• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

3chopl0x said:
Not really but I want to play as soon as it comes out!
Technically the gog version unlocks on the 16th whereas everyone else gets it on the 17th. And I don't see how this is screwing other people over. As much as I like steam, GoG version is completely DRM free

WEGGLES

3chopl0x said:
As above, GOG are basically screwing people who buy elsewhere.
Yeah, totally fucking over those who will have to wait a couple extra hours to start playing.

They totally sprung this on everyone.

If only it was made public a long time ago that GoG > Steam for The Witcher 2 unless achievments are really important to you.

Ah well. If only.

Echoplx

WEGGLES said:
Yeah, totally fucking over those who will have to wait a couple extra hours to start playing.

They totally sprung this on everyone.

If only it was made public a long time ago that GoG > Steam for The Witcher 2 unless achievments are really important to you.

Ah well. If only.

Well a couple of hours if you're lucky, I'm in Australia and a 16GB download is gonna take a while..

It just doesn't make sense that they add cloud saving and achievements to the Steam version but don't allow pre-load and add Securom on top of Steams DRM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gully State said:
Technically the gog version unlocks on the 16th whereas everyone else gets it on the 17th. And I don't see how this is screwing other people over. As much as I like steam, GoG version is completely DRM free
GOG says it unlocks on the 17th

Smokey

Been a busy month:

Just built my first gaming PC codenamed Deathstar:

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Overall system:

Silverstone FT02 case
Asus P867 PRO motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600k
Corsair H70 "Water cooling"
8GB RAM
ASUS GTX 580
Corsair AX850 Gold rated PSU
LG Blu ray burner
Samsung F4 2TB HDD
Intel 320 series 160GB Solid State Drive
ASUS 23'' 120hz 3D monitor

My first build and thanks to the help of the PC 2011 thread I am now posting from it.

And just a few days ago went from :

04-corolla-hero.jpg

(exact same color) - 2004 corolla

to

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

2008 CPO 335i convertable. Only had 24k miles on it and previous owner bought extended warranty/maintenance so I'm covered until 100k miles or 2014 whichever comes first.

Huge upgrade obviously over the rolla. Can't wait to add some stuff to it :p

Madrical

Banned
ergo said:
This is a great fucking album! Who's that in your avatar? Looks like Mikael Åkerfeldt
It's Steven Wilson, from Porcupine Tree. Love Mikael though, met Opeth on their 20th anniversary tour.

Smokey said:
Been a busy month:

Just built my first gaming PC codenamed Deathstar:

EPIC PC

Overall system:

Silverstone FT02 case
Asus P867 PRO motherboard
Intel Core i7 2600k
Corsair H70 "Water cooling"
8GB RAM
ASUS GTX 580
Corsair AX850 Gold rated PSU
LG Blu ray burner
Samsung F4 2TB HDD
Intel 320 series 160GB Solid State Drive
ASUS 23'' 120hz 3D monitor

My first build and thanks to the help of the PC 2011 thread I am now posting from it.

And just a few days ago went from :

(exact same color) - 2004 corolla

to

EPIC CAR

2008 CPO 335i convertable. Only had 24k miles on it and previous owner bought extended warranty/maintenance so I'm covered until 100k miles or 2014 whichever comes first.

You are living the good live sir!

I have a good PC that can defend right now, but maybe I will upgrade it soon.

If Atari shows RCT4 in E3 it will be this year.

zoner said:
GOG says it unlocks on the 17th
From the FAQ page,
When can I download The Witcher 2?
You will be able to predownload the game on May 10, 2011. You'll get almost the entire game and, on May 16 at 10:00 PM GMT, you will only need to download a tiny chunk of the installer and you're good to go. You can't possibly get your hands on The Witcher 2 faster anywhere else on the Internet.
Of course you'll be able to redownload the game as many times as you like, should the need arise.

From the neogaf gog thread..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27407481&postcount=818

Hello,

The rest of the game will be available the moment it is released. This will happen on May 16, 10 PM GMT and, to my knowledge, is the fastest you can get The Witcher 2 anywhere, at least as far as digital distribution is concerned. Having almost the entire game on your drive at that point helps a lot, too. ;)

Which means it unlocks on Monday, May 16th at noon for those of us on the West Coast.

Smokey said:
IMAG0244.jpg

congrats and awesome pickup. Welcome to the bavarian club : )
great cars and phenominal drivability. Nice choice on colors and coupe style :)

CrankyJay

Banned
Smokey said:
IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

Hot shit man. My next car will probably be a CPO BMW as well.

