• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Picked the bones clean of the local used shop, found some gems including an official Link to the Past guide for 100yen! Also great deals on the SFC games and soundtracks:

Chastten

Banned

Now I only need a Wii U to play this on :p

Holidays are coming up so LEGO released it's new Winter Village set. Won't build it till next month though.

Next 'big' purchases will be a Wii U and a decent graphics card for my new PC to try out Final Fantasy XIV. I decided to go PC/WiiU/3DS this generation while also finishing my Xbox 360 collection as I have absolutely no interest in PS4/XOne so far. I only have time to play like 20 games a year so these platforms should be more then enough ^_^

BNGames

Im in Washington this week and I visited most of the local retro game shops. Ive been to two of the Pink Gorilla shows (Bellevue and International District in Seattle), as well as Another Castle games in Edmonds and Lynwood. Both shops have their strengths and weaknesses. Pink Gorilla generally have better prices but Another Castle has a larger inventory. The Another Castle in Edmonds has the biggest selection of the locations I visited on this trip. If your i nthe Northwest id suggest you look them all up. Heading back to Cali myself next week.

Regardless, got a mixed bag of pickups (Some of these games are terrible but make good video for reviews).

nh6nBODl.jpg

Full Size Pic http://i.imgur.com/nh6nBOD.jpg

Needlecrash

Just a few more of my recent PS2 purchases are showing up now. Still got a bit more in the mail but got everything for dirt cheap, Mana Khemia was the most expensive at $18.

I remember playing Unlimited SaGa a long time ago. Wasn't my cup of tea because nothing is thoroughly explained. I wish you luck my friend.

Yazuka

2014-10-26-TheLegendofKorra.jpg

And this one... This was bought by my friends for my birthday, that's tomorrow.
I got the original Dragon Dagger a Christmas 20years ago. I loved it, but I lost it when we moved... And now, my friend banded together and bought me this one. I didn't think it was possible to get so emotional and happy over such a thing.
2014-10-26-DragonDagger.jpg

LAM09

2014-10-26-TheLegendofKorra.jpg

I got the original Dragon Dagger a Christmas 20years ago. I loved it, but I lost it when we moved... And now, my friend banded together and bought me this one. I didn't think it was possible to get so emotional and happy over such a thing.

I had the Saba sword years ago. I loved it!

batrush

RZPiPWu.jpg

-Lime Green PS Vita 2000
-32 GB Memory Card
-Persona 4 Golden
-Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (corner of the first photo)
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Metroid Zero Mission
-MGS HD Collection, SotN, Suikoden, RE3 (Digital)

Love these two handhelds.

ADefRbu.jpg

Yazuka

^ awesome friends you got there! Great pick up
Yeah, no kidding! I was so shocked when I saw what they had gotten me. I'm still a bit teary. :')

I had the Saba sword years ago. I loved it!

I had Saba too! It was great, but sadly as same with the original Dragon Dagger it got lost in a move. I sadly suspect my parents threw away old toys, since I lost a lot of Power Rangers and other stuff. =/

Koppai

mCkyUWcl.jpg

Picked up Theatrhythm on sale at Best Buy and had a gift card from trading in games a few months ago at Target so I picked up Bayonetta 2 today :) [I already played Bayonetta on PS3 so I think I will hold off on playing it.]

I also want to buy an extra box and print a custom boxart for Bayonetta for Wii U, lucky Europeans! :(

Yes if some of y'all may already know I lost my job back in April and got hired by Best Buy the other day. I got back into the hype game when it comes to games, but want to play both of these and finish them before Pokémon ORAS & Smash Wii U come out next month X_x

FPE of Bayonetta 2 and I imported Senran Kagura for PSVita because no physical release on the Old Continent.

Also Endless Ocean 2 because someone talked me into it, and Tenchu Shadow Assassins.

Expecting some more games (including Bayonetta 2 Special Edition) this week.

