• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

kxdQB.jpg

dumbbells!
What's the max weight per dumbbell?

yamo

I don't know why, i always thought that wireless headphones are not reliable.
That stand is hot anyway!

I'm not that well versed when it comes to headphones so can't really speak for the sound quality. I have a couple of wired Sennheisers that I never use though, because I can't stand the wires.

I've been using these quite alot already and they are working well for me. I enjoy the freedom moving around in my apartment listening to music without the wires.

masterkajo

Untitled.jpg

I haven't preordered a !@#$%^&* since Wind Waker (OoT Master Quest bonus disc FTW). I've never paid in !@#$%^&* for a preorder. I've never bought a !@#$%^&*'s edition, even back to my NES days.

What can I say, I'm hyped for this one.

Well done, Sir! I myself have 5 CE and 1 SE on pre-order... a bit excessive? Maybe... But then again it's Mass Effect. (and not all are for me - only 3 actually).

rataven

Posted this in the Lego thread, but thought I'd add it here too. Trip to the local Lego store:

fYDM1l.jpg

Grabbed the Pet Shop, Mini Modulars, Darth Vader and Dobby key chains, three minifigs from series 6, and then received a free Ninjago thing.

Silver Spoon Vol. 2
7fe85002.jpg

Great pick-up. Silver Spoon is a really fun series.

e5ab9733.jpg

Metal Sonic from F4F - first time ordering from them, really nice product but have to exchange the base since there's a small defect on it. This guy is huge, guessing almost 20 inches?

That looks awesome! The glowing eyes and sparks add to the coolness.

-----
My Pick-ups

- Frames done by a local business. Love 'em!
- Video game art books.
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on Blu-Ray.

N5Fzk.jpg
Iu5Vf.png
BGLlk.png
xZw2A.png

n6iyv.png
Mtkj6.png

Jharp

Posted this in the Lego thread, but thought I'd add it here too. Trip to the local Lego store:

fYDM1l.jpg

Grabbed the Pet Shop, Mini Modulars, Darth Vader and Dobby key chains, three minifigs from series 6, and then received a free Ninjago thing.

Fuck yeah

risk

Awesome, how is it working out? My brother fits people for these things...I forget what the job is called.

Honestly, it's almost been a year and it's still hard for me to get the hang of walking without at least a crutch. Pretty sure once I get used to walking normally, it'll be awesome!

Anyway these came in today..
ZXHYkl.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
395796_10150490214688883_507353882_8909243_1590507586_n.jpg

YES. The Spital Sangyo Co. Ltd. Programmable Joystick with box/manual/stickers is now mine <3

Took me forever to get a complete one of these.

McCloud?

DjFa7.jpg

Found a place yesterday that was selling a bunch of boxed NES games. I passed on a complete copy of The Adventure of Link, which I'm starting to regret.

Wallach

DjFa7.jpg

Found a place yesterday that was selling a bunch of boxed NES games. I passed on a complete copy of The Adventure of Link, which I'm starting to regret.

That's okay because you bought Base Wars, which is the best.

But you also bought Greendog, which is not the best.

robot

Oh man Base Wars was incredible. My friends and I played it for an entire summer. Completely unbalanced and unfair, but such a blast.

Axelums

Neo Member
Final lot for this month... Probably the next few as well.

IMG_00062.jpg

49p Wind Waker.... Couldn't believe my luck!

IMG_00052.jpg

Loving MK7 and I only paid £4 for Rayman Origins too.

IMG_00072.jpg

Big SD card for my 3DS.

2snpz.jpg

And what finally destroyed my wallet:

MyfirstiPadGames.png

Got some apps to keep me busy on it.

Ended up cancelling all my pre-orders for February, (Which sucks in the UK). Except for my MGSHD Limited Edition. Backlog getting too much at the moment.

Axelums

Neo Member
How in the? Amazing find!

Someone traded it into Gamestation. All GC games were selling for 49p which is weird since the trade in value is £1 (Breaking the system?).

Someone else was about to do the same, but my friend stopped them saying sell it on ebay for more. I would have bought that one too if it wasn't for him.

Pietepiet

retrohaul.jpg

Went to a Retro games con in the Netherlands today. Those boxed NES titles were like 10 euros a pop.

So glad I found Lammy, too!

McCloud?

Wallach said:
That's okay because you bought Base Wars, which is the best.

But you also bought Greendog, which is not the best.

I never played Greendog back in the Genesis days, but was always curious about it. For a few bucks I'll give it a shot.

hopefully they didnt hornswoggle you with the prices how much did ya pay for the CIB games?

All of them were $4 or less except for Castlevania 3, which was $10. I got lucky and found a store that doesn't differentiate between CIB and loose games.

Axelums

Neo Member
Oh no I misunderstood, I thought there was a special PAL edition for something that was different and for some reason had a distinction for it being called 49P, not the price you paid heh.

Oh, I see. hah. Just glad I got it so cheap. Clear discs too, no scratches on either. So glad to play it again.

Labadal

Sent a complaint to ebay since I got a bootlegged version of TWEWY. I was more lucky with Sands of Destruction. (Got this on Monday.)

Shitty quality pic incoming.

Scoub.jpg

Galdelico

I finally found one of these for a decent price... attached to my JP PSOne= negative fun, I mean portable goodness :D
Beautiful, I want one for my japanese PSone.

If you don't mind a couple of questions: how would you judge overall image quality? I've never seen one of these with my own eyes, and I read different opinions...
Also, do I need a japanese monitor or an american one is just fine (for a japanese console)? Thanks alot. ^_-

plc268

Got my Portal 2 decal, wow that took a while to apply. Had to be really careful peeling off the backing near the small lettering. Slightly crooked, but you wouldn't notice it unless you looked at it hard enough.

6697773415_8f12ccb88a.jpg

Mini PCI-E wifi card with bluetooth. Will be going into that CR-48 when my ssd arrives sometime next week.

6697772867_7075927a9a.jpg

JLG-

Some pics i took at some art galleries + my pick-ups

Just Occupy Gallery:

My Pick-up:

Adult Swim Art Show:

Seth Green:

Pick-ups:

Also got a venture bro's print but i'm in the middle of framing it.

Beautiful, I want one for my japanese PSone.

If you don't mind a couple of questions: how would you judge overall image quality? I've never seen one of these with my own eyes, and I read different opinions...
Also, do I need a japanese monitor or an american one is just fine (for a japanese console)? Thanks alot. ^_-

No problem. You can use a US screen just fine, there's no regional issues whatsoever.
As for image quality, it's great. I think it puts out a solid picture, maybe a little bit of ghosting but you figure, it's a screen from 1999 or so. Street Fighter EX2 still appears to keep it's 60fps frame rate, but that could just be me. Text is readable as well.

Shit, I need at around 85 lbs to do dumbell presses. Is there a similar solution for that kind of weight.

There is also a version that goes up to 90 lbs per dumbell. (Bowflex 1090 I think).

There is also another brand called Powerblocks that have a set that adjust up to 90 lbs per hand (and more, with add-ons).

JackEtc

Got my Portal 2 decal, wow that took a while to apply. Had to be really careful peeling off the backing near the small lettering. Slightly crooked, but you wouldn't notice it unless you looked at it hard enough.

6697773415_8f12ccb88a.jpg

Mini PCI-E wifi card with bluetooth. Will be going into that CR-48 when my ssd arrives sometime next week.

6697772867_7075927a9a.jpg

Nice man, it looks great!

There's a mini PCI-E slot in the CR-48?

Galdelico

No problem. You can use a US screen just fine, there's no regional issues whatsoever.
As for image quality, it's great. I think it puts out a solid picture, maybe a little bit of ghosting but you figure, it's a screen from 1999 or so. Street Fighter EX2 still appears to keep it's 60fps frame rate, but that could just be me. Text is readable as well.
That's great.
Thanks alot mate.

Bii

Dude did that camera in your post take this picture? It looks amazing, the clarity of the 3DS and all the game titles is amazing :O

Yes and also coupled with my Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L lens. Just putting that out there in case someone thinks that the camera alone can produce similar/better results. :p

There is also a version that goes up to 90 lbs per dumbell. (Bowflex 1090 I think).

There is also another brand called Powerblocks that have a set that adjust up to 90 lbs per hand (and more, with add-ons).

What's the change speed on the Bowflex set like? The Powerblocks are a nice cheap alternative, but from using them at the gym at work I find changing them out way too slow and cumbersome for performing a routine like P90X where you're going from one weight to another quickly.

What's the change speed on the Bowflex set like? The Powerblocks are a nice cheap alternative, but from using them at the gym at work I find changing them out way too slow and cumbersome for performing a routine like P90X where you're going from one weight to another quickly.

From forum posts I have seen online, they are of similar build quality and I believe they are in similar cost ranges. People say changing weights is quicker on the Powerblock because there are two dials to change weights per dumbell on the Bowflex. Also, the Boflex's mechanism is a bit more complex and so it has more points of failure.

I am thinking of starting p90x as well, so was looking these up online. Have no personal experience with either, so sending _dementia a note might be your best bet.

Top Bottom