• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!) - 1 Year Anniversary!

Gibbo

got most of this last weekend; Super Mario Galaxy today

02-11-07_2140.jpg

wotter

games: none, but I got review copy from Warhawk (this was for October actually :p)
movies: corpse bride blu-ray (best IQ so far imo)

i8400_gaf.jpg

-viper-

Banned
tracky_dacks said:
Mid-late October/1st day of November pick ups:

02112007400.jpg

(Left) Zelda: Phantom Hourglass [DS]; (Right - Top to bottom) Drawn to Life [DS]; Jeanne D'Arc [PSP]; Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]; NBA 2K8 [X360]; FIFA 08 [X360]; The Orange Box [X360]; Virtua Fighter 5 [X360]; Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence [PS2]; Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance [PS2]

Picked up my folks this arvo from the airport, this is what they got me from the US:

02112007200.jpg

16GB Apple iPod Touch

And the pièce de résistance:

02112007500.jpg

80GB Sony PlayStation 3

Along with the following games:

02112007300.jpg

Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm (pack-in with the console).

For the record, they weren't so much "gifts", I paid for much of it. The 80GB PS3 and 16GB iPod Touch cost about AU$920 (US$850). Had I bought them both here in Australia, it would have easily set me back AU$1500+ (about US$1400). Shows how much we're getting ripped off here, but it also signals how strong the Aussie dollar is against the greenback which is nearing dollar for dollar for the first time in decades.

Now to import Ratchet & Clank. :)
What monitor is that and how did you hook it up to your PS3 (as well as your (PC?) speakers?)

-viper- said:
What monitor is that and how did you hook it up to your PS3 (as well as your (PC?) speakers?)

It's a Samsung 226BW. PS3 is connected via DVI through a HDMI-to-DVI cable. X360 is hooked up via VGA. No PC connected to the monitor (I use a MacBook).

As for speakers, the PS3 is hooked up to my LG 5.1 home theatre system using the audio inputs from the included AV cable. Switching between PS3 and X360 audio is done by using an AV selector.

.hacked

Hit the apple store and came home with some goodies :)

applestuff.jpg

Mac OS X Leopard
Agent 18 Iphone case (pretty nice hard plastic)
Shure mic adapter

Flock

-viper- said:

I know the monitor is a Samsung 226bw and i assume he used a HDMI to DVI convertor to hook it up.

MPW

either you guys are spoiled or work your ass of to buy all those games every month.

just curious, what's the avg age of posters here?

and I wish I had the money to buy all those games.

Azzurri

Future November purchase: KDL-52XBR4 52-IN BRAVIA® XBR® series LCD Flat Panel HDTV

I'm going to order it soon; although, I'm still debating on the 4/5 model.

TommyT

MPW said:
either you guys are spoiled or work your ass of to buy all those games every month.

Dealing doesn't have an age requirement ;)

Askia47

MPW said:

Indisposable Income FTW

Jason

nov0.jpg

Power Pros was never really on my radar but for $30 I figured why not. Also grabbed this stuff today (My Brightest Diamond <3 <3)

nov1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not much of a pickup today... But I'm going to LA later tonight and staying up there for the weekend....

Game shopping will ensue... :)

1836842280_419104a2fa.jpg

December issue of Arcadia Magazine... Which I buy solely for Tekken 6 coverage... :/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
EXACTLY!

And man, I'm going to have to scan 20 pages X_X

Previous issues of arcadia had no more than 4 pages dedicated to Tekken 6... This issue, TWENTY! WTF...

I'll deal with this when I get home X_X

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I have stacks of Arcadia Magazines since 2001... I'll check when I get back this weekend!

Manp

oh god, so many great games this month (AC, COD4, R&C, Uncharted, VF5) and i can't even buy one :°°°

i'm so jealous

cvxfreak

This is actually my September-October-November load. I moved to Japan in September, so I was far too busy to post my acquisitions dating back to late August. Well, here they are.

2h7fi12.jpg

Top Bottom