• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!!

Wedge7

Right on. I'm a big car nut so I usually remember the neat ones posted in these threads :)

Which BMW were you considering, a comparable F30 3 Series?

Actually funny you asked, as when I was first looking at the RRS, it really came down to that one or the X5. Really liked the way the X5 looked, the size etc, and I was really on the fence. In the end, I chose the RR, but it was pretty damn close. Went to both dealerships more than a few times near the end, each had reasons for getting it or not.

So then when I'm getting the Merc, again I was sorta thinking of getting a 3 series, but again in the end went the other way. Probably much to the dismay of my buddies, who all thought the Merc looks like an old mans car. You said your a car guy, heh, I dont know the first thing about them really, engines etc. My friends told me the BMW probably drives better/handling etc, but for myself, I sadly dont really notice stuff like that, so for myself, it was purely the aesthetics/comfort and the interior that did it.

CrovaxPSO

Birthday month!

Sony Xperia Z3 (I wish T-Mobile had the white, but they only are carrying black). Nice upgrade after having a Galaxy S2 for three years.
Fl9S2IW.jpg
New TV, Samsung UN32EH5000FXZA 32 inch. Best Buy had it on sale, and then even more on sale for Black Friday, so I went and got a price adjustment. Been using a 5 or so year old 24 inch, so this is a pretty significant increase in image quality.
And a couple games, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Persona Q

nny

Another kickstarter goodie arrived; this time, a lovely book:

SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works

Jomjom

Banned
Just got back from Tokyo and just started unpacking.

Some of my pickups:

bqnPzdCG

Used gunpla kits! I don't know why they were marked as "used" because everything inside was sealed and no parts were missing from the runners. The RX-78 is new from Gundam Front in Odaiba.

tloOj1Of

Picked up another Vita after selling my original plain launch model to Gamestop when they were offering nearly $200 for it. With it, now all of my consoles are limited editions.

Voidance

Yea, your right, good memory lol. Both mine, not married heh. Never really intended to get both in such short succession, both were waitlisted and it just so happened that the timing worked out that way.
Shit, dude, I need to do whatever it is you do.

I hear you on the dealership relations -- it makes a huge difference to the buying experience. Whenever I can get my next BMW, I'll be going to a different dealership for it. The one near me has been a pain in the ass post-transaction and I have been stuck with car bills that should have been taken care of before they sold it to me.

Never played Luigi's Mansion before despite being a huge Cube fan. Happy to have PSO back in my collection, loved playing this split-screen with friends as a kid.

2oN74Xd.jpg

My haul for the month (sorry for the crappy quality).

I'm about done with my first playthrough of Dragon Age, now i'm wondering if I should start with Persona Q or Pokemon.

Also bought those two from the PSN sale plus Valkyria Chronicles on PC.

I bought way more then I expected this month but now I just miss Tales of Hearts F, Far Cry 4, AC:U, The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor and I'm done until The Witcher 3 :D.

A couple more pickups for the month (kitty not new - in fact, kind of an old man now)...

jAFIO1M.jpg

Hp2Iv0N.jpg

that's Silent Hill at the top of the Vita games pile, and I finally picked up a physical copy of Tearaway... makes 58 Vita carts in my collection now, but the next few weeks will be dominated by Persona Q on my 2DS...

H3QTu2R.jpg

FCIpobx.jpg

WD5QZPs.jpg

Raspberry Pi B+
32GB microSD card
Case
heatsink (I'm gonna OC this baby later)

Installed OpenELEC on it, replaced my 7-year old HTPC. Crazy how small and powerful this little thing is.

lem0n

Actually funny you asked, as when I was first looking at the RRS, it really came down to that one or the X5. Really liked the way the X5 looked, the size etc, and I was really on the fence. In the end, I chose the RR, but it was pretty damn close. Went to both dealerships more than a few times near the end, each had reasons for getting it or not.

So then when I'm getting the Merc, again I was sorta thinking of getting a 3 series, but again in the end went the other way. Probably much to the dismay of my buddies, who all thought the Merc looks like an old mans car. You said your a car guy, heh, I dont know the first thing about them really, engines etc. My friends told me the BMW probably drives better/handling etc, but for myself, I sadly dont really notice stuff like that, so for myself, it was purely the aesthetics/comfort and the interior that did it.

I prefer BMW over almost anything else, but I think you made the right choice with the RRS. Best SUV on the market, by quite a margin, IMO. Seems you get a bit of snow where you are, so you will make very good use of that amazing 4WD soon enough! That Mercedes will treat you right, too. Mercedes has been stepping up their game lately. I, like your buddies, would probably prefer the drivers car, but like you said, for what you wanted the car for, I believe you made the right choice.

Have you had a real drivers car in the past, out of curiosity? I wonder if you could be converted if you experienced something truly life-changing :p

Wedge7

Have you had a real drivers car in the past, out of curiosity? I wonder if you could be converted if you experienced something truly life-changing :p

Heh for cars in the past, cant say I have. My previous cars were ones handed down from my parents, Mitsubishi SUV and before that, some random Nissan sedan, Stanza I think. Would be hard justifying some of the sportier picks like a porsche or something, as it would probably be in the garage 6 months of the year.

Seville

https://db.tt/tloOj1Of[/IMG]
Picked up another Vita after selling my original plain launch model to Gamestop when they were offering nearly $200 for it. With it, now all of my consoles are limited editions.

God damn that colour. I have a white one but that red looks slick.

taco543

November was my birth month so I had a pretty darn good pick up this month!

Games wise I got all these.
I also had gotten COD AW and ACU but I traded both of them in.

Others:
I picked up some Surge!

I also got some Amiibos, Pikachu and Fox of course! (sadly I couldn't find Link)

I picked up an SSD finally, Newegg had it for only $60 for 128 gb so I couldn't pass it up.

Also got these awesome pick ups from loot crate this month!

And finally my most prized pick up. A brand new Nexus 6! Loving that lollipop goodness!

Also hope everyone in America has an awesome thanksgiving tomorrow, and everyone not in America, I hope you all have a kickass day in general!

After I was hit by a drunk driver totaling my Jetta and borrowing my grandma's car for 6 months, I finally got my own car again and it feels incredible =)

caTrIAn.jpg

More November pickups. November showcases well the different reasons I pick up games nowadays.

- came recommended by a fellow GAFer: De Blob (Wii) , New Play Control Pikmin (Wii), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii), Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Wii)
- have been on my wish list for a while: Blood Will Tell (PS2)
- because they were dirt cheap (for brand new copies): Funky Barn (Wii U), Tank! Tank! Tank! (Wii U), BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 (PSP), Everybody´s Golf (PSVita), Dynasty Warriors Next (PSVita), BioShock Infinite (PS3), Watch_Dogs Dedsec Edition (PS3)
- for collector purposes: Hole in One (MSX), Hole in One Professional (MSX)
- because I wanted the goodies that came with it: P4A Ultimax (PS3)

And the Yoshi controller just looked nice, so yeah...

4jawMpc.jpg

doarVuY.jpg

Gigarator

This came unexpectedly today. Never imagined buying something from the official Nintendo store would result in it arriving before release. It's somewhat bizarre in the game comes in a standard box and the steelbook is packaged with it but is empty. Pretty weird, but it's a nice case. Very shiny though the pictures don't really show that effect.

6ilNwKI.jpg

VC6NWzB.jpg

8s9TsQU.jpg

PDVq0v7.jpg

8mEz7jD.jpg

Caayn

Some upgrades for my PC, a new CPU cooler and increased my RAM from 8GB to 16GB.
Old vs new,
wp_20141115_00555wll5q.jpg

And of course some games and a red DS4.
wp_20141127_005jtaga.jpg

Some last gen love. I still wonder why I haven't picked up Eternal Sonata before.
wp_20141127_012ane8t.jpg

I couldn't resist when I saw this little Samus Amiibo on the store shelves.
wp_20141127_006kni37.jpg

Chairhome

Forgot to post these from last Friday.
15894074785_1c6cd5d205_c.jpg

Pre-ordered at BB. $80 thanks to GCU discount!

15894074595_c9d9796242_c.jpg

First three. Link for me, Pikachu for my Daughter, Fox for my Son. Picked up three more the next day :)

15708300837_5ba9d02c6b_c.jpg

Awesome.

15894074345_9ec8fb3034_c.jpg

And Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for my daughter.

Yay for Nintendo!

Top Bottom