• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

ArchAngel

Just got this today. Already watched 2 of 3 concerts :)
My most expensive DVD import.

11012012.jpg

I love my m-50's
What are your impressions on the e6 amp? I've looking to get one.

Haven't tried them yet (at work) but I should be able to try them while commuting home. Judging from the headphone thread in the OT, this should suit my basic needs for powering the M50s. Eventually, I'll probably look into something more heavy duty - both in headphones and amps - but since I mostly use them on the train, these should be more than enough for now.

milkham

Is that a cr-48 I spy?

Damn that looks pretty nice too. I got that crappy original decal on mine, and need something new. Been buying upgrades for the thing as I move to windows on cr-48 (64gb ssd, wifi card with bluetooth, and a broadcom accelerator). Probably more money than I should spend, but whatever.

Edit: And thanks to you, I just ordered this decal:
http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ST0119

I'll make sure to get a pic of it when it arrives

You can put an off the shelf ssd in the cr48? Details?

JEKKI

Where can I get this amazing shirt? :(

Wow, that shirt is amazing. Where did you find it?

lol this is awesome

Yeah, is this available online somewhere? : P

Awesome T-shirt.
I got it at Magfest! lol.

the vendor was http://sanshee.com/ but it's not on their website rite now...

I talked to the guy and he said their next project is more designs based on Persona and Catherine so stay tuned I guess.

chiQ

We have the Kobo here in Canada, and it's great. I would say I like it better than the kindle

Having used both Kobo and Kindle I feel that the hardware is pretty much the same. The only real difference is the file formats supported, really. I'm a Kindle App user on iOS, so I went for Kindle, but the actual usability for the two product ranges is close to identical.

isny

napkin dispenser
My big order from Games for Canada finally came in! =D

Most of this is stuff from Black Friday, but some is just general stuff that's easier to mail to a U.S. address.

Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction BR's from Amazon $3.99 BF sale. Winnie the Pooh BR from Amazon $19.99 sale. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang BR from DeepDiscount's BF sale for free (was $4.99, used $5.00 coupon they sent to everyone on their mailing list = free). Doctor Who S6 BR from Barnes and Noble sale $35. Tron Light Up Lightcycle 8GB USB Drive $10 from Amazon!

XgJqVl.jpg

WDW 40th Anniversary Pin for $6 and Disney Store Pumbaa Hula Plush for $5. Gundam Wing Blind Target and Episode Zero Graphic Novels, both for just a couple of bucks used on Amazon.

GSSBCl.jpg

Can't wait to dig into everything! =D

My rematched reddit secret santa's gift arrived today. An absolute hero for saving me from the lack of gift from my original santa.

more-science-books-for-me-1326334936.JPG

More books, books, books. I love pop science books.

Also, I love this new camera I got. These photos are a zillion times better.

Some additional pick-ups:

FMA Collection Vol. 8
d1433c6a.jpg

Silver Spoon Vol. 2
7fe85002.jpg

FMA: SSoM ticket
13f600b9.jpg

Beauty & the Beast 3D ticket
813f4b09.jpg

Washed Out - Within and Without (I own it digitally and now physically)
b8d867d3.jpg

Sofo

6658820877_ae748583bd.jpg

From left to right and top to bottom:

-Decléor set.
-The Kite Runner by Khaled Housseini.
-Skyward Sword.
-Harry Potter Blu-Ray 1-8 limited edition.
-Tales of Beedle the Bard.
-2 scarves and 2 ties.
-The Watercolorist's Essential Notebook.
-The complete guide to Watercolor.
-The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
-Watercolor porcelain mixing vase.
-Arches marten brush (sumi-e friendly).

Not pictured are casual black Hugo Boss pants, new pijama and CK One.

All this was for Christmas. For my birthday which was yesterday, I got another tie, a sweater, casual Sebago shoes, 2 watercolor brushes and a bag to carry all my brushes.

