• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Gagaman

electristan said:
4057125184_b147fcd95b_b.jpg

Great movie. Good hand drawn animation by the Cartoon Saloon, which seems to be made up of some of the guys from the old Don Bluth studio.
Oh hey, do you kn ow any retailers online selling this? I've been dying to see this film, but it wasn't released in cinemas in England (not in more than a couple one off screenings too far away fro me, anyway).

hEist

webraw.jpg

expensive month.

Canon 50D + 18-200mm 3,5-5,6 IS
2nd Benq LCD 22'
Adobe Lightroom 2

uncharted2 & ratchet still in mail :/

JustAnotherOtaku said:
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/justanotherotaku/DSC00153.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/justanotherotaku/DSC00154.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey JAO, did I tell you're one my favorite posters on these pick threads ;)

rocK`

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Goddamn, I love my Go. After a few weeks it gets better and better. Got some new games for it.

And, unless Nintendo drops a bomb for VC Monday then this will be my last pick-up for October. Ready for November...the best month of the year: NSMB Wii, Mushi Futari, awesome new sticks and I'm going to give myself a nice birthday present in the form of a piece of french copper for my kitchen!

What exactly is it that you do that you have the money + time to get/play all these games?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Someone needs to offer further explanation on the supposed "glitch". From my understanding, you get the cheapest game free. So, best case scenario, he bought three copies of Rock Revolution multiple times and got one free each time. And, FWIW, I hope you didn't pay $4.99 for it anyway. There's a huge collection of them at my local Best Buy for $1.99 a piece. I still haven't picked one up.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
GalacticAE said:
How does it work? Wouldn't they just subtract the cheapest game from the total?

According to CAG you can have them ring up in this order

Bioshock (Xbox 360)
Borderlands (Xbox 360)
Gears Of War 2

and the glitch lets the second scanned item be free.

Chorazin

Minotauro said:
Someone needs to offer further explanation on the supposed "glitch". From my understanding, you get the cheapest game free. So, best case scenario, he bought three copies of Rock Revolution multiple times and got one free each time. And, FWIW, I hope you didn't pay $4.99 for it anyway. There's a huge collection of them at my local Best Buy for $1.99 a piece. I still haven't picked one up.

Nope, it's ALWAYS the second game they scan that comes up free. It's pretty jacked up, and I'm sure they won't do it that way next year.

Peff

Since I had the camera around, all my purchases for the month:

2wez2tg.jpg

Plus Team Fortress 2 and Machinarium. Not too bad :D

Gameboy415

Grabbed a few things last weekend and after work today:

0910Sony.jpg

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition (w/Artbook & Soundtrack) for PS3 - via Play-Asia
Killzone 2 for PS3 - Got it dirt cheap on another forum.
太鼓の達人:ゴー!ゴー!五代目 (Taiko No Tatsujin 5) for JP PS2 - Has tons of great songs!
エンドネシア (Endonesia) for JP PS2 - Cool RPG I finally found cheap
くまうた (Kuma Uta) for JP PS2 - "Teach a bear to sing enka songs" :lol

0910Nintendo.jpg

ミッキーの東京ディズニーランド大冒険 (Mickey's Tokyo Disney Land Adventure) for Super Famicom - Japan-only Mickey platformer!
原人コレクション ゲーム缶 (Bonk Collection Game Can) for JP Gameboy - Includes Bonk, Bonk 2, and Bonk Land on one cart!
Star Wars for Famicom - I have a boxed copy of this game but the cart didn't work so I picked up a replacement. :)
Wonder Project J for Super Famicom - Interesting Enix adventure game
Club Nintendo Mario Controller for Gamecube (x2) - Only 2000円 each!
Club Nintendo Wario Controller for Gamecube - Just gotta find a Luigi one and the Wavebird for a full set! :D

0910Manga.jpg

GTO: Shonan 14 Days Volume 1 - First book of the new GTO spin-off! :D
サルゲッチュ (Ape Escape) Volumes 1 & 2 - Only 105円 each so I thought I'd check it out.

Spocker

A couple of late arrivals, and some stuff I forgot last update:

Game related:
Windows 7 Professional
Wii Fit Plus
Mirrors Edge
Level #43
001.jpg

Blu-rays:
Lost Season 5
Coraline
002.jpg

Music:
Kansas - There's Know Place Like Home LTD DVD+2CD
Shadow Gallery - Digital Ghosts SE
Threshold Direct-to-fan releases; Paradox, Wireless, Surface To Stage and Replica
003.jpg

Tigel said:
Nope, not before december 8th... Are blu-ray player (PS3) region locked by any chance? I can't remember.
It's more like the 360, movie studios can region lock Blu-rays if they want to, but most don't. There is a list online of what works where, but I don't know where it is.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yes Boss! said:
Finally going to play the two Flagship Zelda games. For whatever reason I never owned these back in the day:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020800.jpg

Also, re-bought my favorite Gameboy Color game. I used to play this on the train from Santa Barbara to Irvine during college. Super fond memories of this one.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020801.jpg

I own all these games, but I'm still all hot and bothered by the great condition of the boxes.

edit: HOLY SHIT at the guy who picked up the Club Nintendo Wario controller. I am dying to buy one, but eBay has left me shit out of luck.

IMGP1004.jpg

Bought Gay Tony with the points...

IMGP1001.jpg

My Halloween outfit that I will be wearing tonight and tomorrow... still need to find a decent looking mustache though...

IMGP0999.jpg

I also bought Windows 7 Professional Upgrade for $30 thanks to the student e-mail promo... might instlal it when I get my new TB HDD which is en route.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Chorazin said:
Nope, it's ALWAYS the second game they scan that comes up free. It's pretty jacked up, and I'm sure they won't do it that way next year.

Good lord. Now, my co-workers and I have been discussing how you convince the cashier to scan them in a certain order. I mean, the guy above had to have known the employee, right? There's no way they wouldn't've caught on...

ZZMitch

Minotauro said:
Good lord. Now, my co-workers and I have been discussing how you convince the cashier to scan them in a certain order. I mean, the guy above had to have known the employee, right? There's no way they wouldn't've caught on...

Ya, well you could just hand the games to them in that order right?

Gagaman said:
Oh hey, do you kn ow any retailers online selling this? I've been dying to see this film, but it wasn't released in cinemas in England (not in more than a couple one off screenings too far away fro me, anyway).

Could not tell you, sorry. I go this copy from a friend coming over from Ireland. It's sold in most DVD shops there (HMV, Tesco, Golden Discs). Its supposed to come out in the USA some places before Christmas and then on DVD later on if that is any help.

Poor form UK not supporting a product of Irish heritage, you have always been supportive before :)

TONS OF CDs TODAY!
vesx0n.jpg

Nighmare Revisited: I have no idea why I got this. Oh wait. It's Nightmare Before Christmas related.
Lagwagon's I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon: Wanted some punk.
The Toasters' Dub '56: Mmm Ska.
Land of the Rising Ska: Mmm Japanese Ska.

w30bn.jpg

The Palookas' Better Live than Never: More ska!
Channel One's Pose Posture: It was free.
Lagwagon's Let's Talk About Feelings: Lagwagon!
Before You Were Punk: I wanted a cover album.

Tml Matus

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
TONS OF CDs TODAY!
vesx0n.jpg

Nighmare Revisited: I have no idea why I got this. Oh wait. It's Nightmare Before Christmas related.
Lagwagon's I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon: Wanted some punk.
The Toasters' Dub '56: Mmm Ska.
Land of the Rising Ska: Mmm Japanese Ska.

w30bn.jpg

The Palookas' Better Live than Never: More ska!
Channel One's Pose Posture: It was free.
Lagwagon's Let's Talk About Feelings: Lagwagon!
Before You Were Punk: I wanted a cover album.

Lagwagon FTW ... much underrated, great band!

Top Bottom