• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Stat!

It's all in the pink glove

edit: on the note that new people are signing up I will continue to practice the goalie position in OTP so we don't have to constantly switch up who sits/plays in club

You were awesome last night and would have had a shutout in game 1 (if I didn't score on you). If you want to practice later, I'm down.

Those were some awesome games. Lots of fun. Hopefully, I wasn't too bad (feel free to criticize with constructive compliments).

On another note, I need to pick a new name though since "Monster" is considered profane.

Any ideas?

1) Spectrefire
2) Right Defencemen
3) 21
4) Candy Cane

gonna have to confer with Marvie to see if we are letting Canucks fans join this year.

You might have to wait until NHL13 when they put in a dedicated "dive" button so you guys will know what to do half the time

j/k dude I'll shoot you a friend req and invite when I get a chance, welcome aboard

Marvie_3

Banned
1) Spectrefire
2) Right Defencemen
3) 21
4) Candy Cane
ibmB9a25IA7CPG.gif

gonna have to confer with Marvie to see if we are letting Canucks fans join this year.

You might have to wait until NHL13 when they put in a dedicated "dive" button so you guys will know what to do half the time

j/k dude I'll shoot you a friend req and invite when I get a chance, welcome aboard
At least it's not Tabris.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You were awesome last night and would have had a shutout in game 1 (if I didn't score on you). If you want to practice later, I'm down.

Those were some awesome games. Lots of fun. Hopefully, I wasn't too bad (feel free to criticize with constructive compliments).

On another note, I need to pick a new name though since "Monster" is considered profane.

Any ideas?
You were pretty good man, I'm mostly a passer so it was nice to see you convert on some of our plays, overall good stuff.

At least it's not Tabris.
I'm pretty sure people with severe retardation can't play xbox.

anyone wanna play right now, me and aces are on and ready
I'm up for jumping in for the next game if you guys are still on.

I've already mastered RB+LB, so we're good to go.

Red_Man

EA servers are such shit these last two weeks I've dropped about 5 times in the last two days from them and it's not my connection cause I'm still connected to live and aces and show have dropped because of it too

Stat!

sounds like Canadian Connection Drop Syndrome again...

That was significantly less fun than the previous night. Dropping after a fight I didn't want to get into and one of our games being up 5-1 and getting looped? Lame.

Although, scoring a goal from 200 feet away was sweet.

That was significantly less fun than the previous night. Dropping after a fight I didn't want to get into and one of our games being up 5-1 and getting looped? Lame.

Although, scoring a goal from 200 feet away was sweet.

get used to it, that's how EASHL works, some ups and lots of downs

zsswimmer

Aces since you play RW and I usually play RD here's a good tip for the faceoff win.

When the center wins the puck back to the RD you need to stay up on the wall so I can pass up it the boards. From there it's up to you back to me or the other d man or somewhere else. So instead of going towards the net just make sure the dmen have an outlet to pass to.

I feel like we still need to use the point more often, even for just cycling, because I saw a lot of turnovers from trying to force a cross crease pass over and over. But that's been happening all year so I doubt that'll change :p

Stat!

Aces since you play RW and I usually play RD here's a good tip for the faceoff win.

When the center wins the puck back to the RD you need to stay up on the wall so I can pass up it the boards. From there it's up to you back to me or the other d man or somewhere else. So instead of going towards the net just make sure the dmen have an outlet to pass to.

I feel like we still need to use the point more often, even for just cycling, because I saw a lot of turnovers from trying to force a cross crease pass over and over. But that's been happening all year so I doubt that'll change :p

Good to know. I'm still getting used to it so I wasn't sure if I should (be defensive and) cover the net or go to the point or in case of the center being tied up, grab the puck.

I'm not used to having 2 d-men. It's odd for me. I know I can forget the d-men on offense, tap your stick or yell into the mic - either one. I'll try to be more mindful. Anything else I should improve on?

I know I need to get the puck off my stick quicker. I need to get the timing down between EASHL and offline.

