• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
rainking187 said:
Really? A nice book and a thirty track CD for an extra $10? I thought it was totally worth it.

Doesn't the soundtrack not have all the songs from the game? And the comic you get in the book is the same as the one that plays when the game is installing. At least give it a nicer case or something.

ckeur

Jet Grind Radio! said:
160tzkl.jpg

The slipcover was not what I was expecting. Still cool, though.

Explain? What is it?

ckeur said:
Explain? What is it?
The cover, or the game? o_0

The cover is a translucent plastic, like ice, I suppose, with the KH "branding" like on the limited Japanese DSi.

Also picked up STALKER from the Direct 2 Drive sale. Would have wanted NWN2 instead, but what are ya gonna do.

Legendbyname

Neo Member
WEGGLES said:
New record GET!

IMG_0054.jpg

Caspian - Tertia

If anyone's interested I may or may not have a code redeemable for a free download of a 320kb/s version of this album.... ;)

Caspian.... on GAF? I've been on a huge post-rock kick lately and "You are the Conductor" is an awesome album. How's this one in comparison?

Color me interested if no one else has been yet!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Looking at Katamari and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I'm surprised we aren't seeing new PS3 branding on game packages yet... I guess it really does premiere with Uncharted 2.

Legendbyname said:
Caspian.... on GAF? I've been on a huge post-rock kick lately and "You are the Conductor" is an awesome album. How's this one in comparison?

Tertia's an ok album for me. It's nothing compared to their previous two ventures, especially The Four Trees, which is probably one of my favorite post-rock albums. There's also a major problem with the production quality on the new album.. I don't know what happened.. but it just sounds flat, and some notes kind of sound off at places.

Kai Ozu

Jaroof said:
Wtf? How did it die so quickly?

I don’t really know and neither did Sony’s technical support, supposedly they haven’t even been trained yet on how to deal with PS3 slim issues. So I just returned it to the store and got a new one, no big deal. But still, it’s a bit odd how it happen so fast.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Kai Ozu said:
I don’t really know and neither did Sony’s technical support, supposedly they haven’t even been trained yet on how to deal with PS3 slim issues. So I just returned it to the store and got a new one, no big deal. But still, it’s a bit odd how it happen so fast.

God I really fucking want one of those. Must. Not. Buy.

keep telling me about how it broke!

Gameboy415

I trekked out to Tokyo to go to Akihabara and Tokyo Game Show last weekend with some friends from America, and, despite the fact that TGS absolutely SUCKED this year, I picked up some cool stuff:

0909AkibaGames.jpg

Princess Crown for JP Saturn - Found it for about $25 @ Super Potato :D
Panzer Bandit for JP PS1 - Got it for around $30 thanks to a special sale
あらいぐまラスカル (Raccoon Rascal) for Super Famicom - Regretted passing on this for 4000円 a few months ago here in Osaka, but I found it for only 1480円! :D
Chain Dive for JP PS2 - Got it free with my Sofmap point card

0909AkibaGuides.jpg

Kirby's Air Ride Guidebook
Luigi's Mansion Guidebook
巨人のドシン (Doshin the Giant) Guidebook
Mario Kart Double Dash!! Guidebook
応援団 (Ouendan) Guidebook
Mother 1+2 Guidebook
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland Guidebook
くりきん-ナノアイランドストーリー (Kurikin) Guidebook
Banjo Kazooie 2 Guidebook
Donkey Kong 64 Guidebook
StarFox Adventures Guidebook

0909AkibaToys.jpg

Pepsi Man Bottle Cap - Giant Gorilla Attack - 100円!
Pepsi Man Bottle Cap - Scary Ghost - 100円!

And here's the stuff I picked up at TGS (everything apart from the Okamiden stuff was free):

0909Okami.jpg

大神伝 (Okamiden) handkerchief (x2) - 500円 each @ Capcom's TGS store
大神伝 (Okamiden) folding fan - MIRACULOUSLY I was able to play the demo and I got this afterwards :D
大神伝 (Okamiden) phone strap/screen cleaner - 650円 @ Capcom's TGS store

0909TGS1.jpg

MGS Peace Walker Pamphlet
Microsoft TGS Pamphlet
Sony TGS Pamphlet
SEGA TGS Pamphlet
TGS 2009 Guidebook
Bandai-Namco TGS Pamphlet
Square Enix Magazine
Game Center CX Flier
Capcom Giant Postcard set
Square Enix TGS Pamphlet
Playstation Store Catalog
Ubisoft TGS Pamphlet
Level 5 TGS Pamphlet
Pixel Junk Flier
Square Enix Mobile TGS Pamphlet
Famitsu/I-mode TGS Pamphlet

0909TGS2.jpg

Ninety-Nine Nights 2 Flier
Darksiders Flier
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Flier
Gametech Wasabi Catalog
End of Eternity Foil Card
Capcom Preview DVD
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li Flier
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe Fan
Evangelion 2.0 Mari Fan
Evangelion 2.0 Mari Postcard
Evangelion 2.0 Asuka Postcard
Evangelion 2.0 Rei & Asuka Postcard
Heavy Rain Origami Crane
Lunar: Harmony of The Silver Star Fan
Evangelion 2.0 Rei Fan

XshadowX

Neo Member
YO-Q said:
what where when who how and why?

PS2 hardware at 59$

Canada Wal-mart Anniversary Sale, Sep 25th - Oct 1nd

Couldn't pass up on the price, I'm a collector, So I'll open 1 & keep 2 sealed.

