• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

TxdoHawk

After thoroughly trashing the original iPad and the concept of tablets when it came out, lots of hands-on time with the 2 has gradually changed my mind, which finally brought me to today:

2011-10-13_11-57-17_759.jpg

I haven't posted in a while. Here are a few things that I had picked up this month.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition... Prepare to Die.

This store called GamerDoc was doing a 80% off of used games, if you bought more then 10, before this current generation. I spent only $40 bucks.

My Elephants. I'm a huge elephant collector. I can't remember how much they cost me but I receive a deal on them.

Shouts out to my boy Kineda and SpeedBrkr for developing this amazing shirt together.

My shirts just came in. The mail lady just dropped them off!

zmet

Sunsoft Music Collection Vol.2
octb3.jpg

Sunsoft Famicom and Famicom Disk game soundtracks contained in this volume (from VGMdb): Nazoler Land Soukan Gou, Märchen Veil, Nazoler Land Dai 2 Gou, Fantasy Zone, Nazoler Land Dai 3 Gou, Blaster Master (Chou-Wakusei Senki MetaFight), Maharaja, Alien Syndrome, Nankin no Adventure, Fantasy Zone II, After Burner, Journey to Silius (Raf World), Super Spy Hunter (Battle Formula)

The Incredible Melting Man
octb4.jpg

ArrrrghX

Neo Member
TxdoHawk said:
After thoroughly trashing the original iPad and the concept of tablets when it came out, lots of hands-on time with the 2 has gradually changed my mind, which finally brought me to today:

2011-10-13_11-57-17_759.jpg
Haha I was the same way. Why would I want a bigger version of my phone? That tune changed.

Gvaz

Banned
ArrrrghX said:
Haha I was the same way. Why would I want a bigger version of my phone? That tune changed.
So, why would you? (also I don't have a smartphone, too expensive, so I got an ipod touch instead.)

blurrygil

Also posted in the ---> Old Videogame Stuff-Age Thread

Here's some of the loot I got that this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, from about 2 1/2 weeks ago!

Some cheap and dirty PS2 games + SFA Anthology Strategy Guide:

Picture011.jpg

Complete, working, Donkey Kong Coleco Arcade Game (all labels super clean, intact, no battery well damage):

Picture013.jpg

Assortment of boxed/complete Genesis games (Plus a couple of complete NES games):

Picture012.jpg

Assortment of cart-only NES games:

Picture010.jpg

Dragon Warriors III & IV; boxed/complete:

Picture009.jpg

Sega Pico w/ Ecco Jr. & Mickey's Blast Into The Past gamebooks:

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg

Unboxed, but super-clean Western Tech Vectrex system w/ Cosmic Chasm & Armor Attack (each with their screen overlays):

Picture006.jpg

A 22/42 reproduction copy of the 1990 Nintendo World Championship Cartridge, signed by Robin Mihara (3rd place finisher & legendary Tetris player) and Thor Aakerlund (1990 winner & World Champion):

Picture005.jpg

TurboXpress system with Pac-Land (complete) & Blazing Lazers:

Picture004.jpg

Assortment of PSP games, each under $8 (all complete):

Picture003.jpg

A PILE of PS2 and original XBOX games (special thanks to my girlfriend!):

Picture001.jpg

Taiko Drum Master (100% complete; right down to the inserts & packaging):

Picture014.jpg

This isn't even everything from the show! More to post soon...!!! :)

blurrygil

Tobe1 said:
are you like rich?

If I was, my posts would never end. Or never happen, cos I would be buying too much.

Oddly enough, I felt I underspent at this year's show. If you read my last post in the thread I linked above, I almost did some crazy auction bidding and came OH so close to picking up a BIOS-modded NeoGeo AES.

So close...

JBKapnMorg

Neo Member
lowrider007 said:

I'm not really cool :-(, (gift from my sister)
Oh my lord, do you know where she got it? This is my childhood, all it needs is some Oregon Trail and I would be able to die happily.

Tenkei

AgentChris said:
Which model is this?
The Vaio Z 2011 model. The only configurable upgrade that I couldn't justify to myself was $1100 for the 512GB SSD.

Shadow780 said:
How is it? It's so expensive but so sexy @@
Glorious. =) My only complaint is the amount of pre-installed software, but nothing that an MSDN subscription can't solve!

Cptkrush

Been a good month so far. I had to use my phone for pics, but they didn't turn out too bad.
New desk finally:
eycAI.jpg

New Toys:
LL87e.jpg

New Wheel:
H0fdC.jpg

New Game:
UOoTj.jpg

I also got a second hand Droid Incredible, which is really awesome coming from an Eris. I would take a pic of it, but it's my camera.

