• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Why do I do this to myself.

kNGRS.jpg

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
04vb2.png

+ $107 vet bill to learn that the tumor* on my dogs throat is just a fatty tissue build up. About a 3cm by 3cm sphere. That relieved me so much.

ChryZ

LTTP, PCSX2 fodder

PC audio upgrade, Adam Audio speakers, Matrix DAC

Bunch of capsule CD imports for the collection, BR, Noisia's Machine Gun EP (CDR promo)

My very own desk Claptrap :D

Steam sale loot:

Doombear

So excited to finally be posting in this thread. It has caused many a drooling episode.

This month has been a fun one!
ibqOiomNb9Gz75.jpg

Clearly... EVO has caused some impulse buys for me. Very excited about these.
iuaXows2BnFJB.jpg

And finally my favorite pickups! Only 1 more to go to complete that top row...
iXqzCXpcKxJpl.jpg

As excited as I am about that last image, I am like a kid in a candy store about a purchase I will be adding in a post tomorrow. Can't wait!

These three pictures here are going to keep me busy for some time I would think. Not pictured are the two Ys games from Steam over the weekend, and Gungnir for my Vita.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm also one to upgrade to fibe. Not much of a difference in speed though, besides not getting throttled on upload now.

Before
2077018023.png

Now
2080269607.png

SUPARSTARX

TDKR sticker from TDKR Celebration day at comic book store
TDKR OST (where are the missing tracks?!?!)
TDKR Art and Making of book.

So batty!

7633719372_26be778acc_c.jpg

mblitek

I'll spare you guys my Steam purchases but here's my new 29er MTB.

photo%201.JPG

love it, love it, love it.

29er eh? I used to race Downhill and sometimes swapped to a 24" rear 26" front for short technical courses. It worked well for accelerating out of corners.

Where do you find the advantage in 29s? Do you cross a lot of pavement, gravel? I haven't rode in a long time hence my questions :)

Edit: Beautiful bike btw, you don't see many Scott bikes/frames.

EktorPR

Another case of the Best Buy sale here. Couldn't resist picking up Pilotwings Resort (3DS) and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii) for $4.99 each, for a total of $10.68 w/tax.

Almost felt bad paying so low for both. :(

29er eh? I used to race Downhill and sometimes swapped to a 24" rear 26" front for short technical courses. It worked well for accelerating out of corners.

Where do you find the advantage in 29s? Do you cross a lot of pavement, gravel? I haven't rode in a long time hence my questions :)

Edit: Beautiful bike btw, you don't see many Scott bikes/frames.
Well i'm kind of a beginner so take what I say lightly. I live in Florida so downhill options are almost zilch. I've only ridden it once and I just noticed it's a bit harder to accelerate but if you have the speed there's less rolling resistance, so things log overs and roots you kind just roll over them without much effort. Climbs, technical turns and accelerating are probably the cons while everything else is the pros.

29ers are the 'new' thing to my knowledge, who knows if it's here to stay other than I know a couple years ago there wasn't a huge selection like there is now.

Bii

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/418238_10150935904651646_460689948_n.jpg
Well this just arrived from Play-Asia :)

This reminds me that I still need to get a Japanese 3DS. Not sure if I want to pay the $330-$400 for an XL, though. :/

7634469288_77c9b34b9c_b.jpg

Shawarma (Charcoal). Obscurity. Medium. $17
Spidey Eyes (Gold on Red). Obscurity. Medium. $17
After seeing Marvel's Avengers last month, I always wanted to get the Shawarma shirt. Very subtle and only those who have seen the movie (everyone?) would get the reference. Also grabbed the Spidey tee. It was tough debating between the gold or silver eyes but gold won out in the end.