So I am going on a huge Dreamcast binge right now. Trying to rebuild my collection. Got about 40 games coming in the next week or so, including a keyboard. Here is the first of it:

Alien Front (New Sealed with Mic)
NHL 2K
NBA 2K1
Chu Chu Rocket
Dreamcast Collection (360)

photo.jpg

We really need to have some more Dreamcast discussion on here, keep the threads alive:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408010

joelseph

hank_tree said:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0106-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0109.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0110-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

what the fuck, hot

P5110431.jpg

Picked up silpheed for sega Cd, Ghouls'n ghosts just cause i liked the cover art, rayman, and an Orange dvd case for my copy of the Orange Box. Looks snazzy in orange.

hank_tree said:
[IM.G]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0106-1.jpg[/IM.G]

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0109.jpg[/IM.G]

[IMG]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/hanktree/IMG_0110-1.jpg[/IM.G][/QUOTE]

mmmmhmhmhm.

i have the same one in mint condition :) also with pre-order poster.

Smokey

RooMHM said:
What about this monitor? How do you like it? Why did you pick this one?
Don't have any games yet but for general use the 120hz refresh is incredibly smooth. I browsed the web for a couple of hours yesterday and was blown away by how smooth it was.

WEGGLES

blizzardjesus said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Blizzardjesus/games/P5110431.jpg[IMG]
Picked up silpheed for sega Cd, Ghouls'n ghosts just cause i liked the cover art, rayman, [B]and an Orange dvd case for my copy of the Orange Box[/B]. Looks snazzy in orange.[/QUOTE]
Where will you keep your copy of Garfield : A Tale of Two Kitties then?

atre324

not really all that impressive, but I took advantage of the b2g2 at gamestop (like 4 of my local gamestops) to work on my ps2 survival horror collection:

33tm7n8.jpg

Sadly Echo Night: Beyond didn't have the real box which is annoying, might have to try to find the art on ebay or something.

All I'm really missing now is Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground, as well as the PS2 version of Fatal Frame 2 but I have the xbox version which has an extra mode and stuff anyway. I even managed to pick up Kuon a while back.

in related news I have become an absolute master at removing gamestop's 8000 stickers without leaving any residue. It involves a lot of heavy breathing and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, lol

Rubius

MnMaB.jpg

Walking Dead Compendium One - Was on sale at Amazon.ca and I liked the first season of the show. Men that book is large!

Sudeki - Rented the Xbox version a while back, liked it, so when I saw this at a store, I picked it up.

Heavy Rain - Already finished, awesome movie, bit tricky since it was my first interactive movie.

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow - Looked like a good God of War clone, so why not, was on sale on Amazon at the same time as Heavy Rain.

Turtleneck and Chain from Lonely Island - Loved the first CD, Loved the tracks I heard from this one.

Space Quest Collection - I remember playing some Sierra Space quest back as a little kid, so I picked this up for Nostalgia sake and for 5$.

th3dude

Nihilistic Monk said:
Looks sweet! I think it must be the lack of front license plate, but US cars always manage to look better than their UK equivalents ever so slightly :)

stupid laws....

Only in some states. Many require both.

Nihilistic Monk said:
Ooh, Interesting, I didn't know that!

If you're from a state that doesn't, are you cool to drive it through a state that does, or do you have to stick one on?
It's not a strict law I live in California they require you to have one on the front, but I never put one on my car. It's been like 5 years no hassle.

Mollymauk

I picked up some genuine Phoenix Arcade silkscreen cabinet decals, and redecalled my Attack From Mars pinball machine. Took about 25 hours and required near total disassembly. I'm happy to say I didn't break anything and it now looks brand new. :)

Before : faded, scratched, yukky
29duuzr.jpg

After : beauty
1zqpwsh.jpg

careksims

IMG_2002a.jpg

I wish there was a statue, but I take what I can get! Been waiting ever since I saw this back at Comic Con last year. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh Snap(on)! New Impact gun and Air Ratchet

diFdg.jpg

diFdg.jpg

With boot on

BEeIz.jpg

Its got a silencer on it too lol. This is the last time it will ever be clean :(

highrider

Banned
couple of projects. i work as an auto painter so i have the dead space 2 plasma cutter. which i did a little graphic on. would have like to have done more marker like stuff but the thing is too tiny. also i figured i would put up the custom batarang which i did a while back but i love to show it off.

Image15.jpg

Image17.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

My first table top game as an adult and a 32GB iPad 2

DSC_0427.jpg

Genesis games I picked up at Too Many Games last weekend

DSC_0428.jpg

More Genesis games from TMG.

DSC_0431.jpg

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers! And a Game Gear for the Genesis picked up at TMG

Top Bottom