• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

.hacked said:
My two pups, Izzy the Beagle (belongs to my GF and I) & Takun the Puggle (belongs to my brother and I).

izzytakun01.jpg

Do you still have your bunnies?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finishing up this.
Stuff2.jpg

With this.
IMG_3875.jpg

Which in turn will end up with all this.
Controllers.jpg

And certain stuff in this.
Stuff-1.jpg

I'm done with October. Bring on November. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If I don't have at least one thing delivered to my door a week, I get very violent and people at work have to feel my wrath. :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kadey said:
If I don't have at least one thing delivered to my door a week, I get very violent and people at work have to feel my wrath. :)

I feel the same way when I am shopping for clothes. :D

The standee came from my friend who I guess won it in a contest from NISAmerica, he had no room for it and asked if I wanted it, I have no room for it, but I'll gladly take it :lol

SoulCradle.jpg

I had a little money left over from paying bills so I picked these up
if you have a Microcenter near you they are having a sale on orange tagged games 15% off, the majority of which we're already clearance priced as it is

games.jpg

Singho

Thought I had bought alot more over the past months but nope...pretty light considering I was going to buy a PS3, kinda glad I haven't bothered yet too many other things and games are keeping me busy.

Going to get Naruto at the end of the week but I'm gonna try and limit myself to only Mario Galaxy...and perhaps COD4 in November atleast untill I finished The Orange Box and Sega Rally.

4vrkcgx.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5 has been taking practically all of my gaming time since Friday with a smattering of The Orange Box when my hands start hurting too much from button bashing. :D

Posted some impressions of VF5 in the "official" thread for anyone interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203394&page=2

Other stuff

Viewtiful Joe & PN03: HENSHIN! Classics.
Devil May Cry: Been after the Japanese one for a while, as the PAL version was bordered 50hz hell. Still holds up today, although I keep trying to do moves from DMC3 in it. :p
Sega Rally: Love this, just need to finish a few of the races I failed to get 1st place in and move onto the final Championship...and then on to Time Trials. :D
Halo 3: Finished it on Legendary not so long ago, need to go back to it and play some Multiplayer, although not feeling the majority of the maps.
XBL Vision Camera: Got it free from Microsoft UK as they failed twice to pick up my 360 when it was 3RLoD'd.
Halo 3 Wireless Headset: Really good, don't know how I managed without one.
Halo 3 pad: Got excited in the mad rush on launch night to buy one, but I've not opened it up yet and it's too late to get a refund. :( *glares at it and punches it off the desk*

jvalioli said:
What is that? Looks like it plays DVDs and Gamecube games, and maybe also prints on small sheets of paper?!

It's a Panasonic Q, and it does just that (minus the paper printing). It's such an interesting looking piece of hardware.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Flock said:
oh kadey, you soooooo crazy.

I think I wanna have her baby...

Sorry I had to...

if only it'll get me some free goodies, eh Kadey? :)

November is almost here! Everyone have a safe Halloween! November thread will mark the 1 year anniversary of the NeoGAF pick-up post threads!

:celebrate: !

No pickups for me today :( New issue of EGM... if that counts lol.

Oh and on the subject of controllers... I tried to get a Sony PS1 Dual Analog controller(not the Dual Shock controller), the ones with the concave analog sticks... So I saw one in pristine condition at GameStop and they tried to tell me it was a PS2 controller and charge me $19.99.

PS1 controllers should be $5.99 or whatever...

Lucky there was no magazine racks in the vicinity. The goggles would have definately done something.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
-=rubs nose=-

-=rubs uhh.... feet?=- :lol

---

Anywho, I almost picked up Vampire Hunter D novels 1 & 2 today. The only thing that kept me from getting them was the fact that whenever I get a book/novel to read it collects dust until there is a power outtage(which happens once in a blue moon lol)... or when I go on a vacation.

Oh well, anyways. As we are now on the last day of October, I've compiled the majority of my pick ups for this month in a neat series of pictures. Observe.

1467541644_d1e9a097e8.jpg

Got these from my sister...

1475429795_48a6e2933b.jpg

Got these from the boss...

1475427253_1dc11a0f58.jpg

Got these from Circuit City...

1479033069_cfc88809df.jpg

Got the PH guide to go along with my TP guide...

1495840800_cc77bb091e.jpg

Got the Persona guide and The Lone Samurai(CASE IN POINT I HAVE NOT CRACKED OPEN THIS BOOK YET)...

1597160763_9747f61c81.jpg

Fry's B1G1 Blu-Ray Sale. Each one of these were $10...

1686973980_8a4f7c2ed9.jpg

Sister got me the HD-DVD add on for the 360... Beautiful Katamari from the boss...

1733247660_c621e35c25.jpg

Got the keychains from E 4 All... I think I have more lying around somewhere...

1753512048_194e28a3d0.jpg

Lazy pic. The Japanese DS games were 9.90 each at Fry's. The SH Origins is just a case signed by series composer Akira Yamaoka.

1762874107_bb09907de9.jpg

Ah! Good deal on the Sailor Moon box sets. $10 each. Free Ghost in the Shell for my troubles.

1786249034_dd637898ee.jpg

Caved in and bought a deck + some boosters.

1796582795_9fe5667b31.jpg

More caving in... X_X... Hay GoW PSP demo! (It has a $15 coupon off a slim pSP which I am SO TEMPTED to use lol).

1805769046_c5409ac8ab.jpg

And I found these at a local garage sale for about $1 each... Are they worth anything???

