• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OT of tourney level scrubs, wait, does that make any sense?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Ryu players tend to rush in and give a beat down. Sagat and Blanka players are more like to turtle and play a zoning game. Same logic applies here!

still waiting for rikichi :lol

I really want to play...anyone, really. I've been waiting for this semi-final round since like, September or October :-x

Dartastic

I probably should have been in this tournament. :lol

See - Me vs. Satimayadas, or however you spell his name. :lol :lol :lol :lol

eissan

SOOO...what is the hold up? this final match has been in the making for OVER 2 month now!! come on guys its a 10-20 min set get it done!

Finally, the match is done!

3 - 1, captmcblack wins!
Rikichi and I had some great matches...and now it's time to get the last dance underway :)

eissan

captmcblack said:
Finally, the match is done!

3 - 1, captmcblack wins!
Rikichi and I had some great matches...and now it's time to get the last dance underway :)

awesome!

let me know when you can play the final matches :) I am up for it anytime after 6pm CST unless I have soccer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
About damn time. :lol

Okay. Here is how things will go from here out. No matches earlier than two weeks. So that means no earlier than the 13th. You can fight each other any day after that. I don't care if you wait a month.
Second. The day and time you have set for the match, tell me so. Winner has to face the boss.
Third. Practice while you can. This is it. The prizes are there for either of you. The winner has a chance to win himself even something more grand. And most people should know by now I'm not a cheap person.
Lastly, I want these matches recorded. This is a first to four matches so there can be as many as seven. Remember to save them.
Good luck to you both.

And things are updated once again.

I'm training against Ryus now...and I'm retraining myself to play with Ryu as well, so I can get a better handle of how to deal with him in SSFIV.

I have to up my Blanka shenanigans, too :lol

eissan

captmcblack said:
I'm training against Ryus now...and I'm retraining myself to play with Ryu as well, so I can get a better handle of how to deal with him in SSFIV.

I have to up my Blanka shenanigans, too :lol
damn the shenanigans :p

Kadey said:
About damn time. :lol

Okay. Here is how things will go from here out. No matches earlier than two weeks. So that means no earlier than the 13th. You can fight each other any day after that. I don't care if you wait a month.
Second. The day and time you have set for the match, tell me so. Winner has to face the boss.
Third. Practice while you can. This is it. The prizes are there for either of you. The winner has a chance to win himself even something more grand. And most people should know by now I'm not a cheap person.
Lastly, I want these matches recorded. This is a first to four matches so there can be as many as seven. Remember to save them.
Good luck to you both.

And things are updated once again.

Today is the day when we can set up a fight if we want to, right?
I've been in the gravity chamber with Blanka and Guile, and I've even trained with and against Ryu. I can feel it coming over me, I feel it all around me. I've been waiting for this moment all my life; it is my destiny!

I have final exams this week, Christmas shopping, and crazy analysis to do at work for year-end...eissan, let me know what you schedule is and we'll try to get this final fight in - if not this weekend, then during next week before Christmas eve?

eissan

captmcblack said:
I've been in the gravity chamber with Blanka and Guile, and I've even trained with and against Ryu. I can feel it coming over me, I feel it all around me. I've been waiting for this moment all my life; it is my destiny!

I have final exams this week, Christmas shopping, and crazy analysis to do at work for year-end...eissan, let me know what you schedule is and we'll try to get this final fight in - if not this weekend, then during next week before Christmas eve?

lol man I am getting nervous! all I've done is played WoW...LOL.

I can play anytime after 6pm CST on most days just let me know what works for you and we'll work something out :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yah. Any time after today. Just give me time and date and wait for my okay. Winner has to play boss immediately after. Just make sure one of you saves the matches for recording.

eissan

Kadey said:
Yah. Any time after today. Just give me time and date and wait for my okay. Winner has to play boss immediately after. Just make sure one of you saves the matches for recording.
who's the boss!!! is it murder face? :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If I had gotten him, neither of you would stand a chance even if the matches were one bar. Boss should be someone you know, he gets drunk, probably does stuff and more stuff. A good player but not impossible to beat at your level. Just be prepared for anything.

eissan

captmcblack said:

hey wanna play tomorrow, Sunday?

We will definitely get it done before the New Year, eissan!

I just need for my finals and Christmas craziness to settle down so I can make a block of time specifically for SSFIV with you. If not this Friday, let's get it in on Sunday. Failing that, let's try Monday or Tuesday night?

eissan

captmcblack said:

I just need for my finals and Christmas craziness to settle down so I can make a block of time specifically for SSFIV with you. If not this Friday, let's get it in on Sunday. Failing that, let's try Monday or Tuesday night?

