• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

oblo

MidnightRider said:
Yes the Blue Chimay is awesome. They didn't sell it where I bought that bottle at but I have had it before. EXPENSIVE
Yeah, I feel sorry for you guys, overhere of course it isn't. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spiderjericho said:
Still not showing off the complete stick collection?

You make it seem like it's easy!

I'm not going to lie. It would take me a WHOLE day to try to take a pic of them all. Not down with that. In this heat + heavy boxes = no way.

Yes Boss!

oblo said:
Yeah, I feel sorry for you guys, overhere of course it isn't. :D

Even worse. My favorite everyday beer is Leffe Radieuse and all we get is the Blonde in the US...and it is marked up. Chimay Blue went through some silly bar trend a few years back and now it is priced too high. Used to be about $6 for a 750ml in the store and now it nears $10. I find myself grabbing the Unibroue product more often now.

DoubleTap

MarkMan said:
Beautiful customs!

I really like the Astro one. :)

Thanks! The Astro became my favorite after I put all the stuff together. That white case was just begging for it. Arcana Heart 2 - PS2/360 dual corded by Akuma001.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Spiderjericho said:
Still not showing off the complete stick collection?

Chacranajxy,

If you could post pics of the PS2, Saturn (and Dreamcast if you have that) in that high definition thread, it would be appreciated.

I was thinking of buying a processor:

http://hometheater.about.com/od/audioandvideoaccessories/gr/dvdedgeshort.htm

I can get you guys some decent quality pictures next week since I should have the Saturn RGB cable by then and might have a real, non-cell phone digital camera, too. From what I've heard though, the XRGB is much, much better for older games (particularly 240p stuff), and the lag is pretty bad on the DVDO Edge unless you have Gamemode turned on, which looks kinda assy.

I'm going to put the XRGB through its paces today... which means it's time for Beatmania IIDX!

vodka-bull said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC US (but I'll let it collophaned because I also ordered the PAL version)
80797_cimg0005j_122_391lo.jpg

Puzzle Quest, it was a Xbox Live Deal of the week (seems that microsoft finally got it that we don't give a shit about game addons of 3 years old games)
80798_cimg0008d_122_218lo.jpg

Super Mario Bros. (back to the roots! :D )
80800_cimg0009b_122_253lo.jpg

World of Goo (it's called one of the best wiiware titles so I had to buy it)
80803_cimg0010b_122_516lo.jpg

+

Rock Band 2 instruments
80805_cimg0014j_122_53lo.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy official strategy guide
80814_cimg0016b_122_386lo.jpg

House of the Dead Overkill
80808_cimg0015d_122_745lo.jpg

Killzone 2
80817_cimg0017l_122_373lo.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 2
80819_cimg0018y_122_579lo.jpg

Kirby's Adventure (that's awesome!)
80821_cimg0020m_122_91lo.jpg

Intentor

Neo Member
My last pick-ups of the month:

dsc01027i.jpg

Eternal Darkness (one of the best GameCube games - gift from my girlfriend!), Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (much better with Wii Zapper!), Metroid Prime Trilogy (three games for the price of one!), Beautiful Katamari (this franchise is quite crazy... and addictive!), Mass Effect (one of the best western RPGs I've ever played), Lost Odyssey (very nice classic JRPG with a perfect soundtrack), Dead Rising (one of the reasons I took Xbox 360!) and Gears of War (need to say something?).

oblo

Yes Boss! said:
Even worse. My favorite everyday beer is Leffe Radieuse and all we get is the Blonde in the US...and it is marked up. Chimay Blue went through some silly bar trend a few years back and now it is priced too high. Used to be about $6 for a 750ml in the store and now it nears $10. I find myself grabbing the Unibroue product more often now.
Radieuse, yeah, not a bad choice at all... Anyway just got home from the supermarket, was thinking about this topic while shopping so I made this pick-up:

176_dscn0553.jpg

(The blue is way too bright, guess it's the flash on my camera.)

Set me back: €4.66 and I will get €0.40 back when I return the bottles... But hey, remember, we do get lots of games later and it's always more expensive. :D

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
sunglasses.jpg

Fives 3.0 Crystal Black with Black Iridium Polarized lenses.

Had to buy them because I lost my last pair of Oakleys yesterday whilst diving off a pier into the sea and forgetting to take them off. Had them for 6 years too :lol

oblo

@MidnightRider:

Most supermarkets have it here, allover the country (plenty of nightshops too actually so you're safe 24/7 and of course every decent bar has it on the list but then you're paying between €3-3.5 for one usually, still pretty affordable) and I hate to mention that in fact I happen to shop at one of the more expensive supermarkets...

If there's one thing that can get me patriotic then that would just have to be our beers. :lol

Yes Boss!

oblo said:
@MidnightRider:
If there's one thing that can get me patriotic then that would just have to be our beers. :lol

It is ridiculous the quality of beers you guys produce. I actually fly to Brussels every couple of years just to drink beer. Just that...stay in a nice hotel and drink beer every day. My brother just asked me if I want to go back next year.

MidnightRider said:
I have the option to buy a Gameboy Micro..... should I do it?

80 Shipped with 3 games.

The one in the buy/sell thread? My god...do it, as those are awesome games. I take my micro with me in my bag everywhere. I might not play it for a month or two but then all of sudden I'm on it for a week. Playing this one all last week:

P1020450.jpg

profit

oblo said:
@MidnightRider:

Most supermarkets have it here, allover the country (plenty of nightshops too actually so you're safe 24/7 and of course every decent bar has it on the list but then you're paying between €3-3.5 for one usually, still pretty affordable) and I hate to mention that in fact I happen to shop at one of the more expensive supermarkets...

I'm belgian aswell, and its true to say that the only thing that makes me patriotic is our beers...

I wouldnt mind mailing a few beers to some of my fellow gaffers though, but can you send beers via the postal system? (just having some stupid ideas today it seems).

Where do you live in Belgium Oblo?

oblo

Ghent, been living here for nine years now, born and raised in Antwerp though and you just can't seem to get that out of your system somehow.

profit

oblo said:
Ghent, been living here for nine years now, born and raised in Antwerp though and you just can't seem to get that out of your system somehow.
Born and raised in Antwerp aswell, still live there though. My sis moved on to Ghent after her studies though.
I'm planning on moving out of the house next year, no ide where I'll live though.

What is that yellow cartridge Borman?

oy0eN.jpg

Some new games and the Citrus cd from Asobi Seksu from their show in Austin last weekend. I met Yuki, their vocalist; she's so hot and I totally forgot to ask her to sign my cd :(

Yes Boss!

Getting ready for my PSP Go. Got Metal Gear Solid. This is the third time I'm buying this game over the last decade+ and the tenth time I've spent money on a Kojima product. Never been able to play any for more than an hour or two because of the challenging stories and controls. Determined to finally play through the first Solid game on the Go. Determined.

P1020471.jpg

Chorazin

3964527220_1725bb3c3c.jpg

3963751347_012f5cd68b.jpg

The GF and I went to the live taping of SModcast in Red Bank NJ last night, and it was AWESOME. Kevin and Scott are nice, genuine guys who love doing what they do. They make sure to talk to every fan for a few minutes, it was really, really cool.

FORGETICUS!!!

Haven't posted in a while but got these:

Scribblenauts (& Rooster Hat):
IMG_1179.jpg

The Beatles: Rock Band & Rickenbacker 325 Guitar:
IMG_1184-1.jpg

4 Beatles albums (CDs are in the car, ripped the albums onto my iphone):
IMG_0269.png

IMG_0270.png

IMG_0271.png

IMG_0272.png

Finally, my personal holy grail: Nike Air Max BW Classics (brand new & in a specific color scheme :D):
IMG_1188.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, how is the smodcast book?
I love smodcast!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
In high school I wore the crap out of this shirt... It's my favorite video game shirt evar.

Ended up finding a new/unworn one on ebay. Yay.

3965428250_172c7966db.jpg

dc`

Neo Member
donkey show said:
And the finished product!

gundamsackboy04.jpg
This is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Nothing to contribute...being a poor university student hurts the gaming budget. :(

Top Bottom