• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Devin Olsen said:
Yeesh, that Tangled cover makes me realize what an identity crisis the entertainment industry is in.

Blu-Ray 3D
Blu-Ray 2D
DvD
Digital Download

Make up your mind already... It would be nice if we could just have one clear defined winner and progressive forward with it. I hate old generations limping along, and newer ones failing to take over.

I completely agree, I'd have loved it if they disregarded the 3D BD for the set. Though considering that I paid the same price for the 4-disc set as the regular BD/DVD combo, it wasn't all bad.

Anyways, my latest pick-up is to show some love for the USMNT. Hope they do well in June.

IMG_3070.jpg

Still need the white kit, but that can wait a little longer.

Yuripaw

Banned
IMAG0113.jpg

Haven't posted on one of these threads since early Feb, so I figured it was time to update.

I've kinda gone handheld crazy this month. Pokemon Black was probably my earliest purchase this month, and I still haven't really gotten around to playing it >_<

Went on a Dragon Quest game hunt, and was lucky to find the brand new copy of DQ5 at K-Mart. Had to get DQ4 used though. Nostalgia was another game I snagged at K-mart cuz it was on clearance. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days was a steal at $6 brand new sealed at the Goodwill store.

Bought the PSP from my brother for only $60 though. I really wanted to play Dissidia 012, and The Third Birthday so it was worth it. Those games both seem great so far.

I was so on the fence about getting a 3DS. I bounce back and forth because the demo for Pilotwings at Best Buy did not impress me, but when I played Super Street Fighter 4 at gamestop, I was much more impressed with the 3D, and just had to get the system because I love new tech. Waiting for more games to come out now though. I think what impresses me the most about the 3DS is taking 3D pictures. It works best in sunlight I think, but I got a few shots where I look at them and just say "Wow that looks cool"

Crysis 2 I just snagged because I really liked the demo, haven't played the campaign yet, but I'm enjoying the multiplayer.

The Azumanga Daioh manga was something I just grabbed on a whim when I saw it in a anime store I found recently. I really like the anime for azumanga daioh, and I usually am too lazy to read the manga for shows I like, but I thought I'd give this one a chance since it was the whole collection. I hate having to buy volumes.

A buddy of mine from work has been trying to get me into playing Yu-gi-oh with him, so I picked up a few decks, and have been working on building a decent gravekeeper deck. It's fun, but I suck at playing against some of the people he knows.

There's probably stuff I'm forgetting that I bought recently, but that's the majority of the important stuff I can think.

Balboa

malfcn said:
How are you enjoying your DS?

Comparing my i and XL, the bottom screen on the XL is warm/yellow and the i is cool/white. Want to keep the XL, but the tint is annoying me. Any info on yours?
Just had a good look and my bottom screen is a cool white, I know what you mean though because my Lite had a yellowish bottom screen.

Is it new enough that you could get it replaced at the store?

I spent 2 days searching for these in Nagoya, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi both 1 and 2, number 2 is partularly hard to track down, with the series being killed off by Irem I'm not surprised.
34o4zvc.jpg

Grinchy said:
I really like having all my PSP games on the PSP for convenience reasons, but damn, its games sure have some good cases.
I know, same here. The standard procedure is first removing the case from shrinkwrap, marvelling at awesome cover art, inserting the UMD into the PSP once, streaming its contents to the PC and then back to the PSP's memory card, and finally ejecting the UMD, returning it back to the case and shelving the case proudly for easy access to awesome cover art.

MvmntInGrn said:
photo1cyfn.jpg

Fist time posting anything here (need to get a new camera for nicer pictures). I wanted to get a new gamepad for 2D PC games/emulators so I picked up the Saturn USB pad and Neo Geo USB pad (both of which work on PS3 as well). Love the Neo Geo one, very clicky.

Also debating trying some fighting games out so I think these may get use there too.

Picked up the HORI digital pad because I want to finish some of my GBA backlog and I just don't enjoy playing on the device itself much anymore (any model of of it). GB Players are only $10 used at gamestop. Also works great with Virtual Console games.
Lovely action pad pickup! Where did you get the Hori GCN pad?

Gameboy415 said:
Great pickups! :)

Good timing on the Epic 4G too - Android 2.2 FINALLY came out this past month.
I had no idea there was a Game Gripper available though! I'll definitely be picking one up.

How is Bust-A-Move Universe??

Oh yeah, the Game Gripper for the Epic is amazing. Apparently it's the first Gripper they've done with a new and improved d-pad...and it feels fantastic. The pad is kinda clicky, in a good way. My roommate has an older Gripper and the d-pad had virtually no tactile feedback at all when you pressed it, which was really tough to adjust to.