Mission: Impossble - Ghost Protocol. Blu-Ray. $5
Batman Begins (Steelbook). Blu-Ray. $5
The Dark Knight (Steelbook). Blu-Ray. $5
After getting three "upgrade & save" coupons from Best Buy, I bought these three Blu-Rays for $5 a piece. I already have The Dark Knight but it and Batman Begins came with $5 movie vouchers for The Dark Knight Rises, which I will see sometime later this week with the lady. And I got Ghost Protocol based on the positive feedback from other viewers.

Heroes of Ruin. Nintendo 3DS. $30
Metroid: Other M. Nintendo Wii. $5
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. Nintendo Wii. $5
Despite hearing how average Heroes of Ruin is, I can't help but purchase it. This marks my 43rd 3DS game. <_<
Best Buy is having their summer sale blowout and I was the only person at my local Best Buy on Sunday at 9am. There was only one Metroid: Other M (I grabbed the last) and two copies of S&P. I was tempted to buy the second copy of S&P but left it there in hopes of someone who is really interested in playing it to get it.

The Art of Finding Nemo. Chronicle Books. Hardcover. $30
HEY! No one told me that this was reprinted. I remember starting up my Pixar's "The Art of..." collection last year and wanted the book for Finding Nemo but to no avail unless I wanted to pay the $120+ that it was going for on eBay/Amazon third-party sellers. I did a random search for Finding Nemo on Amazon to see what products/collectibles are out there and stumbled upon the art book again, only to see the price for $30 shipped via Prime. I thought to myself "hmmm, must be a third-party seller unloading a worn-out copy or something". I clicked on the product page and noticed it was shipped from Amazon.com. A quick Google search showed that Buy.com was selling it as well. I quickly ordered and here it is. :D

Added more to my library this week...

0a98c5e9.jpg

8ab4c0b3.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, iPad 2 camera :/

The standee will join my 3DLand/MK7 and Mass Effect 3 ones.

MK7/3DLand one for good measure (MK7 is on the other/reverse side of this standee/dual purpose, lol)

leng jai

More Lego

9Lgsq.jpg

First four Game of Thrones books.

g2bl0.jpg

The Art of Brave. Not my favourite Pixar movie but the art direction was insanely good.

Yd6FY.jpg

Pietepiet

Kotobukiya's Zero.

Photo%20Jul%2023%2C%204%2049%2033%20PM.jpg

Assembled (unpainted, straight out of the box):

Photo%20Jul%2023%2C%2011%2020%2003%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2023%2C%2011%2021%2053%20PM.jpg

Still need to paint some details, but the overall thing looks amazing straight out of the box.

Maximus.

hI4DZl.jpg

Got Rayman Origins for Vita on sale.

OSJixl.jpg

Awesome poster received after watching The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX at the midnight launch!

AkIRA_22

Only pickup that really mattered this month:

Bz6Ae.jpg

As a NeoGeo fan, I was very pleased when I realized that her initials were AES. I'll have to work on an MVS naming scheme for the next one.

Grats mate, cute kid. Nice touch with the pad :) She'll be ripping it up online in no time.

Kukuk

Banned
Haven't had a pick-up in a long time. Sorry for the shitty quality, I swear this phone has the first fucking digital camera ever in it.

Sony MDR-7509 and ZX700's, to make a quartet of Sony studio headphones (on top of my CD900ST's and V6's).

Really digging the 7509's, the ZX700's are going to take some getting used to.

ChryZ

Is that BR bluray both movies or just the first? also great choice in music
Cheers! :)

It's the complete collection, both BR movies. I've mainly bought it for the first one though. The first movie is available as standalone disc, but its box art kinda sucks and it's pretty barebone in terms of extras.

Got a new laptop for email and internet stuff when I am away from home. It is 100x better than the last netbook I checked out (Lenovo x120).

Acer AO765 and runs $279 right now at Best Buy.

It has a Intel Celuron processor based of the Intel i5 architecture. Has 2 ram slots for a max of 8GB of ram.

Luckily I had 4gb of ram from an old Macbook and an extra 128GB flash Intel Drive. Makes this thing super snappy now.

Top Bottom