• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

chuckywang

Neo Member
Easystride said:
High and Low on blu-ray, completing my small collection of available Kurosawa blu-rays! My second favorite film of his behind only Ikiru.
hoNl7.jpg

<3 Mifune and Shimura.

Barnes and Noble sale? I got my copy for $10! Great sale! Now I'm eyeing Kagemusha, but don't know much about it. Would you recommend it?

alphaNoid

Banned
Celebrated my Bday tonight with my side of the family. Next week with my wife's side. Got tons of loot for an old guys bday but my wife got me a 430 exii to add to my growing camera gear.

Ill post the rest of the loot when I have it all next week. For now...

IMG_20110730_212124.jpg

JLG-

Easystride said:
High and Low on blu-ray, completing my small collection of available Kurosawa blu-rays! My second favorite film of his behind only Ikiru.
http://i.imgur.com/hoNl7.jpg[IMG]
<3 Mifune and Shimura.[/QUOTE]
Nice. One of my favorite Kurosawa films. I'm picking this up during the November sale (hopefully), already spent too much on the July B&N sale.

AkIRA_22

Gav47 said:
That is a really well placed radiator. Mine leads the water pipes over my GPU's heat pipes
1676587-sta72248_super.jpg

Also how hot does that top 5870 get? Doesn't look like it has much room to breath :)

When I was buying the case I noticed the extra fan mount in the 5.25" drive bay and instantly though of putting the radiator there, it worked out great, very low temps.

As for the top 5870, it is fine. I did a bit of research and the fan can pull in enough air from even that slim gap. I am thinking of getting this mother board soon;

MSI-X58A-GD45.jpg

as you can see it has the extra 1x PCI-e port to allow an extra gap between the GPUs, as your mobo does. Plus it has a USB 3.0 internal header for my front panel USB 3.0.

BorndatascalP

Neo Member
Acrylic7 said:
Borders closing sale
Yoshitaka Amano's Art book. I have no idea what Vampire Hunter D is but I love Amano's illustrations.
200+ pages
also Pokemon red from thrift store.

DSC00514.jpg

I love this print,... will Google for poster and other forms.

chuckywang said:
Barnes and Noble sale? I got my copy for $10! Great sale! Now I'm eyeing Kagemusha, but don't know much about it. Would you recommend it?
Yep, Barnes and Noble sale! Kagemusha isn't exactly one of my favorite Kurosawa films, but it is still very entertaining. If possible, I'd recommend watching it first. What really stands out for me though is the coloring of the movie. There are some absolutely beautiful shots that really stand out on blu-ray. Check out some of the screenshots on DVDbeaver to see what I mean :) And most importantly, the ending of the film is very powerful. Finally, I am such a sucker for the "It is Wonderful to Create" documentaries on each Kurosawa release.

JLG- said:
Nice. One of my favorite Kurosawa films. I'm picking this up during the November sale (hopefully), already spent too much on the July B&N sale.
Hehe, I am already looking forward to the November sale as well. Will definitely be picking up Harikari on blu-ray!

Nopren

CoachKevin said:
Did you put an SSD in it? I just got a x120e and ordered a 90Gb SSD from amazon last night. Hoping it really gives the performance a boost.

No. An SSD is, of right now, too big of an investment. But I'm eventually going to buy one. Would be nice with a price-drop thoughl;)

Saften said:
No. An SSD is, of right now, too big of an investment. But I'm eventually going to buy one. Would be nice with a price-drop thoughl;)
Ya that is why I waited for the Kingston to go on sale (on Amazon and Newegg) but I am guessing you are in the UK since the Edge 11 isn't sold in the US.

Hoping the SSD gives my x120e a nice boost. Would be a $620 investment to get a 11" laptop with an SSD.

Bii

Before heading out to SDCC, I figured now is a good time to purchase a portable GPS. I wasn't sure how much I would use it or if it even warranted a purchase, but I had some extra dough to spend, so why not?

5982723105_fdc27f92f4_b.jpg

Garmin nuvi 1450LMT 5-inch Portable GPS Navigator.. $170
It was a good thing that I bought it since it gave me a heads up on turns that I would've missed.

My SDCC 2011 Haul (most of it anyway):

5973358924_ee6be496f6_b.jpg

My favorite pick-ups from there:

5980068027_2013f8d898_b.jpg

5980068265_92882f3e24_b.jpg

Marvel Universe 16" Special Edition SENTINEL Figure. Hasbro. $65
This was an impulse purchase. I was waiting in line for the True Blood panel and a few guys next to me had these giant Sentinel boxes. I had spotted those boxes earlier in the day and was curious how/where I can buy one. It turns out, I would have to wait in line for a ticket so that I can go and purchase it at Hasbro's booth. I contemplated on purchasing two but this thing was a bitch to carry around all day.