I love Bust-a-Move Universe. You've gotta go into it realizing that it's not based around utilizing 3D, though. It's just classic Bust-a-Move gameplay with cool 3D effects tossed in here and there. Looks cool, plays great.

The only complaint is that it's the same core gameplay, but then again, it's been the same core gameplay for years - I still want to have a version for my current handheld because it F'ing rocks. The 3D stuff looks good, too...no weird ghosting that some launch titles are plagued with or anything - it's sharp, enough to warrant getting it on 3DS IMHO.

Last pick-ups of the month capping off a really busy March for me!

Couple of XBLA games. Haven't seen anyone talking about Rush n Attack, did anyone else buy? I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

Couple of PS3 racing games.
DSC00251.jpg

zmet said:
mc9.jpg

3 disc set contains the complete arcade soundtracks for: Super League, Excite League, Heavy Weight Champion, Shinobi, Sonic Boom, Ace Attacker, Altered Beast, Passing Shot, Wonder Boy 3: Monster Lair, Tetris, Dynamite Dux, and Tough Turf
why characters from Kumatanchi are on the cover??

Rikkun

Whoa, I can finally contribute.. I hope GAF is ready for some badly taken pictures.

5576779088_d19238d5a7_z.jpg

Angry Birds on PSN. I don't like it.

5576192863_73f79ab025_z.jpg

Noby Noby Boy

5576770552_6fc42bbc51_z.jpg

Some Blu-Rays.. Fight Club, Ritorno Al Futuro aka Back to the Future (birthday gift from two friends!), The Social Network and finally in Italy too, Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

5576187185_db7c9bc235_z.jpg

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black and GBMicro

5576772960_daf273647d_z.jpg

Pokémon Nero e Bianco aka White and Black, Yakuza 3 (always from my two friends <3), 3D Dot Game Heroes (from my brother) and Pilotwings Resort.

5576191553_296297386f_z.jpg

Magicka on Steam

5576774042_381e8717d0_z.jpg

Nike Tiempo for Five-A-Side Football, another birthday present from a group of friends. Look awesome with my Juve jersey :p

And last
5576248353_3ea0f97df5_z.jpg

Not really a pick-up, I cooked it and now I'll eat it. Pasta al Pesto!

That's all for March, I hope I'll be able to contribute in the next months too!

WEGGLES said:
It was all so loud/'intense' that even the "slow" bits at the starting were exciting. Having it performed just 20 feet away was thrilling enough.

It's a great show. If you have the chance to see them on some of their Canadian stops, I highly recommend it.

Glad to hear they're still putting on a good show! The first time I saw them there weren't visuals but the second time they were using them and it made a huge difference.

I'm too old and tired to go to shows anymore. I think Jeff Mangum will be my only gig this year.

isny

napkin dispenser
Glad to finally pick up a copy of this for cheap! (Paid only $20 from ebay for a used like new copy!)

a3e3a1.jpg

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Last pick-ups of the month capping off a really busy March for me!

Couple of XBLA games. Haven't seen anyone talking about Rush n Attack, did anyone else buy? I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
DSC00249.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

Couple of PS3 racing games.
DSC00251.jpg

How's Strania? I've been trying to find impressions, but so far haven't seen much about it!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
gibon3z said:
Just got some custom tags for my astro a40s.

i1mm89.jpg

Fits well with my mohawk.

Now I need to find something at the hardware store or at hobby lobby to give them a glossy finish.

lol awesome choice, I wanna order some custom tags. But i'm lacking creativity

Vorador

Banned
Stuff from this week

DSCF0430.JPG

Old but good. 5€ each, but too bad Theme Hospital re-release has DRM.

DSCF0431.JPG

Too manly. I grew a beard doing this photo.

DSCF0432.JPG

Combining the Vertex 2 for the OS and a VelociRaptor for user profile my system is blazing fast.

DSCF0434.JPG

DSCF0435.JPG

TokyoFlash for two days was donating the 100% of the benefits to the japanese red cross, so i did my part and bought a watch from them. Hope is as good as it looks.

Galdelico

There isn't any better way to introduce yourself to a gamers community than showing what you buy and play. :)

Let's begin with some late Feb/March PS3 pick-ups (Drake's Fortune is still unopened... I found a proper bargain, and even if I already own the game I bought it anyway):

M48L6.jpg

A couple of nice special editions:

5wnVk.png

Going on with pure 2D sexiness:

VDVvJ.jpg

PS2 little gems I was still looking for:

jN6V0.jpg

Last one!
New XBOX360S and a few games: Crysis 2, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (I was really looking forward to get a new first print copy), Eternal Sonata and Deathsmiles - Deluxe Edition (the shitty-looking one on the left... ^^).