Astery

painey said:
I hope the sight of that bobblehead doesn't mean people will bump up that old Destroy All Humans competition thread after being reminded :lol

not worth the bump, it's not that well made.:lol

Alucrid said:
I'm assuming that the thing with ToV are the costume downloads. Do they always come with the game? Limited time only? Available for DLC?

The costume DLC code comes with that card as a pre-order bonus. However, the costume's DLC is available for everyone for free in the HK PSN and is also usable for the Japanese version of the game.

Drame

Possibly, the last pick-ups of September, bring on October!

fctbp4.jpg

Gundam Rock by Andrew W.K. Fly, gundam fly!

14o6l4l.jpg

Ringo Mogire Beam! Single by Ohtsuki and the Zetsubō Girls.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
oblo said:
Some nice beers, but you really need a Westmalle Tripel & the Blue Chimay up in that mix. Trust me, I'm Belgian. :lol

Westmalle Dubbel is the nr 1 in beers at this moment for me :) It's quite easy to get Belgium beer in Sweden so you can try different breweries, lucky for us :)

nataku

CIMG0010-1.jpg

The Art of Guild Wars 2. They finally ended up selling copies instead of just making them available at PAX.

Awesome book. Highly recommended to anyone interested in GW2. It shows a ton of stuff that they're doing in the game.

WEGGLES

Legendbyname said:

Someone has already nabbed the code, BUT it looks like a straight up photocopy, and not an individually printed code. When I get home I could pm you it an you could see if it works more than once.

And to the person who said tertia is bleh. Kinda gotta agree. It's a strong album, for sure... but definitely a step down from The Four Trees :{ (though, to keep improving after The Four Trees......:lol ). I also noticed the recording sounds a little goofy too. But not distractingly bad. Mostly only noticable on the first track. Sounds like it was a victim of a loudness war... :[

My friend Alessa Gillespie (who is on the GAF member waiting list) gave me this from Japan today. :D

Dissidia: Final Fantasy Potion - Chaos

np41nd.jpg

35k1zpg.jpg

Auron_Kale said:
Last pick-up for September... I hope.

FMA Brotherhood Vol. 2 Blu-ray set

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1194-1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1195.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1197-1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1208.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1199.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1204.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1205.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
:O~ Damn, that's hot.

Yes Boss!

Final pick-up of September. Got a Saturn SCART cable Euro version and I'm going to do a simple hack to get my Saturn to output RGB to one of my tri-sync montors for arcade resolution and pure visual pleasure.

P1020489.jpg

Pin-out of wires are so shockingly accessible with the SCART. I'm wondering how this Euro version differs from the Japanese SCART...seems like a few simple minutes and you could easily change the pin-out.

P1020490.jpg

DeVeAn said:
Where? I have been watching them on Funimation.com. Pretty awesome on blu ray I bet.

Got it off Play-Asia. And yes, it's quite awesome to finally watch in on my tv versus my computer. There are far more details, as well as the brilliant colors, that are far more noticeable through the blu-ray.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Auron_Kale said:
Last pick-up for September... I hope.

FMA Brotherhood Vol. 2 Blu-ray set

Insanely jealous.

God I can't wait for it to get dubbed.

The Original FMA actually had a pretty good dub, and they're getting pretty much all of the old voice cast back for Brotherhood except for Al (who's too old to do the voice now) from my understanding.

I assuming no, but do those have English subs on them?

<-- Huge FMA Fan.

Zerokku said:
Insanely jealous.

God I can't wait for it to get dubbed.

The Original FMA actually had a pretty good dub, and they're getting pretty much all of the old voice cast back for Brotherhood except for Al (who's too old to do the voice now) from my understanding.

I assuming no, but do those DVDs have English subs on them?

<-- Huge FMA Fan.

Only English is in the menus and the copyright warning :p All Japanese for everything else.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Auron_Kale said:
Only English is in the menus and the copyright warning :p All Japanese for everything else.

Phooee. Didn't think there would be, but if there was I'd probably import it. Guess I'll just have to wait for funimation.

When I heard Gamestop moved their 360 VGA cables from New to Used inventory, I knew I had to take advantage.
I picked up a new and sealed 1st party VGA cable for $10.

The HRAP EX-SE
XY
arrived from arcadeshock.
Level of Hype for Mushihimesama Futari? Off the fucking charts.

So I hooked up my old faithful DC VGA monitor to play test the setup.

RFA looks absolutely gorgeous.
Offscreen detail shots. Pretty poor quality, but it person, it looks almost like a low resolution monitor.
Pic 1, Pic 2, terribad quality video

At 640 x 480, Ikaruga looks exactly like the DC port via VGA.
Pic

I also picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

and yes

I freaking love this thing.

Yes Boss!

^^^

Shit. Best HRAP ever. There is not even competition. Even the colored buttons are so tasteful. Nice to see the NA boxart as well. You deliver with the photography as usual!

Hmm, gonna have to hunt down one of those VGA cables for 360 to see what SFIV and the shooters look like on a monitor.

Yes Boss! said:
^^^

Shit. Best HRAP ever. There is not even competition. Even the colored buttons are so tasteful. Nice to see the NA boxart as well. You deliver with the photography as usual!

Hmm, gonna have to hunt down one of those VGA cables for 360 to see what SFIV and the shooters look like on a monitor.

I agree whole heartedly!
Thanks for the kind words.

Top Bottom