• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

OMG the month of doom! November!

Modern Warfare 2!

These games just came out... did you enjoy them last month?

DJ Hero
Forza
TEKKEN 6
Rachet & Clank
UNCHARTED 2
Brutal Legend

Goodbye October!

Get ready for the REAL Holiday season!

Anyone wanna do a banner for Nov.?

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pickups from October!

I got a PSPgo... go ahead and laugh at me :D
3981692069_f51285e7d5.jpg

ZOMG TEKKEN 6!
4038779918_2f75d591c0.jpg

On of Manny Pacquiao's trainers... Buboy Fernandez, sporting a T6 shirt + SFIV Rnd 2 TE Stick!
4047869161_dd57ea31bd.jpg

Awesome gift from Oichi. An SBO towel and shirt! + A love note :3
4036293999_d80259885d.jpg

Throwback! A brand new TEKKEN 3 shirt! This was my favorite shirt in high school lol!
3965428250_172c7966db.jpg

Really though, my October was amazing. I spent a lot of time with good friends and company. TEKKEN 6 launched. I got to spend a LOT of time with someone very special to me, so it made this month, one of the best months ever! If you want to stalk my pictures either add me on facebook or follow my flickr. I guarantee entertainment.

<3

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This two are the "big boys" I've just bought, Forza 3 <3, also I'm waiting for my preordered MW2 (I just traded in my Dead Space and Mirror's Edge for it, not a bad deal).
66c5lx.jpg

edit1:

I caved in a bought me the wireless wheel, I'm loving it!
Couldn't justify the Fanatac since I rarely have time to play as it is... but who knows, maybe one day in the (near) future :D

Such a joy finding it (GFandango) again with a bunch of other classics in a "toy box" at my parents' house!
2w2kn08.jpg

(these DS rpgs are actually from October)
2elqd0j.jpg

God I loved Aladdin on the SNES and MD and all the Capcom's Dysney games... Spyro, on the other hand, I always treated it as showelware but I grabbed it for just 5€ after hearing a lot of good things about it. The developer is the same guy who did Spiderman Web of Shadows for the DS which is a really nice "Metroidvania" Spidey game.
dpjw4i.jpg

edit2:

Since yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the first concert I ever went to (Depeche Mode's World Violation Tour in Rome, November 1989) I decided to frame the concerts' tickets I was able to keep (most of them, luckily) and also some posters... in the end I went berserk and ended up framing a shitton of stuff :lol
Last one is a Lucas' signed ("To Dam, George Lucas") Episode 1 (lol, I know) movieposter my brother got me when he used to work at ILM.

*I edited this post with the new stuff I've bought, hope that's cool :)

Machine

My old 360 died finally red-ringed after 3 and a half years. Since it was out of warranty, I had to replace it:
11-1-09pickups002.jpg

Some PS3 games from the Best Buy B2G1 sale last week:
11-1-09pickups003.jpg

It's fall in Michigan, time for some apples fresh from the orchard:
11-1-09pickups001.jpg

kylej

Banned
IMG_0811.JPG

just came back from Macys with these. have to buy all sorts of new clothes with this diet. down from a pudgy 34 waist to a leaner 32 (30 length). still have a ways to go. losing weight is expensive.

nov.jpg

DJ Hero Renegade and a PSP Go Accessory pack with the White Pouch, Strap and Screen Protectors. I also just picked up LocoRoco Midnight Carnival and echochrome.

ZZMitch

Machine said:
Some PS3 games from the Best Buy B2G1 sale last week:
11-1-09pickups003.jpg

The game in the middle is one of my surprise games this gen. One of my favorite games and you will be hooked!

Machine said:
My old 360 died finally red-ringed after 3 and a half years. Since it was out of warranty, I had to replace it:

I guess it's a bit late, but aren't you aware that everyone is still covered for red ringing? MS will fix it for free.

November will be epic... Planning on getting a motorola droid, acer 3810t, 250 ps3 slim upgrade, and a panasonic G15 plasma or LG 42LH90 lcd. EPIC

randomlyrossy said:
I guess it's a bit late, but aren't you aware that everyone is still covered for red ringing? MS will fix it for free.