X0NZO.jpg

Gameboy415

First and foremost, the new hotness:
11033DS.jpg

3DS - Super Monkey Ball 3D - Short but extremely fun.
3DS - Ridge Racer 3D - it's Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer in 3D! (great game)
3DS System (Black) - Absolutely LOVE it. I can't wait for the big first-party games to be released!

1103DS.jpg

DS - Dragon Quest VI - I now own every Dragon Warrior/Quest game in English! Now to actually finish them...
DS - Pokemon White - I've just about finished blazing through SoulSilver so I'm going to start this one soon!
DS - Okamiden - Playing this now and loving every minute of it!
DS - Galactic Taz Ball - lesser-known WayForward title. Good stuff!
DSi - System Flaw - one of only 3 DSi-only games released in the US. Just gotta track down Foto Showdown now.
DSi - Picture Perfect Hair Salon - I'll probably never even try this one, but it seems to be the hardest to find of the 3 DSi-only games and I got it for a fraction of what it's going for online.

1103Games.jpg

Wii - Samurai Warriors 3 - Found it on clearance @ Target. Co-op is fun.
Wii - Ghostbusters - On clearance @ Target for $1.28!!!
360 - Raiden Fighters Aces - One of the very few 360 games I actually want. Only $10 @ Sears!
PS3 - Green Day Rock Band - My PS3 is still busted but I couldn't resist at $4.99!
GBC - Cruisin' Exotica - free from a friend
GB - F1 Race - free from a friend
Game Boy Deluxe Care Case - Found it @ Half-Price Books for $5. Holds 12 GB/GBC games. I have 12 of them full of games. :D
NES - Tetris - I picked up Tetris 2 last summer and realized I didn't have the original. $2 @ Goodwill.
GC - Phantasy Star Online III - Randomly found it @ Half-Price Books during coupon week.

Got all but the 3 left-most movies for $5-8 each @ Blockbuster and got replacement cases from Best Buy.
1103Blu.jpg

Blu - Bambi - Got it with the $10 off coupon
Blu - Dinosaur - always wanted to see this one
Blu - Ponyo - miraculously found this @ Blockbuster
Blu - Pitch Black
Blu - Chronicles of Riddick
Blu - The Golden Compass - need to find a 2-disc replacement case for this one
Blu - Dante's Inferno - $8 @ a Borders that was closing
Blu - Drag Me to Hell
Blu - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Blu - Final Destination 3D - randomly found it @ Blockbuster with its original case
Blu - Grease
DVD - The Gate - One of my favorite classic horror movies!
Blu - Hitch - $5 @ Borders
Blu - My Name is Bruce
Blu - Push
Blu - Shutter Island
Blu - Stranger than Fiction

1103Books.jpg

Ninja Attack! - from the authors of "Yokai Attack!" I didn't even know it existed til I saw it for 60% off @ Borders. :)
Raptor Red - one of my childhood favorites! Got the hardcover free from a friend
Legend ofZelda: Phantom Hourglass guide - Found this and the others in the backroom @ Best Buy for 1 cent each!
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs guide
Front Mission Evolved guide

And I randomly got this in the mail yesterday:
ClubNintendo1.jpg

What was inside???

ClubNintendo2.jpg

$100+ of free stuff from Club Nintendo!! :D

2 Mii Masks
$25 Dominos gift card
Wii Party Tip Sheet
Wii - Wii Party - one of the only 2 Wii games I didn't have registered on Club Nintendo for free! Woo!
Wii Remote with Motion Plus (Pink) - I would've preferred a Wii Remote Plus in any other color but hey, free is free! :)

Bii

Gameboy415 said:
And I randomly got this in the mail yesterday:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f390/Gameboy415/ClubNintendo1.jpg

What was inside???

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f390/Gameboy415/ClubNintendo2.jpg
$100+ of free stuff from Club Nintendo!! :D

2 Mii Masks
$25 Dominos gift card
Wii Party Tip Sheet
Wii - Wii Party - one of the only 2 Wii games I didn't have registered on Club Nintendo for free! Woo!
Wii Remote with Motion Plus (Pink) - I would've preferred a Wii Remote Plus in any other color but hey, free is free! :)

Is it because you've registered so many Nintendo items that you got that for free? Maybe I should get around to registering everything I have.

My Nintendo 3DS launch haul:

5577571966_5d8c521ae7_b.jpg

Nintendo 3DS. Aqua Blue. $250
Nintendo 3DS. Cosmo Black. $250
My significant other claimed the blue one because she thinks it's prettier. I didn't mind since I wanted the Cosmo Black to begin with. :) Unfortunately, I have a squeaky D-Pad (whenever I press down-left) and one dead pixel. Those aren't reasons enough for me to exchange it since I'm having a great time with it. The blue one, fortunately, has no problems.

Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends. $25
Pilotwings Resort. $0
Ridge Racer 3D. $38
Samurai Warriors Chronicles. $38
Steel Diver. $0
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. $40
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. $25
A lot of these games' prices are a bit weird due to all of the promotions Amazon was having. I think I got a little over a hundred in Amazon credit that I used. The only game I've been playing is Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, but that's not to say the other games are trash. I just haven't got around to playing them yet.

Padded Puppet Pouch. CTA. Doubles as a case and hand puppet!. $0
DS Mini Backpack. PDP. Black/Red. $0
Club Nintendo Reversible Pouch. Red/Gray. $0
All free accessories from Amazon credit and cashing out some of my coins I had on my Club Nintendo account. I'm already using the Reversible Pouch and I'll use the Mini Backpack until my Pull and Go Folio arrives (ordered and on the way). I'm not sure what I'll do with the puppet though...

Bonus picture!

5577060715_7657ea4e41_b.jpg

Not bad. Except I'm not smiling.

Rikkun

Galdelico said:
There isn't any better way to introduce yourself to a gamers community than showing what you buy and play. :)

Wow, I'm not the only one dealing with those horrible SIAE stickers.. I guess you're Italian too.

nny

Pick-ups!

(loving the GY!BE love, by the way..it's already close to 8 years since I saw them live...:\)

DSC06291.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

[LEGO]

I got the Grand Emporium as a birthday gift! :D

DSC06286.jpg

Here it is next to its neighbor, the Green Grocer:

DSC06295.jpg

DSC06298.jpg

I also got a keychain:

DSC06290.jpg

...and a minifig: mister monkey costume man finds out he's afraid of heights:

DSC06289.jpg

[/LEGO]

lantus

Tashi0106 said:
Eternal Sonata damn, I still need to get that game.

You don't need to really, played about 10 hours of it, and while the battle system is actually really good. The characters, plot, and voice overs brought down the entire game for me.

WEGGLES

nny said:
Pick-ups!

(loving the GY!BE love, by the way..it's already close to 8 years since I saw them live...:\)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/DSC06291.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/DSC06292.jpg[IMG]

[LEGO]

I got the Grand Emporium as a birthday gift! :D

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/DSC06286.jpg

Here it is next to its neighbor, the Green Grocer:

DSC06295.jpg

DSC06298.jpg

I also got a keychain:

DSC06290.jpg

...and a minifig: mister monkey costume man finds out he's afraid of heights:

DSC06289.jpg

[/LEGO]
Every time I see Lego it dawns on me "I make more than enough to buy any set I could ever want... all those cool sets I never got as a kid* I could get now!"

It's a scary thought.

*not to imply I was hard done by as a kid, or anything like that, mind you.

Manp

vY7nK.jpg

- Crysis 2

Ffqk0.jpg

- Lego Batman
got this on the cheap just to install the homebrew channel with bathaxx for the hell of it. now i feel like "...now what?"

:)

FINALBOSS

Banned
gibon3z said:
Just got some custom tags for my astro a40s.

i1mm89.jpg

Now I need to find something at the hardware store or at hobby lobby to give them a glossy finish.

Don't get me wrong...I love Astro. I had the wired Mixamp and have the new Wireless 5.8, but it looks like they half-assed these. It almost looks like a sticker on there.

naib

Sneakin' one in before the month is over.

My girlfriend got me new kicks for my birthday. Picked them up at the post office today.

5o0mh.jpg

Took the pic with my new HTC TB.
Not too shabby.

Oh! And Shogun 2.

encRY.png

edit:
embiggened the shoe pic. This camera really isnt't too bad, for a phone.

Apath

PSP Go Video-Out Component Cables
lErNtl.jpg

It's basically a portable PS2 with the cords, a cradle, and a PS3 controller.

Resident Evil 2
PqDTPl.jpg

Was on sale for a cheap price so I decided to pick it up.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta
isBdHl.jpg

Was also on sale, ~$30 for regular PSN members and $20 for PSN+ members. So I picked up three months of PSN+ as well as this. Awesome game, and still looks decent even on a big screen.

Zertez

One maybe for the wife as well. I use to have to buy two at a time, because my ex wife would always run off with mine.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Devin Olsen said:
Why are some of you buying TWO Nintendo 3DS?

Handhelds are usually more "personal" systems than a console, so its quite likely it could be family members or something like that.

Top Bottom