Marvie_3

Banned
One thing from tonight. Wings REALLY need to keep to their sides when possible. There were too many times where both wings were bunched together on one side of the ice. Happened a lot in both the defensive and offensive zones.

Red_Man

Yea that was my bad I was drifting to the right a bit, forget I'm on left wing sometimes, and Aces was on my side and I assume cause I kept drifting.

Red_Man

WTF I was just changing my attributes for my winger and try to leave the menu and it says it can't save my profile so I click to skip it and it erases all my settings and characters.....reboots at the starter menu, and everything's gone....all my boosts and everything. Holy fuck I hate EA so much, if I can't fix this I'm finally done with this game for good.

Milly79

I'm mostly a passer

Wait, what? Uhh, no.

WTF I was just changing my attributes for my winger and try to leave the menu and it says it can't save my profile so I click to skip it and it erases all my settings and characters.....reboots at the starter menu, and everything's gone....all my boosts and everything. Holy fuck I hate EA so much, if I can't fix this I'm finally done with this game for good.

Bwhahaaha.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pretty sure there's a fix for that.

Red_Man

Wait, what? Uhh, no.
Are you serious? I pass to you 90% of the time, and the 10% of the time I don't you bitch that I don't even if you have 3 goals.

Pretty sure there's a fix for that.
You have any idea what it is? I've checked EA's forums but that wasn't much help. I says I have the same games played and shit, so basically if I get my guy up to an A again I'll get my Legend card back, but all my boost's are locked up.

Milly79

Are you serious? I pass to you 90% of the time, and the 10% of the time I don't you bitch that I don't even if you have 3 goals.

Can't recall how many times I've seen you pass up a wide open net for a little wiggle short sider. But hey, who am I?!

Red_Man

Can't recall how many times I've seen you pass up a wide open net for a little wiggle short sider. But hey, who am I?!
:lol you mean after we've tried it 6 times and its not getting through and you guys say to quit forcing it? Yea alright. I could say the same for how many open nets you've passed on but I don't give a shit as long as we win.

Milly79

:lol you mean after we've tried it 6 times and its not getting through and you guys say to quit forcing it? Yea alright. I could say the same for how many open nets you've passed on but I don't give a shit as long as we win.

Tampons, use them.

Also, I'm still a better player. ^_~

Marvie_3

Banned
You have any idea what it is? I've checked EA's forums but that wasn't much help. I says I have the same games played and shit, so basically if I get my guy up to an A again I'll get my Legend card back, but all my boost's are locked up.
Not sure. I've seen it posted about on the EA forums but I can't remember really. Just post on there and see if anyone can help you.

Red_Man

Not sure. I've seen it posted about on the EA forums but I can't remember really. Just post on there and see if anyone can help you.
Alright I'll keep looking, the forums just seem to mostly be a lot of people bitching about glitches and server drops. If I can't find anything it shouldn't take me too long to get my grade up.

zsswimmer

Does saving your profile on a usb drive prevent stuff like Legit's problem from happening? I know it happened to me last year but I didn't lose my boost, just had to get back up to A- overall.

Alright I'll keep looking, the forums just seem to mostly be a lot of people bitching about glitches and server drops. If I can't find anything it shouldn't take me too long to get my grade up.

you should be able to redownload your boosts from your 360's download history

Stat!

One thing from tonight. Wings REALLY need to keep to their sides when possible. There were too many times where both wings were bunched together on one side of the ice. Happened a lot in both the defensive and offensive zones.

I'll admit I was pretty poor in that regard. We also tended to chase in the offensive zone. We don't need all 3 of us forwards chasing the d-man or we get caught on an odd man rush.

I'm up for some games after NY/Ottawa if anyone is interested.

gg's earlier, we really didnt notice any difference in play with the tuners, shortside still looked exploitable. We just didnt run into any mega cheesers that tried to force it so not sure if it's been "fixed"

ShowStopper's buddy joined today

here's his info

GT: vieirak
Pos: RW
#: 19
Player Name: ???

Top Bottom