• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
League Website

9OgieqR.jpg

Ok, so I've tried doing this once before in like 2012 and there was zero interest. Maybe with the MLB license now we'll have some.

Also, full disclosure, while I have been in a league for 6 years or so, I have never been the commissioner. If someone else would like that burden, speak up!

Right now we have a handful of folks interested. If we can get a full league great if not I'm prepared to go with as many managed teams as we can and AI the rest.

AL East

Yankees - ferny
Orioles - kayotix
Blue Jays - doctorwho
Red Sox - sanjuro
Rays - darkside

AL Central

Tigers - got the shakes
White Sox - crow
Twins - synchronicity
Royals - pete_clarf
Indians - brentech

AL West

A's - cosmicqueso
Angels - frozenprince
Rangers - ryseing
Mariners - purple cheeto
Astros - acheron

NL East

Mets - dmncnby
Braves - crimson
Marlins - pistolpete
Nationals - bacon
Phillies - shiv47

NL Central

Cubs - mrbob
Reds - BigAT
Cards - shalashaska
Brewers - eznark
Pirates - beckx

NL West

Giants - xianaphryz
Dodgers - tekumseh
Rockies - phee
Padres - nightz
D'Backs - Rommel

Who doesn't love muthafuggin SPREADSHEETSSSSSSSSSSS

GreinkeDugout.gif.opt.gif

REAL TEAMS????

real teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iboTXbNPy4jgta.gif

So sign up if you want to party like it's Wei Chung Wednesday every single day...because that is how often this is likely to move. We'll be advancing every day, or every other day. Something like that.

Let me know what team you want. If there is a dispute I will arbitrarily decide who gets the team based on my overall impressions of you as a human. This is both to make it easier and to get you used to my iron fist.

League Instructions

League Website

Sign me up. Dibs on Buccos.

That's the mobile app.

Ah. Now I know.

If I join up I will be the Marlins of the league.

What on hands involvement does this require besides being GM of the team. Do I need to be available to manage the team for each game?

I would be in, I think. I have played OOTP for a few years, but I've never played in an online league so I'm not sure what exactly that entails. I do already have the game purchased though. How much of a time commitment is an online league about?

Also if we are picking teams, my first choice would be my hometown Detroit Tigers.

eznark

Banned
I would be in, I think. I have played OOTP for a few years, but I've never played in an online league so I'm not sure what exactly that entails. I do already have the game purchased though. How much of a time commitment is an online league about?

Depends. I spend about 30 minutes per day actively working on my team but I know others spend way more time. The game does a good job of notifying you when you need to do something.

Also, if you miss uploading your file the game just sims past you, so it's not the end of the world.

I bought the game. What's the time commitment like for this? I've done online Mogul leagues before and it was a few minutes per hour a couple hours a day.

No price yet on Steam.

I am definitely tempted if it's no more than a 20-30 minute commitment in a day to do some housekeeping.

Dibs on the Jays.

Depends. I spend about 30 minutes per day actively working on my team but I know others spend way more time. The game does a good job of notifying you when you need to do something.

Also, if you miss uploading your file the game just sims past you, so it's not the end of the world.

30 minutes a day I could deal with. Gives me something else to do at work to distract myself from work.

Sanjuro

How does the game handle teams that a user basically abandons? Would it treat that team in the same manner as an AI team, or does it throw things out of balance?

brentech

I don't have a baseball team or really follow the sport. I'll match the Packers and take the Oakland Athletics.

If someone is die hard about that team and wants in, I can fall onto Cleveland again.

Beckx

Customization must be crazy in the game.

There's a league out there that changed all the world files and player names to Middle Earth / Lord of the Rings stuff. Orcs and Elves settling it on the baseball field like god intended.

My son and I just started a league to play together with a fictional country and teams, just basic stuff, but super fun. We even have a map showing the locations of all the league cites. If you haven't seen the online reports the game generates for leagues, here's the site from that league. (Note that player images are broken most of the time b/c I don't use that setting for this league. Also I haven't customized any of the headers with fancy logos, but you can totally do that.)

Ive seen people create the Caribbean league teams and European baseball leagues. Customization must be crazy in the game.

The game actually already has a ton of other leagues this year besides MLB.

I believe they have the NPB, KBO and Australian leagues among others.

Eznark I'm in for Seattle.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I haven't seriously played an OOTP in years (I think I stopped around 2011), but I'm game. Put me down for the Giants so we can see how much worse I can do than Sabean/Bochy.

There's a league out there that changed all the world files and player names to Middle Earth / Lord of the Rings stuff. Orcs and Elves settling it on the baseball field like god intended.

My son and I just started a league to play together with a fictional country and teams, just basic stuff, but super fun. We even have a map showing the locations of all the league cites. If you haven't seen the online reports the game generates for leagues, here's the site from that league. (Note that player images are broken most of the time b/c I don't use that setting for this league. Also I haven't customized any of the headers with fancy logos, but you can totally do that.)

This is awesome!

eznark

Banned
How does the whole uploading of files work?

It's basically the old email a file to the commish and he imports everything model, but all done in game.

There will be growing pains. I freaking promise that.

If you're grumbling about the price, realize that I usually have between 500-1,000 hours in each annual release.

ryseing

Huh. Would like something to scratch my baseball managing itch.

Can I play on a MacBook w/integrated graphics?

Edit- seemed to be the case for '15.

Interested. Put me down as the Rangers for now.

eznark

Banned

Just so we're clear, there will be no live games. You'll be general managing.

I've played on everything from a 6 year old laptop to a new MacBook Pro. Only difference I've noticed is how quickly league stuff gets simmed.

Uh. Sounds like some fun. I'm in. Basically turned my Windows tablet into an OOTP machine last year. And give me.. the.. uh.. Rays or the hmmm... Marlins?

KaYotiX

Banned
Awesome OT Ez.

I may buy it since it has real teams. Brewers are taken (they are in good hands) as are the Rangers.

Pencil me in for the Orioles.

brentech

To simplify life, let's just throw me on the Indians and call it a day. Other guy will be on As since we were both open to those two.

Top Bottom