• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Loxley

Only pickup that really mattered this month:

Bz6Ae.jpg

As a NeoGeo fan, I was very pleased when I realized that her initials were AES. I'll have to work on an MVS naming scheme for the next one.

d'awwww congratulations!

LOL I'll happily take your "before" :'(

Mines about 300kb/s in reality... even though the speedtest says 2.4mb/s
Sure you got your b(its) and B(ytes) right? Mine was 1.2Mb/s which is around 150kB/s. I'm guessing yours is 300kB/s not kb/s.

Anyway very happy with it now. Cheaper than I was previously paying too!

That is:
Two tickets to Distant Worlds Final fantasy
Two tickets to Global Gathering
One ticket I got given for my birthday from two friends to Sundays SW4 Festival in london
cNSeR.jpg
[/IMG]
I also bought Two Tickets to Nitro Cirus at the O2 but the email is dull so not worth putting up!
Ive got a vinyl coming at some point this week TNGHT- TMGHT (LuniceXHudson Mowhawk) but ill pic that when it arrives.

haikira

Final steam sale damage.

Went a little over budget. But to comfort myself, i try to remember that i spent less than the price of two newly released console games in my country.

untitled-1sbj31.png

Sushigod7

Bz6Ae.jpg

As a NeoGeo fan, I was very pleased when I realized that her initials were AES. I'll have to work on an MVS naming scheme for the next one.

Congrats it's some of the hardest work you'll do but the most rewarding. Enjoy every minute!

JEKKI

I figure I'll put this here, in case more people want to know. This is my reply from just answering someone's PM inquiring about the GBA:

Well, it's not easy to buy. I bought them from chinese website (think: chinese version of ebay) called taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14045909056 <-- cable
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16536976988 <--screen

What I did was, I ordered through a secondary website called zarmark.com. They're based in China as well, but they have english speaking agents that help you order (you just supply them with item numbers and pay them).

The mod itself? Not too difficult. Requires a little modification to the inside of the faceplate... you have to shave some plastic off with a dremel or hobby knife, and solder one point (for powering the screen), but not too difficult.
arrrrrgh freakin Chinese!!! lol

I been wanting an Afterburner ever since I realized I could not only afford one but am smart enough to actually install it!!!

but by then it was too late ;_; but now the chinese are here to save me!!!

plc268

arrrrrgh freakin Chinese!!! lol

I been wanting an Afterburner ever since I realized I could not only afford one but am smart enough to actually install it!!!

but by then it was too late ;_; but now the chinese are here to save me!!!

There's an alternative way to light the old style GBA with a GBA SP frontlight (the more common gba sp). It's pretty much the same style of light as the afterburner, but more even. It requires disassembling the gba sp screen just to get to the light panel, and then you insert it in front of the og gba screen. There's plenty of tutorials on the internet. Recently I did this to my GBC as well, but it looks pretty bad since I scratched the light panel and I need some anti reflective film on the screen.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the pickup topic too much, but I just love being able to play classic nintendo handhelds on the original hardware, but with usable screens. My next gameboy related pickup will likely be the original dmg gameboy with a backlit screen. :)

Edit: Or if you're not into modding your own, you buy one pre-modded from the guy:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.107&id=15953144032

Comes out to something like $70 after fees and stuff.

Ban Puncher

JYOz8.jpg

Tetris Battle Gaiden SFC, Sailor Moon SFC and Burning Force MD - got a bug up my ass when they played Tetris BG on GiantBomb TNT the other week, been wanting to pick it up since they played it live last year but whenever it gets streamed the prices on eBay sky rocket. Luckily I got all this direct from a store in Shizuoka on the cheap. The other two are easily overlooked cheap filler for the collection.

LOTR Lego - inexpensive set and comes with motherfucking Gandalf.

Birds of Prey #3 & #4 - not a bad read, enjoying the series.

Yes Boss!

Great final pickup of my vacation. Another broadcast monitor came up for sale in San Diego, so I went down there and grabbed it. What makes this one interesting is that it is totally brand new. $250 and gas to drive down there. Guy who sold it bought it at an auction when a local school of his closed (has a little sticker on the back that says property of San Diego Community College District)...they had thrown it in when he bought a bunch of weight-lifting equipment. Anyways, it is now a double for me, and one for my place in California! Pretty stoked.

DSC00624.jpg

Cr0wn0

Great final pickup of my vacation. Another broadcast monitor came up for sale in San Diego, so I went down there and grabbed it. What makes this one interesting is that it is totally brand new. $250 and gas to drive down there. Guy who sold it bought it at an auction when a local school of his closed (has a little sticker on the back that says property of San Diego Community College District)...they had thrown it in when he bought a bunch of weight-lifting equipment. Anyways, it is now a double for me, and one for my place in California! Pretty stoked.

DSC00624.jpg
Is that better for running older games or something? Curious what it is used for!

Borman

Is that better for running older games or something? Curious what it is used for!

Usually they accept RGB, but even if they don't, broadcast monitors are typically a bit nicer than normal sets, even if they are often a bit smaller.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

DSC00624.jpg

I literally want to burgle your home right now.

Yes Boss!

Yeah, RGB via VGA. This one is just VGA and not the lower resolutions. I like them for Dreamcast or shooters on 360. I might try hooking up an XRGB-3 to connect up other older systems to it since that one has VGA in and out (unlike the Framemeister). Plus, old Sony broadcast monitors are just dead sexy, and cosmetically pleasing even when tated.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Bz6Ae.jpg

Congrats, she is beautiful... best wishes for the future :)

mr_toa

My 7 year old Giro Pneumo was finally laid to rest after a very nasty 60+ km/h crash during racing. So had to pick up a new Giro Saros bike helmet, which will have to serve now:

OTOfM.png

Rich!

Our netbook died today. So me and my girlfriend decided to get this:

iwdPNanmuQ8UN.jpg

Samsung 8gb Galaxy Tab (with a 32GB micro SD). My shitty mobile phone photos don't do the screen justice - the image on the screen below is pixel-perfect IRL, but looks like shit in the photo I took.

Anyway. It's fucking amazing. £180 was a bargain. It's responsive, fast, powerful and has a tonne of amazing apps (and that's just on the official store!). First thing I noticed online was a Wii remote app. It just connects, automatically. Classic controller too. So, after hunting down some decent emulators...

ibf2iQQk9mtBU7.jpg

Runs like a dream. So gooood. Very happy with it.

edit: and before anyone mentions - she chose the font. gahh.

Top Bottom