Bonus pic of my ghetto setup for before the desk came in and I wanted to play Forza. You can see some of the carnage that ensued while assembling the CSR and some of the carnage of the two year old I was babysitting:
Ddbv8.jpg

Shiiiiiiiiit, forgot my new shirt:
eqJhx.jpg

Hellish

xxracerxx said:
Haha, how do you even see the screen with your hands on the wheel? Do you raise your monitor?

Yea for real lol,

I have a wheelstandpro + g27 and I didn't feel like taking off the wheel to use the M$ wheel so I put the wheel on my desk and it felt awful, I personally thought it was just the wheel compared to the g27 but when I use it at a lower level and angled nicely it changes the whole game. (M$ Wheel has weak FFB so I wasn't worried about it shaking/breaking stuff but I would be worried if I was you as the fanatec wheels have considerably stronger FFB)

Cptkrush said:
Yep, using books for now, until I can get a more stable solution.

what pedals you using

Cptkrush

Nick_GTL said:
Yea for real lol,

I have a wheelstandpro + g27 and I didn't feel like taking off the wheel to use the M$ wheel so I put the wheel on my desk and it felt awful, I personally thought it was just the wheel compared to the g27 but when I use it at a lower level and angled nicely it changes the whole game. (M$ Wheel has weak FFB so I wasn't worried about it shaking/breaking stuff but I would be worried if I was you as the fanatec wheels have considerably stronger FFB)

what pedals you using
Standard Porsche till they crap out, then I'll jump on the discounted CSP.

Just printed some poster... ;) Frame alert yes yes I know, you don't need to point it out :).
Bowser Propaganda
012-5.jpg

The Freeman
011-6.jpg

Epic Portal
010-5.jpg

Serious Mario Bros.
009-5.jpg

Dr. Wily is THE BOSS
008-7.jpg

Lucas!
006-9.jpg

Hulk vs Snake
005-10.jpg

014-2.jpg

Salsa

well if youre gonna put them like that there's no need for framing really. Id just frame the propaganda one since its separated.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Smiths Complete Deluxe Box set

6242895690_1a846971b3_z.jpg

with DS box for size comparison
6242378245_c7fa96c3f9_z.jpg

6242896358_ae0bb72a66_z.jpg

6242379029_882cf03740_z.jpg

6242897238_6f6941b82e_z.jpg

8x albums on CD in mini LP sleeves, some gatefold
8x albums on 12" LP, some gatefold
25x singles on 7", may with reprints of the rare and alternate artwork
1x DVD
8x 12" poster square things of all the album art...
1x 12" booklet for the set
1x large poster
1x voucher for download of all tracks

vocab

THE NO LIFE KING said:
Starting to pick up some old school anime to build up my collection. Fatal Fury: The Movie was boss back then and still is now!

gxT2ql.jpg

lol. Good luck with that Urusei Yatsura collection.

warpaint

dallow_bg said:

1x DVD
1x large poster
thats really nice

MortalMonkey said:
I got the litho last month, I believe. The frame is new though. It's double mated, with one mat made of suede. Both the small mat and the frame itself are black and have a faux-leather look & feel about them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0433.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0435.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Where did you get that frame? And how much? It looks awesome. I have 3 Halo arts I really want to get framed like this. :)

Dommel

IMG_20111014_140955.jpg

GF gone for the weekend, just me and Forza!

Stoffinator said:
How much is the wheel? I need one for the 360 for the Forza games.

€249,95 -without- pedals or a shifter. €299,- with the cheapest pedals.

Not cheap but I would definitely recommend it, works great with both GT5 and Forza.

Amagon

vocab said:
lol. Good luck with that Urusei Yatsura collection.
I'm not gonna even try, lol! :(
Bought the dvd for $1 off of animeigo (Distributor of Urusei Yatsura) once they announce that the series will be OOP just recently. Will love to watch the whole series buts it next to nigh. I'm just happy I still have my copy of Beautiful Dreamer on dvd after all these years. One of my most favorite anime movie of all time and really fucking expensive now a days too. What a underrated masterpiece. ^_^

dallow_bg said:

1x DVD
1x large poster

I'm so jelly right now.

omgkitty

dallow_bg said:

1x DVD
1x large poster

OMG DO WANT!

Edit: Holy crap! Just saw that it's listed at $366 currently on Amazon. Maybe I will just try to get the smaller boxset with just all of the albums.

Top Bottom