• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
ZZMitch said:
Ya, well you could just hand the games to them in that order right?

The fuck? I don't want to get into a whole discussion about this but that would seem strange-as-hell. I mean, there's a counter. Typically, when I go to buy games at Best Buy, I just set them on the counter. I know that if I were the cashier, I'd raise an eyebrow if some dude walked up and insisted upon handing me each purchase individually...especially if it resulted in an obvious exploitation of a well-publicized deal.

Spruchy said:
Holy shit logic.

Are you seriously claiming that you were able to walk up and proceed to pay $10 for $70 worth of games multiple times and the store clerk gave you no argument whatsoever? Ifso, more power to you for finding perhaps the dumbest Best Buy employee alive I guess but the whole thing seems absurd to me. Honestly, I'm just curious at how that was permitted to happen.

edit: Looking at the picture again now, it appears that there are multiple receipts so I guess that makes it somewhat more feasible.

that is a real stupid way for Best Buy to be running this promotion and leave themselves up to be exploited like that. Can't believe nobody caught on. Don't most places, when they offer this kind of deal make it so that every game rings up 1/3 of the total price, so as to prevent people from trying to return free games as well?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Exactly. It's obviously not supposed to work that way. I'm just stunned that he was apparently able to convince multiple employees (or one REALLY stupid one) to complete the transaction like that.

There's always the possibility of doing it at multiple Best Buys. I know there's several in my area. Maybe checked out with a couple of dumb employees at each store and moved on to the next one. Seems plausible, but to go that far seems a little sad.

I wish I knew about the glitch beforehand. Then I would've made sure the cashier rang up Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time second. But no, he rung up The Conduit...which ended up being the cheapest game anyway.

djdac

Downloaded this.

4059727793_3d06427cbc.jpg

Got this for a few dollars. Good game, shitty cover.

4059728577_653d8bdb69.jpg

DeVeAn

That glitch won't work at the best buy i went to. I checked my receipt and the cheapest game which was first, was free. Don't know how that happened.

ChryZ said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Brainshrimp/p1000085.jpg
What are your impressions of the GF1? I was in the market for an LX3, but decided to wait out for the new GF1. And then somehow I ended up with a D5000 dslr. Still plan to pick up a high-end compact sometime.

ChryZ

LethaL ImpuLse said:
What are your impressions of the GF1? I was in the market for an LX3, but decided to wait out for the new GF1. And then somehow I ended up with a D5000 dslr. Still plan to pick up a high-end compact sometime.
I'm very happy so far. The cam is very solid, compact and surprisingly weighty (not too heavy, not too light). Its auto focus is really snappy. There are all manual options/controls one can ask for. Some of the assists are pretty neat, like shutter preview or manual focus aid (temp zoom in). Lots of fun to take pictures with it.

Gagaman

This is stuff other the last month or maybe more, not sure..

Some PSN stuff this week:

wv5o5k.jpg

Been getting quite a lot of Mega Drive games lately:
28vr57r.jpg

2eq545x.jpg

1zlskrt.jpg

oct09agarest.jpg

=3

How did Agarest pass itself off for a PAL release? And as a 12? Isn't this game full of ecchi? Interestingly, there's no English voice acting at all. It's entirely in Japanese.

H_Prestige said:
How do you like it so far compared to the track pad on the MBP?

It's nice really, feels almost exactly the same as the track pad with the two finger scrolling, especially that the page accelerates when you flick down. Mouse isn't too low either, it is work it, as it saves my MBP from deteriorating

New Camera for the GF, she dropped her's at a party =(. Go Halo's (maybe next year?) and Folklore because of Halloween today and heard it's amazing.
DSC00030.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

And TF2, I'm ashamed I never bought this but yesterday's $2.50 sale..
tf2.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
djdac said:
Got this for a few dollars. Good game, shitty cover.

4059728577_653d8bdb69.jpg

Whoa I bought this yesterday too.

Woodsy said:
Will post actual pic when it arrives:

zimbabwe_100_trillion_2009_obverse.jpg

Worth about $5 :lol
A friend of mine was literally thrown in a Zimbabwean prison for trying to buy one of these off a citizen for 5 US dollars or whatever :lol

Android18a said:
oct09agarest.jpg

=3

How did Agarest pass itself off for a PAL release? And as a 12? Isn't this game full of ecchi? Interestingly, there's no English voice acting at all. It's entirely in Japanese.

Is Agarest any good ? Thinking about buying it but I wanna hear impressions first.

angelfly

SonOfABeep said:
Exploiting that best buy glitch is shameful. Who knows how many Best Buy register monkeys lost jobs because they didn't know better..

I doubt anyone lost there jobs because it's not something they control. I do however think it'll be a long time before we see another B2G1 free from Best Buy because of people exploiting it.

Agarest... So far, I'd say it was better than Cross Edge.

For an SRPG fix, though, you're still best off with Disgaea 3.

If you like Cross Edge, though, many of the mechanics are the same. If you like one, you'll like the other. And the same probably applies if you don't like one :p

Red.Devil

Neo Member
Finally got my copy of the fantastic Broilers DVD "The Anti-Archives" incl. full coloured 44 page book, 3D glasses (the cover and parts of the book are printed in that 3D technique) and 2 DVDs with their 2008 shows in Düsseldorf and Leipzig plus 3 hours of their 15 year band history.

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

And also went PSN crazy today:

collage1.png

Android18a said:
oct09agarest.jpg

=3

Could you tell me if Agarest has a mandatory install? And if so, how big is it?

T6 Pick Ups:

13458_649691950024_6312708_36555349_91453_n.jpg

T6 Bundles.

13458_649691955014_6312708_36555350_6178848_n.jpg

T6 Guide, Game, Pre-Order Calenders, Nina Faceplate.

And Prizes from GS Tourney:

13458_649691945034_6312708_36555348_3807636_n.jpg

T6 Shirt, TapouT Shirt, 2 Metal Lars Cards, and a Paper Award with my name on it. Lulz.

n8NMONSTER said:
T6 Pick Ups:

13458_649691950024_6312708_36555349_91453_n.jpg

T6 Bundles.

13458_649691955014_6312708_36555350_6178848_n.jpg

T6 Guide, Game, Pre-Order Calenders, Nina Faceplate.

And Prizes from GS Tourney:

13458_649691945034_6312708_36555348_3807636_n.jpg

T6 Shirt, TapouT Shirt, 2 Metal Lars Cards, and a Paper Award with my name on it. Lulz.

whoa, for a second I thought your were MarkMan.

enewtabie

I blame this purchase on Jeff G. at Giant Bomb and the awesome assaultfulness of Monster Energy.:D I went out and got it on my lunch today at work. Looks fun.

028.jpg

Kadey said:
Bought another house. Everything is in my hands as of today. :D

Best pickup ever. One day, I too will have a house I own. Owning a home lords over all my hobbies and interests. This is what I really want. Congrats!

Red.Devil said:
Finally got my copy of the fantastic Broilers DVD "The Anti-Archives" incl. full coloured 44 page book, 3D glasses (the cover and parts of the book are printed in that 3D technique) and 2 DVDs with their 2008 shows in Düsseldorf and Leipzig plus 3 hours of their 15 year band history.

And also went PSN crazy today:
I'm sorry you got tricked into thinking getting a pspgo was a good idea.

Top Bottom