5980627104_0d0a8e338e_b.jpg

Evil Ryu Vinyl Figure. kidrobot x Street Fighter. $11
As soon as I picked up my badge for SDCC, I walked directly over to the line where others were waiting for the Exhibitor's Hall to open. I made a beeline to Capcom's booth as soon as they let us in. I believe this figure is limited to 2000 pieces. I snagged two for myself. :D

5980072763_87a7bb3a14_b.jpg

Udon's Art of Capcom 2. Signed by Yoshinori Ono. $40
I was passing through the aisles near Capcom and Udon's booth and noticed Ono was sitting there ready to give out autographs. Unfortunately, I bought the Evil Ryu figure the day before and didn't bring it along with me. He was at Udon's booth so I bought the softcover version of Art of Capcom 2 so that he can sign it. I had wanted to get the Mega Man Tribute art book but it wouldn't really make sense for him to sign it.

5980067293_869c97b2fd_b.jpg

Vega Sketch. By Long Vo. $20
Just like at WonderCon, Long Vo (lead artist for SSFIIHD:R) was in attendance and was doing sketches. Last time I had seen him, I had him sketch Chun-Li for me. This time, it was Vega.

5980066721_295f103e03_b.jpg

Han Solo MIMOBOT with Carbonite Carrying Case. 4GB USB Flash Drive. $25
Tuxedo Sam x MIMOBOT. 4GB USB Flash Drive. $20
Walking by mimoco's booth and one glance at the Han Solo with the Carbonite Carrying Case, I knew I just had to have it. The Tuxedo Sam is for the girlfriend. There were a few others that I wanted such as Optimus Prime and the Vintage Batman; but I'll probably get those later down the line.

When I got home, I arrived to these two items waiting for me:

5980067089_9eae3bccee_b.jpg

13 Assassins. Blu-Ray. $16
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack. Free
13 Assassins was an impulse buy and the Ocarina of Time soundtrack was free from registering the game.

Lastly, I attended the Fables panel at SDCC by "accident". I was trying to meet up with a friend and he had told me to meet him in one of the conference rooms. I headed there and couldn't find or communicate with him (his phone had died). So I sat through the entire panel not knowing what they were covering. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. I purchased the first volume and when I got back home, it had already arrived.

5983284822_6e18b40700_b.jpg

Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile. Vertigo. $10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D. Nintendo 3DS. $10
Rayman 3D. Nintendo 3DS. $10

I had a $20 credit left over from purchasing Ocarina of Time 3D and Amazon was having a B1G1 free promotion. I took advantage of that and purchased PES 2011/Rayman 3D for $20 total.

Sagitario

Gritesh said:
I literally just bought this same chair from Costco on Friday. I like it alot however I feel like I sit quite low in it, the height adjustment isn't enough for a 6 foot guy, in my opinion.

Hehehe. Got the same one too (but from Sam's) :p

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know why I never contribute to these threads. I'm probably just too lazy to take pics and post them. Anyway, here's what I bought from Amazon in July:

Aihd6.png

Emily Chu

Banned
is there a problem with me that my last pickup was two years ago ?

a T410 Thinkpad laptop it's practically the only thing I own, aside from a pair of shoes, some

socks and clothes.

I look at all these stuff while most of it nice.

do you really need all that stuff ?

Emily Chu said:

a T410 Thinkpad laptop it's practically the only thing I own, aside from a pair of shoes, some

socks and clothes.

Really? This is what you bring to the discussion. A fucking reprimand and belittling comment? Jesus Christ

Ken

Emily Chu said:

socks and clothes.

Socks and clothes would make for a boring pick-up thread.

Bii said:
5980627104_0d0a8e338e_b.jpg

Evil Ryu Vinyl Figure. kidrobot x Street Fighter. $11
As soon as I picked up my badge for SDCC, I walked directly over to the line where others were waiting for the Exhibitor's Hall to open. I made a beeline to Capcom's booth as soon as they let us in. I believe this figure is limited to 2000 pieces. I snagged two for myself. :D

Dude, I will buy one from you and even do questionable sexual things if you'd like!!

So I'm moving to India for the next year or so, I packed some of my old stuff and got some new goodies as well. This should keep me alive for the next 12 months...

Some nice chocolate to begin with, I was surprised how good this is after I bought it at a German duty free store, wish I got couple more...
5995958494_9889affca2_z.jpg

1TB USB 3.0 Western Digital My Passport - $90(I thought it was a good deal)
5995427511_9b0539da36_z.jpg

BlackBerry Bold 9700 for my sister from Canadian Walmart clearance for $198, great deal.
5995431803_f53498ba02_z.jpg

Dell Vostro 3450, Core i5 2410, 4GB RAM, 14" LED, Finger Print scanner etc, I got it for $550 using some coupons.
5995462217_a1a0395390_z.jpg

Two of my old Xbox 360 controls lying around my place, didn't want to buy new ones in India. I think I got these during a sale sometime last year.
5996014354_a315d957f2_z.jpg

This is a stash, 256 CD's worth of pure JIZZ :D Around 150 Blu-ray's and 75 Xbox 360/PS3 games. I got rid of most of the Blu-ray's that I didn't want, I traded them in at different stores and bought some new games with the store credit. I brought the best of the stash with me, all I've got.
5995453217_40f62b2653_z.jpg

5996006094_1c56da0eac_z.jpg

Flip-flops, couple of them are old and few are new. I had a hard time getting a pair in India the last time I was there, my feet size is 14.
5995957204_8c80f9bb37_z.jpg

Belkin iPad 2 back case to go with the smart cover, the combo is the best and the slimmest overall protection available for the iPad 2. Awesome.
5995380883_9c6ca72610_z.jpg

iPad 2 + Smart Cover + Anti Glare screen protection. I paid a bundled price of $600 with insurance for the 3G version of this 16GB bad boy. The guy I bought it off, got it from his realtor when he purchased his house and he is just glad he got rid of it. From my perspective, it is a steal considering how the package would retail for around $750+ Taxes.
5995444341_95b801483a_z.jpg

Blue sleeve for my MacBook Air.
5995385493_7b589facd0_z.jpg

Last but not the least, here is my main purchase. 2011 MacBook Air, I got it on the launch day at an Apple Store in Canada last week. I paid $1250 with student discount + $100 iTunes gift card as part of the back to school promotion, I think it is a decent deal. As for the MacBook Air, it is fast, quite and light. I can't complain, however I miss my 5 year old White MacBook, it did good to me for the past 5 years, I got rid of it for $350. Feel sad that they got rid of those.
5995389629_d8e5098f7b_z.jpg

5995396489_603c626e5b_z.jpg

5995466219_546248582f_z.jpg

mike23

sweetvar26 said:
iPad 2 + Smart Cover + Anti Glare screen protection. I paid a bundled price of $600 with insurance for the 3G version of this 16GB bad boy. The guy I bought it off, got it from his realtor when he purchased his house and he is just glad he got rid of it. From my perspective, it is a steal considering how the package would retail for around $750+ Taxes.
5995444341_95b801483a_z.jpg

Are those bubbles in the screen protector or just a weird angle or something?

Gav47

Grinchy said:
I don't know why I never contribute to these threads. I'm probably just too lazy to take pics and post them. Anyway, here's what I bought from Amazon in July:

Aihd6.png
I think you're meant to post actual pictures of the things you buy not just print screens, look at the thread title.

mike23 said:
Are those bubbles in the screen protector or just a weird angle or something?

Bubbles, I messed it up, didn't get to install it right, but the good thing is, there are few on the actual screen and are negligible when using the iPad.

dubc35

Norante said:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z72/Norante/IMG_3358.jpg
Sweet, please post pics of the model when you're done. The book is awesome too. I'm only about half way through it myself.

Phew.. big pick up this weekend. Went to the local Goodwill and saw this sitting in the corner, price tag said $49, and yeah the bezel cracked off, but then took the tag up and bam $27 because it was half off of TV's yesterday :D

IMG_2005.jpg

RoryDropkick said:
Phew.. big pick up this weekend. Went to the local Goodwill and saw this sitting in the corner, price tag said $49, and yeah the bezel cracked off, but then took the tag up and bam $27 because it was half off of TV's yesterday :D

IMG_2005.jpg
Congrats dude. The SNES and Dreamcast (and Duo?) in the reflection bring a smile to my face.

_dementia said:
Congrats dude. The SNES and Dreamcast (and Duo?) in the reflection bring a smile to my face.

Thanks, fellow NEogaf member Hikarutilmitt also helped lug that thing in, and he can attest to it's beautiful picture :D

And that is my Duo-R sitting there in the background, first thing I tried on it was Valis 2 then Dracula X. Also tried the Saturn/PS2/Famicom and they all look great although on the SNES and Famicom there were some refresh issues strangely enough.

