• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

November is here! It has been one whole year since this thread started! Here's to many more! I expect to see a healthy amount of gaming and geeky pick ups throughout the course of the month! What to look out for?

The wonderful jealousy inducing pick-ups of .hacked , the blurry ass camera of n8nmonster , the "OMG WTF" pics of kadey , and of course, the star of the show? ... The dumb fuck who posts a hotlinked image or some google image.... -_-

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007

----

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

While November is still young, I'm sure some people might have some pickups?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I expect to see the December edition posted next week!

I'll post ACTUAL pictures when I buy the games!

Then I'll promptly forget about this thread like I do every month.

Anyway...Game I'm getting this month:

Super Mario Galaxy

That's all I know for sure.

Google

It's kind of cheating, but I did just take the picture.

This is an amalgamation of the crap I picked up recently...

eBay5thOctober016-1.jpg

eBay5thOctober013-1.jpg

eBay5thOctober011-1.jpg

eBay5thOctober010-1.jpg

eBay5thOctober005-1.jpg

eBay5thOctober005.jpg

eBay5thOctober003.jpg

Rotanibor

Not exactly November, but I was recently just got the motivation to take the pictures.

gaming stuff I picked up on my recent trip to Japan
4y6puaa.jpg

Stuff shown:
-Seiken Densetsu 2(Secret of Mana)
-Final Fantasy VI
-Osu Tatake Ouendan
-Osu Tatake Ouendan 2
-Metroid Prime 3 (bought this when I got back home)
-Four Mario sound effect makers from Capsule Balls (push button and it makes old Mario game sounds: Coin, 1up, Big, Ouch!)
-Four Street Fighter sound effect makers(Ryu, Sagat, Dhalsim, E-honda)
-Hori brand extendable DS stylus
-3 Mario pipe keychains (you can push them in and out of the pipe)
-various pokemon stuff from Capsule balls
-awesome Pokemon Fruitdrop container from the Osaka Pokemon Center
-adorable Turtwig, also from said Pokemon Center.
-like 4 more un-openned Mario capsule balls slightly out of shot I'm going to give to friends

And here is a Rockman shirt I got from the Tokyo Game Show
67yecgh.jpg

677mxl2.jpg

And my Mario Galaxy Target reservation card. Ooooo holographic
4vg72id.jpg

I also got a bunch of awesome various Anime things, especially Ghibili. But thats not so much videogames so I'm not going to bother taking pictures.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wow, I'm loving that Mega Man shirt!

And those Mario Bros. pipe keychains... they're amazing looking!

Thursday late night shopping + video store closing down sale = PS2 GOLD!!!1 Well, except Tooth Invaders. Picked that up at a pawn shop.

bestps2gamesever002.jpg

Oh God yes Animal Soccer World for $4.

bestps2gamesever005.jpg

DUN

bestps2gamesever006.jpg

DUUUUNN

bestps2gamesever007.jpg

DUUUUUUUUNN

Uploading the horrible cartoon it contains to YouTube probably tomorrow. Man, it's even worse than I thought it'd be. ONE GUY DOES THE VOICE FOR EVERY CHARACTER. THERE'S VIRTUALLY NO ANIMATION AT TIMES.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Infernal Monkey said:
Uploading the horrible cartoon it contains to YouTube probably tomorrow. Man, it's even worse than I thought it'd be. ONE GUY DOES THE VOICE FOR EVERY CHARACTER. THERE'S VIRTUALLY NO ANIMATION AT TIMES.
I love your fetish for horrid games. Delivering the comedy while saving us the agony of a playthough! I tip my hat to you good sir!

Drewsy

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
I love your fetish for horrid games. Delivering the comedy while saving us the agony of a playthough! I tip my hat to you good sir!

Whoa, whoa there, X7 is good.

Roxas

Got most of these towards the end of October but forgot to post them :p

0111071057xc9.jpg

- Civilization Chronicles was a great deal at amazon, only £16

decon

Hooray for 1 year :D

Going to be a slow week for me though, just paid for my driving license which hurts my wallet :( Lucky I'll have my little brother buying skate. and CoD4 later this week :D

Roxas

Iron_Scimitar said:
Wow, eveyone seems to be picking up that Blue Planet movie thing. Is it that amazing?

I think if there is any documentary/movie/t.v show out there which shows off the power of blu-ray best...its Planet Earth (and Blue Planet)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Drewsy said:
Whoa, whoa there, X7 is good.
Woah, woah there, the bulk of his post wasn't about X7.

Infernal Monkey has the largest single collection of Phoenix games in the world. Yeah he's that cool.

Mid-late October/1st day of November pick ups:

02112007400.jpg

(Left) Zelda: Phantom Hourglass [DS]; (Right - Top to bottom) Drawn to Life [DS]; Jeanne D'Arc [PSP]; Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]; NBA 2K8 [X360]; FIFA 08 [X360]; The Orange Box [X360]; Virtua Fighter 5 [X360]; Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence [PS2]; Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance [PS2]

Picked up my folks this arvo from the airport, this is what they got me from the US:

02112007200.jpg

16GB Apple iPod Touch

And the pièce de résistance:

02112007500.jpg

80GB Sony PlayStation 3

Along with the following games:

02112007300.jpg

Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm (pack-in with the console).

For the record, they weren't so much "gifts", I paid for much of it. The 80GB PS3 and 16GB iPod Touch cost about AU$920 (US$850). Had I bought them both here in Australia, it would have easily set me back AU$1500+ (about US$1400). Shows how much we're getting ripped off here, but it also signals how strong the Aussie dollar is against the greenback which is nearing dollar for dollar for the first time in decades.

Now to import Ratchet & Clank. :)

Yeah it's a fantastic monitor (Samsung 226BW), but I really want to get a HDTV down the road, but they're still heaps too much down here.

these are actually from october, but decided to take some pics today :D

100_0834.jpg

and, special thanks to olubode!
100_0835.jpg

also got GH3Wii, but apparently that is now my xmas present. :(

.hacked

table01.jpg

New table (something a little more Eye of Judgement friendly)

x3601101.jpg

Simpsons was an early anniversary present from the GF :D

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
4ndii said:
Needs more Walmart.
Thats the exact opposite reason why I shipped it out to biggy (and why I rock :D)

Biggy, if your reading this, soundtracks tend to disapear quickly from the store.

.hacked

I used a black vinyl dye and did it myself, came out pretty good. Did the remote and Wireless adapter too.

Flock

tracky_dacks said:
Yeah it's a fantastic monitor (Samsung 226BW), but I really want to get a HDTV down the road, but they're still heaps too much down here.

Agreed, but when I'm faced with the choice of a PS3 or an HDTV at the end of this year, i think i will just continue to use my highly competent monitor for a while and get a nice 40" late 2008

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
There IS a black HD-DVD add on but it's not available at retail unfortunately :(

It was only made available that worked on the HD-DVD add on project as a gift from Microsoft...

ant1532

Banned
I haven't taken pics of stuff I've bought in months so I'll have a pretty big update after I'm done with this crazy month.

Enk

makes good threads.
I've haven't worn videogame clothing since I was a little lad but I would love to have that Mega Man shirt. Was it only at TGS or can I get it anywhere else?

Top Bottom