. Finally almost 8 years later, I got 'em!

Now to go after a 2009 pair. ;)

SlickVic

W91MYci.jpg

I'm really glad the 3DS 18 game case popped up on Club Nintendo a couple weeks ago. I was going to get one soon for traveling, so it was cool to get a nice stylish one with leftover CN points.

Melchiah

Stupid question, but I have this ordered, what sort of size is the box + packaging. I am out tomorrow, and hoping it would fit through my letter box lol

It's about the same size as a regular package. The art book is the case, which holds the disc. So, it should fit through the letterbox easily. Enjoying the game so far.

Gameboy415

Tesco were doing a quarter price deal for prints last week, so I bought a 30x20" print for the pretty good price of £5. Today I went and bought a frame for it which cost £6. The result:

[Secret of Mana]
aw yeah
not bad for £11. just gotta get the proper hook for it - it's a bit wonky at the moment

Awesome.

I'd love to get a print to hang up in my game room - any chance you can share the original source/file for the image you used for the print?? :)

Rich!

Awesome.

I'd love to get a print to hang up in my game room - any chance you can share the original source/file for the image you used for the print?? :)

i don't have it to hand at the moment, but just search for a large image on google. you'll find it.

slightly better images (try to ignore the glare from the frame), but still out of focus because I'm tired and my DLSR isn't going into auto mode:

JEKKI

Are those uniqlo slim chinos? If so, they're great I have 3 pairs which I wear to work each week.
whooo~!!! *hi5*

we're slim chinos yes we're slim chinos

all u other slim chinos are jus regular chinos

so wont the real slim chinos please stand up!

please stand up! please stand up! please stand up!

Gvaz

Banned
I haven't posted on GAF in well over a year, but I lurk constantly. Figured I'd make a post in my favorite thread. These are all my highlights from last year. I like books (especially RPG books) a lot.

I got the book on the bottom left for free :3

Now the hard part is finding some friggin nerds who will actually play it with me.

BigMike

Neo Member
After a two month hiatus...

mjDoT0u.jpg

The amazing thing is that the CIB Eternal Darkness for Gamecube and Actraiser 2 where both found today at an EB Games.

And that joyous little CIB Super Famicom Chrono Trigger is my first import straight from Japan! It came with a little note saying thank you and how to fold an origami crane. かわいい!

The fact that this picture is on an angle is driving me nuts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Everything is new besides the Iphone 4S, which I have had for over two years.

Macbook Pro 15, 2,6 GHz, 16 GB ram, 1 TB SSD, Geforce 750m 2GB GDDR5

I got this because I really want to give it a shot, trying to be a graphics designer.

Alongwide it I got;

Adobe Design Standard (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, all CS6, non-subscription). Price was off 85% for Students, and then additionally 5% off when bought with purchase of new Mac, so I felt I saved a lot of money.

Western Digital for Mac 3TB USB3 Harddrive. I wanted a Thunderbolt one, but price wise it was way out of means.

Windows 8,1 full version. Currently not Bootcamp supported. Annoying:(

Got my Moms Magic Mouse, Wireless Keyboard, Airport Extreme(2008)(not pictured) and SuperDrive. And Office for Mac 2008

Corsair Voyager 64 GB USB3 Stick(not pictured).
Then It escalated, I ended up buying a Space Grey Ipad Air 128 GB LTE and a Apple TV.

Thunderbolt Cable (display port on my PC monitor)

Ipod Shuffle RED for working out(not pictured)

Bought some Mac compatible games on Steam like The Banner Saga, Fez, CS: Global Offensive, Dustforce, Godus, Portal 2.

And also steam games not on Mac; Shadow Warrior, MGS Rising, Mrs Splosion Man (hilarious game), and others. phew.

What have I done. I will suffer for this for many years!!:(

EDIT:

And just got this done out of the oven. It's inspired by Parks and Recreations episodes about a new alternative meat delivery system. It's a Meatza, with no wheat, using low fat mozeralla cheese, and several kinds of meats, mainly kebab. The bottom is a thin layer of 8% beef mixed with two eggs and cereal wheat to give it a firm structure. You can't hold it and eat it like a normal pizza, but I like it because it gives me a feeling of pizza without the bread and high saturated fat cheese:

No pic, but just bought MS Office 2011 for my Mac off the MS HUP site through work.

Can't say no to $9.95 versus the $219.95 retail price.

curb

Banned
No pic, but just bought MS Office 2011 for my Mac off the MS HUP site through work.

Can't say no to $9.95 versus the $219.95 retail price.

I love that plan. I got signed up for Office 2013 at my old employer right before leaving, remembered it months later, found the email and finished the transaction thus netting the full pro suite for around $20. So great.

hgZC6BKl.jpg

ZoE HD Collection $11 new
Ni no Kuni $20 new
Mario Kart 7 $25 used
Shinobi $11 new
Star Fox 64 3D $15 used

Club Nintendo Case is awesome!

Sora_N

Last few things from January.

Actually bought MH3U just now but meh, I thought about it all week anyways.

2014-02-01200427_zps5b737dba.jpg

2014-02-01214548_zps69f66d05.jpg

Bane was $5 so why not.

1DXPeFt.jpg

Shifting Gears: Road Trip
Sealed!

"Vipershark, what the heck is that game?"
Well, this here is Shifting Gears: Road Trip. As you can see, it's complete shovelware.

...or it at least certainly appears to be, but it's actually the localized version of Gadget Racers 2, which I didn't even know existed until a few days ago when YouTube member "khmlight3" commented on one of my unboxing videos and told me to buy it.
I looked online and it is in fact the sequel to Gadget Racers.
I then immediately went to check prices and found a sealed copy online for 8 bucks and bought it on the spot.

Also, I really have to thank the seller because they actually put adequate packing material in to keep the GBA box safe. They put the GBA box inside of an outer shell of rigid cardboard, and then put that into a padded bubble mailer. The box arrived in more or less perfect condition.

Top Bottom