• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Carnby

Love all these Batman pickups, my contribution:

iyu8a.jpg

Btw ChryZ those KH pickups are pristine

Where did you get this Bane shirt?

I have 0 idea of how to take photos of things like this but my biggest pickup for a while is this.

Clevo P170HM Laptop.
17.3" 1080p LED Screen(its beautiful)
2720QM 2.8ghz Ivy Bridge
16GB DDR3 1600mhz
Nvidia GTX680m 4gb
128gb Samsung 830 Series SSD
128gb Silicon Power SATA3 SSD

And it has a pretty back-lit keyboard. Split up into 3 sections, different colors can be set for each of the 3 sections.

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

It is a beautiful machine. However at this current point in time there are no drivers for the GTX680m. What the hell nvidia :(

Built a new Rig yesterday.

Kg2K5l.jpg

BtqBVl.jpg

Final spec:
Intel Core i5 3570k
GTX 670 FTW
8gb Ripjaw RAM
500gb HDD
650w Antec PSU
AsRock Extreme4 Z77 Mobo
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Beckx

th_AsianThumbsUp.gif

Where did you get those though?

I have the first 2 and after those the volumes seem to sell for like 30-40$ :(

You win the internet and made my day with a Chow Yun Fat gif.

prepare to pay through the teeth for the out of print jojo's bizarre adventure volumes. i paid $55 for one volume!

Amazon US has almost everything in stock, I was able to get all 16 US volumes (the others are en route) for under $150, because they are running 4 for the price of 3 deals. Had to get vol 1 (new) and vols 4 and 6 (used - good) from sellers on Amazon, but each was under $10. taking a bit of a flyer on the two used copies but new prices for those two are insane.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got some spiffy stuff this week

DC: Bangai-O, Shenmue
shenmue-o.jpg

Generations Lost(Genesis), Trick Style(DC)
generationstyle.jpg

NES: The Chess Master
chessmaster.jpg

NES: Friday the 13th, Stinger
fridaythe13thdestroystingerifyoucan.jpg

2600: Centipede, Donkey Kong
kongipede.jpg

2600:Outlaw, Combat
outlawcombat.jpg

2600:Human Cannonball(damaged label :(), Crystal Castles
humancastles.jpg

2600:pac-Man, Pitfall (both damaged labels will prob rebuy them later on)
pacfall.jpg

2600:Frogger, Starwars: Empire Strikes Back
froggerwarsfroggerstrikesback.jpg

Got a new laptop for email and internet stuff when I am away from home. It is 100x better than the last netbook I checked out (Lenovo x120).

Acer AO765 and runs $279 right now at Best Buy.

It has a Intel Celuron processor based of the Intel i5 architecture. Has 2 ram slots for a max of 8GB of ram.

Luckily I had 4gb of ram from an old Macbook and an extra 128GB flash Intel Drive. Makes this thing super snappy now.

I have an older Aspire One (721 I think) that I love a ton, but I'd love to upgrade the RAM on. How was the upgrade on yours? I would assume that stuff would be pretty cramped already in the case.

Saroyan

got some spiffy stuff this week

DC: Bangai-O, Shenmue

Generations Lost(Genesis), Trick Style(DC)

NES: The Chess Master

NES: Friday the 13th, Stinger

2600: Centipede, Donkey Kong

2600:Outlaw, Combat

2600:Human Cannonball(damaged label :(), Crystal Castles

2600:pac-Man, Pitfall (both damaged labels will prob rebuy them later on)

2600:Frogger, Starwars: Empire Strikes Back

You're giving me huge fits of nostalgia with all these 2600 pickups man. Great stuff.
I think I have most of those in a shoebox in my closet, except for crystal castles and Starwars. I don't have any manuals or boxes though.

Beckx

Oh, Zojirushi. Nice pickup. Easily most important appliance in our house, excluding those related to coffee, of course.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
You're giving me huge fits of nostalgia with all these 2600 pickups man. Great stuff.
I think I have most of those in a shoebox in my closet, except for crystal castles and Starwars. I don't have any manuals or boxes though.

yeah its hard to pass them up most go for like $2 except for like donkey kong and crystal castles those were like $6 easy to build up a good collection like that

Home stuffs
jiF8j.jpg

dhN0s.jpg
Ooooh a Nest. If we move houses like we plan on doing I'm going to push for one of these things.

I'll spare you guys my Steam purchases but here's my new 29er MTB.

photo%201.JPG

love it, love it, love it.
Cool ears, I don't recognize the the style what were they for?

I am buying one of those asap. That thing looks amazing.

Any recommendations on a nice coffee maker? I just want a good single cup coffee maker and was looking at those Keurig machines. Not sure what to go with.
Ever looked into a french press?
hJnhb.jpg

They are cheap, small, and make a good cup of coffee from any grounds you have. There are some that are single serving pots, which is what I have on my desk at work.

chiQ

hJnhb.jpg

They are cheap, small, and make a good cup of coffee from any grounds you have. There are some that are single serving pots, which is what I have on my desk at work.

This, though we just call them plungers.

