• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Shadybiz

Not really gaming related, but I am proud of it.

Picked this up yesterday, and I think I'm in love. I am very much a beginner, but this just seems right. Ibanez RG3EXFM1.

IMAG0124.jpg

Green Day songs sound great, even with my dinky 10 watt amp!

Sofo

A surprise by my parents! It's supposed to be my lawschool graduation present, and will surely accompany me in the future for signing important stuff! Thrilled! It has engraved my name, middle name and first surname.

6245743321_21353c7f31.jpg

6245746747_c9f7e3f6c9.jpg

6246269398_3a096b7f1f.jpg

It's a real sapphire!

NEO0MJ

Sofo said:
A surprise by my parents! It's supposed to be my lawschool graduation present, and will surely accompany me in the future for signing important stuff! Thrilled! It has engraved my name, middle name and first surname.

Classy.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
While reading GAF, someone stated that amazon had the Dark Souls Hardcover Guide Book.
So I see the price for only $15 total, everything included, I bite, guess what I got today

That shit feel/looks like the Demon's Bible :

mhpyrm.jpg

Then I crack open the book, DAT NEW BOOK SMELL! *Bites Lip*:

141t5om.jpg

Start reading, enjoying it, then I see my left hand get reddish, very itchy:

2wdms1s.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! **Don't Read this ABOMINATION!** Alert DEFCON 1, or the inner Demon inside of You releases:

141qw3r.jpg

GraveRobberX said:
While reading GAF, someone stated that amazon had the Dark Souls Hardcover Guide Book.
So I see the price for only $15 total, everything included, I bite, guess what I got today

Then I crack open the book, DAT NEW BOOK SMELL! *Bites Lip*:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! **Don't Read this ABOMINATION!** Alert DEFCON 1, or the inner Demon inside of You releases:

Well played.

mblitek

Sofo said:

It's a real sapphire!

Very nice! Treat it well and it'll last a longtime. My Dad's is somewhere around 20yrs old and still looks new!

Sofo

NEO0MJ said:
mblitek said:
Very nice! Treat it well and it'll last a longtime. My Dad's is somewhere around 20yrs old and still looks new!
Thanks to both! Both my parents are big on montblanc, and specially my dad has a great collection. Both him and my sister have this very same one, it's turned into a sort of tradition (we're all lawyers, work together, etc.). At first I was like "you shouldn't have!" because I thought I wouldn't make it worth it, but it's growing on me very fast. :) Will surely keep it safe!

xxczx

KU5ks.jpg

I've waited too long to get a PS2 again after mine broke what feels like 200 years ago.

Next on my list is Persona 3: FES and 4 from Amazon and sometime after that importing Xenosaga I

GraveRobberX said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/mhpyrm.jpg/IMG]

Then I crack open the book, [B]DAT NEW BOOK SMELL![/B] *Bites Lip*:

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/141t5om.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2wdms1s.jpg

141qw3r.jpg

Good show! :lol A+

AlfaTrion

More goodies for the October album!

I went to the ski/snowboard show and abused my credit card a bit:
Burton Ranger GMP jacket, Burton Poacher pants, Tech Nine board (157), Blue Mountain 5x7 pass, Blue "I love winter" bandana, Serius softshell bandana, RC stomp pad.

And my latest woot shirt came in:

The jacket was originally $400 but I got it for $150, the board was $350 but got it for $210 :)

FINALBOSS

Banned
Sofo said:

It's a real sapphire!

If someone ever gave me a pen as a present, I'd punch a hole through someone's face.

Finally got my headphone setup finished by purchasing an Astro Mixamp. It's simply amazing, Gears of War feels like having advantage over everyone else, because now I can clearly hear every footstep and the direction it's coming from.
auxjs2.jpg

My first order at game.co.uk. One of the better shops from uk (compared to zavvi, thehut), I've had no problem at all with them and it arrived just as fast as it would have if I would've ordered at amazon.co.uk.
jh98ue.jpg

And I accidentaly ordered the Xbox Version of Dark Souls first, so now I've got both versions. Doesn't really matter, since I can trade it in at gamestop for almost the same price I paid at game.co.uk (if you count in exchange rates, I've paid about 45 Euros and gamestop pays about 35 for it)
2ziy0et.jpg

Also, I forgot to post the most expensive purchases of last month in the september thread. This baby is standing to the left of my TV, it's my first slim Xbox and its so quiet, it almost feels like playing PS3.
t899bd.jpg

And yeah, for a Gears fan like me, the Epic Edition was a must buy (and kind of a bargain for 120 Euros). Marcus is standing to the right of the TV.
ebcz5w.jpg

Ovid

Bought The Event from Amazon's UK site. It's not available on Blu-ray in the U.S.
59ype8.jpg

So many comics so little time. I'm not a DC guy but since they rebooted each series I guess I can try and get into it.
2agrqlh.jpg

Amagon

Won this on ebay and realize this isn't the version I wanted (I wanted to get GitS: Innocense JP ver) and I'm not too very keen on keeping this version since its only 2.0 audio. Its better to get GitS release here in America since it is 6.1 audio. What does anime-gaf think I should do in this situation since this one I got is rare. Keep it or flip it back???

