• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkener2 said:
so I upgraded from my Nexus One (downgraded software wise boo!)

ay8t8m.jpg

Where did you get that wallpaper for your phone from?

LiK

LRB1983 said:
http://imgur.com/LRzJX.jpg
[URL="http://imgur.com/hdGv5.jpg"]Another[/URL]
[URL="http://imgur.com/LDAz2.jpg"]Bigger[/URL][/QUOTE]

thanks, wish there was a big one without all the effects. one of my fave ipod touch wallpapers. she's hot. :D

LRB1983

Banned
LiK said:
thanks, wish there was a big one without all the effects. one of my fave ipod touch wallpapers. she's hot. :D
She's a Polish model zenibyfajnie from Deviantart (my GF namesake XD). You can find the original pic there without effects.

Glass Soldier said:
BooksJuly2010.jpg

Got Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts et al. (German edition of course) for uni. It's a beast, ~1800 pages.

I have the English 4ed copy of this text sitting on my desk. It's one of the few bricks that I plan on keeping after uni. It's excellently written and has straight-to-the-point diagrams. Good luck w/your classes.

LiK

LRB1983 said:
She's a Polish model zenibyfajnie from Deviantart (my GF namesake XD). You can find the original pic there without effects.

omg, thanks! now i know who she is! :D

LiK

Kagari said:
http://novacrystallis.com/TV.jpg

58 inch Panasonic.[/QUOTE]

kickass. Versus XIII should look great on that when it comes out. :PPPP

btw, i sent you a friend req on Steam. :3

LiK

careksims said:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/careksims/IMG_0985a.jpg

Strong World Nico Robin and Black Rock Shooter. I also have a FF13 Play Arts Fang, but didn't take a pic of it.[/QUOTE]

sweet, can't wait to open my BRS figure. she looks great on display. wish they would rerelease the original with the big gun. too many bootlegs out there :(

[QUOTE=Paznos][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Kintaka/047-1-1.jpg

Lovin' Both!!![/QUOTE]

DROID X IMPRESSIONS please!

careksims

LiK said:
sweet, can't wait to open my BRS figure. she looks great on display. wish they would rerelease the original with the big gun. too many bootlegs out there :(

Yeah :( I missed out on BRS big gun version. I was like what?! 1 year too late to get that LOL.

Neifirst

Won these off of ebay and they arrived! I was so stupid to sell my sega cd collection 15 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I had kept my Sega CD and Sega Saturn collections...Lunar, Vay, Wonder Dog, Dark Wizard, Guardian Heroes,...

Today's my 21st birthday.

I saw Inception at the movie theater. My bro bought me 3D Dot Game Heroes, and we are going to Benihana for dinner thanks to my grandpa.

38282_412047081645_685251645_5139630_7184053_n.jpg

Gonna play after I eat cake tonight. I hope I like it!

Spruchy

careksims said:
IMG_0985a.jpg

Strong World Nico Robin and Black Rock Shooter. I also have a FF13 Play Arts Fang, but didn't take a pic of it.

Haha I just bought that Nico Robin figure randomly while I was in NYC, trying to collect all the strawhats + my aokiji and Tashigi I already have.

eva01

I really wish I had kept my Sega CD and Sega Saturn collections...Lunar, Vay, Wonder Dog, Dark Wizard, Guardian Heroes,...

So glad I didn't sell my saturn collection. But I feel your pain

Paznos

LiK said:

DROID X IMPRESSIONS please!
I've had it for 24 hours now and I'm new to Android so I've been messing around trying to configure everything but the screen is awesome it looks great, the weight of the phone is pretty good and it's not top heavy, the hump on the back is pretty small and makes the phone feel great in your hand.

The physical buttons are a tad small imo but they work well, The phone is fast the multitouch keyboard is awesome and I can type just as fast as I did on my LG EnV.

The Battery lasted 13 hours on the first charge but I was also on it a lot so was pretty pleased with that, overall I'm in love with the phone, lemme know if you want to know anything else.

LiK

Paznos said:
I've had it for 24 hours now and I'm new to Android so I've been messing around trying to configure everything but the screen is awesome it looks great, the weight of the phone is pretty good and it's not top heavy, the hump on the back is pretty small and makes the phone feel great in your hand.

The physical buttons are a tad small imo but they work well, The phone is fast the multitouch keyboard is awesome and I can type just as fast as I did on my LG EnV.

