• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

TW12.jpg

angelfly said:
Right now I'm just going through training for the controls so not really much to say besides that the 3D works really well.

I hope that game gets localized. Did you import a Japanese 3DS or do you live in Japan? I mean I added you on the system too lol.

Just arrived: The Pull & Go Folio 3DS case, and Evangelion 1.11

197898_10150117545111646_685251645_7047091_7312048_n.jpg

angelfly

MidnightScott said:
I hope that game gets localized. Did you import a Japanese 3DS or do you live in Japan? I mean I added you on the system too lol.
I'm in the US but imported the system. Don't want to miss out on any of the games that have no chance of coming over.

Loxley

Game of Thrones: Boromir Edition :)

Never read it before, figured I'd join the bandwagon since I'm looking forward to the HBO series.

Chemo

marchpickup2011.jpg

I haven't purchased games in ages so I did a budget crawl online, got a bunch of stuff on the way-cheap. Folklore, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Katamari Forever are first time purchase/plays... I owned the original version of RE5 and wasn't the biggest fan, but really wanted to give it another chance along with the DLC (thinking about picking up a Move set to try the motion controls too). Not sure what happened to my old copy of Unreal Tournament III, so I decided to replace it because I missed it so much.

This is probably the busiest gaming purchase month I've had in years.

MRORANGE

Cdammen said:
crysis2.jpg

Couldn't resist it, wanted to wait for a Steam sale or something but all the pretty screenshots made me buy it a day after release.

Once I removed mouse smoothing I started to enjoy the game, and it looks fantastic in 1080p on Extreme settings. I've just
entered the "hive"
. I'm playing it stealthy and I set up C4 traps whenever it's possible.

The "limited edition" on the box is stupid, every Crysis 2 copy in the store was this. Didn't see the regular one.

how do you disable mouse smoothing? don't think there was an option in the main menu :(

Adamator

This is one of my favorite threads on GAF, and now that I can post, here is my very first submission to my Pick-ups for March. I waited a long time for the 3DS, and totally love it. I personally think LEGO SWIII is fine. I wanted a game I could actually progress through, rather than just the pick up and play for a few minutes type of game Super SF4 is.

http://flic.kr/p/9urNvY

9urNvY

omgkitty

_dementia said:
1zzbMl.jpg

Black Swan
Mad Men S4
Eva 2.22
Wind Up Bird Chronicle

Holy crap! Did you sneak into my house and steal my stuff? I seriously just bought all 3 of those movies and picked that book up like a month ago...we might be secret best friends.

MrEnglishPanda said:
Holy crap! Did you sneak into my house and steal my stuff? I seriously just bought all 3 of those movies and picked that book up like a month ago...we might be secret best friends.
GAF hivemind at work :O
that's awesome!

Zertez

Tabris said:
Is that just a cover for a normal blu ray case for Eva 2.22 or is it an ugly cardboard case like Eva 1.11?
I believe it is just a cardboard cutout covering the normal blu ray case. I was looking at it earlier in Best Buy and I remember it having a sleeve.

Tabris said:
Is that just a cover for a normal blu ray case for Eva 2.22 or is it an ugly cardboard case like Eva 1.11?
It's a sleeve with a standard blu-ray case inside. Nothing like 1.11

edit: what he said ^^^

Andaley

Neo Member
X4bSO.jpg

Got this today. Boyfriend will be playing a ton of it, and is playing right now, as a matter of fact. I'll likely play a couple of matches at some point.

Andaley said:
Got this today. Boyfriend will be playing a shit ton of it, and is playing right now, as a matter of fact. I'll likely play a couple of matches at some point.

Judging by your fingernails you are also a guy. 2 Gay guys watching a bunch of men mounting each other and making vaguely sexual advances to one another. I guess that is about the right demographic <3

ArtG

Onion_Relish said:
Judging by your fingernails you are also a guy. 2 Gay guys watching a bunch of men mounting each other and making vaguely sexual advances to one another. I guess that is about the right demographic <3
Gotta love homophobia!

daffy

Banned
richisawesome said:
DeSwH.jpg

Played a bit at the 3DS event last night and liked it - hopefully the full game will be good. First platformer for the 3DS!

Will give opinions and feedback in a bit.
Quoting pic for new page purposes.

Have you given impressions of this anywhere yet? Please, I must know!!!

angelfly said:
Best 3DS Game Ever
Damn you angelfly, damn youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! D:

Post some impressions later for the love of GAF :|

purg3 said:
Impressions?

Loving it.

I've been playing Socom 4 and Black Ops with it for most of the day. The shoulder bumpers are closer than I had thought, but I am starting to get the hang of it. The rubberized surface feels great. Adjustable tension for the sticks are awesome. I've experimented with different tensions and decided to leave the left stick alone with the right at a point where you're just starting to feel resistance. D-pad is solid and precise.

I'm more than satisfied with my purchase :)

drkOne

OdysseusVA said:
Loving it.

I've been playing Socom 4 and Black Ops with it for most of the day. The shoulder bumpers are closer than I had thought, but I am starting to get the hang of it. The rubberized surface feels great. Adjustable tension for the sticks are awesome. I've experimented with different tensions and decided to leave the left stick alone with the right at a point where you're just starting to feel resistance. D-pad is solid and precise.

I'm more than satisfied with my purchase :)
I'd guess you're using a X360 -> PS3 adapter... If so, which one?

Lunchbox

Banned
first wrasslin game i've bought since the ps2/xbox days (aka when smackdown vs raw killed the genre) took them a whole different studio, but glad to say they've finally made another fun one. its basically an arcadey fighting game with wrestler skins

sZr0W.jpg

Top Bottom