• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

WEGGLES

Minotauro said:
My father recently gave me an old turntable of his and I've been busy starting a vinyl collection...

albums.jpg
Awesome tastes duder.

I was dumb and got Hospice recently. And being dumb it didn't clue in that an album called HOSPICE might be a bit sad. Listened to it on the way to school... been bummed out ever since.

ngower said:
What turntable? I need a new one, I got one of those USB ones a while back and it's funk king awful.

If you're looking into a new TT, may I recommend the Project Debut III

It's the best you can get in it's price range and it looks nice to boot. :)

zurgdawg

Neo Member
First post on GAF, thankfully its a good one :) My wife and I just closed on our new home, time to say goodbye to condo life!

24cveb7.jpg

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
ngower said:
You, sir, have fantastic tastes in music! Unknown Pleasures is my favorite album of all time, been talking for years about getting it tattooed, was going to get it recently before I got fired :(

I saw The Antlers and Vivian Girls earlier this year, both put on great shows, hadn't even heard of the Antlers prior, they opened for Frightened Rabbit...check them out if you haven't.

Oh and I've seen TVOTR before too, not a fan of Dear Science though.

Yeah, I saw TVOTR a bunch of years back when they opened for Liars. That was before I was much of though. Dear Science isn't my favorite of theirs but I came across it when I was browsing the vinyl section at a local store and the price was right.

How were you thinking about getting the UP tattoo? Inversing the colors or doing a the big block of black? Either would probably work...I'm a big fan of that artwork as well. The vinyl version has a cool texture thing going on.

Thanks for the recommendation...I'll be sure to check them out.

WEGGLES said:
I was dumb and got Hospice recently. And being dumb it didn't clue in that an album called HOSPICE might be a bit sad. Listened to it on the way to school... been bummed out ever since.

Yeah, it can be pretty rough. I'm very choose-y with when I put it on as sometime's it can be too much. Typically I like to listen to mellow(er) music in the morning but that's not necessarily the foot I want to most days on... ;)

ngower said:
What turntable? I need a new one, I got one of those USB ones a while back and it's funk king awful.

WEGGLES said:

Thanks for this. The one I'm using now is just a mid-level Sanyo from the 80s. My dad put an aftermarket cartridge on it though so it's not too too bad. Really though, I'm just starting out. I hope to upgrade soon. Ultimately, I want to put together a nice all-analog system with a tube amp and whatnot. Right now, I'm running it through my Onkyo 7.1 receiver with a pre-amp and it just seems like sacrilege.

JEKKI

Im finally done with actuary exams!!

but I am positive I failed... so Im DEPRESSED!!!

the only thing that can make me feel better now is Kato Miliyah!!

and pickups!

2psefbk.jpg

burgerdog

2hr1ijs.jpg

Damn you, Thursday release! No more Thursday releases, with two day shipping it makes me get the games on Monday of the following week.

WEGGLES

"Two Complete Games
The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony"

Two complete games?

That dog won't hunt, mon signor.

Typically I like to listen to mellow(er) music in the morning but that's not necessarily the foot I want to most days on... ;)
Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet is the only music you should start your day with.

Ever.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
kaleidoscope.jpg

I let someone borrow my first copy of this and never got it back SO...tracked down a used copy.
DJ Food - Kaleidoscope; old but good.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
WEGGLES said:
Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet is the only music you should start your day with.

Ever.

I won't deny the awesomeness of "She Is Beautiful". That said, I don't know that it would suit my morning commute...I'm aggressive enough on the highway as it is. :)

ymmv said:
A couple of movies

2up3768.jpg

Love the Thin Man movies. Damn, did those two have chemistry on screen. I moved recently and didn't bring the DVDs with me. :(

What's the TCM DVD below the box set in your image?

Proc

I love having a full time job now..visits to the mall are always a rad time...if only there were more time to do stuff. NHL 10 for ps3 is amazing, incredible game. Great skill online too.

I re-bought LBP new for $39. Its the goty so I couldn't pass it up. I traded the original in for KZ2 and regretted it. Glad to have it back on my shelf.

I already own the HDDVD version of that NiN bluray but that shit colects dust now and I wanted something to watch with beer tonight. Blu rays are finally coming down in price, I saw some good movies for $10-$20...decent.

Also looking forward to checking out how Arcade Fire are live. Alright gaf, enough loitering, time to go do stuff.

16jn49z.jpg

ngower

WEGGLES said:

Ya I'm looking at that, a Rega P1 (or higher) or a used Sl-1200. The first two seem to be geared more towards audiophiles...of course this is all a dream until I start getting paid again :(

Minotauro said:
Yeah, I saw TVOTR a bunch of years back when they opened for Liars. That was before I was much of though. Dear Science isn't my favorite of theirs but I came across it when I was browsing the vinyl section at a local store and the price was right.

