• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

haikira

Picked up this lot for $600

64hU9VP.jpg

Grats on the very nice bundle. One word of advice though. Throw The Wonderful 101 into that pile, and well, you got a stew going.

ShadyJ

Grats on the very nice bundle. One word of advice though. Throw The Wonderful 101 into that pile, and well, you got a stew going.

You know what, EVERYONE keeps telling me this..

Kamiya is one of my fav devs so i may have to jump on it..

Gameboy415

Stuff from the last few weeks I seemingly forgot to post:

1401-RetroMag1_zps25ba4415.jpg

-The first issue from the Kickstarter - I like it a lot! I'd prefer if it were monthly though.

1401-Games4_zps72a9c6fa.jpg

-I've already been playing the digital version but I couldn't pass up the Wii Fit U retail bundle for $65! I got the JP Pokemon Typing game from Amazon for a decent price - now to find a cheap copy of the Euro version with a white keyboard...

1401-Movies3_zpsb6edc554.jpg

-I already had the previous Blu-ray release of Akira but the original Streamline dub included on this release was my introduction to anime as a teen so I had to pick it up for nostalgia-reasons. :)
Wolf Children was finally on sale so I snapped that right up (SUCH a good movie!) and the other two movies were super-cheap on Amazon as well.

1401-Movies4_zpsd1e46cd0.jpg

-I originally came across the Tale of Terror From Tokyo series at a used media shop but opted to order it from Amazon as they had new copies for less than the used one. I'm glad I did b/c not only does the set include the entire series in one DVD-Case - it also includes the movie!
Return to Neverland was finally on sale so I grabbed a copy before it gets vaulted & I've heard good things about The Last Unicorn and it was finally cheap enough for an impulse-buy.

1401-Comics1_zpsd154c031.jpg

-I don't actively collect comics any more but I have a few older series I've been trying to complete over the years.
I recently got/read the Hsu and Chan TPB that collects issues 1-5 and found out that there were 2 issues I didn't have - 7 & 8. Amazon randomly had issue 8 in-stock but I had to turn to eBay for issue 7.
I decided to check the seller's other items and found that they had several other comics from series I was trying to complete and only charged $3.95 shipping for any number of comics so I ordered all of the above.
I now have every Hsu and Chan comic (which is frustrating b/c #8 ends on a cliff-hanger - argh!), every Captain N comic, all but 2 of the Twisted ToyFare Theatre collections, and am only 4 comics away from a complete run of Ren & Stimpy. :)

1401-Misc3_zps356ae00f.jpg

-I finally upgraded from a crappy wireless mouse to a gaming mouse and I love it! Plus I got it for nearly 50% off. :)
After picking up & being thoroughly impressed by the Samus Figma, I had to get Link as well. These figures are incredible!! I'm going to pick up Pit & Dark Pit eventually.
The Yurei Attack book is part of a really interesting series of "guidebooks" about Japanese culture/mythology. I loved the 2 previous books in the series - Yokai Attack & Ninja Attack - and it seems there are new/extended versions of both of them so I'll definitely be picking those up at some point too.

Yagami_Sama

I purchased a lot of things last year, a lot of figures,cds and games.

This is the first item I received this year :

u372.jpg

I pre order this one, and take quite a while to arrive.

Peaky

Neo Member
I've been wanting to post in this these threads for awhile now; so here's a 'best of' for the last few months. Bit of everything here. I'm a games collector, though now that I have a mortgage I can't splurge like I used to :(

Look out for me in the collection threads, I'll be posting some collection pics soon. Just found something amazing and incredibly rare for the SNES, though that will have to wait until the next thread.

DSC_0030.jpg

Finally picked up a vita and a few games. Not pictured over a years worth of PS+ games. Tearaway is so damn good it hurts.

DSC_0031.jpg

Just a few random games I picked up. Paper Mario and Gex games replacing ones I lent out but never got back. Lesson learned, no more lending out games.

DSC_0032.jpg

Just some soundtracks to add to my growing collection. VERY happy that I now own the Alundra OST. Hard to find and such a great soundtrack

pick ups of the month

high school of the dead color omnibus 2
slightly disappointed where this ended but it was still an enjoyable read.

pikachu decal for my rMBP
had to do a bit of trimming around the apple.

totoro <3
my first studio ghibli movie. really like it a lot and plan to get more of their movies soon.

BF4
got this from amazon warehouse deals. super surprised to find out the china rising DLC still worked

Ban Puncher

This month's haul so far...

zCxYSgw.jpg

Got a brand new Neo Geo X Gold system and the Mega Pack Vol 1 for a total of $100 AUD this morning. It's kinda terrible compared to my AES setup but it was a bargain and looks good on the shelf as an odd collectable. I do like the old school AES shock box the Mega Pack comes in though. Zelda 3DS XL makes up for the suckage that the NGX brings.