Sunday or monday work for me :) let me know what works best for you on those days :)!

GET HYPE :D!

eissan

captmcblack said:

hey so its monday, I am home all day lets do this!! :D add me my psn gamertag is eissan.

eissan

... I keep bumping this thread in the hopes of playin my matches but it seems no matter what I try it doesnt happen...

can we PLEASE get this show on the road?!

yeah yeah yeah, we'll get it done this weekend. :lol

I even gave you my cell # and gchat today so we can play at a moment's notice now, so that should make it much easier to find that 30 minutes you guys mentioned.

I'm sorry for any delays I've caused for this final round; I am in all honesty really, really busy...and the few days I'd had some little free time to play before heading out somewhere, we missed each other because my free time wasn't in sync with eissan's.

So yeah, we'll get it done this weekend.

eissan

captmcblack said:
yeah yeah yeah, we'll get it done this weekend. :lol

I even gave you my cell # and gchat today so we can play at a moment's notice now, so that should make it much easier to find that 30 minutes you guys mentioned.

I'm sorry for any delays I've caused for this final round; I am in all honesty really, really busy...and the few days I'd had some little free time to play before heading out somewhere, we missed each other because my free time wasn't in sync with eissan's.

So yeah, we'll get it done this weekend.

awesome!

k lets do it sunday just so we can let kadey get the boss ready for us :).

Kadey does that work for you?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
About time. Congrats to both players and everybody joining. And of course Eissan for winning. We'll see about setting up that boss fight. Just be prepared. :D

eissan

Kadey said:
About time. Congrats to both players and everybody joining. And of course Eissan for winning. We'll see about setting up that boss fight. Just be prepared. :D

Thanks Kadey! I will try to prepare for the boss fight lol but hard to do when i have no clue who it is lol.

GG, eissan - and congratulations.

That Ryu was every bit as tough as I expected; it was like trying to fight a buzzsaw. :lol
Your execution was great, and I just didn't play the way I should've. Rep us scrubs well versus the boss!

Shit, even though I didn't win I want to fight the boss too, though. :(

And if there is a next tourney, I'm in!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll run the random tourney if I can get confirmation that everybody whom registered is still in.

Prizes and everything will be the same. If not, I'll run a different tourney with the prizes thrown in.

One of you has to make sure you have those replays. I'll get them whenever.

eissan

captmcblack said:
GG, eissan - and congratulations.

That Ryu was every bit as tough as I expected; it was like trying to fight a buzzsaw. :lol
Your execution was great, and I just didn't play the way I should've. Rep us scrubs well versus the boss!

Shit, even though I didn't win I want to fight the boss too, though. :(

And if there is a next tourney, I'm in!

GGS again :) your blanka is definitely better than 90% of blanka's out there just keep training you'll get better with time!

Kadey said:
I'll run the random tourney if I can get confirmation that everybody whom registered is still in.

Prizes and everything will be the same. If not, I'll run a different tourney with the prizes thrown in.

One of you has to make sure you have those replays. I'll get them whenever.

yup I saved them so when ever you want just let me know and I'll give them to you

eissan

THE TOURNEY IS FINALLY OVER!!!!

I played the secret boss, FindMyFarms and BARELY won 3-2...I think he was taking it easy on me :D.

GG's to all the players, the boss Farms, thanks kadey for running the tourney!!!

I am quite pumped right now :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Awesome. Congrats!

I'll get those replays from you later. Maybe some time during the weekend.

I'll notify you when I'll send the stuff. Depending on things are, it could be some time next week or no latter than a month. You don't have to give me an addy yet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll just leave this here.

007aqi.jpg

Eissan, where are my replays?!

eissan said:
THE TOURNEY IS FINALLY OVER!!!!

I played the secret boss, FindMyFarms and BARELY won 3-2...I think he was taking it easy on me :D.

GG's to all the players, the boss Farms, thanks kadey for running the tourney!!!

I am quite pumped right now :)

Congrats Eissan, king of the scrubs! :-D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Best times are late night Eastern times. Late tonight is good.

I get 5-10 cards a month (Wii, PSN and LIVE) so I always have a fresh supply. I'm known for giving them out. One Eissan is getting is part of the ones I got yesterday.

El Sloth

Banned
Kadey said:
Best times are late night Eastern times. Late tonight is good.

I get 5-10 cards a month (Wii, PSN and LIVE) so I always have a fresh supply. I'm known for giving them out. One Eissan is getting is part of the ones I got yesterday.
You can't take my half-assed troll attempt away from me, dammit!

Top Bottom