Just kidding, I've had those for awhile already lol.

nny said:
signed copy :D

hm..a steering wheel? Didn't think of that. Seeing that this game requires some precision (to not mess up the lanes, for instance, despite the slowness of the bus), does it play well with a wheel? That sounds good. Oh, I got it on ebay.

Yeah man, it works great with a steering wheel. As if you're driving a real bus, seeing as this a a simulator of some sort. I loved this game back in the day.

On e-bay? Well, thank you. I guess I have to start searching there, thanks.

dankir

SarBear said:
Here's my October purchases:

newgames.jpg

08accord.jpg

:D :D

I still don't get styling of the new Accord sedan. Its a little bit of Hyundai , some Mazda 6 and whole lotta BMW 5 series. The coupe is very sexy though, I guess the sedan is more practical for you right?

Kadey what do you do to support your addiction and don't say it isn't one!

radjago

TerryLee81 said:
Dude... Two Worlds? Shadowrun? Wartech? Project Sylpheed?

At least you got Bioshock, Orange Box and Forza 2.
1. Something has to fill in the gaps.
2. I paid next to nothing for all those titles you mentioned and have felt satisfied with all but Two Worlds.

Klaxon said:
Very nice. ;)
Yeah, not bad for $2 a piece.

cjdunn

Well... that was unexpected.
So I was minding my own business on a Friday lunch hour looking for an external drive (not pictured) for the upgrade to Leopard which stalled horribly when my optical drive died.

There was the Wii. Three of them sitting there in the middle of the day. No Sunday morning, no lottery. In these parts, this was like an unexpected eclipse.

oct3.jpg

I grabbed the four games a few days later. So, I'm officially a PSWii owner. Not sure how I feel.

And then yesterday, Guitar Hero III shows up on my door.

sw26

A quiet month games-wise, but I did get this:

Laptop.jpg

Laptop2.jpg

Not really a gaming machine, but it does what I need it to do really well (mostly Uni work and web browsing).

Only one game this month:

PhantomHourglass.jpg

I did also get PES2008 on the PS3, but took it back for a refund the next day due to it being a half finished mess (which admittedly I might pick up again if they patch it).

TommyT

.hacked said:
It is really not that grand, despite what some people think I really do play the games I buy and when I am done I trade them in.

gamescoll01.jpg

/QUOTE]

I like that! Where might one purchase such a case to hold their games/movies?

Variable

TommyT said:
.hacked said:
It is really not that grand, despite what some people think I really do play the games I buy and when I am done I trade them in.

gamescoll01.jpg

/QUOTE]

You can find that in pretty much any store that sells media or any store like Wallmart or Sears.

TommyT

Variable said:
TommyT said:
You can find that in pretty much any store that sells media or any store like Wallmart or Sears.

Hmm interesting, I haven't seen one at a walmart here ( we've got fucking 4 in Lubbock now -_- ) I guess I will break down and go to some place that sells decent stuff to house all of my media.

gray_fox224

TommyT said:
.hacked said:

gamescoll01.jpg

/QUOTE]

Yeah...I need one of those shelves.

SarBear

dankir said:
I still don't get styling of the new Accord sedan. Its a little bit of Hyundai , some Mazda 6 and whole lotta BMW 5 series. The coupe is very sexy though, I guess the sedan is more practical for you right?

Kadey what do you do to support your addiction and don't say it isn't one!

Yea, I wanted to op for the coupe, but the dealer informed me not only would there be a three week wait for a black EX-L (I couldn't afford a higher trim as I have bought three cars in the past month), but my girlfriend has been hinting that she wants to start a family. I don't think I would have been gettin any for a while if I got the coupe.

:( women

nny

StickyFingers said:
Yeah man, it works great with a steering wheel. As if you're driving a real bus, seeing as this a a simulator of some sort. I loved this game back in the day.

On e-bay? Well, thank you. I guess I have to start searching there, thanks.

Crap, I really like the idea...I might have to get a steering wheel..all these years later. ^^
I lost two auctions before the one I won so I suppose it won't be hard for you to find one copy; good luck.

dankir

SarBear said:
Yea, I wanted to op for the coupe, but the dealer informed me not only would there be a three week wait for a black EX-L (I couldn't afford a higher trim as I have bought three cars in the past month), but my girlfriend has been hinting that she wants to start a family. I don't think I would have been gettin any for a while if I got the coupe.

:( women

Man she says that now but when you move both seats up, fold the seats forward and squeeze in and do the dirty it'll be great! Actually that does kinda sucky. Good choice!

ymmv

Banned
cjdunn said:
Well... that was unexpected.
So I was minding my own business on a Friday lunch hour looking for an external drive (not pictured) for the upgrade to Leopard which stalled horribly when my optical drive died.

There was the Wii. Three of them sitting there in the middle of the day. No Sunday morning, no lottery. In these parts, this was like an unexpected eclipse.

oct3.jpg

I grabbed the four games a few days later. So, I'm officially a PSWii owner. Not sure how I feel.

That's what happens when a hyped console is so scarce that your mind stops functioning when you see one in real life and you buy one on the spot. The sad thing is that if Wii's were in plentiful supply, you'd probably pass it over but since they're supposedly rare you've got this strange urge to grab one before they dissappear again.

larvi

One last pickup for the month. Took the kids trick or treating at the local outlet mall, decided to duck in Gamestop while I was in the area just to browse and spotted this sitting on the rack and couldn't leave it there.

DSCN7320e.JPG

Top Bottom