• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

IMG_3163.jpg

nuthin' at all

Gameboy415

Big Papa Husker said:
I stopped into a new Goodwill Electronics store and found the following... I picked up all the import PS1 games they had just because they were imports. At $4 it wasn't bad at all. When I was checking out I saw Nintendo Power #1 on the book racks and grabbed that too. Speaking of the imports, has anyone played the Summer Holiday or Puyo Puyo? I don't believe these were ever localized.
05-2011-5.jpg

Nice finds!

That Nintendo Power looks like it is in insanely good condition too! :O

purg3

slept with Malkin
5BZg5.jpg

Portal 2 from the K-Mart sale last week

5Yfgv.jpg

Bangai O XBLA. So Good.

z8XJv.jpg

And Finally, new PC time! Current system is approaching 5 years, so I was due for an upgrade.

Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2500k
Corsair Vengeance ram 8GB
GeForce GTX 460
Antec P183 case

*not pictured
Antec 850 PSU
ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION Mobo
WD 500GB 7200rpm HDD--will eventually go with a SSD for my primary/boot drive
WD 1TB secondary HDD

lantus

Hawthorns said:
IMG_1084.jpg

I can't wait to watch the two Ghibli films for the umpteenth time.

You do know that Cowboy Bebop on Blu-Ray is coming in like only a month, right? At least in the states it is.

Hawthorns

ryan-ts said:
Laputa! Can't wait to watch that on BR. I haven't seen Yamadas yet, is it any good?

Yeah I really like it, I find the art style in itself a joy to watch to be honest.

lantus said:
You do know that Cowboy Bebop on Blu-Ray is coming in like only a month, right? At least in the states it is.

I live in the UK and it only cost £3.29 ;D

_dementia said:
Hey, I have that same VGA box. I have a boxed blue VMU somewhere too. GAF hivemind?
Nice pickups :)

Bet you don't have the box of cookies
KuGsj.gif

But yeah, the JSR/JSRF thread reminded me to hook-up my Dreamcast again so that I can play. And thanks!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
lantus said:

And it's only like $13 on Amazon for that Blu.

which is just fucking awesome.

_dementia said:
Should I watch the Bebop movie if I've never seen the show?
Some of the fan service maybe lost on you but it holds well as a stand alone product. it's on netflix streaming in HD you have nothing to lose.

Pride

Big Papa Husker said:
I stopped into a new Goodwill Electronics store and found the following... I picked up all the import PS1 games they had just because they were imports. At $4 it wasn't bad at all. When I was checking out I saw Nintendo Power #1 on the book racks and grabbed that too. Speaking of the imports, has anyone played the Summer Holiday or Puyo Puyo? I don't believe these were ever localized.
05-2011-5.jpg

I remember reading & re-reading that copy of Nintendo Power over and over again till the cover fell off. Those were the days!

Finally got my hands on a 3DS and some games! Too busy playing 999 to really dig into them though! I should also have LA Noire coming later this month, but wanted to get this pic posted.

a6a0f58b.jpg

edit, I'll leave this here too: Sorry forgot to mention, that's totally a custom cover, I printed it off of vgboxart.com. I'm OCD about my game spines on my shelf, I absolutely hated the Portal 2 spine, that had that stupid URL on it. So I found this custom one online that just has the regular logo on the spine, printed it out, and blamo, happy as can be :)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Krelian29 said:
Play Arts Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Snake

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/MGSBigBoss001.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/MGSBigBoss002.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/Krelian26/MGSBigBoss004.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Whoa it's like that picture of the hidden Navy Seals.

[QUOTE=Hawthorns]What's with the pictures of trees?[/QUOTE]
lol, subtle.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
TSAGoodness said:
Finally got my hands on a 3DS and some games! Too busy playing 999 to really dig into them though! I should also have LA Noire coming later this month, but wanted to get this pic posted.

a6a0f58b.jpg

Woah, first time I've seen that cover of Portal 2.

Top Bottom