• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

Forsete

SEIKO watch, too bad the original strap sucks, I got a NATO one instead.
1AbJk.jpg

100 Nespresso pods
6fvGf.jpg

Some new bearings and linkage for my Golf.
xEoJI.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Dragonball Season 1-5 from the recent RightStuf sale. Total cost was $55 or just under $11 per season.

b00tPl.jpg

Forsete

really nice watch...mind if I ask what model it is? thinking this may be a good work week watch

edit: found it - Seiko SNDA27P1 around $150ish...not too bad....

Yup the SNDA27P1. There is a black version also. Remember to get a proper NATO-strap. The width is 22 mm. :)

robot

e5ab9733.jpg

Metal Sonic from F4F - first time ordering from them, really nice product but have to exchange the base since there's a small defect on it. This guy is huge, guessing almost 20 inches?

6a4b98f7.jpg

Had some Geoffrey bucks so bought lil Rick from Walking Dead. About the size of a small G.I Joe, really cool and detailed but too expensive ($23).

Gameboy415

I didn't get a decent paycheck last month until December 30th (including a nice fat referral bonus for getting a friend hired) so this is the stuff I bought during the last weekend of December that I haven't had a chance to post til now:

1112-Games2.jpg

Got this lot of random older games dirt cheap at Gamestop.

1112-Games4.jpg

The more obscure DS games are becoming harder to find CIB in my area so I nabbed the top 3 at Disc Replay and Gamestop.
The standard PSP games were $10 a pop and Ys was the only LE copy left at any Gamestop in my area so I picked it up.

1112-Games3.jpg

The Genesis games were $0.99 each in a big clearance bin!
I'd never seen this particular Spot game so I picked it up too.

1112-Blu2.jpg

All of these were 50% off at FYE in the mall.
Also got 3 Sonic The Hedgehog coffee mugs for $9.99 total. (not pictured)

And now the stuff I've actually picked up in January:

1201-Couch.jpg

I know the couch is hideous, but my friends and I have been passing this monstrosity back and forth since High School and it's finally back in my possession! :D
It's insanely huge and comfortable despite its looks.
I'm actually going to attempt to re-upholster it when I get some extra time/money.

Ironically enough, the day I got the couch into my living room my giant rear-projection TV died! :(
BUT, I talked to Sony's customer support and I'm getting a new 3D TV as a replacement at a huge discount! :D
It should show up in a few weeks and I'll be sure to post pics when it does.

Picked up the stuff at the top of this pic in anticipation of the new TV:
1201-Blu1.jpg

1201-Books1.jpg

Miraculously found a copy at my local Mitsuwa Marketplace. :)

1201-Books2.jpg

Grabbed these at Goodwill to use as a resource for some future projects.

1201-Toys1.jpg

Got all of these on clearance at Target.
I also found a smaller modern Sonic and a modern Knuckles. (no pic)

1201-Games1.jpg

I got an e-mail from Gamestop advertising some "FPS sale" and I figured $12.59 for MW2 and $10.49 for WaW was pretty reasonable. Got the last copy of Strange Journey for $10 too. :)

Better late than never, eh?

Christmas gifts: First, what my parents got me:

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Been a huge Marx Brothers fan for years, and I've been meaning to pick these up for a while now. Both are great collections.

Then my sister got me these:

photo.jpg

photo-4.jpg

The hardest choice on Christmas day was deciding which one I would watch first.

Oh, and because I couldn't ask my family to drop $150 on a gift for me, I bought myself this set with my Christmas bonus:

photo-2.jpg

Front View

photo-3.jpg

Top View

photo-1.jpg

Side View

Rush: Sector 1, 2, and 3. Their first 15 albums (Rush to A Show of Hands) digitally remastered and packaged in mini-LP cases.

In case you couldn't tell, I really like Rush.

Saroyan

Some new bearings and linkage for my Golf.
xEoJI.jpg

Oh man, I remember on my old Golf when I had one of those dogbone links break when I was 100 miles from home, I had to drive home with only 3rd and 4th gear. It was a bitch taking off from a stop in 3rd haha.

Jadedx

Banned

BUY A CASE FOR THAT KINDLE!!!

You would not believe how fast you can break the screen. I had to get mine replaced 2 days after I bought it. You do not even have to buy those expensive 40 dollar cases either, the 10 dollar moko case works great.

Nice, me too. Really nice pickups. Hoping to see them again next time they are performing in the DC area.

I got to see them on the Snakes and Arrows tour and it was an amazing show.

I'm hoping to see Van Halen, Black Sabbath, and Springsteen this year. I have the necessary vacation time saved up and my tax return will easily cover cost, it's just a matter of getting the tickets.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
BUY A CASE FOR THAT KINDLE!!!