I have a double layer metal one, which keeps the coffee piping hot while it steeps, and for up to an hour afterwards. I also have a two cup version, for when I know I'll probably want two cups in quick succession. So simple, and yet so effective.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I am buying one of those asap. That thing looks amazing.

Any recommendations on a nice coffee maker? I just want a good single cup coffee maker and was looking at those Keurig machines. Not sure what to go with.

Get a Technivorm. They're pricey, but it's the best coffee maker I've ever owned, by a mile.

Beckx

Okay, warning, I am a serious coffee nerd. Here's the tl;dr version: get a Chemex, some Chemex filters, a Bonavita kettle, a Baratza Maestro, and some good coffee. My morning gaming routine starts like that.

What's true for espresso is true for coffee generally: the Italian formula of the four M's - mano, machina, miscela, macinatura (the hand, the machine, the beans, and the grinder).

Beans: you will not get good coffee with crap input. If you're going to use stuff from the grocery store or national coffee chain, don't spend a lot of money on anything else, because no machine and no grinder can make up for not having fresh, properly roasted beans.

Grinder: this will be the most important part of your coffee setup. It's less critical for brewed than for espresso, but still key. I use a Baratza Maestro for drip coffee & highly recommend it. If that's too much check out hand grinders, there are some good ones out there.

Machine: for drip, you could spend money on a machine - the technivorm mentioned above is probably the best of the lot. But if you're looking for just a cup or two, this is overkill and here is where you can save money to put toward the grinder. Get a Chemex pot, some Chemex filters, and a Bonavita kettle. You boil water in the kettle and pour it over the Chemex pot. The big benefits are that unlike almost every other coffee maker until you get to the Technivorm, you will have precise control over the temperature of the water, and you ensure that the water is evenly spread on the grounds. No hint of acidity or bitterness. Seriously: after good beans, the most important part of making coffee is temperature, and a Chemex rules. (If the idea of hand-brewing turns you off, the Technivorm is your best bet, but between that and a grinder you're getting up there in cost.)

Mano: the last bit is your own skill. A Chemex is easy, and you can find a ton of YouTube tutorials on how to use it.

Apologies for nerd-level detail, coffee is one of my passions. You can get good brewed coffee for an affordable price - unlike espresso where the cheap equipment is almost unusable by beginners, brewed coffee is easy.

LadyRiven

hJnhb.jpg

This, this, this! I love my French Press. I also like to use a Melitta manual drip coffee maker when I want just one cup. (It's easier clean-up than the French press.)

120291coffee_manualdrip.jpg

Haliela

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm mainly looking for something fast and easy for the work mornings, so I can brew a cup and take off without spending much time. A pour it and ignore it brew setup would be great that way I could get the coffee brewing, jump in the shower, and have it ready when I head back to the kitchen. This is why I'm thinking of going the coffee machine route.

Okay, warning, I am a serious coffee nerd. Here's the tl;dr version: get a Chemex, some Chemex filters, a Bonavita kettle, a Baratza Maestro, and some good coffee. My morning gaming routine starts like that....

Amen. Recently converted to Chemex with a new burr grinder and electric kettle. Best coffee ever. Guatemalan light roast is my favorite beans right now.

1QkHzl.jpg

MrJames

Placed an order for this at Amazon with a shipping notice of 3 to 5 weeks. I should have the Nexus 7 by the end of this week and was going to decide whether or not to cancel the Asus based on how I liked the N7. Amazon shipped it out unexpectedly and it showed up today. I'll probably end up keeping both.

My first post in this thread!

Photo2012-07-24104404PM.jpg

iPad 3 32 GB Wifi Only
Apple Care for my MacBook Air
Modern Warfare 3 (really find this game boring, only played it for an hour)

Loving the iPad!

Amen. Recently converted to Chemex with a new burr grinder and electric kettle. Best coffee ever. Guatemalan light roast is my favorite beans right now.

1QkHzl.jpg

I didn't really care for it. Nothing can beat the coffee my local coffee shop brews. They make it from an espresso machine, so it's essentially one tall flavorful espresso. It's so good - it spoiled me.

Opeth

Neo Member
Hi guys,

First time posting a pickup in this thread, been a long time viewer here and totally love this thread. Here are some items i picked up today.

MGS 3D Snake Eater 3DS Case (really love this case, its a lot better to look at then the standard black)

12 Cart 3DS games case.

yzDxj.jpg

imYUe.jpg

gXLt6.jpg

Pietepiet

do you have the other ones as well?

Nope. Despite loving the Classic series, there's something offputting about Kotobukiya's figures for me. I just can't put my finger on it :\

I really want the X and Zero kits by Sage, but they're so hard to find these days...

Nope. Despite loving the Classic series, there's something offputting about Kotobukiya's figures for me. I just can't put my finger on it :\

I really want the X and Zero kits by Sage, but they're so hard to find these days...

I have the Mega Man and Proto but I haven't opened them and I've had them for about a year. Something keeps me from opening them. I do like that the kits are so clean out of the box and painting them is really just icing on the cake and is what makes them so appealing.

Top Bottom