• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You hear that Viz? WE NEED OUR ALL STAR DEFENSEMEN
Yea no one was playing particularly well + the cheese goals, not a big deal though

Milly79

Honestly makes it less fun to play? Like I really am thinking about just not playing anymore. I can understand if we are getting cheesed and well defending it, but off nights just turn me off from wanting to play.

Red_Man

WE NEED YOU TO MAKE IT THRU AN ENTIRE GAME FIRST
oYs0z.gif

Red_Man

That almost looks like the Predators face in a weird way. When I think of it like that it doesn't make me want to put rusty nails in my eyes.

Stat!

Hey, new Gaffer, long time NHL/hockey fan, do you guys have any open slots or any games I can join with you guys?

My GT is ACES11, I don't mind adding people.

Stat!

1) ACES11

2) 9....but someone (who was removed) currently has it. So if not that 11.

3) Right Wing/Goalie But I don't mind playing defense the odd game. I notice there are no goalies so I don't mind playing that.

4) The Monster (or it might be my real name, I need to check that). It's not creative I know.

5) Xbox Live Friend Request? SENT

A bit about myself. I've played NHL games from 99 to 12. From September of one release to September of the next. I've played EASHL in the past, just not this year since I don't have a team. I'm a Leafs fan. A rational Leafs fan. But I'm excited to play EASHL again.

Marvie_3

Banned
1) ACES11

2) 9....but someone (who was removed) currently has it. So if not that 11.

3) Right Wing/Goalie But I don't mind playing defense the odd game. I notice there are no goalies so I don't mind playing that.

4) The Monster (or it might be my real name, I need to check that). It's not creative I know.

5) Xbox Live Friend Request? SENT

A bit about myself. I've played NHL games from 99 to 12. From September of one release to September of the next. I've played EASHL in the past, just not this year since I don't have a team. I'm a Leafs fan. A rational Leafs fan. But I'm excited to play EASHL again.
DOES NOT COMPUTE

You can have #9 if you want it. That guy hasn't played at all this year and I don't think he played much last year. I doubt he's coming back at this point.

So if Viz is/was A Monster and you're The Monster........we've got a lot of monsters.

Stat!

DOES NOT COMPUTE

You can have #9 if you want it. That guy hasn't played at all this year and I don't think he played much last year. I doubt he's coming back at this point.

So if Viz is/was A Monster and you're The Monster........we've got a lot of monsters.

I know. Rational Leaf Fan are very few and very far between.

I'll take 9 then but I don't mind having a new number if he comes back. I was the Monster when EASHL first came out. Jonas Gustavsson being the craze and I took that name. I never thought of a good one since.

I saw you added me to right wing (thanks). Is it bad if I play goalie like 50/50? Or are no goalies allowed?

Marvie_3

Banned
I know. Rational Leaf Fan are very few and very far between.

I'll take 9 then but I don't mind having a new number if he comes back. I was the Monster when EASHL first came out. Jonas Gustavsson being the craze and I took that name. I never thought of a good one since.

I saw you added me to right wing (thanks). Is it bad if I play goalie like 50/50? Or are no goalies allowed?
We usually don't use goalies. We can give it a try in an OTP game or a scrimmage though and see how it goes.

Stat!

We usually don't use goalies. We can give it a try in an OTP game or a scrimmage though and see how it goes.

No worries. I understand. I may be a bit rusty but I'm decent and it's always something I enjoy.

I'm a far better forward than goalie but I always enjoy both.

Red_Man

Most teams who use goalies are ridiculous as well.... But seeing as Milly's quitting we have wing spots open :D

Stat!

Most teams who use goalies are ridiculous as well.... But seeing as Milly's quitting we have wing spots open :D

I haven't played EASHL (I have done BAP) at all this year (I might just buy a boost pack) but what do you mean ridiculous?

What should I look out for?

Also, I'm going to make the assumption that all glitch goals have been fixed.

(Okay, that was sarcasm).

Red_Man

I haven't played EASHL (I have done BAP) at all this year (I might just buy a boost pack) but what do you mean ridiculous?

What should I look out for?

Also, I'm going to make the assumption that all glitch goals have been fixed.

(Okay, that was sarcasm).
They're just really fucking good, and use a lot of cheese / glitch goals to score, so it's typically better to not use a human goalie.

Red_Man

Really? I'm surprised. I would think a human goalie would limit the number of cheese / glitch goals.
Well teams that use human goalies usually have guys in net who are REALLY good. I don't know how good you are in net, but if you know how to play against the glitch stuff they you could be fine.

Stat!

Well teams that use human goalies usually have guys in net who are REALLY good. I don't know how good you are in net, but if you know how to play against the glitch stuff they you could be fine.

I understand. And again, if you guys don't want me in net, I'm fine. It's just something I play from time to time. I'm decent. I know the mechanics of how to play net, and how shots work and stuff. The problem with goaltending (shit controls) is the right stick. If you don't touch the right stick, I guarantee you'll make a ton more saves. I'm not sure entirely why EA has it but the right stick freezes you.

TBH, I played defence 90% in NHL 11 cause I was on the world's worst team and I was the only one who could score or defend.

I'm online if anyone wants to practice or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
The game overcompensates if one team has a goalie as well. Their AI is better and the bounces go their way a lot more often.
I understand. And again, if you guys don't want me in net, I'm fine. It's just something I play from time to time. I'm decent. I know the mechanics of how to play net, and how shots work and stuff. The problem with goaltending (shit controls) is the right stick. If you don't touch the right stick, I guarantee you'll make a ton more saves. I'm not sure entirely why EA has it but the right stick freezes you.

TBH, I played defence 90% in NHL 11 cause I was on the world's worst team and I was the only one who could score or defend.

I'm online if anyone wants to practice or something.
If you just sit back in the crease and don't do anything, you make way more saves. It's completely broken.

Stat!

The game overcompensates if one team has a goalie as well. Their AI is better and the bounces go their way a lot more often.

If you just sit back in the crease and don't do anything, you make way more saves. It's completely broken.

I agree that it needs fixing in some areas. Cutting down the angles doesn't do as much as it should.

So yeah, not sure if anyone wants to practice, scrimmage, or play tonight but I'm down if anyone wants to.

welcome aboard

Im down for some games, I'll shoot you a friend req and club invite if you already havent gotten one

see some guys are on right now, I'm hopping on now

Stat!

First game? 3 Goals and 1 Assist.

Sure, one of the goals and on the third shift of the game, I put it into our own net, but that's beside the point.

But my second goal (the real one) was a beauty. 2 real goals and 1 assist. Beauty. I loved playing with people who knew how to be in position. Kind of a new experience.

And we won with 14 seconds left. Damn. 3-1 victory for the good guys.

zsswimmer

Shittiest goal just happened. I had a penalty shot against, I dive out like I always do, I stop the guys forward progress 100%.

We both stare awkwardly at each other for about 5 solid seconds before he realizes (before me) that the puck is still live, and from a complete stop he skates to the side and scores.

-_-

Stat!

Shittiest goal just happened. I had a penalty shot against, I dive out like I always do, I stop the guys forward progress 100%.

We both stare awkwardly at each other for about 5 solid seconds before he realizes (before me) that the puck is still live, and from a complete stop he skates to the side and scores.

-_-

Odd goal and really annoying especially since he lost the puck after you touched it and it went backwards.

Anyways, good games tonight. Thanks for letting my join. I appreciate it and look forward to more games in the future. Hopefully, I didn't suck too bad. My mic was having issues.

Top Bottom