Pretty cool presents all in all. :)

plc268

BD-Rom/DVD Writer. Thought about getting the BD burner, but decided not to.
6685610491_30c78a3c85_z.jpg

Replaced my AMD 5770 with a GTX 570. Should give me a massive increase at 1920x1200 resolution in most games.
6685776307_8bdaaea72d.jpg

Cdammen

1326396925-2012-01-08%20IMG_2277.jpg

A really big and heavy Bronica SQ-A (6x6 camera), 80mm 2.8, 220-film back (buying a 120 soon), two Fuji Pro 160NS rolls and a couple of accessories (two different viewfinders), two matte prisms and a Capital lightmeter. I love it and I'm on my first roll. Gonna shoot a lot during the weekend to try it out, taking notes after every shot. Loving the square format, composition is a lot different than 35mm :)

Also bought Starfox 64 3D and Steel Diver!

Cell phone pictures incoming! You have been warned
This was an Xmas present. I think I love it. Or I did until my stepbrother jumped up onto it while I was using it. It has a weight limit dipshit! I'll be getting a new, unbent one sometime in the near future.
LXMVh.jpg

Hey, you need to turn this thing around the other way, so that both of the lower braces are against the door frame.

Atenhaus

1326396925-2012-01-08%20IMG_2277.jpg

A really big and heavy Bronica SQ-A (6x6 camera), 80mm 2.8, 220-film back (buying a 120 soon), two Fuji Pro 160NS rolls and a couple of accessories (two different viewfinders), two matte prisms and a Capital lightmeter. I love it and I'm on my first roll. Gonna shoot a lot during the weekend to try it out, taking notes after every shot. Loving the square format, composition is a lot different than 35mm :)

Also bought Starfox 64 3D and Steel Diver!

Very nice, man. I have a Mamiya RZ67 myself, and I love it. Enjoy the world of MF photography. :)

Rich!

Haven't got a camera at the moment, so no photos - but I imported a Nyko Powerpak+ for the 3DS from amazon.com.

Arrived on Monday, gave it a full charge, been playing on my 3DS every day with full brightness + 3D + wireless, as well as a good two hours on Chrono Trigger just now...AND IT STILL HAS THREE BARS LEFT

holy fuck, it's awesome

TomServo

Untitled.jpg

I haven't preordered a game since Wind Waker (OoT Master Quest bonus disc FTW). I've never paid in full for a preorder. I've never bought a collector's edition, even back to my NES days.

What can I say, I'm hyped for this one.

Untitled.jpg

I haven't preordered a game since Wind Waker (OoT Master Quest bonus disc FTW). I've never paid in full for a preorder. I've never bought a collector's edition, even back to my NES days.

What can I say, I'm hyped for this one.

amazon doesnt charge you until the item ships, just a heads up

SaintZ

I was at the store earlier today and saw this: (crappy quality)
8xEDo.jpg

I got the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection on Blu Ray :D I'm so happy because I always wanted the DVD Collection but it didn't come out in my country (that I know of) so it was quite a surprise to come across with this little package (I didn't even know they were making a blu-ray release). I've only watched Dream Warriors so far and I'm pretty happy with the quality.

Danielsan

As posted in the vinyl thread:
A wild Amazon package appears!

gkPet.jpg

Zola Jesus - Conatus (Gate Fold, 180g, coloured/patterned)
SBTRKT - SBTRKT

VUVUg.jpg

Damn, that coloured/patterned 180g Zola Jesus Vinyl looks so damn good!

Ufz9B.jpg

Banjoman

I was at the store earlier today and saw this: (crappy quality)
8xEDo.jpg

I got the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection on Blu Ray :D I'm so happy because I always wanted the DVD Collection but it didn't come out in my country (that I know of) so it was quite a surprise to come across with this little package (I didn't even know they were making a blu-ray release). I've only watched Dream Warriors so far and I'm pretty happy with the quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtiaYVyF_18

masterpiece.

RazorEdge

Banned
Replaced my AMD 5770 with a GTX 570. Should give me a massive increase at 1920x1200 resolution in most games.

Is that so?
I have a 5770 too. Everything else in my PC is new (i5 2500k), except this card.
I run into problems, for example, with Arkham City in 1680x1050 and I think everything on high. Skyrim also doesn't run as fast and beautiful as I would like.

What do I have to get to be able to participate in the High-Res Screenshot Thread? ;-)

I'm a german student in switzerland and so on a very tight budget :), that means no 7970 for me. (Apart from my budget, I would never pay so much money for a single gpu...)

Thanks!

Top Bottom