• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jergrah

Found DJ Hero new for $40 at Fred Meyer and both myself and my kids have been enjoying it.
Chew Vol 2 -- My favorite comic series in quite some time
Harry Potter Lego / Crackdown 2 / NCAA 11 with a custom cover, cant stand Tebow

fq5f.jpg

Also...horrible pick, but I picked up the Tales of Monkey Island set on Steam
ogws.jpg

CiSTM

Banned
randomwab said:
Any idea if the Nausicaa Blu-Ray is Region Free?

It is.

Region: ABC
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video 1080p 23,976fps
Audio: Japanese: LPCM / 2304kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz / 24bit
English: Dolby Digital / 256kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
German: Dolby Digital / 192kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
French: Dolby Digital / 192kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
Mandarin: Dolby Digital / 192kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
Cantonese: Dolby Digital / 192kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
Korean: Dolby Digital / 192kbps / 2.0 / 48kHz
Subtitles: English, Japanese, French, Korean, Traditional Chinese

Flek

Banned
CiSTM said:
It is.

holy fuck … ok ! But damn japanese blurays = making you poor

CiSTM said:
It is.

Wow. Hopefully they will give all the other Studio Ghibli films this treatment, that Nausicaa Blu-Ray is mighty expensive but it oozes quality. The US and UK releases will probably be half the cost but with a quarter of the content.

maskrider

randomwab said:
Any idea if the Nausicaa Blu-Ray is Region Free?

Someone answered already, I don't see any region coding symbol on the spec sticker. And I can play the disc just fine on my HK PS3 (region A).

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
mehdi_san said:
Just got my tickets for TGS :D :D :D Who else is going this year?

Yessir. Haven't gotten my tix yet but that's because I've been lazy and I'm going to the industry only days this year as well and need to pre-register still. As I found out last year, the crowds are NUTS on the public days (but I'll still probably go haha).

Regardless, SO DAMN PUMPED.

Danielsan

Shiv47 said:
Nausicaa Blu-ray. Lovely packaging. It comes with a miniaturized Animage collecting what I presume are all the original articles about the film.

IMG_0079.jpg
I need this.
That cover is gorgeous.

Manp

it's been ages since my last post in a pick-up thread so i have a bunch of stuff to show. everything is from the last 3 or so months but i'm not sure if i already posted some of them or not.

wall of pics incoming :lol

let's start with the last:

eve4ox.jpg

PS3 Slim (model 2104) to retire my launch 60 GB euro system. old console still work but has always been too loud to watch blu-ray movies the way i like :D
watched an hour of King Kong Blu-Ray on it and it seem surprisingly quiet moreso if you consider that today the city where i live it's been the hottest in Italy :O and i have no AC :(

2e16a0i.jpg

new adsl modem, new router (only model i could find locally compatible with ddwrt since i was willing to mess around a bit with it), and new gigabit switch. all by Netgear.

some new PC games from Steam (from various sales):
2ilfwx5.jpg

11jnsm1.jpg

2z5m82w.jpg

2ypln2f.jpg

- Bioshock 2
- DMC4
- Metro 2033
- Stalker
- Stalker: Clear Sky
- Mirror's Edge
- Prince of Persia
- Street Fighter 4
- Half Life Source

and from other digital delivery services:
2u5z32g.jpg

- Batman AA (GFWL Store)
- Resident Evil 5 (GFWL Store)
- Dirt 2 (Direct 2 Drive)

a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium
2zohxna.jpg

PS3 games:
313q5ty.jpg

- God of War 3 (horrible cardboard edition)
- God of War Collection (USA version)

and 2 months worth of Blu-Ray movies:
2u4n4nl.jpg

- King Kong
- Paranormal Activity
- Death Proof (lol wut?)
- Planet Terror (wtf? :lol )
- LOTR box
- 2012 (lol crap)
- Faun's Labyrinth (great movie for 9,90€ ah!)
- Sherlock Holmes
- Public Enemies
- and the remote for my new LG 42" tv

now i only need a new blanket :lol
sorry for the huge post :)

Shiv47 said:
Nausicaa Blu-ray. Lovely packaging. It comes with a miniaturized Animage collecting what I presume are all the original articles about the film.

IMG_0079.jpg
Oh god.. this is glorious. Ends up at about 80 bucks with shipping from Amazon jp :\

oj0ylk.jpg

Sony eReader PRS-600. Battery life seems off and the screen's more reflective than I'd like, but pretty good otherwise. Got a pretty sweet deal on it second-hand...

8w06qr.jpg

Clannad Complete Series (complete with dub) and Toradora part 1 Premium Edition.

I must say, as much as I love Clannad, the dub here really is quite substandard. Plenty of mispronunciation going on, and the voices just aren't convincing. For completionists only.

Toradora is nice though (even without a dub). Not unravelled that poster yet, looking forward to see if it's too "son, I am disappoint"-tastic to put on my wall :lol

2i8ya9f.jpg

- Persona 3 Portable. UMD chugs more than I'd like, but getting the US PSN copy would've required me to do account switching shenanigans on my PSP, so eh. Game itself is really quite good though. Maybe this time I'll finish it :lol

- Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru: Episode 6. Bloody good read. If you enjoyed the anime series, reading the sound novels is well worth your time.

- Lego Harry Potter. Better than it has any right to be :D

Absinthe

Forsete said:
Dividing head for my small milling machine.

4793098553_0915458f7f_b.jpg

4794337422_83aa9c73b3_b.jpg

This will be my first test.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4793726739_1376fd4fdf_b.jpg
Adapter for some screw bits. I have these nice little screw bits (with super fine tips) that I would like to use with my Bosch screw gun, but they are the wrong diameter, the Bosch uses 6.3mm bits, the ones I have are 4mm.

This is awesome! I'm a swiss machinist of 6 years, and love it when people take on projects like this at home. Even if it's something small, it's rewarding to take a piece of metal and create what you want out of it.

Varion

Tranced Shadow said:
2i8ya9f.jpg

- Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru: Episode 6. Bloody good read. If you enjoyed the anime series, reading the sound novels is well worth your time.
For a second I was surprised to see another Umineko fan on the board... then I saw your avatar :lol

Ep6 was awesome though. One more month until Ep7, can't wait :D

Varion said:
For a second I was surprised to see another Umineko fan on the board... then I saw your avatar :lol
There are probably a lot of people that actually like it, just don't openly discuss it. If anything there are probably people who at least watched the anime. Although neogaf isn't really the best forum to talk about anime/manga/visual novels or the like.

Gameboy415

sn0zc0r3 said:
Yessir. Haven't gotten my tix yet but that's because I've been lazy and I'm going to the industry only days this year as well and need to pre-register still. As I found out last year, the crowds are NUTS on the public days (but I'll still probably go haha).

Well look who it is! :lol

I really hope you guys can get me on that list too...
I should know if I can go or not by the end of the month, I think.
*fingers crossed*

kylej

Banned
Busy month so far. Some belated pick-ups in Tomb Raider & MW2.

IMG_0157.JPG

Bought a Bertby wall display form Ikea and mounted it today. Not finished filling it yet.
IMG_0130(1).JPG

and picked up my print from a local framer. Very pleased with the results. Love getting things custom framed.
IMG_0124.JPG

Also bought and installed track lighting...
IMG_0146.JPG

Results so far ^^^ Doing the best I can on a college student's budget. Nice to have a little corner of the world filled with things you care about after spending most of my year in a dorm filled with cheap shit.

Varion

Lostconfused said:
There are probably a lot of people that actually like it, just don't openly discuss it. If anything there are probably people who at least watched the anime. Although neogaf isn't really the best forum to talk about anime/manga/visual novels or the like.
Yeah, agreed. Still nice to see another fan around though.

botkiller

20100715-ccmq7ji2nw4xh7ifeqx12jhi6x.jpg

Games from the Steam sale.

20100715-rri9g3pc847gcq59ej6rkxj4in.jpg

20100715-f7jkajthhki5jgx1ke9qyb526c.jpg

New keyboard (G110) and mouse (G500) to play them with.

20100715-eict9cupqxu1h36y7scj71ieb7.jpg

1.5 TB drive that was promptly ripped open and stashed in my home server.

20100715-byse86j8ij8mxymnqkrf6kh57a.jpg

CyanogenMod 6.0 for my Nexus One.

20100715-j7ce1s9xw5x8c5gimib6bja314.jpg

Black Keys @ The Crystal Ballroom. Can't wait.

mehdi_san

sn0zc0r3 said:

How are you getting into the industry days? Journalist or developer?

Netto-kun

mehdi_san said:
Just got this in the mail :D
http://i25.tinypic.com/zukshh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice. I got my copy on Monday. So happy I received it before I am leaving Japan.:D

*Warning: Image blowout again!*:lol

Just some minor pick-ups since last time. I probably won't have too many games to buy the next couple of weeks (used copy of DMC4, maybe used copy of Hokuto Musou, Sengoku Basara 3 and Ys vs Sora no Kiseki).

Minor stuffs for PSP, PS2 and PS3.
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22201.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22202.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22203.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22204.jpg[/url]
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22205.jpg[/url]

Taiko DS 3
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL22206.jpg

White Knight Chronicles 2
SSL22207.jpg

Persona 3 etc just for the sake of collecting. Good thing all of them were used and cheap.:lol
SSL22211.jpg

SSL22212.jpg

More used PS2 games. Devil May Cry and Onimusha series.
SSL22213.jpg

SSL22214.jpg

SSL22216.jpg

SSL22217.jpg

:D
SSL22218.jpg

The new YUI album.
SSL22222.jpg

Sadly I couldn't find this for cheap from anywhere. But still cheap!
SSL22224.jpg

Vol. 1 of Ane Doki!
SSL22225.jpg

What I got today (DS remake of Fire Emblem 3, DQ Monster Battle Road Victory and Last Ranker with pre-order goods).
SSL22226.jpg

SSL22227.jpg

SSL22228.jpg

SSL22229.jpg

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Gameboy415 said:
Well look who it is! :lol

I really hope you guys can get me on that list too...
I should know if I can go or not by the end of the month, I think.
*fingers crossed*
Haha yeah, I post from time to time. I keep forgetting to upload pictures of recent purchases but one of these days I'll get there. Now that I have the new iPhone, I actually have a decent camera to take pictures with!

I'm sure we'd be able to get you on it. I still haven't done the pre-registration crap. Ugh.

LiK said:
why is it so long? is it just a design choice or is there some advantage to it?

It's modeled after the actual panel that was used for the TAITO arcade machine, almost as if it was just taken straight off. The weight and build of it is actually pretty sturdy... although I probably wouldn't be carrying it around for tournaments.

img_vewlixf_01.jpg

rvy

Banned
Netto-kun said:
Nice. I got my copy on Monday. So happy I received it before I am leaving Japan.:D

*Warning: Image blowout again!*:lol

Just some minor pick-ups since last time. I probably won't have too many games to buy the next couple of weeks (used copy of DMC4, maybe used copy of Hokuto Musou, Sengoku Basara 3 and Ys vs Sora no Kiseki).
Holy motherfucking shit at DMC and Onimusha. You're my new hero.

robot

n8NMONSTER said:
It's modeled after the actual panel that was used for the TAITO arcade machine, almost as if it was just taken straight off. The weight and build of it is actually pretty sturdy... although I probably wouldn't be carrying it around for tournaments.

How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. And where'd you order from?

xenix

After so many recommendations from my friends, I finally bought:

333dgza.jpg

Artwork book & Strategy Guide
292038o.jpg

The Game
2vjzhad.jpg

The Soundtrack
2m7zokg.jpg

:D

LiK

n8NMONSTER said:

http://www.hori.jp/manual/vewlix_pre-order_201006/image/img_vewlixf_01.jpg[/QUOTE]

oh, nice. must be expensive. *jealous*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom