• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

practice02 said:
What is the Ds game with the Robot on it?
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Also in future you might want to just quote the image you have a question about as I was confused regarding the question for a while.

Starwolf_UK said:
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Also in future you might want to just quote the image you have a question about as I was confused regarding the question for a while.
there were only two ds games and only one had a robot on the front.

zmet

Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
oc20.jpg

Got this as a free gift from Club Nintendo for achieving platinum status.

Night of the Creeps: Director's Cut and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
oc21.jpg

Yes Boss!

Finally going to play the two Flagship Zelda games. For whatever reason I never owned these back in the day:

P1020800.jpg

Also, re-bought my favorite Gameboy Color game. I used to play this on the train from Santa Barbara to Irvine during college. Super fond memories of this one.

P1020801.jpg

Yes Boss!

KanZolo said:
wow, where did you get such nice looking boxes with those?

eBay. Got all three games for $44 delivered. This seller was fantastic. Everything was perfectly mint. Even better than I expected. I think they've been in a collection for the last decade. I'm going to give them a good home.

Maximus.

Yes Boss! said:
Finally going to play the two Flagship Zelda games. For whatever reason I never owned these back in the day:

P1020800.jpg

Both games are probably the best handheld games ive ever played, and some of the best Zelda games. If only Nintendo went back to this type of handheld goodness. I am eventually going to get a 2nd copy of both those games to replay them, since my original copies have all the save files used up :lol .

Yes Boss!

Fraull said:
Both games are probably the best handheld games ive ever played, and some of the best Zelda games. If only Nintendo went back to this type of handheld goodness. I am eventually going to get a 2nd copy of both those games to replay them, since my original copies have all the save files used up :lol .

Certainly excited. I've never played these games. I also just got a new Game Boy Color specifically for these two games. Going to be taking them to work to play where I have constant overhead fluorescent lighting. Gaming bliss between customers!

Which game would you recommend playing first of the two?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Silicon Knight said:
Is that butt-ugly USK logo also presented on Dutch game boxes nowadays? If so, another reason why I'll NEVER buy domestic Dutch game releases ever again. :lol

yes :(

Maximus.

Yes Boss! said:
Certainly excited. I've never played these games. I also just got a new Game Boy Color specifically for these two games. Going to be taking them to work to play where I have constant overhead fluorescent lighting. Gaming bliss between customers!

Which game would you recommend playing first of the two?

i personally enjoyed seasons above ages, but honestly go with what one you feel is right to start with. I would say ages has a tad more difficulty to it in a good way, but seasons was overall the more enjoyable game in my opinion.

Yes Boss!

Fraull said:
i personally enjoyed seasons above ages, but honestly go with what one you feel is right to start with. I would say ages has a tad more difficulty to it in a good way, but seasons was overall the more enjoyable game in my opinion.

Seasons it is!

drkOne

b66j4n.jpg

Wasn't too excited with either this or PES 2010, but I had to get one for my offline multiplayer matches. FIFA had a nice price drop so that's what I got.
Also, first box with the new design and I find it much better than the old one.

Yes Boss!

Rockin' MarkMan!

:lol at the NOS box in the background. Coke is really trying to peddle that stuff but it just is not moving at my location.

Forgot I had Doc Louis's Punch Out for download. Props to NoA for doing this for Nintendo fans. <3

P1020805.jpg

Dreweyes

Back towards the end of August, I started collecting all the old school Capcom NES games I could get my hands on!
I've obtained much more since then from the local Play'n'Trade and Flea Market!
The games are still all great!

Here is my check list of games I have so far:
Codename Viper
Ghosts & Goblins
Legendary Wings
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Mega Man
Strider
Willow

...and the hunt continues!

capcomnes.jpg

(sorry for the bad camera phone pic)

Balboa

drkOne said:
Wasn't too excited with either this or PES 2010, but I had to get one for my offline multiplayer matches. FIFA had a nice price drop so that's what I got.
Also, first box with the new design and I find it much better than the old one.
Which country are you from? Every copy I've seen including mine from the UK has the old design.

100_0107.jpg

The Nostalgia boxart is horrid, the back cover is even worse, but I liked Matrix's work on the FFIII and FFIV remakes, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Space Invaders Extreme was one of my favorite games last year, hopefully the sequel is just as good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
9sur9z.jpg

Won the clock off of Ebay for $1 + shipping, I guess no one else wanted it. Really nice clock though, on the back it says it was made in 2004 by Banpresto. I love how the Spinning thing of fire just misses the picture of Luigi.

robot

Dreweyes said:
Back towards the end of August, I started collecting all the old school Capcom NES games I could get my hands on!
I've obtained much more since then from the local Play'n'Trade and Flea Market!
The games are still all great!

Here is my check list of games I have so far:
Codename Viper
Ghosts & Goblins
Legendary Wings
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Mega Man
Strider
Willow

...and the hunt continues!

capcomnes.jpg

(sorry for the bad camera phone pic)

Little Nemo and Codename: Viper were some of my favorite NES games. Nice picks! Don't forget Streetfighter 2010!

RetroEd

33dayie.jpg

This is sweet. You only need to press the L and R buttons for the whole game, even menus, and regrouping, so it plays amazingly on the PSP Go. £11.99 very well spent. It's pretty tough too compared to the two previous PSP offerings, and has boinging.

Nakazato

RetroEd said:
33dayie.jpg

This is sweet. You only need to press the L and R buttons for the whole game, even menus, and regrouping, so it plays amazingly on the PSP Go. £11.99 very well spent. It's pretty tough too compared to the two previous PSP offerings, and has boinging.
BOUGHT!!!!

4057125184_b147fcd95b_b.jpg

Great movie. Good hand drawn animation by the Cartoon Saloon, which seems to be made up of some of the guys from the old Don Bluth studio.

4056406367_cd8051d3a9_b.jpg

4057125800_024c33503d_b.jpg

Going to see Eddie Izzard when he's in Oslo. Favourite comedian by far and cant wait :D

4056388749_c501b794a1_b.jpg

And finally my Deirdre made me an apple pie. oh so tasty.

Yes Boss!

Goddamn, I love my Go. After a few weeks it gets better and better. Got some new games for it.

And, unless Nintendo drops a bomb for VC Monday then this will be my last pick-up for October. Ready for November...the best month of the year: NSMB Wii, Mushi Futari, awesome new sticks and I'm going to give myself a nice birthday present in the form of a piece of french copper for my kitchen!

Loco Roco MC:

P1020812.jpg

Super Stardust Portable for $5:

P1020807.jpg

WEGGLES

IMG_0092.jpg

Akron/Family - Set 'Em Wide, Set 'Em Free
Awesome album. Came with a download code, if anyone wants it.

IMG_0093.jpg

Akron/Family - River 7 inch single

IMG_0094.jpg

2001: A Space Odyssey OST on vinyl :)

IMG_0095.jpg

Some douchebags hat.

IMG_0096.jpg

Best $4 spent evur.

IMG_0098.jpg

Best $40 ever spent.

IMG_0099.jpg

<3 art inside the box :)

IMG_0101.jpg

LCBO gift card for my Bday. The gift that keeps on giving! :lol

Chorazin

I posted this in the game's thread, but I'll post it here too. Got my Atelier Anne: Alchemists of Sera Island Premium Box in from Rosenqueen.com today!

4057667534_816326756f_b.jpg

4057667598_f75b0264b8_b.jpg

4057667644_9d272c03bb_b.jpg

4056928491_21429a19e6_b.jpg

4057667712_46833ef9dd_b.jpg

4057667756_de598617cd_b.jpg

4057667806_912edd52f3_b.jpg

4057667880_8c71dcc80a_b.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
practice02 said:
the cheapest game rings up free so you buy 2 40$ games and one 20$ the 20$ one is free

Okay? Wouldn't that just mean he got a bunch of Rock Revolutions for free?

Where is the advantageous part coming in?

Got a bunch of stuff since the last time I posted in this thread.

Snow White BD (got it from the Amazon deal) & candy from Disneyland
IMG_1243.jpg

FMA Perfect Guidebook 3 & Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Senaka o Takuseshimono (PSP)

IMG_1224-1.jpg

Sukima Switch - Golden Time Lover CD singles (both versions)
48a7e8e7.jpg

Play-Arts Kai: Roy Mustang
Front:
6568d73d.jpg

Back:
b56b65fb.jpg

Out of Box (with my PPP Roy figure):
IMG_1235.jpg

Amestris Military cup:
IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Vol. 3 (BD) & FMA Brotherhood OST 1: