• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Borman

IMG_0701.jpg

Prototype 360 controller from a member here :)

Ledsen

guest1321 said:
[IM]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12729636/NeoGaf/Pick-Up/July%202011/Bioshock%20TV.JPG[/IMG]
BIOSHOCK [Game]...ten dollars
BIOSHOCK [Book]...16 dollars
Getting a sweet new 50" TV to play Bioshock series on...priceless

But actually though: free.

What kind of TV is that? Looks weird.

Borman

_dementia said:
Neat. I saw that in the Buy/Trade/sell thread and was quite tempted to pick it up myself.

Ive always wanted to check one out, its pretty neat without the guide button and such. Looks good next to my Xbox 1 Alpha Dev Kit for now anyway

Loxley

New wireless Logitech mini-keyboard, I think its my favorite keyboard evar, especially for the price.

A few games to keep me busy for the rest of the summer.

Ulchie

Banned
rahimlee said:
I am fast. Waited for the price to drop for the last 2 years, finally bit the bullet.

IMG_1268.jpg
Worth it? I'm debating it. I am now going to be sending my computer back for them to replace the mobo. I could do it myself but I paid for warranty and they will do it for free. Might as well let em. I had the P8P67 at release so I still have the defective sata ports.

Games, Music, and Movies .... Once again crappy 3ds pics

Fatal Frame
c5f82523.jpg

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
7b586c8e.jpg

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
a92e1a98.jpg

I just watched Until the Light Takes Us.....

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
3ba0a022.jpg

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
ed1b0281.jpg

Mayhem - Of Lord Satans Mysteries <----- Bootleg - Its a rehearsal from Spring 1989
b5610b0f.jpg

Movies

Ju-On - White Ghost Black Ghost ---- Im really happy to get this I love The Ju-On series
b427d7de.jpg

Dead Waves
f72eaee6.jpg

Ju-Rei : The Uncanny
f3e89b60.jpg

Negaiido

8BitsAtATime said:
Movies

Ju-On - White Ghost Black Ghost ---- Im really happy to get this I love The Ju-On series
b427d7de.jpg

Dead Waves
f72eaee6.jpg

Ju-Rei : The Uncanny
f3e89b60.jpg

What's Ju-on - White Ghost Black Ghost? continuation of Ju-on? What about the rest ? Are they any good, never heard of Dead Waves and especially not Ju-rei.

Cheska

Kagari said:
Now I just need to find somewhere that does framing at a decent price.

It's a HUGE pain to find a frame for it since it's dimensions are 22x36 and most posters are 24x36. I managed to find a way around it, but it took three days of experimenting with other options. How did you get it? Were you at SDCC too?

Gintamen

Out of curiosity, wood is the only real material for framing or can look just alumunium good? Still have to buy a frame for the nice Thane Lithograph I got... last year.^^

Negaiido said:
What's Ju-on - White Ghost Black Ghost? continuation of Ju-on? What about the rest ? Are they any good, never heard of Dead Waves and especially not Ju-rei.

If I remember right they made White Ghost Black Ghost for the 10th anniversary of The Ju-on series. I dont think they have much to do with the previous movies but I cant say for sure, I havent watched them yet. Dead Waves and Ju-Rei have been on my wish list for awhile...i jumped on Ju-rei because I saw it was the last one on amazon and Dead waves was only $5. Im going to give them a watch this weekend and I"ll let you know if they are any good.

Power Conditioners can improve picture and/or sound quality if your home has bad wiring or interference. It's pretty easy to tell if you do, sometimes if you turn on something else that draws a lot of power that is running on the same line you will see lines are other distortion on the screen. My sub woofer makes a loud buzzing noise whenever I have my Dish Network co-axil cable plugged into the receiver, I am wondering if a decent power conditioner might fix that...

2jtjth.jpg

21exagw.jpg

8z8p.jpg

Sade and concert was tight. She doesn't look a day over 30 (even though she's like 50 something), and sounds exactly like she does on all the albums (except when she talks, then she just sounds like a Brit!). We were like 45 minutes late so we missed a lot of John Legend, but made it in time for Ordinary People. Got the tickets for cheap on Groupon, and that combined with our tardiness ensured we got the most nosebleed seats possible, but it was still cool. Wish my battery hadn't died on my phone, but I did record a few videos.

Gameboy415

I'm saving up for a major bill that's due in September (property tax, ugh) so this was a somewhat low-key month for me:

My friends volunteered my house for the 4th of July so I had to pick up a grill:
1107Grill.jpg

Also picked up the following, most of which was on clearance/cheap:

1107Sony.jpg

PS3 - 007 Bloodstone - $10 @ Gamestop
PS3 - Singularity - $5 @ Sears
PS3 - Mortal Kombat - Free prize from work! I hated the MK games as a kid but this one is fantastic!
PS3 - Oblivion 5th Anniversary - Pre-ordered this ages ago when I heard it would have a limited print run. Pretty miffed it has a greatest hits stripe when the online art shows a black label. Oh well.
PS3 - Catherine Deluxe Edition - Another pre-order from when the Deluxe Edition was supposedly "pre-order only".
PSP - Star Ocean: First Departure - $15 @ Sears
PSP - Death Jr. 2 - $3 @ Sears. I liked the first one so I figured for $3 I'd give it a whirl.

1107Games1.jpg

Wii - Mystery Case Files - Was only $15 on Amazon for some strange reason so I jumped on it.
Wii - Dragon's Lair Trilogy - Last copy @ my local Target for $15.
NES - MTV's Remote Control - randomly found this @ Goodwill
360 - Trials/Limbo/Splosion Man - $10 @ Best Buy
360 - Prey - $6 @ Sears
DS - Tron: Evolution - I found out that the games on various platforms fill in the story between Tron and Tron Legacy so I'm planning to play them all as I find them at bargain prices. Next up is the one on Wii!

1107Movies.jpg

CD - Incubus - If Not Now, When? - First CD I've bought in ages but I've got to support my favorite band!
DVD - Rocko's Modern Life Season 1 - one of my all-time favorite shows!
DVD - Ren & Stimpy: Lost Episodes - somewhat disappointing, but cheap
Blu - Rango - ridiculously great animation and a decently original story too
Blu - Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend - I had this on VHS as a kid and was shocked to find it on Blu-Ray - for $5 no less!
Blu - Ernest Scared Stupid - My favorite Ernest movie, also only $5. :)

I also had to pick up/order some parts and tools to try to fix my beloved XBR960 HDTV.
I'm going to do my best to fix it over the weekend!

rahimlee

Neo Member
Worth it? I'm debating it. I am now going to be sending my computer back for them to replace the mobo. I could do it myself but I paid for warranty and they will do it for free. Might as well let em. I had the P8P67 at release so I still have the defective sata ports.

It's pretty fast and I can boot up in around 20-30 secs still haven't finished updating windows, but everything loads as fast as I can click. I am enjoying it.

Ken

AbsoluteZero said:
I thought the Catherine Box Art was getting modified/censored for US release?

There's an alternate cover available through online retailers for people uncomfortable with the default cover.

Looks like this:

g47565jtwjh.jpg

Johnny

_dementia said:
5989190132_9ae56742eb_b.jpg

Hoshi no Kirby 2.

Kirby's Dreamland was my first Game Boy game ever, but I haven't played the sequel until now.
Nice picture.

I've started collecting for the Game Boy Advance recently, picking up bundles people have advertised on Kijiji, taking what I want from them and selling the rest. I got all of this for free, basically.

icryY.jpg

That's pure joy radiating from those games.

plc268

LeleSocho said:
Woah it seems a stand alone MBP keyboard... cool.

Except, it's not backlit.

I'm still waiting for the day that logitech (or any company really) creates a chiclet style keyboard with backlit keys and basic media controls (volume, play, pause). I don't care if it's wired or wireless. But seriously, I just basically want the keyboard from my MBP in a desktop form. Plenty of keyboards offer 2 out of my 3 wants, but never all 3.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
My Asus laptop has a backlit keyboard, pretty awesome feature. You can lower and raise the LED brightness with hotkeys.

Gvaz said:
Monster is overpriced garbage.

Monoprice is much better, also cheaper

Also a surge protector isn't going to do shit for your video quality, it will just keep major surges from ruining your equipment.

If you really wanted to protect your electronics, you'd get a line conditioner with a surge protector built in.

True I normally would never buy monster, but the deal I got for the surge protector, and for my 2 HDP2500 Power Centers cannot be beat. 180.00 for all 3

Acrylic7

Borders closing sale
Yoshitaka Amano's Art book. I have no idea what Vampire Hunter D is but I love Amano's illustrations.
200+ pages
also Pokemon red from thrift store.

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

Acrylic7 said:
Borders closing sale
Yoshitaka Amano's Art book. I have no idea what Vampire Hunter D is but I love Amano's illustrations.
200+ pages
also Pokemon red from thrift store.
Dude...you havent seen Vampire Hunter D? its really, really excellent. better than Blood the Last vampire. the movie, lore and story is just amazing.

Top Bottom