Wireless dongle for using 360 pads on Steam, NES games and RR4 were $5 a piece, got a brand new Prey for cheap to register on Steam, the shitty 360 game and the other one (play at home - you decide which is which!) were $2.50 each new and sealed, and found a mint copy of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3 for cheap so thought I'd nab that up before they all disappear and cost stupid amounts on eBay.

YomommaZ

Man of Steel. For 21&#8364; shipped from Australia to Europe so I couldn't resist...
img1824.jpg

Uuu I just realized my winter jacket is in the 2014 banner. Nice :)

The_Monk

hqzuZDV.jpg

My first purchase of 2014 arrived in the mail a few days ago. It's a custom-ordered bracelet from The_Monk's fiancee! Absolutely love it. I requested a snake pendant and she found one I liked.

Thank you very much fellow GAFfer, I'm glad you liked. Since everything is hand-made and it can be up to people when it comes to ideas/materials/colors/etc that one was a first. ;)

Here's the other one some GAFfers decided to order for themselves and it was shipped to them, if anyone is interested:

STk1Jqtl.jpg

As for my very, very late December + January pick-ups:

Shoes, Made In Portugal.

EfGL8Oml.jpg

Boots for winter.

qgBeDXQl.jpg

Wristwatch, got it as a gift and I simply love it.

rBjSYLZl.jpg

Book "Sleep" by Haruki Murakami. It's a hardcover and it has colored illustrated images too. Great quality.

Tb1nyiWl.jpg

For PC Gaming:

- Empire Total War & Napoleon Total War + All the DLC
- Rome: Total War Gold Edition
- Medieval II Bundle Gold Edition

AY5Ocial.jpg

Farming Simulator for the PS Vita from the January Sale, price was too low to pass.

9MN2RPTl.jpg

Tearaway

4dHIooWl.jpg

jpatez34

Neo Member
Going a bit off topic here, but I notice that you guys buy alot of game/movie/anime branded t-shirts. Where would be the best place to look for big sizes (4XL+) and who also ship to the UK?

JEKKI

You're Next (BD) - Already bought this on the PSN store and watched it, as I was impatient. Decided to buy it again though, as I really don't like owning movies digitally. Especially while the PS4 only offers streaming, for movies you purchase. It's a pretty fun little film, which I can see popping up more than once during my halloween horror marathons.
img_3394edijv.jpg
oh sheeeeyit is that Sharni Vinson?!?!

#maiwaifu

I am so gonna watch that movie now!!

5qyV5cK.jpg

Mech Platoon
Sealed!
I always thought this game was pretty interesting because it's an actual full RTS made for the GBA. It's not turn-based or anything like that; everything is in real time. It's sort of like mini-Starcraft with robots.

The seller sent it in a flimsy bubble mailer. >:I
Fortunately it didn't get crushed, but the front of the box is pushed in ever so slightly. It's not bad so I don't care much, but come on. GBA boxes are pretty fragile. Use less flimsy shipping please, sellers.

1Vl572e.jpg

Shaman King Vol. 19

2014-01-28-122804.jpg

Love this cover, cheaper than a domestic copy too.

Suda51 goods and AKGs in the background? Double win!

A couple of bits from the last few days:

Bibio - The Green EP CD (Japanese edition)
ibh5bEesZYO6FH.jpg

S.S.T. Band (&#12456;&#12473;&#12456;&#12473;&#12486;&#12451;&#12540;&#12496;&#12531;&#12489;) - Out Run CD (1992 pressing)

ib25KMPAkyXC7K.jpg

itF2Sd3qliKHY.jpg

ipqEvWBR4ye2m.jpg

SHORT PEACE (PS3) - Hybrid disc including 4 movie segments overseen by Katsuhiro Otomo, and the 5th segment - a game developed by Crispy's (Tokyo Jungle) with Suda51 on 'Scenario' duties.

iMfIPss0uvfxv.jpg

ibf9pXMf2Uj1vG.jpg

omgkitty

SHORT PEACE (PS3) - Hybrid disc including 4 movie segments overseen by Katsuhiro Otomo, and the 5th segment - a game developed by Crispy's (Tokyo Jungle) with Suda51 on 'Scenario' duties.

iMfIPss0uvfxv.jpg

ibf9pXMf2Uj1vG.jpg

Totally forgot this had a game coming for it. Shame no US details have been announced for this yet.

Yagami_Sama

Finally :

3ulz.jpg

My parcels are taking too long to arrive, things that I pre ordered in Ocotber - November I am just receiving now.

Top Bottom