I guess you aren't aware, but the RROD is only covered for 3 years like Machine mentioned.

purg3

slept with Malkin
w010k4.jpg

It's been a while, but finally picked up some new PS3 games thanks to the BestBuy B2G1. Got these 2 along with GTA:EfLC, and Uncharted 2 rang up as the free game lol. Haven't opened Demon's Souls yet, but Uncharted is fucking awesome. Was initially hesitant on getting it since I didn't care too much for the first one.

ka1nkn.jpg

Forza 3 LCE and preorder stuffs, Borderlands, and GTA:EfLC

Picked up

46 inch Samsung LCD
23 inch Dell LCD
South Park Dynamic Theme
2 Games - MLB 09, FIFA 2010
1 lazy ass chinchilla

on another note, HAHAHAAH @ Playstation Blog Simulation of the World Series! Yankees baby ;)

jigvix.jpg

2j11n3k.jpg

Left 4 Dead 2 preordered, and Assassins Creed $5 sale.

2hwzh5c.jpg

Not shown: Xbox 360 Wired controller (for PC use), Dragon Age PC preorder, and Modern Warfare 2 X360 preorder.

Amory

Valkyr Junkie said:
I guess you aren't aware, but the RROD is only covered for 3 years like Machine mentioned.

I have a launch machine and its currently on its way back to me from being repaired, price was 0 dollars :D

First time it's been repaired too, btw. I'm not under a repair warranty or anything like that

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
My father recently gave me an old turntable of his and I've been busy starting a vinyl collection...

4073902494_7a2146da34_o.jpg

Various games from the various deals recently:

4073167559_cccab7eb26_o.jpg

Even though my b-day was on Halloween, I might as well throw in one of my b-day presents.

The wifey got me a 29 Gallon aquarium with some fish, frogs, shrimps. :D

2009novpickup01.jpg

Still waiting for my other present to come by apparently. Can't wait for it!

donkey show said:
2009novpickup01.jpg

Still waiting for my other present to come by apparently. Can't wait for it!

wow, this is great. fish, frogs and shrimps?
holy, could you try to take some pics of them. would love to see them

aquarium looks like made with the unreal 3 engine

zmet

Super Star Soldier (used but complete) and Valis II (used missing spine card) for my PC Engine/Duo
no1.jpg

Phantasy Star: 1st Series-Complete Album (new)
no2.jpg

4 CD set containing the complete soundtracks from PSI(PSG & FM), PSII, PSIII, & PSIV

Manus

donkey show said:
Even though my b-day was on Halloween, I might as well throw in one of my b-day presents.

The wifey got me a 29 Gallon aquarium with some fish, frogs, shrimps. :D

http://www.daviddino.com/2009novpickup01.jpg[IMG]

Still waiting for my other present to come by apparently. Can't wait for it![/QUOTE]

How many fish you have in it? By the looks of it it seems like you could use some more.

With a 29 gallon tank you can fit a lot of fish in there, but don't overcrowd since it will stress the fish out.

ngower

Minotauro said:
My father recently gave me an old turntable of his and I've been busy starting a vinyl collection...

albums.jpg

Various games from the various deals recently:

games-2.jpg

You, sir, have fantastic tastes in music! Unknown Pleasures is my favorite album of all time, been talking for years about getting it tattooed, was going to get it recently before I got fired :(

I saw The Antlers and Vivian Girls earlier this year, both put on great shows, hadn't even heard of the Antlers prior, they opened for Frightened Rabbit...check them out if you haven't.

Oh and I've seen TVOTR before too, not a fan of Dear Science though.

What turntable? I need a new one, I got one of those USB ones a while back and it's funk king awful.

ymmv

Banned
I got some stuff last month and of course I'll share the experience in this thread.

A bunch of games

2wnbxps.jpg

A couple of movies

2up3768.jpg

And a stack of comics

5bbdro.jpg

2j2w0h1.jpg

Top Bottom