To cap off July. Bring on August.

Timbuk2 Kindle case:
P1010271.jpg

P1010272.jpg

Manga, pen, notebook, candy & Catherine:
P1010273.jpg

P1010275.jpg

Not pictured is my OoT Club Nintendo OST, though I received it earlier this month.

sweetvar26 said:
Bubbles, I messed it up, didn't get to install it right, but the good thing is, there are few on the actual screen and are negligible when using the iPad.

I envy you. It's not even my iPad and those bubbles bug the hell out of me T_T

Grinchy

Banned
Gav47 said:
I think you're meant to post actual pictures of the things you buy not just print screens, look at the thread title.
Ah! I think I'm banned! lol

I see people posting pictures they take of their PSN/XBLA accounts all the time, so I figured this was essentially the same thing. Guess not. I will not be a bother in this thread again, as I do not own a camera.

a1m

Banned
Grinchy said:
Ah! I think I'm banned! lol

I see people posting pictures they take of their PSN/XBLA accounts all the time, so I figured this was essentially the same thing. Guess not. I will not be a bother in this thread again, as I do not own a camera.
They take a photo of the screen.

Emily Chu said:

socks and clothes.

I see what you're saying, but don't be so passive aggressive about it dude(dudette).

You're just as bad as you think these people are by being a lil bitch and telling people how amazing you are that you haven't posted in here in 2 years and don't own many possessions(which is commendable btw). Yet here you are presumably perusing this thread and being butt hurt by it.

GTFO if you don't like people who post there shit.

Amagon

RoryDropkick said:

IMG_2005.jpg
I got that tv for free from my exboss a couple years back!!! Some good shit there but holy geezus, shit is heavy!!!! Took 4 guys to bring it down to my basement here.!

Emily Chu said:

socks and clothes.

Well this is a video game forum and gamers are known to spend a lot on their hobby. Stands to reason they'd buy a lot in general.

Since you're posting here presumably you are or were a gamer, so I'd expect you understand in some respect. I'm curious if you don't buy games/consoles/etc anymore then?

NEO0MJ

Para bailar La Bomba said:
How are the Earsuits? I'm thinking of picking-up a pair. Do you plan on using them for gaming?

Can't really tell how good, I don't have much experience with headphones and only got them today. Have no plans to use them for gaming, unless it's on a portable. There might be better choices for gaming out there.

QP3

sweetvar26 said:
So I'm moving to India for the next year or so, I packed some of my old stuff and got some new goodies as well. This should keep me alive for the next 12 months...

A. Nice Pickups

B. Awesome avatar!

a1m said:
They take a photo of the screen.

Well in the past it's just always depended on what it is. Physical goods get real pics, digital goods are fine with screencaps. The title was more for the early days when people would google whatever they bought and post stock pictures.

I miss you Pharmacy! :p

Emily Chu

Banned
randomlyrossy said:
Well this is a video game forum and gamers are known to spend a lot on their hobby. Stands to reason they'd buy a lot in general.

Since you're posting here presumably you are or were a gamer, so I'd expect you understand in some respect. I'm curious if you don't buy games/consoles/etc anymore then?

I was a gamer actually since the good ole NES days.
it was a life changing realization, "you can't take it with you" none of it
and that having a lot of stuff just weighs you down, emotionally, mentally and psychically.
now if you gave me something nice say a new laptop or a watch I would just sell it on

ebay because I never needed it in the first place.
sold everything in the past two years.
all I have left is a backpack, a laptop, and a pair of shoes and the clothes on my back
after college. it's liberating to say the least, I no longer fear fires.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Emily Chu said:
and that having a lot of stuff just weighs you down, emotionally, mentally and psychically.
Not really. It makes moving a huge pain in the ass, but generally people buy items that they expect to enjoy and like to have around.

Emily Chu said:
I was a gamer actually since the good ole NES days.

it was a life changing realization, "you can't take it with you" none of it

now if you gave me something nice say a new laptop or a watch I would just sell it on

ebay because I never needed it in the first place.

sold everything in the past two years.

all I have left is a backpack, a laptop, and a pair of shoes and the clothes on my back

after college.

it's liberating to say the least, I no longer fear fires.

OK, but don't you need to different kinds of clothes for formal/informal occasions. Or what about weather?

I have less stuff these days too but it is because of things like netflix steaming and not having time to play games on multiple consoles.

Top Bottom