The Battery lasted 13 hours on the first charge but I was also on it a lot so was pretty pleased with that, overall I'm in love with the phone, lemme know if you want to know anything else.

sounds good already. thanks. ^^

I happened to come accross these two suspicious looking characters at my local Lawson convenience store. I still haven't tried them yet but I don't expect much from them.

DSCF0009.jpg

The slime drinks were kind of expensive. Each commanding 298 yen a bottle. They come in somewhat small, heavy, thick glass bottles. I was expecting them to be in plastic bottles.

According to the fine print on the back they're not carbonated and they are supposed to be syrupy inside. Kind of like a Slime I suppose. That's all I know without drinking it for myself.

edit: I drank the blue one and has a like a syrupy ramune flavor. The liquid inside is clear just like the orange one. Not very much for its price but it's nice to buy a novelty item like this once and an while. :)

I also picked up Star Ocean 4 for the 360 at BookOFF for a measily 500 yen. Every thing was fine, no scratches and the case was in very good shape. It's all in Japanese but its not stopping me from having fun with it.

DSCF0016.jpg

I got a new cell phone because i was eligible for an "upgrade". I had a palm pre but need to cut back on bills so I dropped the data plan and went back to the old $40/mo plan. Needed a new phone to do that.

LG Lotus Elite - i think it's pretty cool. Camera's not too good, i tried it out for this pick up post.
2lj2915.jpg

Made an inside and outside wallpaper to use. Spent more time on the outside one. I think they look good.

23h6a7p.jpg

sztoqs.jpg

Love the color on the emerald PSP - my favorite color, in fact.
34pl0uh.jpg

294nvq8.jpg

The Full DQIX experience! The guide is HUGE!
jhftom.jpg

My employer is going out of business, so they let us take whatever we wanted. I got these two really nice cabinets for game storage. They look nice in the living room without taking up too much space. I might remove the stuff from the top, i just put some of my favorite things up there.
23vcm7q.jpg

15g2vxc.jpg

And inside the big one (Current gen and portable games)
fjjll5.jpg

417oh.jpg

Inside the small one - xbox games and old systems/wii storage
k16i5k.jpg

Pickups are from the last month or so. Haven't taken pics in a while. I love browsing this thread but never find time to get my pics together.
DS Pickups!
30cwv9k.jpg

PSP Pickups!
eki7vt.jpg

Wii Pickups! - Sky Crawlers was only $10 and Red Steel 2 was only $20
2lvffup.jpg

360 pickups!
25tz0wi.jpg

I got blur for $10 new, L4D2 for $20 used, Sturmovik for $12 used, Singularity for $30 new, Mercs 2 for $12ish used, TimeShift for $6.50, AvP for $20 used, T6 for $15, Saints Row 2 for $13, Infinite Undiscovery for $10 new, and Tropico 3 used for $13.

wclh5g.jpg

I had some extra Gamestop Credit and found one of these. Not sure what I'll do with it as I don't want the camo PSP yet, but I'm sure it'll only go up in value as they were pretty tough to get.

And today's pickups from gamestop B2G1 and a local store. Rtype was $7.

s63nth.jpg

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
Just a little pick up today. Most recent Famitsu with tons of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd info, and pics. Also got lucky with the capsule machines. The arcade down the street had these Monster hunter figures There only out for about 6 weeks, only got 2 doubles...those went to the kids.

CA3D0039.jpg

Spwn

Crappy phonecam pics.
Getting ready for buying Playstation 3:
Kuva0646.jpg

Killzone 2: 10€
Final Fantasy XIII: ~22.50€
Brütal Legend: ~14.20€
Mirror's Edge: ~5.60€
Total: ~52.30€

Also getting Dragon Quest IV for the DS as soon as my friend get back from his trip.

Bought a couple of CD's too.
Kuva0647.jpg

Tool - 10,000 Days: 9.90€
Radiohead - Kid A: 7.90€

Update 27th July:
Kuva0648.jpg

Cdammen

Got it dirt cheap! 199SEK (that's $27) at ElGiganten in Ystad. I haven't payed full price for a game this year, being cheap is fun.

dTidLyiCC.jpg

I love the new control scheme. Also got Mario Tennis 64, I like the gameplay but the presentation is pretty bad and the music is shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So, I saw this lying around my friends place and asked if he'd sell it to me. Instead, he gave it to me. :D I've never really played Piano/Keyboard but I've always wanted to. It's already proving to be difficult to learn. Now I've an Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass and this keyboard. I just need a drum set and I'm all good to go hahaha.

2ymgcwx.jpg

Inception Original Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

Awesome soundtrack to an awesome movie. (Too bad the cd case had a small crack in it.)

25qxhk9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom