• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Blu ray pickups
The Twelve Kingdoms
2014-01-1318.33.045cj22.jpg

Moribito
2014-01-2719.32.01wcknt.jpg

You Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

BOTEC

Last time around I played Nier first, and then decided that the soundtrack was amazing and bought the album(s). This time around, I decided to be more pro active. My pre-order for Drakengard 3 still stands, S-E. Your move.

7wEp3Mr.jpg

The other album in the picture is the Nexat Shooting Collection, which is the worst name for anything ever. Three of the games featured are Compile shooters, and the other one is Summer Carnival '92 RECCA. 'Awesome Shooting Game Collection' is much more accurate. Also features a track by Heavy Metal Raiden, a metal cover of MUSHA Aleste's first stage theme.

PS: Someone asked a few pages back, but I don't know if he ever got an answer. Yes, The Silence Is Mine on the Drag-On Dragoon 3 OST is the full vocal version. The disc also has the other vocal theme by Aoi Eir, which is considerably less amazing, but still neat to have.

AmyS

Forgot to mention, I became aware of the Out Run CD by S.S.T Band because of the fansite outrun.org. There's a ton of great music there.

My all-time favorite rendition of Passing Breeze is the one Chris Abbott did for Overclocked Remix.

I'd love to have an original someday, along with the After Burner CD

JEKKI

JEKKI in da house!!

I'm back!!! I took a weekend trip to the Bay Area!

or "NorCal" as dumb ppl call it -_-

1a57899088a711e3abe112bbcb4e2daa_7.jpg

made a visit to Comics Conspiracy; HQ of The Geekbox!!

5a6f161e88a811e384b41234a283bd02_7.jpg

this is what $250 gets you at Uniqlo... before taxes that is...

0cdec8f4864111e3a5ca12d8b378e154_7.jpg

3fb04d6486fc11e38f9d125ac6cb0dab_7.jpg

half of my meals; the other half being italian food which for some reason I never photographed o_O

thenexus6

iPhone 5 and apple leather case:

FW9khRU.jpg

gfG8ONn.jpg

eLNosSB.jpg

Got both for a great price on eBay phone is so mint I am shocked to know it's been used since september 2013! The case is extremely nice too looking forward to the leather wearing in nicely..

My seven month affair with android is over!

January pickups..

Games:

Let's TAP Limited Edition (Wii): a limited edition that contains 2 empty cardboard boxes! I just couldn't pass up on that proposition.
DmC (PC): let's see how bad this really is.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization (PC): after replaying Colonization because of the GOG winter sale, I decided to check this 'reimagining' out

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (PS3)
Killer is Dead Limited Edition (PS3)

Contra 4 (NDS)
Away: Shuffle Dungeon (NDS)

and 5 Ace Attorney games. Already played through 4 of the 'Turnabouts' in the 1st game. And loving it so far.

AbDPDwR.jpg

Other stuff:

Picked up the final season of Chuck on DVD, so that I have all 5 of them now.
Also Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition (BluRay). Thanks to jimi_dini for pointing out that deal.

Furthermore 2 books arrived: the CE guide of A Link Between Worlds. And the Dark Souls: Design Works artbook.

And finally I also got the last expansion of Ascension, Darkness Unleashed, and some of the game's latest promos.

Sg59HYj.jpg

0uklx7K.jpg

YMku9C4.jpg

noomi

JEKKI in da house!!

I'm back!!! I took a weekend trip to the Bay Area!

or "NorCal" as dumb ppl call it -_-

5a6f161e88a811e384b41234a283bd02_7.jpg

this is what $250 gets you at Uniqlo... before taxes that is...

Are those uniqlo slim chinos? If so, they're great I have 3 pairs which I wear to work each week.

Bond007

Well just got back from a Deployment and was finally able to open boxes and whatnot.
First pic is a little old as stuff started to accumulate and includes blurays/kids stuff.
Rest of the pics are from this week on my gaming rampage. PS3 and 360 got demoted to the bedroom. lol

Galdius

Has it been held op by customs thát long, or something?

Yes. Brazilian customs are not the fastest and they have been even worse since september. There is a lot of packages from september/october that are arriving just now. I was lucky that mine took "only" 45 days.

Bond007

Just arrived.
Im a first party kinda guy 99% of the time. I am a huge fan of Nyko chargers after i got one last gen for 360. Official PS3 one broke and then i upgraded. This time I'm out of the gate with these.
I like that i can just place the controllers and walk away. No trying to connect something in some weird ass angle. Amazon has em on sale from $29 to $20 at the moment, plus the xbone comes with the rechargeable batteries obviously.

Che..
By italian standard my paycheck is gold for my age (30) but i swear some of you make me feel poor..
Either i'm One of the few ones that bother with Savino money every month or my wage actually sucks

x-post from vinyl thread. Finally got some new speakers and amp for my turntable last night. I'll be looking to redo the shelves/cabniets soon for better position of my components. Works and sounds great for now though! Very happy with it. What a massive difference from MP3's through my old Logitech Z5550 setup.

-Pro-ject Carbon Debut (previous pickup ITT)
-NAD 316BEE
-Monitor Audio BX2

Twelvy

SHORT PEACE (PS3) - Hybrid disc including 4 movie segments overseen by Katsuhiro Otomo, and the 5th segment - a game developed by Crispy's (Tokyo Jungle) with Suda51 on 'Scenario' duties.

iMfIPss0uvfxv.jpg

ibf9pXMf2Uj1vG.jpg

I suppose the short movies are in the same quality as the bluray version. Do you know if the PS3 disc can be read on any bluray player and if it is possible, is it region free?

I suppose the short movies are in the same quality as the bluray version. Do you know if the PS3 disc can be read on any bluray player and if it is possible, is it region free?

Playback is indeed bluray quality, with the option to choose either 5.1 or 2.0 audio track. The game element shows up in the games list on the XMB, but the 'movie' part is selected through the video list on XMB. I'm running it on a UK Slim PS3, no problems whatsoever regarding region playback.

I do have a dedicated region-hacked bluray player, but it hadn't occurred to me to try the disc with it. Let me check it out when I can later today, and I'll report back with my findings...

Got the money together to get my Xbox One! This was my big purchase for the month, clearly.

9DELMCM.jpg

But I also got to add a little to my retro collection back at the beginning of the month at MAGFest!

pKjLml6.jpg

U8xkaNQ.jpg

Twelvy

Playback is indeed bluray quality, with the option to choose either 5.1 or 2.0 audio track. The game element shows up in the games list on the XMB, but the 'movie' part is selected through the video list on XMB. I'm running it on a UK Slim PS3, no problems whatsoever regarding region playback.

I do have a dedicated region-hacked bluray player, but it hadn't occurred to me to try the disc with it. Let me check it out when I can later today, and I'll report back with my findings...

Thanks! I think I will get it soon :)

kizito

Yeah !
It was almost impossible to find one, but after many many calls I found a store that had it, 40 kilometers to buy it, my already beloved ASUS T100 !

Didn't expect it to be so good, for people not knowing what it is, it's an hybrid PC (you can detach the screen and go full tablet, or dock it and go full computer), running Under Windows 8.1, not RT, so basically I can run all my programs.

The experience have been almost perfect, completely worth the money, I'm extremely happy and satisfied. I had an Ipad Mini, but it was way too limited, the Asus T100 is the perfect experience in my opinion (along with other Hybrids running Full Windows 8.1 and with Bay Trail or Haswell Intel's architectures).

My haul for this month (so far, still waiting on two things):

Star Trek Attack Wing (with some expansion ships). Love this game.

XKIfu9m.jpg

I work for an online Record Store, so I got these ordered for me.

8zbBbi6.jpg

I've had Full Throttle since it came out, however, never had the original box. Just an OEM copy. Found this on Amazon for $20 bucks.

5mblhVG.jpg

Finally, to complete my Tim Schafer-kick, ordered this shirt from the DF store. Along with a signed Psychonauts posters which I will frame, then post, at a later date.

7l4j2jz.jpg

Impatient pickups:

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS, JP version) - Out next month in the EU, but I have the means to play it, and I got it cheap, so why not. Will still pick up the EU version. Can never have too much hometown in your life:

ina3YG0z28sWD.jpg

US 3DS XL, Shin Megami Tensei IV LE - You had one job, NOE. Which you still haven't done. EU folks, you should probably start getting excited - whenever I import something that's in localisation limbo, it's announced for release within about a week:

iXcUAcEiFrVHR.jpg

And in true pickups tradition... (may only make sense to long-term visitors to the pickups thread):

iJxg6GKKBAcpn.jpg

;)

Rich!

Tesco were doing a quarter price deal for prints last week, so I bought a 30x20" print for the pretty good price of £5. Today I went and bought a frame for it which cost £6. The result:

aw yeah

not bad for £11. just gotta get the proper hook for it - it's a bit wonky at the moment

LostAnkh

Impatient pickups:

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS, JP version) - Out next month in the EU, but I have the means to play it, and I got it cheap, so why not. Will still pick up the EU version. Can never have too much hometown in your life:

http://i.minus.com/ina3YG0z28sWD.jpg

US 3DS XL, Shin Megami Tensei IV LE - You had one job, NOE. Which you still haven't done. EU folks, you should probably start getting excited - whenever I import something that's in localisation limbo, it's announced for release within about a week:

http://i.minus.com/iXcUAcEiFrVHR.jpg

And in true pickups tradition... (may only make sense to long-term visitors to the pickups thread):

http://i.minus.com/iJxg6GKKBAcpn.jpg

;)
lol, i remember you doing that in some of your pickups.

Top Bottom