You would not believe how fast you can break the screen. I had to get mine replaced 2 days after I bought it. You do not even have to buy those expensive 40 dollar cases either, the 10 dollar moko case works great.

I've owned a Kindle for 2+ years and carry it with me daily. Never had a case...not a blemish. GF's Kindle from XMAS is caseless and looks flawless too.

Pride

And some books:

foto2kk.jpg

Morgan Spurlock was just ahead of me in line at Comic Con picking up some Mattel Comic Con exclusives. The line wasn't that long but was cool to see him with his son (I assume it's his son) waiting for his turn like the rest of us average citizens.

kx11

Banned
Well it's the prefect time to buy soon-last-gen cards. Everyone discounts old models because of new one.

who buys the latest cards when they're out day 1 ?? usually they're useless until some eye candy game comes out and show it's powers

my old ati 4780x2 was awesome for a year and a half but dx10 got older and i wanted to play bf3 at full settings

Bii

My favorite purchases of 2011:

5536316472_0144d8b630_b.jpg

Canon EOS 60D. Body only.
If I had to choose my absolute favorite puchase of last year, it'd be this. Upgraded from an XTI that I had for a few years and this camera does everything that I want and more. I'm not big on videography so I haven't fiddled around with the video function extensively.

5976275669_bde3acb598_b.jpg

5976814568_14688795e8_b.jpg

5973358924_ee6be496f6_b.jpg

San Diego Comic-Con 2011.
It was my first year attending SDCC and was my second comic convention (I had attended WonderCon '11 earlier). It was crazy in and outside of the convention center; I loved every moment of it. I'll definitely try to attend again this year.

6696435431_b150eacdb3_b.jpg

Nintendo 3DS.
Without a doubt, there was a drought of big releases for the 3DS in its first few months, but it's picked up since then. I take my 3DS with me everywhere (gotta get them steps counted). A few games are still sealed due to just receiving them during Christmas and/or I haven't decided to play them just yet. Currently, I'm playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, WWE All-Stars and Mario Kart 7. If you're wondering why there are a few holes in my collection (Star Fox 64 3D, Resident Evil: Mercenaries), it's because my brother owns a 3DS and those games. I'm in no rush to add them to my collection unless they come down really cheap. As a matter of fact, the only 3DS game I've payed full price for was Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition on launch. I've spent an average of $20 per game. I plan on picking up a number of 3DS games in the next two months (Tekken 3D Prime Edition, Tales of the Abyss, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics 2012, and Resident Evil: Revelations).

6696437329_b6c9334405_b.jpg

Acquisition of Zelda video games.
I've begun to seek and obtain the Zelda titles that are missing from my collection. I believe these are all of the ones that I bought last year. This, of course, doesn't contain other Zelda memorabilia (posters, guides, soundtracks, etc.) and Zelda games that I already own prior to 2011.

-----------------------------------------

And now a few purchases for this month:

6696433437_ec6ac464fb_b.jpg

Stussy x Marvel: Captain America Tee. Red/Medium. $26
Copped a new tee for myself. The last time I bought a graphic tee was nearly 9 months ago. I'm very selective with the graphic tees that I buy now. I usually stick to v-necks and/or polos but couldn't resist getting this shirt at that price (after tax/shipping).

6696666649_4d018a69f9_b.jpg

Starcraft II: Heaven's Devils Collector's Edition. William C. Dietz. $15
#741/1000. Not sure when I'll get around to reading this (maybe before Heart of the Swarm is released?) but it came in a nice leather gift box.

mhayze

The stuff people buy...woo audio 2 looking positively awesome. Where? How much?

Woo Audio Site: Link, a little over a grand new. You can also check out the head-fi for sale forums for a used amp, although you would need some patience. Which headphones do you plan to use the WA2 with? There is a definite synergistic relationship with 'phones and amps.

mhayze

Just arrived! cant wait to put it inn after work. its that time were i replay all my favorite looking games :)

Definitely jealous. Still can't justify an upgrade of my 570 / 2600K combo. I may revisit the upgrade when the Nvidia 680/670 (or whatever the high end 28nm cards are called) are out, maybe in combo with a Sandy Bridge-E hex core.

Someone traded a bunch of RPGs into my local game store and I picked up the following...

2012-01-1.jpg

I have been searching for complete copies of both PS1 games for a few years and finally found them locally. Whoever owned these took great care of them.

6697201437_906f0cf51a_b.jpg

Never watched 30 Rock thus far, but I got it for a nice price and because of all that praise, I thought I should get it.

I also played AC1 years ago and never thought about 2, now I got it new and cheap.

Top Bottom