• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Jiggy37 said:
I'll post them at the end of the tournament. That was the whole reason I started the tracking in the first place, after all--to say who picks who, and how often those characters win online on NeoGAF.
But if I said "Oh snap, this character has won 0% of his matchups even though he's been used 8 times :O" (there's nobody really like that, yet), it might be possible that suddenly people would stop picking that character and that would skew the results.
On the other hand, someone might see that and say, 'what?! snake is losing horribly? I'll show you!"

slayn

But I wanna know noooooow :(

Also, jiggy, we should make an effort to play some time tonight if you are free. I hear great things, and I wish to try my jigglepuff against you.

Arol

Jiggy37 said:
17) Arol (Meta Knight, Lucario, Lucario) over NeoForte (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas) 2-1; Final Destination, Halberd
(note: because of the win record, we know Lucas lost twice and won once, and Lucario won at least once, but don't know whether Meta Knight or Lucario took the other win)

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I won both times with Lucario.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Well, it's "after 5" (we're both EST)... and he hasn't been on GAF since yesterday and he still hasn't shown up on my list. :\

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Superbank(Captain Falcon) vs Dragmire(Zelda/Sheik) on Yoshis Island
Superbank(Captain Falcon) vs Dragmire(Zelda/Sheik) on Bridge of Eldin

2-0

Good games Dragm. :)

For some reason the game wouldn't let me save replays.

Guled

Osaka said:
Meh, looks like that even in the end it came to schedule issues with me and Guled. Since I was the one who forgot about our previous set time, I think it's just fair that it's Guled's victory by default.
I was really looking to fighting, but don't worry, I will win this toutnament for your sake :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Can we go to the second round? I see Crimmy has won, though I can't play today, or tomorrow... bu I can on Thursday.

Any of you guys having server issues?

infiniteloop and I are scheduled to play right now, both of us are getting 61020 errors when trying to connect.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
Fine fine. If you guys know for sure who your next opponent is, go ahead. Stage for next round will be Final Destination.

So the default is Final Destination this time around right? Good :D

Firestorm

If the following users do not respond, they will be replaced and/or dropped:

War Machine
OgnodoD
Scribble
Ril
Mii
ganondorf>link
Kevtones
Ryuuga
TJ Spyke
ArtanisIX
Akia
The M.O.B.
Gamer @ Heart
Gekkonidae
Fuzzery

Jiggy37 said:
But I missed the Dechaios win. I figured Zeed was such an active poster in the Dojo thread because he played a lot of Smash Bros., so I thought maybe he'd be really good or something. >_> Oh, I'll probably also miss SuperAndroid17 losing (because, again, DBZ name = lose) because Gamer @ Heart won't show, but that doesn't count.

Whatever the case, I had only made predictions on a select few matches anyway

:lol :lol

I really never chose this name , My brother did back in the stone ages.. if anything since it took a year for my account to get approved. Not that it matters , But I'll be here to prove you wrong jiggly.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Hmm. It's been more than 24 hours since WalkMan was on GAF, still no sign of him on Brawl (though I guess the connection problems could be blamed for that).

Well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If we know who we are fighting next, should we send PMs and try to get it done, or would it be better to wait until the first round is over with?

slayn

Jiggy37 said:
I just played slayn (non-tournament match) and suicided in under ten seconds with Pikachu for this very reason. D: Really rather... sad.
hey I jumped off the edge to even it up didn't I? =P

But yeah, that was pretty funny to watch.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
'Kay, WalkMan and I just finished our matches. For someone who doesn't talk much on GAF, he's better than most of YOU peasants. Okay, not Jiggy or slayn or Nabster, but still.

Crushed(Snake) over WalkMan (Luigi) on Yoshi's Island
Crushed(Snake) over WalkMan (Luigi) on Final Destination

Pretty even matches both times, came down to one stock for us both. Really could have gone either way, if the "warmups" were indication (A few false starts, like items on Yoshi's Island, starting on FD after that, forced us to restart a few).

But man, I finally got to do it. I'd been trying for both matches, but he was too slippery for me. But I stuck him square on the cap at the end of the second match, and it was the finishing blow.

"NOW!" :D

Nice games.

Jiggy

slayn said:
hey I jumped off the edge to even it up didn't I? =P

But yeah, that was pretty funny to watch.
Oh, yeah, not saying you weren't being totally fair. But man, that was the dumbest thing I've done since Melee, literally. :p (When I had first played Melee, I picked Kirby and started off on Yoshi's Island, and fireballed myself straight through the center yellow blocks three times in one match. Now there's a true sorry case. >_>)

I think I agree with Keru_Shiri. Never play Pikachu if there's lag. >_>

Top Bottom