• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Chairhome

Totobeni said:
What the fuck @Portal 2 cover

Why it's different and why there is "only on PS3" tag on it?
The tag actually says "Exclusive Content" on the left side, then "only on PS3", so I guess its true (the Steam content). But yeah, it looks like maybe a placeholder image that someone printed out.

glaurung said:
Yeah, that cover looks fake as hell.

What's the deal-i-o?

Sorry forgot to mention, that's totally a custom cover, I printed it off of vgboxart.com. I'm OCD about my game spines on my shelf, I absolutely hated the Portal 2 spine, that had that stupid URL on it. So I found this custom one online that just has the regular logo on the spine, printed it out, and blamo, happy as can be :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TSAGoodness said:
Sorry forgot to mention, that's totally a custom cover, I printed it off of vgboxart.com. I'm OCD about my game spines on my shelf, I asbolutely hated the Portal 2 spine, that had that stupid URL on it. So I found this custom one online that just has the regular logo on the spine, printed it out, and blamo, happy as can be :)

If you are going with custom covers ( even when your problem was with the case spine) at least pick amazing art like this amazing amazing art or something fancy.

Totobeni said:

If you are going with custom covers ( even when your problem was with the case spine) at least pick amazing art like this amazing amazing art or something fancy.
That poster is so incredibly awesome. Makes me want to play Portal 2.

hipgnosis

Found this at my local game shop for 20 euros:

iACQO.jpg

I've heard that the game isn't that good, but this release interested me still. There seems to be a lot of stuff in this box. Stuff like an OST, artbook, story book, poster, map cloth. What made this interesting is that Jowood went bankrupt after the release of this game and the game was soon discontinued.

Chairhome said:
The tag actually says "Exclusive Content" on the left side, then "only on PS3", so I guess its true (the Steam content). But yeah, it looks like maybe a placeholder image that someone printed out.
THere is a huge community of people that create their own more tasteful custom covers for games and movies. It's my favorite of nerdy hobbies.

oblo

Close, one size fits all L, I'm in Europe. ;-)

But it's really the ugly V-neck that kills it, I'm not going to start shaving my chesthair and/or start working out to make it look good, sorry Nintendo my love.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
_dementia said:
That poster is so incredibly awesome. Makes me want to play Portal 2.
I can't fathom why you wouldn't already want to play Portal 2, if you've not done so.

oblo said:
Close, one size fits all L, I'm in Europe. ;-)

But it's really the ugly V-neck that kills it, I'm not going to start shaving my chesthair and/or start working out to make it look good, sorry Nintendo my love.
I have a few european sized shirts the L=XL actually. Everything is down one size.

dork

Banned
ErnieMcCracken said:
I had it back in '09 and thought it was pretty amazing.

well alcohol is the perfect example of "different strokes for different folks" It smelled like syrup when I had it. Im not a fan of beer in general so my opinion is pretty much worthless on the subject. I just was expecting delicious in a bottle. Glad i didnt pay for it.

samdavis

Neo Member
Beats said:
These just came in :)

Wasn't too sure about 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' given how weird most anime not named 'Akira' or 'Ghost in the Shell' can be, but it seriously one of the best films, animated or otherwise, that I've seen. Will be checking out 'Summer Wars' next.

Good purchases.

samdavis said:
Wasn't too sure about 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' given how weird most anime not named 'Akira' or 'Ghost in the Shell' can be, but it seriously one of the best films, animated or otherwise, that I've seen. Will be checking out 'Summer Wars' next.

Good purchases.
Summer wars is pretty cool. Has a lot of stories all going on at once.

Beats

NinajHeartless said:
Congrats on your first post!

Welcome to NeoGAF! ^_^

Thanks! It took me a while to actually post something haha.

samdavis said:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is definitely up there. I felt that it should have been longer though.

omgkitty said:
How much did you pay for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? I want to pick it up, but $35 on Amazon is too steep for me.

I got it for $35. I didn't really look at too many places though to see if there was a cheaper price.

MRORANGE

Totobeni said:

MarkMan said:
Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MRORANGE said:

??

I was asking about the why the cover art is different, then when he said it's a custom made one that he printed I recommended another piece of art that he himself liked.

TSAGoodness said:
Wow, that is very awesome art! I didn't make the one I printed, but I may have to make my own now with that

^ see.

oblo

HELLA_MONEYZ said:
I have a few european sized shirts the L=XL actually. Everything is down one size.
Probably true, then again, XL is usually the biggest size overhere, not XXL.

Picked up a few more games over the weekend, still working through stuff released over the last year and a half.

5708291569_2e97cd6eb6_z.jpg

Already got 100% in AC2 and played through all of the included levels for LBP. I would get into more user content, but I mainly just grabbed the game to check it out before playing the sequel to compare.

Apath

t8syhl.jpg

Picked this up from Sam's Club on Mother's Day. I was a little apprehensive about the price (considering I already own a PSP Go -- black), but being able to use CFW has made it more than worth it. I'm also really liking the white, even if that sparkle on the outside is a bit annoying.

TeegsD

My first post in this thread and with it comes The Lonely Island's new album "Turtleneck and Chain". Already listened through it and it certainly delivers on the laughs.

W0HmU.jpg

WEGGLES

Kandrick said:
It better be as good as everyone says!

It's pretty fucking good. Sometimes gaf hyperbole sets your expectations too high which can lead to disappointment (Eg: I can't listen to radiohead 'cause it will certainly disappoint)

It's a good game that's quite punishing but also rewarding. No hand holding.

BLSwagger10 said:
My first post in this thread and with it comes The Lonely Island's new album "Turtleneck and Chain". Already listened through it and it certainly delivers on the laughs.

W0HmU.jpg
"Mama" is so good.

_dementia said:
Should I watch the Bebop movie if I've never seen the show?

Sure. It works at a standalone story, and it takes place before the series ends, so you can watch it beforehand without spoiling anything from the ending.

Pride

Gully State said:
purchasedext.png

Preloaded and ready to rock...
Ready to hear the chants of "your mother sucks dwarven cock..."

I loved Jagged Alliance! I would love to see someone make an updated version for a tablet or smart phone.

Top Bottom