How were you thinking about getting the UP tattoo? Inversing the colors or doing a the big block of black? Either would probably work...I'm a big fan of that artwork as well. The vinyl version has a cool texture thing going on.

I'm planning on getting it on the inside of my bicep, but that could change. I've got one tattoo on my forearm and I'm trying to keep my other arm open for a sleeve eventually.

WEGGLES

ngower said:
Ya I'm looking at that, a Rega P1 (or higher) or a used Sl-1200. The first two seem to be geared more towards audiophiles...of course this is all a dream until I start getting paid again :(
I've heard many a people say to avoid the Rega P1. I don't remember why, but I distinctly remember a bunch of people saying to avoid Rega.

Proc said:
Also looking forward to checking out how Arcade Fire are live.

Miroir Noir is amazing!

HUELEN10

DoctorWho said:
8b92e054.jpg

Pricing Error! They normally sell it for $119.99!!! $70 in savings! :lol
No fucking way, Guess what I bought today!
21ed6860.png

Such an amazing set! So great to own all 10 films on BD, and all of them look amazing. Can't wait until XI comes out, so close baby!
0e63326a.png

I also got a Peter Vs The Chicken DVD, and my copy of Apollo 13 finally came in! Why isn't this awesome movie on BD? I don't have an HD-DVD player, so I...
dded986a.png

got one off of eBay! The problem is, shit's used and busted when I bought it new. The good thing is that I am getting a full refund, and I don't have to ship it back either! Basically, this means another PS3 mini USB charging cable for me, yay! :D

I still wanna see Apollo 13 though, anyone selling their HD-DVD drive?

Drame

r9ekb9.jpg

Let's see.

USK 12+, PEGI 12+ and MA 15+ "strong sexual references".

Hmm, I wonder what's that about *looks at the art book*, oh god!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Flek

Banned
Drame said:
Regarding the ecchines?

Not as far as I know.

hmm i thought ive read something like this somewhere !?

Anyway my last pickup:

4071635945_df95133c12_o.jpg

FINALLY the new movie of my favorite actress !! But yeha please go back to romcoms now jeon……

jergrah said:
RZA's new book and tix to Regina Spektor tomorrow night:
2b3i.jpg

and games:
[IG]http://img246.yfrog.com/img246/858/iza.jpg[/IMG]

//iPhone Pics

wow I need to get this book. sounds freaking awesome.

zurgdawg said:
First post on GAF, thankfully its a good one :) My wife and I just closed on our new home, time to say goodbye to condo life!

[IM]http://i36.tinypic.com/24cveb7.jpg[/IMG]

That's a good first post!

And is that Bill Murray from Lost in Translation in your AV?

I love that part of the movie.

nilbog21 said:
i heard him talking about his book on the radio. he sounds retarded D;

How dare you speak of the Rza in that tone of voice.

You shall be tiger styled now

Vorador

Banned
Drame said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/r9ekb9.jpg[/IMG*]

Let's see.

USK 12+, PEGI 12+ and MA 15+ "strong sexual references".

Hmm, I wonder what's that about *looks at the art book*, oh god![/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, just beat me to it

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/167wkyh.jpg

The Strong Sexual References line cracks me up :lol

Drame

Vorador said:
Hahahaha, just beat me to it

http://i36.tinypic.com/167wkyh.jpg[/MG]

The [I]Strong Sexual References[/I] line cracks me up :lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah.

I love how casually the back cover says "Sex" next to 12+ rating. :lol

jergrah

nilbog21 said:
i heard him talking about his book on the radio. he sounds retarded D;
(Re: RZA)

I read his first book - The Wu-Tang Manual and enjoyed it quite a bit. This one is a bit more 'deep' from his perspective. What I enjoy from both books the most is when he talks about stories of growing up, learning to mix, the troubles the group had as they got big, etc -- much more than the 'spiritual journey' pieces he discusses.

Am almost done with this one and have found it pretty good. He's an interesting and unique character - whether or not I agree with some of his beliefs is a different story. Id suggest the book (and the first even more) to anyone who is/was a fan of hip-hop in the 90s when Wu-Tang took off.

30m9wd5.jpg

Finally I have a half decent microphone! Sure it isn't super fancy, but it works for the small bit of recording that I do occasionally.

b8hk.jpg

Also picked up Shattered Horizon off steam, and I can't wait Next Week MW2 and my holiday gaming time will be filled to the brim.

robertj15

AKra4.jpg

Found this gem (42" Samsung Plasma) at Best Buy on sale for $600 so I picked it up.

f1NA0.jpg

And Borderlands!

iPhone 3G pics :/

Fanatec Turbo S Wheel preorder back in Feb, finally here just in time for Forza 3

2rptoa0.jpg

t7n51y.jpg

2me67ex.jpg

Pick up Rock Band : The Beatles and more wireless mics from LIPS. (Microsoft should really add a light to let you know which mic is sync, those flashing light are confusing when you have 3 mics going).

2je8ah5.jpg

Top Bottom