• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

eznark

Banned
Awesome OT Ez.

I may buy it since it has real teams. Brewers are taken (they are in good hands) as are the Rangers.

Pencil me in for the Orioles.

Are you doing the dota IHL?

Jesus there is way more interest in this than I anticipated...

To simplify life, let's just throw me on the Indians and call it a day. Other guy will be on As since we were both open to those two.

Well if I'm the other guy... thanks! Let's Go Oak-land clap clap clapclapclap

You know you just can't imagine living without Kluber. He's dreamy.

corey-kluber-smile-meme.jpg

I may buy it since it has real teams.

To be fair, it's always had real players and stuff... just not the team names/logos

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm done with Dota 2 lol, a few of us went to Hots since it's faster and less stressful.

Where would HotS sit in the Dota/LoL spectrum? Never got into the MOBA scene. Thinking about starting out with LoL just to give it an initial try.

Colby

I paid $1 for OotP14 and have put 2,500 hours into it. I would love to play with you guys, but $39.99 is too steep for me. I'm just posting to convince others who are on the fence -- if you love baseball and simulation-type games, this franchise is amazing.

KaYotiX

Banned
Hots is even more casual than lol, which is a more casual version of Dota.

Pretty much, I just got burnt out after thousands of hrs and games taking an hour or more. Love the game I just don't want to sink that much time into it anymore.

Back on topic, never tried the Ootp series so this should be fun. I can also play it at work since I have my laptop :)

Beckx

never tried the Ootp series so this should be fun.

Nothing beats that feeling when your scouts email you and that five star potential you drafted has been re-evaluated...and has lost 2 stars of potential.

Online leagues are awesome though. You start to build up so much history and get attached to your players. It's a blast.

Nothing beats that feeling when your scouts email you and that five star potential you drafted has been re-evaluated...and has lost 2 stars of potential.

Online leagues are awesome though. You start to build up so much history and get attached to your players. It's a blast.

I'v seriously yet to fire up 2016 so I'm excited.

brentech

Only counting the list in the OP, we're currently at 23 teams.

It's in everyone's best interest that you actually intend to play and stick with it. Just 7 teams to fill with maybe some backups in case people decide they aren't going to do it. (Sanjuro)

eznark

Banned
Only counting the list in the OP, we're currently at 23 teams.

It's in everyone's best interest that you actually intend to play and stick with it. Just 7 teams to fill with maybe some backups in case people decide they aren't going to do it. (Sanjuro)

It actually doesn't matter a whole lot in this game if someone drops. The CPU will run their team. And if anyone tries bullshit trades or whatever with them I can just disallow them before advancing.

Sanjuro

It actually doesn't matter a whole lot in this game if someone drops. The CPU will run their team. And if anyone tries bullshit trades or whatever with them I can just disallow them before advancing.

I asked this before, but if the person doesn't drop, will the AI still make adjustments for an active player to keep the flow of things active?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

But then how is the Phillies GM supposed to accurately reflect Amaro???

eznark

Banned
I asked this before, but if the person doesn't drop, will the AI still make adjustments for an active player to keep the flow of things active?

Yeah, sort of. I mean, it's not like you'll trot 5 guys out there if you have a bunch of guys on IR but realistically if you miss a bunch of sims in a row I'll just remove you from the team and offer it to someone else. Giving AI full control is better than an absentee owner.

kasane

I can join but im gonna role play as the worst gm ever

im legit yerrible because i didnt spend any time on ootp 15 which i bought

I played in one of these before and became an expert on the Orioles because of it. I remember keeping Ian Stewart around just because I wanted him to break the all time dingers record in Baltimore.

Just started a game from 1995. Randy Johnson goes 7 strong and leaves up 4-0. Bobby Ayala promptly plunks 2 guys, gets 1 out and leaves with the bases loaded. Ahh memories.

I batted around in the 9th and won 7-2.

Top Bottom