HeSkul.jpg

HRYEXl.jpg

Risette

A Good Citizen
THE NO LIFE KING said:
Won this on ebay and realize this isn't the version I wanted (I wanted to get GitS: Innocense JP ver) and I'm not too very keen on keeping this version since its only 2.0 audio. Its better to get GitS release here in America since it is 6.1 audio. What does anime-gaf think I should do in this situation since this one I got is rare. Keep it or flip it back???
The 6.1 audio is on the defiled-with-CG crap version (GitS 2.0), though. We didn't get the original version of the movie here in the US.

Keep it.

Also don't throw away the wrapping on that box (if you still have it) it's resealable!

mblitek

AlfaTrion said:
I went to the ski/snowboard show and abused my credit card a bit:
Burton Ranger GMP jacket, Burton Poacher pants, Tech Nine board (157), Blue Mountain 5x7 pass, Blue "I love winter" bandana, Serius softshell bandana, RC stomp pad.

The jacket was originally $400 but I got it for $150, the board was $350 but got it for $210 :)

Ontario GAF represent! Haha, whereabouts? I'm on the Caledon/Brampton border. Nice pickup by the way! I love my Burton products, quality stuff it seems.

Amagon

Aigis said:
The 6.1 audio is on the defiled-with-CG crap version (GitS 2.0), though. We didn't get the original version of the movie here in the US.

Keep it.

Also don't throw away the wrapping on that box (if you still have it) it's resealable!
So this blu ray I got is not the version with the updated CGI? Haven't watched it yet. Prolly not til the next few days.

Risette

A Good Citizen
THE NO LIFE KING said:
So this blu ray I got is not the version with the updated CGI? Haven't watched it yet. Prolly not til the next few days.
Nope, it's the original.

2.0 isn't so much updated CG as it replaces hand drawn segments entirely with bad CG though. >_>

Amagon

Aigis said:
Nope, it's the original.

2.0 isn't so much updated CG as it replaces hand drawn segments entirely with bad CG though. >_>
Well you just convinced me to keep it then. Thanks dude!

Risette

A Good Citizen
yoj.png

Criterion collecting is a fast acting sickness. :( I'm gonna go broke soon..

(BD versions, I removed the shrinkwrap before taking the picture)

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Well you just convinced me to keep it then. Thanks dude!
No prob. I had to import the JP Blu-ray myself because the changes were so awful tbh. So glad that the JP release has subs (and the dub.)

Apath

robot said:
nycc and another pcb! can't wait to post mondays cps2 haul. oh mama.

f96b926c.jpg
Where did you get that Piccolo toy? I used to collect DBZ action figured years and years back, until they stopped making the cool nice ones and started making cheapy plastic ones that were more pose able. That reminds me of the former ones. Probably the only kind of action figure I'd willingly display :D

B.K.

aFqsL.jpg

I was going to get the regular version, but Gamestop had one Collector's Edition left and it was the same price as the regular edition, so I just got it.

QwJj8.jpg

My Gamestop was having a buy two, get one free sale for their opening, so I got those.

SUPARSTARX

Picked up a signed SfxT poster at NYCC, a Blanka tee and the NYCC Kidrobot Blanka Glow-in-dark figurine & "Yeezy Taught You Well" tee from thecoolercollective dot com

cc1t.jpg

cc2q.jpg

-PXG-

Sofo said:

It's a real sapphire!

My dad has a a bunch of Mont Blanc pens. They are really nice. And expensive. Take good care of it.

Hanzou

Very exited about these new books. Local Library had a huge sale on thousands of old library books and books people donated All of the books were $1 for hardcover and paperback. I picked up these 16!

KDEHHl.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
Skilletor said:
My latest custom case just got glued up. :)

From my friend at Foehammer.

[im]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/Skilletor81/325944_232071790179577_105741222812635_540089_711295059_o.jpg[/img]
[mg]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/Skilletor81/324768_232072370179519_105741222812635_540090_995727948_o.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/Skilletor81/291015_232071193512970_105741222812635_540086_1283575701_o.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/Skilletor81/194659_232071496846273_105741222812635_540087_1408277392_o.jpg[/img]

:D

Nice hefty case 17 x 10, 3" deep.
So what the heck is it?

B.K.

The only one of those that I've read is Robots and Empire. It's pretty good, but it helps to have read the previous Robot Series books and Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation. I don't know if you've read them or not.

Hanzou

B.K. said:
The only one of those that I've read is Robots and Empire. It's pretty good, but it helps to have read the previous Robot Series books and Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation. I don't know if you've read them or not.

Yeah I am planning on reading the robot series books first. I have also read The Foundation though not its prequel.

Top Bottom