• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Just got Sunset Overdrive in the mail!

ifnMIDxIilftq.JPG

I also got NBA 2K14 two weeks ago when it was on sale on GameFly for $10, but forgot to post it:

I was actually playing NBA 2K14 while waiting for Sunset Overdrive to get here...actually, it's still on. I'm in the third quarter of a game, so I should really finish that so I can start playing Sunset Overdrive!

Josephl64

Got the new AliceSoft game "Busō Shōjotai Bureido☆Buraidāzu" which came with a tapestry, giant book of sketches and profiles, clear file, signature card, newsletter, and I also got a shirt ~

The last of my vacation money spent. I just priced up how much I spent in Gamestop this year and nearly had a heart attack. My white Xbone Controllers analogue stick was clicking with every rotation so I went back and swapped it with Gamestop. I don't think they were to happy but I did buy another controller and Freedom Wars so I don't think they could be to pissed.

I love the camo controller, one I don't think we'll see in the UK and the presentation inside the box made it feel so much more special. Iknowimsad.

Also bought Minecraft, Forza Horizon 2 VIP and Season Pass but I cannot be bothered to take a picture.

More stuff from my trip in Japan. Most of this were finds in Shibuja before hitting up the 8-4 offices. The 1000 yen/ $9 DS lite in great shape might be the best!

Also the famicom usb controller and book are from Amazon JP as are NBA JAM T.W, Revolution X, and Ducktales 2 ($14)

you guys resisting the white xbox have amazing will power i couldn't even handle it myself,
i still haven't even took mine out of the box yet (I took the white controller out) just waiting till i move into the new casa

Aubergine

Neo Member
For some reason even though I imported a New 3DS this month, it felt like a slow month for me. Maybe because the N3DS was such a big ticket item and I had to keep a sharper eye on my budget. Let's get to it:
IMG_0985.jpg

I really dig the N3DS's aesthetics. The ability to have interchangeable styles is actually lots of fun and allows for people to use their 3DS as a canvas for an artistic masterpiece. Presenting HexaVision™ Aside from aesthetics the system handles like a dream, both from physical and technological standpoints. Main point of dissatisfaction is the C-Nub, but eh

IMG_0986.jpg

Despite getting a Japanese 3DS, I didn't really have the funds at the time to get any new JP games alongside it. However, later in the month I did pick up Smash and Layton X Ace Attorney for the US, despite having and primarily playing both on the JP 3DS already. Maybe I'd have more money if I didn't have to double dip across regions in order to show my support for Nintendo in general, and then NoA specifically #EndRegionLocking

IMG_0987.jpg

mewithoutYou, which has been my soul band since I was in high school, had an anniversary tour this year and it was fantastic. I picked up all the merch I didn't already have and the two new tour shirts, but I don't really ever take pictures of my clothing purchases. However, one of the openers for mwY ended up catching me by surprise with how much I liked their music so I impulse purchased all two of their available CDs. The Appleseed Cast is quite a good "jam band" as I'd call 'em, but I definitely think they are a band better experienced live.

IMG_0989.jpg

Despite how small this is, this might be my favorite pick up of this month (N3DS aside, of course). One of my friends ended up going to E3 this year to present his game and randomly came across this Splatoon mini...well...I'm not sure what it is, but it's Splatoon merch Nintendo was giving away at E3. He had meant to give this to me before but forgot, so I just got it this month, hahah.

IMG_0991.jpg

Finally, just a couple days ago I picked this stuff up for my last October gets. The neogaf thread about how insane of a deal the Gamers Club thing was prompted me to check it out and eventually get it (thanks by the way). The sale price on the membership required getting something $40 or over, so I was going to get Bayo 2, but the low shipment numbers found another victim. So, I settled on Hyrule Warriors, I had been wanting it anyway, and the Gamers Club discount applied right there for it anyway.

jpatez34

Neo Member
The last of my vacation money spent. I just priced up how much I spent in Gamestop this year and nearly had a heart attack. My white Xbone Controllers analogue stick was clicking with every rotation so I went back and swapped it with Gamestop. I don't think they were to happy but I did buy another controller and Freedom Wars so I don't think they could be to pissed.

I love the camo controller, one I don't think we'll see in the UK and the presentation inside the box made it feel so much more special. Iknowimsad.

Also bought Minecraft, Forza Horizon 2 VIP and Season Pass but I cannot be bothered to take a picture.

The green camo controller is available from GAME in the UK, the blue camo is a Amazon UK exclusive.

Jinjo

Wii U new owners club representing. Was going back and forth for a week before jumping in. Might pick up 3D World & Hyrule Warriors today too.

Dem white Xbones though. With the MCC looming I probably can't resist. Going to be broke at the end of november.

LAA

Quite a bit this month (technically November for me now but whatever)

Pretty all awesome games this month, super happy with all them really.

Also got something more special this week...
Maybe isn't the best picture, but it is in fact a gold dualshock 4! Got it custom painted, wasn't so sure about the shade of gold at first, but it's warmed on me I think. The analogue sticks were much better than my old ones too, more grippy. Only disappointing thing is the options and share buttons aren't as clicky or sturdy as my old ones... may have to try opening it up and seeing if I can make them better. Doesnt annoy me so much yet though.

Venfayth

Will probably repost in November thread when it goes up:

B1YWlGuIQAEFfXw.jpg

Mug and games from my waifu. :) They came a day after I got out of the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Don't you hate it when your body tries to kill you?

I've got games to enjoy while I recover!

Hikami

Woops, meant to post this yesterday while it was still October.
But oh well, pick ups for the month;

Great vita games.
Random Bluetooth headphones since my wired ones keep breaking. It sounds pretty good so far.
Custom 3DS XL skin, I got really tired of looking at the boring Pokemon X/Y Limited edition design thing it had.

Hikami

It's not even funny how much better this looks than the official Persona skinned consoles. Where did you get it?

It was from www.GelaSkins.com though the site seems to have changed now so I have no idea what's up with that.
(Paper that came with the skins)
51f186c81a.jpg

You could upload your own images to use and then mess with them in the editor to create the skin.
(Though some of the images are not "mine", the artist didn't seem to mind when I asked for permission to use them.)

Top Bottom