CopXO7t.jpg

AwfUVH1.jpg

Nayishiki

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus for vita.
atjAEyT.jpg

Resident Evil 6 for 5$
XMBKVjD.jpg

My Shiny Gengar and Diancie code cards for pokemon.
ZSOUjMy.jpg

Wii U Pro controller for Bayonetta 2.
4gDvRuQ.jpg

turbocat

RZPiPWu.jpg

-Lime Green PS Vita 2000
-32 GB Memory Card
-Persona 4 Golden
-Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (corner of the first photo)
-Chrono Trigger DS
-Metroid Zero Mission
-MGS HD Collection, SotN, Suikoden, RE3 (Digital)

Love these two handhelds.

ADefRbu.jpg

So many of these things are...exactly what I would pick up. Very nice choices!

Flunkie

Banned
Picked up a new camera. Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles...

xMkDDaql.jpg

This is one beast of a camera. I LOVE mine. Took it with me on a 18 day trip through Chile and it recorded some of the best shots ever. Only regret is that it's not waterproof.

Managed to score a copy of the asian Freedom Wars CE today (Japanese box, but English game). The figure has a stand and is actually quite nice, but isn't poseable.

And my office staff chipped in their lunch money to buy me a copy of DW4 as a belated birthday present.
GNSTmOG.jpg

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Pick ups from my birthday

Lego from the best missus in the world

Thre kids smashed it with a Tetris light and a Porsche

My two best mates got me a Game Gear with all new capacitors & speaker it sounds brilliant cheers lads I havr played it so much so far I have done 2 sets of batteries

No birthday is complete with a Red velvet cake

1xtTTti.jpg

Picked this up today

Used a coupon for 10% OFF and will get the $50 off adjusted on sunday 11/2.

Had 3 gift cards so grand total = $180.46

after adjustment = $130.46

wait...what ?
how to go to the korian store ?
i added ?cc=kr and game is unavailable in koria region

Please don't be dumb. lol. Kr. is the currency which stands for Kroner. As the poster mentioned its NOK. So Norwegian Kroner...

Norwegian....

Norway....

FPE of Bayonetta 2 and I imported Senran Kagura for PSVita because no physical release on the Old Continent.

Also Endless Ocean 2 because someone talked me into it, and Tenchu Shadow Assassins.

Expecting some more games (including Bayonetta 2 Special Edition) this week.

CopXO7t.jpg

AwfUVH1.jpg

No Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus DLCs for you unless your main PSN/SEN account is American.

Managed to score a copy of the asian Freedom Wars CE today (Japanese box, but English game). The figure has a stand and is actually quite nice, but isn't poseable.

And my office staff chipped in their lunch money to buy me a copy of DW4 as a belated birthday present.
GNSTmOG.jpg

I did not know there are Freedom Wars merchandises. Where did you get it from?

I was at Gamestop at 10am to buy this, I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve the night before.

Worked out just under $460(£285) once I go back and get my $50 refund for the price change. Great for me and I'm British on vacation.

Shame Sunset Overdrive is taking sooooooooooo long to download.

GeeDuhb

OMG what a blast from the past! I had one of those when I was little! I loved that thing! I still probably have it somewhere at my parents house, but I know it has quite a few teethmarks on the rubber blade...what can I say, I was a chewer! XD

Too cool to get one in box!

This is my first time posting in this thread and IDID pick up one of these (like others) today, so I figured I would post mine too =P

C81SDDq.jpg

Two white xboxs and no pics. I'm gonna cry

I know, I am the third person now in this thread to just post the box...I apologize! I will drop a pic or two in here when I get home from work. I have not even seen it with MY eyes yet, and it is killing me!

Edit: beat! hahaha

I missed your previous post, so here you go!

The box art is beautiful. I'm not certain about taking the entire box back but I will be taking that picture.

I will also be removing that black sticker ASAP.

DAMN that think looks so sexy...I can't wait to see mine!

Top Bottom